Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Support Group

Find support with others who have gone through a traumatic experience. Whether you have chronic or acute PTSD, we are here for you.

9 Online
  • Muskoka007

Having a difficult time

I am feeling overwhelmed right now.  My husband and I have been in marriage counselling with 2 different counsellors in 3 years.  As with the last he brings up he doesn't believe my abuse story that had emerged during one of our earlier sessions.  It had been hidden in my brain for almost 50 years so I have had a lot of adjustments dealing with these memories.My Mom did not believe me when I...
  • hawkhearts

BF's therapist told him to leave me?

(TW) I have ptsd from sexual and physical abuse by my ex boyfriend. This happened years ago but just last month I saw him because he promised to return something important to me and he raped me again. I didn't tell anyone, not even my current boyfriend (even though we're together long term and serious) because I was ashamed and didn't want to bother anyone.A week later I was involuntarily...
  • lovelilbeany

Hard to breathe

ive woken up struggling to breathe and its not stopped. My heart rate is low, my oxgen is low and my blood pressure is low. I dont want to be dramatic and call for help. Im due to see the dr in few hours anyway hopefully i can hold out till then. Usually my heart rate ect is very high due to anxiety but its very low right now. Trying to get up and moving to get it going but of course my blood...
  • TiredMama2017

New to the page

Hi everyoneI am joining this page for several reasons. 1) I am a entering the field of counseling (again) after a few years break and some burnout recovery time and I have a couple of classes I need to take to get licensed in my state. One of those classes requires me to be in an online support group. 2) I have a client who is only 4 years old and appears to be the victim of sexual assault. We...
  • freefalling

TW lots of questions.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has been assaulted at work by a client? Or if anyone has been held hostage? I guess I am asking because I really feel alone right now. I like this place, but I don't know if I belong. I don't want to cause someone harm or to accidently trigger anyone. I always worry about that now. I just feel lost and that I am not understood. I want so much for...
  • jewells1

. Music to make happy moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w316aA8ed8Moving right a long.  Muppets.California, NY and everywhere in between....we're in this together.Add as you wish.
  • Community Leadermujicaptsd

Looking for last place to land

I was born and raised in the USA until my missionary parents took me to where they served in a war zone in South America.  That made me bilingual and bicultural forever after that, in addition to giving me the gift of PTSD from age 9 when we all survived a carbombing in one of South America's funny, dirty little wars nobody up here every heard about.I made the most of that funny, dirty little...
  • LeftBehind1

Do I have PTSD?

I spent 20 years of my life with an alcoholic. He died of Cirrhosis at the age of 42. I was only 43. That was 2 years ago. The last 7 years before his death were absolute he'll. I worked 60 hours a week to try to support us while he drank his life away. We lived without running water or heat for the last 3 years of his life. I stayed not put of love but our of responsibility. Time passes I am...
  • Tngirl98

Dont know

So i kinda dont really know how to start off or what to post
  • lilmissy7

I'm having the worst day! scared-advice

I'm so upset. I'm on certain medications for all my many issues. One of my doctors recently left the practice I go to but set me up with a new doctor for in a month & a half. He left me w/ refills on my medications till then. When I called in the refill this Sunday the pharmacist said the doctor wasn't in the computer so he couldn't fill it. So I called Sunday because the desk & a few other...
  • minirini

I think I got raped more than once...TW

I just realized last night that I think I got raped twice by my ex after my first rape (ugh, how awful to say that), if we're going by the definition that rape is non-consensual sex and not by legal definitions.One incident involved BDSM, in which I agreed thinking that it was basically going to be light spanking or whatever, but he was aggressive with me, ordering me to do to him, slapping me,...
  • freefalling

Gosh oh Jee! Med high!!!

What happens when you increase a stimulant from 150 mg, to 300 mg??? HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAH You run around in circles! Jump in the air ... wave your arms around like you just don't care!!! Crap! I feel amazingly high. Good bad?!? Don't know? Kind of don't care? I got so much done today! I am super tired but my body feels like it needs to move around. Lalalaalala . Is this normal? 
  • FairyFire77

New

Hello, New here.. I have PTSD since i was a child... On the 21st I am going to a state that really stirred up my PTSD wore than before. I am really anxious about it but want to see my friend since she moved back. Anyone have any coping mechinsims to help deal with the PTSD?
  • A_Whole_New_Me_2017

Got attacked

I got attacked today by my rapist on my street. Covered in marks and scratches... in shock 
  • Rizen

Walk a Day

I'm trying to exercise daily. I was doing fairly well until I sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago but now I'm getting back on the horse. Today I walked over a mile with my arm weights that are about 22lbs total. I was out of shape and it was hard on my arms. I also did my 30 situps. I'm also going to drink a lot of water and try to eat healthy. I do tend to have a sweet tooth but I'm cutting...