
Mars1212
Status:
Mood:
Ok
Offline
- I'm curious about peoples' opinions on psychological projection. Do you think it is possible to dislike something in someone without it being a reflection of something that you don't like about yourself, as in, 'you spot it you got it'? When I...
- I'm *trying* to date again. I made a couple of online accounts. I haven't had a date or a relationship for a while, but I'm learning what are my pet peeves and what are probably places where I need boundaries. It seems like a lot of people (in...
- I had applied to at least 20 paid interships for this summer. I was rejected for every single one. Another three rejection emails came this week. Studied really hard for some of the interviews. Was ghosted for one of them. The disappointment was...
- It seems like there is a sweet spot between communicating too much and hardly not enough. I'm discouraged, I've been ghosted 3-4 times now by people I was really interested in. (online) On the other hand, I've had a couple men who come across as...
- Just curious what people here think of online dating. It has been pretty meh for me. I usually do better IRL. I have found that recently trying to do dating online made my depression far worse. Seeing people leaving you on read, not...
- So yeah, like the title says, I was booted from a meetup. Hard to believe, I know, as meetups are mostly public, and anyone can go to them. I used to think back in the day, "I wonder if anyone has ever been kicked out of something like this. That...
- I had a really difficult decision to make. I'm in a Master's program to study technology, and am hoping to create a career building technologies, especially educational technologies. I am nearly done with the program and aim to graduate in fall. ...
- I'm coming to the realization that I don't have to respond to everything. Not every stimulus deserves a response. I don't have to drop everything because someone is having another crisis-again. I said no to a social invitation today because I just...
- Hi everyone,I don't have much specific to say, except that I've been busy doing intensive outpatient treatment for the past while. I really needed some focused help. Unfortunately the therapist quit in the middle of it, but that is OK, I feel...
- I was curious about what people might think of this social media post. I was upset that she put "family" and "friends" in quotes. Am I making too much of this? It's true that we spend less time together, things have changed. I quit our hiking...
- Have you ever had someone just not take the hint that you should not continue hanging out? I quit our monthly hiking group because she was being extremely negative and jealous. I still see her at some events, but I'm not going to continue to...
- I used to be a a pretty thriving support group, which did fall apart. I would spend time with some of the members in it. My family is pretty dysfunctional, so they helped me a lot in this regard. I recently got back in touch with one of the...
- I guess I don't think that much about the fact that I am diagnosed with PTSD and depression, mainly because symptoms of a lot of disorders can go into remission and then you forget about it. Well they have come back quite a bit these days.In my...
- What do you do when people won't take no for an answer. I am trying to get rid of abusive people in my life and they keep trying and trying and trying.I was in no contact with my family for eight years. Against everyone's advice I went and...
- Depression has gotten me in quite a stronghold, but I've been working hard in therapy. I didn't expect to be so emotional and crying so much the last time I went to therapy, but I did. I guess I am in the right place and should be there. I was...