Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.

1 Online
  • Luce

Please help false memories

Hi,I remember anxiously thinking worrying about something that haunted me throughout 2003/2007,now I'm pretty sure that I no what was running through my mind between them years!! But because of my current fear obbession 'have i killied someone in my past and forgotten' it seems to be connecting this current fear of mine to past memories where I remember having something on my mind and there for...
  • oddmanout

living with ocd family

I am new to the group.  I am a Mom with a spouse with severe OCD and now my teenage children are showing signs.  My husband has always joked about his OCD, but never takes it seriously.  It has caused the love to go out of our relationship.  I am always under scrutiny and now the children join in.  Any advice on getting him to see a therapist?  Is been 22 years and I don't think I can live...
  • gollyoly

Ocd & alcohol

My wife has contamination ocd and for years she has been drinking a lot . How does this affect these kind of people . If she is home she has a drink , and most times she makes herself two drinks at a time for some ocd reason. She has said that she needs them to try to settle herself . She also said she needs to pass out or her head will not let her sleep . Is this common for ocd people ? Does...
  • PanicMom

Does anyone have any advice??

Hello everyone.  I'm a single mother of a toddler,  with severe anxiety/ panic attacks/ocd (more on the obsessive side) with my demons directly focused on my daughter's safety,  or better phrased... My fears of an unrealistic inability to keep her safe.  I have a new therapist,  and I like her.  Short version... I have no safety net.  My therapist has suggested I try to find other single...
  • Hello all!I am looking for anyone with personal experience with scrupulosity. My boyfriend has a pretty severe case of scrupulosity that is only getting worse with time. I also have OCD (trichotillomania), but my OCD is so different from his that I'm at a total loss how to help.He has intrusive thoughts and spends a large part of his day praying/apologizing to God for these thoughts. I'm not...
  • Luce

False memories

it's that pressing need to know exactly what went through my mind all them years ago!! Some people may say it's not important in the present!! But to me it feels important because the impression that I have is because I killied someone,and that I was replaying what I done,in my head!!This is really what I reckon I was thinking about!! Is this ocd creating false memories to what I was thinking...
  • hp167525

Help me!!

hello, I'm Hannah. I have really bad OCD and a fear of death. I'm scared if I don't do a OCD ritual or process that something bad will happen. Have any of you overcome these thoughts and lived through it and been healthy? I'm just having a really hard time convincing myself that I don't have to do an OCD process. 
  • aspiringballerina

Counting

I've been working on this with my therapist but I wanted to come on here and see if anyone else has this problem. I have to count everything in 4's or 7's. The big issue is I HAVE to avoid the number between 5 and 7. I either count things with those numbers or tap/touch things in those numbers. Like I tap the door handle 7 times or blink 4 times. I've been working on it with my therapist but I...
  • RachelCheung

10 years with OCD

Hi I am new here and I have lived with OCD for ten years.My intrusive thoughts got worse and worse recently and have entered every aspect of my life.
  • sadnblue8251

not myself

Alot has happened over the last few months and to be honest I have not been myself. It all started back in november when this guy started to talk to me and wanting to hang out with me, we hit it off and had quite a bit to talk about. Well one thing led to another and we were hanging out quite a bit, and he would take me to hotels where I eventually ended up having sex with him. We dated for about...
  • summerbabe88

Intrusive thoughts

Hello!, I am a member of the anxiety group and posted a message about coming off my meds but I would like some opinions on a certain matter. I have suffered from intrusive thinking for 10 years. I was diagnosed with thought OCD/compulsions that I'll stop breathing.  Have any of you guys had luck with a certain medicine or other option? I am in therapy, practice meditation, and currently use a...
  • indie5

I really need help

I'm new here. I joined because I'm a freshman in high school with worsening OCD. I count the number of letters in words and string together phrases to try and get the numbers to add up to a certain number. At first it was any numbers but now I can only count in multiples of five. For the past month or so, I've had to count up to 25. Before that, it was 15. I can't stop doing it. It's...
  • kiaya301

Hello

Hi,  My name i Kia. I'm new to this group. I was diagnosed with OCD about 4 years ago, and was never truly given significant information on the topic. I believe I have the ordering and symmetry OCD. It's difficult to deal with, and some days I feel as though I have a great handle on it. Alternatively, there are days that I feel like I am unable to really grasp control. I'm hoping to perhaps...
  • ntensegirl

New to group, could use some advice

Hello,  I am new here...I wanted to explain my situation, see if anyone had any ideas on how to control it.  I only have my problem at night while I am going to bed trying to sleep.  If I have a digital clock in the room (that i can see) I will count the clock (for instance a 1 will have 2 strokes, a 2 has 5 strokes, and it always has to end on a down stroke so if there is 11:11 it would be 2...
  • arrowsmith

advice?

does anyone else hind it hard to talk to others when their OCD is gettng bad??? I know mymum would completly understand, but I just... can't talk to her, or anyone.help???