
Mars1212
Status:
Mood:
Ok
Offline
- I am wondering what to do about this holiday. I don't spend it with my family of origin due to serious issues. I won't get into that, but I have spent holidays with some friends that have become like family.The problem: there are a couple of men...
- I've been attending a group with a life coach for years. I love it and it really helps me. It's virtual now. There is a man there, who, to be honest, is very attractive. If I met him elsewhere I would date him. He's asked me out a few times in...
- I am wondering what to do about this holiday. I don't spend it with my family of origin due to serious issues. I won't get into that, but I have spent holidays with some friends that have become like family.The problem: there are a couple of men...
- I've been feeling really uncomfortable with a group of friends recently, and things came to a confrontation with one person. Seems to me to me that she is very controlling and she recently got very angry because I had afternoon plans and could...
- I don't know if it has been the pandemic or what, but lately I have been feeling fluctuations of depression and anxiety. There have been three times now where I was supposed to go to an event, and then cancelled at the last minute. One was a...
- I am not sure where a post like this would go, but I suppose that anxiety and depression could affect relationships and sexuality. I am assuming we are all adults here (I don't know).I feel like the pandemic and the quarantine really impacted my...
- So, I think many people, not all, avoid conflict-not all. I personally don't like it. Codependent people REALLY avoid it. This is not good because realistically it can't always be avoided. As per an earlier post, I attract aggressive people. In...
- Throughout my life, for as long as I can remember, I have had issues with domineering people in my life. It must be my karma or something. It seems like an issue with either narcissists, or just pushy, clingy people is a theme. I guess if you...
- So, I am very upset and confused about a situation that I have in my life currently. I graduated from college last December and am ready to switch careers, and start interviewing.In November, I had part of my thyroid removed because I had an...
- I think that I have posted about this person before, and am going to again. It's a real problem. I have a "chosen family," becuase my actual family is really dysfunctional. But, there are men that hang out there at their house who WON'T TAKE...
- Hello,I have an issue that I am really confused about. My immediate family that lives in the area near me is extremely dysfunctional. There was a lot of domestic violence and abuse (toward me) and I had to cut loose.Over the years, I had...
- So I've been doing things a little bit differently, and it seems to be working. I've noticed when I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed with people in my life, and I've actually planned ahead as to how I handle it. I know for a fact that the...
- It's been an extremely tumultuous two years, or even more than that. My career as a teacher has been so incredibly stressful and barely doable. In Spring of 2019 I started taking classes in another field, and it's a good thing I did, because...
- I'm trying not to get triggered these days. I am very triggered by text chains, by news, by my friends constantly sending virus info. I can't leave the text thread because not everyone is on an iPhone. I had thought of being asked to be...
- I'm still working on boundaries. I was at my therapist today and we had a lot to talk about. One small, annoying thing happened earlier today. I had so much to go over with her I didn't even get to bring it up-it really wasn't a priority...