Panic Attacks Support Group

A panic attack is a period of intense fear or discomfort, typically with an abrupt onset and usually lasting no more than thirty minutes. Symptoms include trembling, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, sweating, nausea, dizziness, hyperventilation, and sensations of choking or smothering. Panic attacks can be very sudden, appear to be unprovoked, and are often disabling.

2 Online
2 Online
  • Hi - I'm also new here :-) I'm new to panic/anxiety so I am going to post everything that happened to me in the last 4 months as I don't understand what is happening to me and I am from an area where this is not a common issue. For some reason I had my first panic attack ever 4 months ago (happened a week or 2 after I strained a stomach/core/chest muscle during a sports exercise). It happened...
  • panicgirl

Hi all, I'm new to the site and just looking to chat with other people that understand what I'm going through. I first started having panic attacks when I was 15. I'm now 21 and am still struggling with anxiety and panic. I was on zoloft for awhile and it kept the anxiety and panic away but I felt like a total zombie so I went off of it. Now that I'm off, the panic is back. I also just started my...
  • jammeriw

Posting for relief

I have not posted in a while, but I occasionally stuffing from short but dramatic and intense panic attacks. I find myself suffering from one tonight and it's my hope that if I preoccupy my mind such as writing this post it will help ease my horrible symptoms that have just completely taken over my body this evening. That is, if I can get my hands to stop shakingI have it all. Throwing up,...
  • ClearDay1

Could Use Some Support

I have a history of anxiety and panic, and lately the panic attacks are unbearable.Why this keeps happening IDK. Nobody understands it.I could just really use some support because I know benzos are not a solution.Thanks very much.
  • bakerygirl727

New to this site

i have been dealing and suffering with panic attacks for about 20 years now. I was in a car accident and after that is when I started having panic attacks. I take medication , but only when I feel an attack coming on, since I started having the attacks, I'm claustrophobic . Can't ride in. Elevators . Have to take stairs. And driving can be hard sometimes to. The attacks I hate are the one's I...
  • SilentTeen

I need help

Okay so I'm a senior in high school right now but lately I seem to be having a lot of panic attacks. Panic attacks are something I've always struggled with but have been able to manage on my own pretty well. But this year I find myself having panic attacks all the time now, I'm constantly leaving the classroom now. I think it may have to do with my step-dad getting out of jail soon but that's not...
  • MSEF96

Non-Epileptic Seizures

Instead of me having panic attacks I have what is called Non-Epileptic Seizures. What triggers my seizures are children's high pitch noises, them talking and when people give other people attention. Professionals think I have these seizures because of my PTSD from being in a Russian orphanage when I was younger. I never got much attention from the care givers in the orphanage and there were...
  • jessejohnson12

Panic

i hate panic attack above been getting. Them more frequently now a days and I don't know how to help it
  • Honey603

Panic disorder

Hi there, I am a highschool senior whom unfortunately is suffering from a panic disorder. I was significantly better over the summer, but coming back to school has been steadily getting worse. Yesterday, I had a panic attack over leaving school and had to get a friend to walk me out because I couldn't stop shaking and hyperventilating. It's been a huge blow to my confidence since I was doing so...
  • inpeace

Prozact

I am growing and i am still going through puberty and the medication i was taking stop working so the only right thing to do is to go change them. I alwas told my self i would never take a Antidepressant but i realize that my anxiety has gotten much worse since last year so i cant really say that anymore.I heard Prozac is a really great drug when it comes to Anxiety i just want input if i made...
  • Nutra Burst is a liquid vitamin drink that includes B12 which helps those who are anemic and anxious.www.totallifechanges.com/mykstyle
  • Lately i'v been feeling a lot of stress, i'v been doing a lot of panic attacks. Last week i didn't do almost any panic attack... it was, i don't know i was feeling stressed out about not feeling stressed out. But yesterday night i went to the movies with my friend and usually i feel a lot of stress going out and in a car but i don't know this night everything went well. I was feeling a bit...
  • dammed

anxiety panic attacks

For anyone who suffers panic attacks and anxiety which make life harder to live and are looking for ways to cure it I found this website it involve praying for miracles I hope it helps http://www1.cbn.com/teachingsheets/can-i-be-healed
  • cherylzies

Help, please.

So. First off thanks to anyone who reads this. I stumbled on this support group tonight while Googling help. I've been on and off anxiety medications my whole adult life. I haven't taken anything for the last 2 years and I've just been trying to manage my anxiety (my poor husband) I've never received a diagnosis or anything, but am going for an appointment with my GP tomorrow and hope to self...
  • dancingwriter

Klonopin and Panic Attacks

Hello,I'm new to the forums and have a few questions related to Klonopin. I was prescribed 0.5 mg for panic attacks that have worsened since I've entered menopause. My main triggers are driving in bad traffic, being over-scheduled, work stress, and rushing. I've noticed my anxiety is worse during the week and less of a problem when I'm relaxing on the weekend.I took the medication as prescribed...