Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Support Group

Find support with others who have gone through a traumatic experience. Whether you have chronic or acute PTSD, we are here for you.

10 Online
  • Ally9190

Anniversary

My sexual assault anniversary is tomorrow and the flashbacks are all coming back and it is hard to tell my boyfriend or family members who know about it that I am having issues right now.... it will be two years tomorrow... any advice or thoughts anyone?
  • Leo

TW: flashing/he'd have gotten away with it

I was watching TV. As it happened, it was about a killing near my home area. Solved, btw. But it suddenly hit me---seeing the Old Home Places as backdrop and scenery for this show, all that pretty footage---FLASHback...TW (violence) To June 25, 1988. When Dad threw me into a wall so hard the light switch left a dent in my back and held me off the floor (I was 5-10 then, he was 6-2) and my toes...
  • Rizen

Walk a Day

I'm trying to exercise daily. I was doing fairly well until I sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago but now I'm getting back on the horse. Today I walked over a mile with my arm weights that are about 22lbs total. I was out of shape and it was hard on my arms. I also did my 30 situps. I'm also going to drink a lot of water and try to eat healthy. I do tend to have a sweet tooth but I'm cutting...
  • itsraining

Positive affirmation help

I need some help coming up with a positive affirmation to put beside my bed for when I wake up.I realized today that it's so hard for me to get out of bed in the mornings because morning was always a traumatic time when I was a kid. I would get yelled at and basically beaten out of bed a lot of the time. I need something I can see in the morning to remind me that it is safe and I do not need to...
  • Kathy1234

PTSD,

I guess ppl dont really want to talk. They say to write them and when you do you wait a couple days for an answer that never comes. Why do ppl do that? Do they just have to say something to be heard or what. If they are too busy why not tell you that instead of ignoring you.
  • Time2livelife

**** swearing

***** swearing warning ****i really feel shit right now. I feel everythings my fault and i cant let it go. It hurts so bad. Am laying crying writing this. I want to punch myself across the face till i knock myself out flat.FUCKKKKK!!!!!My head is torturing me. Shut up!!!!!Just fuck off. Please. Im beggin it to stop. Im not going to kill myself just make it stop but it does feel the only way right...
  • silverlight

Going To The ER

can't cope anymore...taking myself to the hospital....please pray for me that they are kind to me i'm so scared.
  • LillyPotter

not walking well today ...

should go in MS probably not here.  i noticed neuropathy is extra intense but it is being extar diff to walk todaynot a bone thing bc no pain but must have done too much lately and it is saying - not getting away with it :(hank is here so i'm not scared.  i'm deciding to not be scared.  TW it wants to feel like claustrophobia when this happens.i got up and got coffee earlier -knew i couldn't...
  • jewells1

Someehere only we know.... Calypso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mer6X7nOY_I am prepping through out the day creating paper snowflakes to hang around the ship. There I feel like the world is filled with wonder and friends that do understand. A beautiful boat created by us here at DS . At first we started the cruises with DarkGypsy's glitter sub. It swung the oceans and the universe. Equipped well by Scotty with warp drive....and...
  • Zoe

Haven't Been....

...a very good friend lately. I'm sorry. I am just having a really hard time with all these bars on the windows and cameras and security lights. I feel like I'm on display and that is not good with my PTSD. Then the air conditioner goes out....$8000 to repair or $8800 for a new one with a ten year warranty. But where to get the money? I only get a grand a month from disability. Just reinforces...
  • Time2livelife

Criminal punishment phase

Im going through a phase where i believe i should do a crime again like a threat to kill just so i can be arrested and sent to prision up to 10 yrs. so that i take my fathers punishment and punishment to myself for letting it go on and on. Im as bad as him. I wont do it, but thats the frame of mind im going through right now. Its hard. Crossed my mind i should just photo copy some the indecent...
  • Time2livelife

Want friends

I want more real life friends. Since i moved to this place i made one old work friend. We rarely see each other anymore and text fizzles down. I have 2 friends bk where i used to live but they are kinda toxic and i could do with getting rid in kindest way possible. I thought id look online. To see there any sites to meet local people. But nope.... they all about dating sites. Thats no use to...
  • Community Leadermujicaptsd

PTSD + Stress = sick

I posted last week about how shakey with PTSD I was coming to the end of the school year at the community college where I work.  For the last 2 weeks or so I had PTSD insomnia going on, which affects all of my other PTSD symptoms.  I still got through playing my part well in the Commencement ceremony last Saturday.  But on the following Tuesday, I got a massive head and chest cold like...
  • Time2livelife

Dreams

ever wake up from dreams and think wtf was all that about? I woke up during parts of it with fibro pain thinking wtf? Then went bk to sleep and it continued. The whole dream must have run on for well over 3 hrs. Its such random stuff i couldnt possibly get a meaning apart from slight threatened feeling. Weirdest dream ever. 
  • Ghostdancer

Memorial Day

Sending my thoughts to those brothers that made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom. I know as a living witness knowledge and memories are the tribute I can offer to all who served. To Ed who found the fight to return too much this past winter, your suffering was not for nothing. To those that served, salute and welcome home brother. Hopefully memories of battle fade and stop haunting troops that...