Panic Attacks Support Group

A panic attack is a period of intense fear or discomfort, typically with an abrupt onset and usually lasting no more than thirty minutes. Symptoms include trembling, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, sweating, nausea, dizziness, hyperventilation, and sensations of choking or smothering. Panic attacks can be very sudden, appear to be unprovoked, and are often disabling.

1 Online
  • wvguy

Xanax saves me

I see several posts below mine regarding heart issues that may be related to panic attacks.  Yes, I have found myself in the ER due to what I was sure was a heart issue. I think anxiety and panic attacks or two different things. I have both. It was a panic attack in disguise that sent me to the ER for my heart.  Only, and I mean only, when I'm having a panic attack do I take a Xanax and it has...
  • Erica1982

Heart palpitations?

Hi everyone,                      I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder, and have delt with both for years. I recently started experiencing heart palpitations. My heart will go, one, two, three.... five, six, seven. I had an EKG done at my Physician's office and although my pulse was racing (I'm scared of Doctor's and medical issues are a...
  • vitz

Not sure.)

hi. One day I was drinking sat down on a couch and all of the sudden my heart starts to race about 120. I was freaking out for like 5 min until it when back to normal. Went to the ER they told me I'm healthy (weird). It's been 10 weeks now and just feel like crap since. feeling hot in my face, hard to breath, cold hands, chest pain, dry mouth, sometimes can't sleep at night. Went to urgent care...
  • britt06

Panic attacks

Hi all, I am new to this. Hoping this might help relieve some symptoms / stress I've been having. I started having panic attacks about two months ago, the first time I went to the ER. Ive been to the ER about 3 times since that thinking it's something more than a panic attack. The doctor has taken exrays, blood tests, ekg exc and have stated everything looks good. These attacks have become almost...
  • kat2017

panic disorder

Hi I'm new here.  I've been having panic attacks on and off since I was 15. Panic attack is truly terrifying.  People who have never experienced this never know how it feels like! When I get a panic attack, I get dizzy, numbness and tingling sensation in my legs and arms, chest/throat tightness, choking sensation, hot flashes, then I feel like I'm losing control of myself.  Even if I know it's...
  • Crazypants

When is Medication Necessary?

I just wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts on anxiety medication. I've really been struggling with my anxiety for a little over a month now. I've dealt with anxiety for years, but it's never been this bad. It lasts all day long, every single day. Some days are worse than others, some days my panic attacks gets so bad I can't even function. I have to call out of work, I can't eat, I can't...
  • franrebel

FEAR FEAR GO AWAY

PLEASE HELP.....HOW CAN I MAKE THIS FEAR OF EVERYTHING FOR NO REASON GO AWAY.....IT HAS CRIPPLED ME AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP IT. IT IS WITH ME FROM THE MOMENT I WAKE UP TIL I AM ABLE TO FALL ASLEEP.
  • CLL

Having a Panic Attack now

My husband started a new job two weeks ago.  Before he started, I was having panic attacks. He had been laid off for ten weeks. Now I'm fearful of that happening again. He is insisting I am irrational and that he's doing fine--even if he doesn't get emails daily from his new bosses (in fact, he overheard one on a conference call say he talks too much--didn't realize he was there--that was the...
  • Leslieg513

I've surrendered so many times...yet still can't c

I'm new to the group, but definitely not new to anxiety or panic attacks. I've dealt with this problem for over 20 years. I have had a long break from it...but it returns.  I swear I give up and let it in but it just won't stop.  I've read millions of articles, they all sound great...but I can't get the results they talk about. I suffer from a panic disorder. I have a panic attack about twice a...
  • RobertKnightRider

Tough Weekend

I had a pretty good week and felt like things were improving until Saturday night. I woke up around 4am and felt like I couldn't breathe, then I started getting the pins and needles and racy heart. Yesterday I felt drained and had chest pain. Praying for some relief today. So far so good.
  • Mullberrybush

Distorted

Hello, I wanted to join a support group because everyone I talk to about my very frequent panic attacks can only sympathize and not empathize. For me, it starts off with feeling disconnected from reality and I don't feel normal. I can never fully express the feeling, but I start to convince myself that there is something wrong with my brain and I'll have a stroke or have a seizure. This leads to...
  • LovelyRita

Morning Panic

Experiencing my daily morning panic attack. I may have to wait for the second train before I get on board. I don't like getting on the train in the middle of these attacks. It makes me even more uncomfortable cause I know my physical symptoms are something people can see. I can't hide my ticks and I can't stop my constant fidgeting but somehow tapping my fingers and hitting my chest are soothing...
  • acidwireheart

New discovery for beating anxiety/panic attacks

Saw this guy posting online on how he beat his anxiety and panic attacks and he said one of the signs of anxiety/panic attacks is dizziness. The dizziness will start it all causing you to feel an intense fear of passing out or dying or going crazy. He said just by being comfortable with being dizzy helped a lot in curing his panic attacks. I have experienced dizziness also during panic attacks...
  • ohm112616

The what if catasrophies...

Hi again. I posted something a few days ago about chest pain and panic. I am going to Cancun Mexico with my fiance in two weeks and am freaking out. Im still obsessing that the chest pains are my heart or something serious and now am afraid to fly in case something happens to me on the plane (heart attack or blood clot or something) mid air. I know this it not logical thinking and Im trying so...
  • The_scariest_part

I dont know what happened

so my family had friends over at my house and i was leaning on the counter so my butt was out a bit while i was on my phone. That was when my mums friends husband came to my side and hugged me so i was completely against him (chest to chest) and his hand was on my lower back so only his fingers touched my butt. I felt like i couldnt breathe and i dont know why. It wasnt like he was squeezing me...