Panic Attacks Support Group

A panic attack is a period of intense fear or discomfort, typically with an abrupt onset and usually lasting no more than thirty minutes. Symptoms include trembling, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, sweating, nausea, dizziness, hyperventilation, and sensations of choking or smothering. Panic attacks can be very sudden, appear to be unprovoked, and are often disabling.

3 Online
3 Online
  • Hello,I'm new to the forums and have a few questions related to Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg for panic attacks that have worsened since I've entered menopause. My main triggers are driving in bad traffic, being over-scheduled, work stress, and rushing. I've noticed my anxiety is worse during the week and less of a problem when I'm relaxing on the weekend.I took the medication as prescribed...
  • TheDreamer

Nightly Attacks

ive been having panic attacks right before falling asleep...they started two years ago after my ex abandoned me while I was pregnant...he was my only support...it was so devastating I'm still dealing with it now...recently I had another ex who just disappeared on me too even though he knew panick attacks are an issue for me and abandonment worsens it...I believe he did it to punish me for smthg I...
  • I know it is a little bit silly question but have a problem and didn't see a doctor and talk about it with anyone. When I am upset or face with an event that makes me feel unhappy or shocked, I suddenly start to feel so cold (even if when the weather is hot) and shake. I cannot control my shaking and cannot keep myself warm. Is this a panic attack?
  • OKAY here's my problem. My sister is my main security... but she HATES it.. she is very active and can't be tied down.. never answers the phone etc. She tries... but will never understand. My friend who is always a backup and typically is always around has become a great source of comfort. BUT... she is going away tomorrow for a MONTH to visit her son. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS... it's...
  • I think that I may be experiencing panic attacks and I am scared out of my mind. I went to the ER twice for heart palpitations, chest pain, trouble breathing, feeling like I was about to pass out, tingling on the left side of my face and left arm, and weakness. They took X-rays of my chest, blood work, and did an ultrasound of my heart not to mention many EKGs. They all came back perfectly...
  • Hi everyone:The panic attacks I have seem to be a bit different than a lot of other people. I call them panic attacks because that's what my doctor called them. He also used the term anxiety attacks, but I guess it's all semantics sometimes.The attacks I have are very painful. They don't make me want to run out of a room, or run away from people. It starts with a tightening in my chest, right in...
  • I recovered after 15 years of horror back when panic disorder was never heard of. I wasn't correctly diagnosed until it became a known illness around 1984. I was fortunate enough to find a local self help group Called Recovery International. They taught me a method that helped me get well in six months. I know administrate a Facebook group dedicated to teaching others this method. If you...
  • I am scared at times to leave the house. I have severe panic attacks, some are really strange. It feels as if I'm outside of my body. My doctor gave me xanax to help. Now I feel like a zombie. I'm so tired that I can't function. I'm depressed because i can never get out and even those rare times I do, I'm always anxious that my husband will be furious if I take too long and punish me when i...
  • Everyone's busy with father's day today. I called my son, my sister, a couple of friends, my therapist, a hot line---everyone gave me a little time. maybe i just need to writeI am in the process of selling my home. This is a good thing--I can't afford it, and I plan to move out of state closer to my son and granddaughter. I was down there this week looking at apartments.What is setting me off?...
  • I am in a work situation that is quickly deteriorating. I was in a meeting last week where a client and my boss were discussing doing something that I don't consider ethical. When I was in the meeting, right at the time this unethical situation was brought up, I felt shortness of breath, like someone was pushing down on my chest and my heartbeat was racing. Fortunately, my husband called me right...
  • I've gone through a rough patch over the last 5 months involving the loss of my job, and ever since then I've been a sufferer of extreme panic attacks. I noticed that they occur when I am alone on the train or when I am alone driving. I don't know if anyone has ever experienced this or if anyone has any idea how to stop this. It's really horrible and starting to affect my life. I used to be...
  • Okay, this will be quite lengthy so I appreciate anyone who reads it and thanks for any feedback you may have. Brief history: I'm 22 years old, Male, resident of United States. The panic attack I'll be sharing happened 5 days ago. I've had at least 2 panic attacks before, both of them around 7 years ago. They both involved cannabis. (Please read disclaimer before flagging)Okay, so. It's a Tuesday...
  • mistyrain02

Not sure what to do

I found out yesterday that my son has been lying to me for a year. He has been pretending to have a job, when he doesn't,and hiding panic attacks. He graduated from college this past Dec. with a degree in computer science. He has been living with us and was suppose to be working and paying the rest of his tuition while trying to find a computer science job.He has no money and no health insurance....
  • An hour into work it gets crazy busy, i work at a restaurant and i have a full blown panic attack. Cant breath, chest hurt so bad, dizzy and felt like i was going to throw up. I went in the bathroom to calm myself down ... It helped some but as soon as i went back out with all the people there i was a wreck. My chest kept hurting and i kept feeling dizzy. My agoraphobia hasnt acted up this bad in...
  • I have been on anti-depressants for 20 years. I had my first panic attack after being on Zoloft for a couple of years and they continued on and off through the years. They were pretty well controlled by Cymbalta and the occassional Xanax. This past summer my doctor switched me from Cymbalta to Brintellix. I either had withdrawal from Cymbalta or a reaction to Brintellix. My anxiety went through...