Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Support Group

Find support with others who have gone through a traumatic experience. Whether you have chronic or acute PTSD, we are here for you.

1 Online
  • lessismore

I need her

Hi all! I'm new to the group. I need to find other adults who also have separation anxiety. I had separation anxiety from my parents when I was young. Then when I was 9 they sent me to overnight camp and it was the first time I was away from home and not with relatives. On that trip I had a very traumatic experience...I actually saw someone try to commit suicide. So that just reinforced the fact...
  • jennyoo7

In the throes

I am experiencing flashes of times in life, like every conversation has a word or theme that sends me into my head and I'm not a great listener or present with my family and friends. It's not one thing it's everything, all of the stuff. I'm tearful and can cry on the drop of the dime. My obsessive stuff is intensified and my knee jerk reactions have started, grasping to feel better. I spent a lot...
  • ArianaHope

My story

I need someone to talk to so this is my story...My mom abused me for 9 yrs of my life then she hung herself in our garage...I was made to eat oatmeal for 5 yrs straight breakfast and lunchMy life I was never allowed to be a kidEverything I did was wrongI went through punching kicking slapping and being strangledBeing told to just dieStuff like why did I get you..You're useless..You can't do...
  • 2_Stars_But_No_Light

1-800-273-8255

-Nov 15, 2017Attempted overdose (not successful)Found in a public bathroom unconscious not breathing.-Oct 28, 2017 Attempted jumping 20ft building (unsuccessful)Found with broken legs and hospitalized.-Dec 30, 2017Finally have life straightened and feeling great.-July 26, 2018“My kids would be much better without me”Unconscious from overdose (unsuccessful)Found on plane in Chicago...
  • Chanty

Please help I am experiencing flashbacks

Hi I am Chanty and I am new to this forum.I have recently separated from my husband who verbally abused me over the years and physically assaulted me over the past 6 months by choking me on numerous occasion and suffocating me with a pillow.Now, I have flashbacks of him choking me and I am making this 'girling' sound and cannot breath, many times of the day and I also have nightmares and I wake...
  • mjfan14

Triggered and Alone

I was triggered this afternoon and had a panic attack that I'm having a hard time shaking. My father died in my arms 3 and a half years ago from cancer and an old friend that used to hang out with my dad and I texted me this afternoon to say that he misses me and my dad and wishes that they were watching the game together. I felt hapiness at first since I haven't heard from him in months but it...
  • lilmissy7

I'm really sad today

I feel sad & defeated today 
  • Rizen

Walk a Day

I'm trying to exercise daily. I was doing fairly well until I sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago but now I'm getting back on the horse. Today I walked over a mile with my arm weights that are about 22lbs total. I was out of shape and it was hard on my arms. I also did my 30 situps. I'm also going to drink a lot of water and try to eat healthy. I do tend to have a sweet tooth but I'm cutting...
  • jennyoo7

I'm really sorry everyone

During my stress yesterday I posted very sensitive stuff on here without warning others. I've deleted it in an attempt to make it right but I'm really sorry for anyone I upset and will be more thoughtful next time. 
  • looney1

So tired of it

TW nearly 62 now. Done all the therapy and self help. Tried so hard to change everything wrong with me. Still have a miserable lonely life where I mother and soothe and support as many people as I can but have no one to help me. Taken for a fool consistently. Unconditional love and acceptance doesn't atttact the same. Just need to die now. Wish I knew how. 
  • mjfan14

Scared to keep going

I’ve been suffering from severe anxiety, depression, and panic attacks. I’ve even had a couple of nervous breakdowns. This has all been in the last couple of months.  I’m trying EMDR therapy on Saturday but I’m so scared that it’s not going to help and I can’t keep living like this. Can anyone share their experiences with EMDR? 
  • silverlight

"Sources"Of Support...

it has become increasingly clear to me that my only support systemis my pdoc/tdoc,and you guys..little to no support from my boyfriend whom i hardly even see,and my only friend,my best friend who lives 6 hours away has attachment disorder so she frequently disappears,stops calling..too scared to join a meet up,and don't know what denomination of church feel comfortable attending.i've never found...
  • silverlight

Triggered To Self Harm *TW*

As some of you know,my ED symptoms have been very bad for quite some time.i just had two pieces of haddock,and my body is struggling to accept them...super uncomfortable.*TW*Anyway,when i was taking them out of the oven,i accidently burned my finger. i know i should've ran cold water over it right away,but i got such a high off it...sick, i know.It also felt like the perfect *punishment* for...
  • mlr0853

Toxic Release Meditation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JivdU-qZHQA
  • Rizen

Not doing good

I haven't been doing well.  Last night I was up until 12 and woke up at 3 am.  Been really lonely and depressed.  Haven't been able to do anything creative for a long time.  There was a poetry meetup but it closed due to lack of attendence but I was too depressed to go most of the time.  Nothing's here for people my age except drinking.  Last week when my mom and I were on a drive we saw a...