Panic Attacks Support Group

A panic attack is a period of intense fear or discomfort, typically with an abrupt onset and usually lasting no more than thirty minutes. Symptoms include trembling, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, sweating, nausea, dizziness, hyperventilation, and sensations of choking or smothering. Panic attacks can be very sudden, appear to be unprovoked, and are often disabling.

0 Online
  • juliaacke

I am a mess

i get panic attacks literally everyday and they suck and that's only because school starts in 2 days and I haven't done shit for my summer reading and I'm freaking out and crying. If this is just now god knows what I'm gonna be like during school. Message me for moral support thank you. 
  • mimosatea

Panic attacks without symptoms of fear/anxiety?

I've been feeling strange lately and have had two episodes of what seems to match up with panic attacks but I haven't had symptoms of fear or intense anxiety characteristic of panic attacks I've had in the past. Both times I kept losing track of my thoughts and was dissociating, which might have led to reduced sensory information, but I was wondering whether or not anyone else has had similar...
  • ladybug95

Panic disorder

Horrible panics, feel like I can't breathe, throat is tense, body shakes, dizziness and confusion and more and I don't know what to do about it.
  • My nightmares started around the time Nan got sick. They would always start the same way I was always running from someone or something and would always end with me falling off of something. I would wake up in a panic, sweating, shaking, hyperventilating, heart pounding and tears running down my face. The more Nans cancer progressed the more frequent the nightmares became it got so bad that i...
  • edr1961

MY PANIC ATTACK

Hello everyone living with panic attacks,the attacks are hard to figure out.I deal with anxiety/depression/panic attacks i am just weeding out what is what.I kept having chest pains off/on for awhile until last september my bp shot up,chest pain like searing and was sent out 911 went through all testing for heart evrything normal with cardiologist,and it happened a couple more times small...
  • richardwilliam

panic attack....cant sleep for long

Am with the US military and have seen alot of death and have lost alot of good pal and mate to one terrable death and another.....i cant turn in to the meds cause i may be relieve of duty or asked to stand down for some while...am asking for help here,i get really intense dreams and flashback of death,.....i tried yoga and meditation but dream came up again....i always wake with an intence shock...
  • beachshore

Zoloft

Has anyone been prescribed Zoloft for depression and anxiety?  Can you tell me how long it takes to be effectivel?
  • Alylove

My attacks

Most of my attacks happen at church. I feel overwhelmed by how awful I am and how I don't belong there.  I feel loved there but also so ashamed (my own thoughts, nothing my church does) it's hard and I feel so sad.
  • SMR

Hello

Hello! I am new to the group. Like all or most of you, I live with panice attacks. I have, thankfully, learned to do most of the things I want to do despite the attacks, but I have never been able to make them go away. I hate having them. No amount of experience seems to improve how terrible they feel. Whenever I have one, I also always feel so humilitated and wonder if people can tell there is...
  • beachshore

Prozac

Prozac just increased from 10 mg, on this for 2 weeks, to 20 mg for the last 3 days. Take Zyprexa too which that helped with the mania. I have been on 5 different meds to get stable. How long until the depression goes away with adding the Prozac?    
  • LookingForLightinTheDark

They Just Won't Stop

While at work today, I had another panic attack. Normally my attacks are at home and in private, but the last few days they've been in public. Luckily, where I work there is a stock room and I have a legitimate excuse to go back there (Usually I'm doing a task that needs to be handled within 24 hours) and so I can go back there while I work and freak out. No one at work has seen me have an...
  • Jsal32

Indigestion...er visit...panic attacks

Hello all first post here. So ive always had indigrstion issues im a bad eater n comes with terriotory. On saturday i ate a ahrimp cocktail tokk a nap for about 10 min woke up feeling really bloated...a few hours later threw up the coxktail....then bout 1 hour later i still wasnt feeling all that grrat bloated and sinus pressure i sat down and i felt like either pressure/doom feeling/tightness in...
  • NoSoReadyFreddy

Panic attack

I have been having daily panic attacks between 12-3 Any advise
  • Lovefromgracie

My first

My first panic attack was at my first concert (due to claustrophobia, which I found out I had then and there)(and btw we saw The 1975) I was enjoying it until the crowd pushed. Then, as my friend was jumping around and singing with the crowd, I stood silently. I couldn't breathe nor could I talk. I felt really warm and I was shaking. And, at first I didnt realize it but after a while, I was...
  • deleted_user

Screaming/wailing during panic attack

Hi!I'm new here. My name is Heather, I'm 25 years old, and I've suffered from panic attacks since I was a kid. Mostly off and on depending on how much stress I'm having, but I'm constantly plagued with the anxiety even if I'm not having a full-blown attack. Just started therapy and I'm also taking Elavil.Lately I've been having attacks more severe than ever (I've had a lot of major life...