
Mars1212
Status:
Mood:
Ok
Offline
- One of the characteristics of codepdendence is a hard time accepting compliments and praise, it's actually on the list when it's read aloud at meetings.It was interesting, the other night, I was having dinner with a friend and he was saying while we...
- Hello,This actually is not a depression post, but I am looking for some advice if people are willing to do that. I actually had an amazing couple of days. I took a day off and paid off my car and one of my credit cards, and had an interview at...
- So, like a lot of people with codependency issues, I have people in my life who are clingy, needy, dependent, bossy and manipulative. These behaviors can work both ways in the codependent dynamic. We can play this role toward others or they play...
- So, today is Mother's Day and I always have a lot of angst around holidays. This constant discomfort that comes up around all of them. Usually this vague discomfort and depression that leads up to the day. I'll try to make a long story short,...
- So I had a boyfriend before the pandemic from a social group that I went to. He broke up with me in Mar 2020 right before lockdown. It was terrible. I loved him SO much. He unfortunately was a narcissist. I even cried about it until late...
- I'm still having such a hard time with my work situation. I've posted about it before, but it really got to me today. I graduated with a certificate for a new career and just cannot seem to even get an interview. It's just a growing pile of...
- So I am really at a crossroads. I am going to try to keep a long story short, but that is hard to do sometimes.In a nutshell, I was on the receiving end of domestic violence with my family of origin for many years, and even though I had moved out...
- I don't know what my problem is. I had so much to do today and ended up coming home and falling asleep. I had really wanted to go hiking and clean my bathroom, and then maybe do something this evening, but for some reason got off on a tangent...
- I know this is really petty and a little strange, but it's bothering me. I didn't have the best holiday last weekend, and am feeling a little better this weekend. One of the good things about last weekend was that I got some really nice texts...
- I am not sure what to think. I was told by a specialist (cardiology) to see if I could re evaluate the meds that I am on (seroquel) due to the high side effect profile. My primary care said this as well.I have tried to address this with my current...
- Anyone else have issues dating after a breakup, like it's gonna take them a while? I've started dating a little again, and have been attracted to other people. Even made out with someone and don't feel like I'm "cheating." This person wanted to go...
- Here it is a major holiday, and I am so tired. Depression has been under control for many years, but I feel like I'm starting to spiral downward since about a month ago. I feel like withdrawing more and more. I don't know what's gotten into me.I...
- Some people like the thrill of conflict, narcissists are an example of this. They enjoy the charge that they get out of a good fight and they like to win, as this is the way they are and their nature. People with codepedent tendencies don't handle...
- I've been wanting to change careers for a very, very long time, years. I've tried hard to do this. It was not possible to do it without further training-I attempted to do so through volunteering, etc, but it didn't lead to a job. My teaching...
- I've been attending a group with a life coach for years. I love it and it really helps me. It's virtual now. There is a man there, who, to be honest, is very attractive. If I met him elsewhere I would date him. He's asked me out a few times in...