Breakups & Divorce Support Group

Just broke up with someone or in the midst of a difficult divorce? Breaking up is difficult no matter what the circumstances are. They say that time heals all wounds, but sometimes a listening ear or a hug can work wonders for the heart. Whether you need a place to vent, someone to hold you to No Contact, or need advice about what to do, we're here to help.

4 Online
  • GingerAnne

I think i am going crazy

I have been with my husband since I was 19. (43 now). We have had ups and downs through the years but now that the kids are getting older and my health is improving  ( I have dysautonomia and fibromyalgia) it seemed that things were better. No things weren't hot and spicy of course but life was getting very calm and stable for the first time in a long time. Out of the blue my husband comes in...
  • K8tlyn820

No reason to go back there

Today I went back to our old place and got my things. It was hard, the anxiety leading up to it was difficult to sort through. I asked my sister to reach out to him to let him know I was coming and to please make sure anything that may be upsetting to me is put away and not easily seen. His response was that he wouldn't need to put anything away. Well, when I got there there was a local strip...
  • speechless1000

2nd Divorce

I'm currently separated from my 2nd husband & the sense of failure is pretty soul destroying.  I just wondered if anyone else was in the same position? TIA x
  • Bevalina

Seperation

My husband of 14 yr ..17yr together decided to text me 9 days ago to let me know he isn't happy and does not want to be at the family home anymore he is now at his mothers.I can't make any sense of it we were not fighting and we're planning a holiday for next yr with my 13 yr old son.It's hurting me so much that he is able to just get on as if nothing has happened while I'm a mess not knowing...
  • feliciaw382

After all these years

- In the beginning of the marriage, he never went around his family or had anything to do with them.  He never cared about celebrating Holidays, mother day, or birthdays.  -  I didn't pay it too much mind, but something in the back of my head didn't feel comfortable about the way he distant himself from his family- As years and years went by.  I started questioning, why don't I know any of...
  • loras123

Hi , I am new to this group. So badly needing encouragement. I was married 16yrs, one daughter,13. It all started going bad about 13 yes ago. Started with verbal abuse, awful name calling from him. I stayed, I wanted a happy family for my daughter. Beginning to see all the emotional abuse, then finally turned physically, shoving, choking, threatening. Still I stayed for my daughter. My self este...
  • wxwolf9

I ran...

I ran from my husband yesterday. He has become verbally and emotionally abusive...I couldn't take it anymore. So I took the pets and left.hes mad. And sad. It's heartbreaking:( I miss him, but I also miss me. Miss being happy.what should I do next? He doesn't know where I am. I went out of state to my mom. I'll be here a few weeks. What do I do next? How should I proceed? I'm not sure what I...
  • mirandac

Judging and goals

Why do people feel they need to judge you, where youare at, not healing fast enough for them, you should beAll recovered and now goal oriented. I am just trying toheal thats my goal for right now and get centered again.What gives with all of that? Their discomfort, true concern.Its the grieving and recovery process, its not linear andeveryone is different and there is no set timeline. It takes...
  • tabatha

Not strong enough

the one thing in life I feared the most came true. My parents are long gone ... I am the youngest of 4 siblings... no aunts and uncles left... no children ...so as you can see Being  49 the last thing I wanted was to be alone. I read it takes 3 years to get past a divorce I'm under a month and can barley get though a day. Is this the worst part? When will I feel better?
  • Lobo

She keeps calling

She's making sure that I know she's out with other guys, I want to block her I want to tell her she won't break me but the truth is that she's trying to break the broken. Some of my friends are telling me that I need to do the same thing she's doing, and a part of me wants to but I know it'll do no good. I'm frozen in time and I'm struggling to move forward.
  • Rjdh

I need support.... tough love

My divorce is a nightmare and I am struggling. I am concerned I am losing myself and hurting my children. I have been with my husband for 25 years, married for 18.  We have two teenage children. He left me 9 months ago and moved in with another woman and her small children. He sees our children 1 hour a month!! ,  but lives one town away.  I wanted him to come home to keep our family together...
  • ceaser

Confused .

My ex broke up with me about 2 months ago. We have been together for about 4 years. We where highschool sweethearts and dated all threw highschool with out braking up once. We fought a lot in the beginning  because we where immature and dident know how to treat one another but we learned and fixed most of it. We both had a lot of problems with our childhood with parents and parents did bad...
  • lily86

Day 6 of my new life.

After feeling like sh*t and then getting angry...I'm seeing things clearer now. I don't know if at last I learned something from my past relationships or the fact that this time I'm not looking for closure but accepting that what happened was out of my control. I'm so glad that I managed not to beg to take me back or anything of the sort. Anger actually did me a favor this time. Eventually I'll...
  • Lobo

Honesty is the best cure

It's been 7 days since my gf and I broke up, I let my anger get the better of me and I lied to her a lot. Within the 7 days I was homeless, shamed, yelled at, humiliated, starved and finally let go. Within the first two days of us separating she was already getting phone numbers, going on dates and has had sex with someone already. I want to be upset with her but I have no right... I have to live...
  • K8tlyn820

Some days are ok some days are bad

Didn't sleep well last night, and am not expecting much difference tonight. I've  been trying to be strong, and some days I have surprised myself by even  feeling okay.  Not today. Maybe it was the lack of sleep. Maybe it's my anxiety over it all, but today was not a good day. This week has felt like a ticking time bomb. I've known I need to go to our old place to get my things by the end of...