
Mars1212
Status:
Mood:
Ok
Offline
- Hello, I'm going to try to make this post not too confusing. I've had a really challenging couple of days. If any of you may have been reading my posts over some time, I've talked a lot about the struggles with work and my career. I was a...
- I feel bad, a friend that I've known for a long time really wants to go out with me. I used to be interested in him like eight years ago. He led me on for about six to nine months, until I gave up on it. When I gave up on it, the tables turned...
- I was not really sure where to post this, I'm not sure if this is a codependency issue per se, but I do think that it's a boundary issue for sure. I think that I have a lot of PTSD around being controlled, due to my history of abuse, and I have...
- Does anyone else find that the news causes them depression? It's been a major source of stress for me. I just could not get to bed until about five AM this morning due to the news. It really put me in a bad mood. How do you cope with the...
- I guess this counseling is helping. I have some friends that have been stressing me and I feel like they want too much. They seem to want to always make grandiose plans, never anything simple. I do not get along with one of them.The phone rang...
- So I am attempting to change careers. I was a schoolteacher for a very long time. I was good at it but the bad behavior and chaos at school really got to me, so I went back for my master's. It's a facet of software development, so a total pivot if...
- So does anyone here know anything about or have any experiences with Ketamine? I read some on it, and what worries me is that Ketamine apparently induces dissociation. I almost can deal better with depression itself than disscociation-which...
- I really lucked out. After my insurance dropped my old therapist, I could not really find a new one. I called my university and they provide therapy and I will not have to pay for it! I really lucked out. We had one phone consult and even...
- My network seems to be really strained to falling apart, a network of people that I've had for a long time. One group of friends I let go of because it got really toxic. It seems like everything is going at once now. Anyway, one of the people in...
- Well I had mentioned earlier that I was trying to get back out there and start dating. I went to a speed dating event earlier this week which was really fun. I chose three people on the list that I might be interested in. None of them chose me...
- So as I've been going through therapy, I've had to reexamine all of my relationships and my career as well. I have been ending/winding down a very long-term "friendship" with people that I thought were really my friends. They were like a second...
- I'm curious what works for you in your recovery, I'm interested to know if ppl want to share. For me, these things help:swimmingpracticing on my language apppeer support meetingssometimes warmlinesmeditation classshort road tripsmedssome DBT...
- One good thing is that after I was done with hospital IOP, we can go to peer support for free once a week in person. I really clicked with the other people in my IOP cohort and kind of became friends with them. The peer support leaders there are...
- I have a really bad relationship with my brother. I do not like him at all. A previous therapist and a few other people thought he was a sociopath. It's possible. I know even sociopaths need help, but I really don't want to make it my problem.I...
- I feel like it's hard to find a therapist that really knows what to do and is good. The one that I had before was dropped by insurance and another one that I had and liked really feels like I should have nothing to do with my family, which for me is...