Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.

2 Online
  • aspiringballerina

Counting

I've been working on this with my therapist but I wanted to come on here and see if anyone else has this problem. I have to count everything in 4's or 7's. The big issue is I HAVE to avoid the number between 5 and 7. I either count things with those numbers or tap/touch things in those numbers. Like I tap the door handle 7 times or blink 4 times. I've been working on it with my therapist but I...
  • deleted_user

What's the best way to stop counting?

For some reason, when I was little I started counting things in set of seven. It went away for a while, but now it's back and it's really bad. Luckily, I don't have to repeat the things I do or do anything else that would take extra time. I just have to count every action I make, and if I finish doing something that doesn't end on seven, then I have to like tap something or something like that...
  • Dogluver

Ocd

I suffer from depression and anxiety but the real issue for me is ocd. This has been going on for years and I've never discussed it because I honestly didn't think anyone would understand, but I count constantly in my mind. I count syllables i make a star in my mind to count with. This drives me crazy and I've been on several medications but they only help with the depression not the OCD. Any...
  • ntensegirl

New to group, could use some advice

Hello,  I am new here...I wanted to explain my situation, see if anyone had any ideas on how to control it.  I only have my problem at night while I am going to bed trying to sleep.  If I have a digital clock in the room (that i can see) I will count the clock (for instance a 1 will have 2 strokes, a 2 has 5 strokes, and it always has to end on a down stroke so if there is 11:11 it would be 2...
  • brittney-murphy

New To the Group

Hi Everyone!! I've also just joined this group. I have the worst ocd i just posted my lastest ocd crisis and could use support, feedback, anything. THank you for yall! 
  • gollyoly

Ocd & alcohol

My wife has contamination ocd and for years she has been drinking a lot . How does this affect these kind of people . If she is home she has a drink , and most times she makes herself two drinks at a time for some ocd reason. She has said that she needs them to try to settle herself . She also said she needs to pass out or her head will not let her sleep . Is this common for ocd people ? Does...
  • arrowsmith

Teen Problem

Am I the only one that gets very obsesive over the people I like, I know I am young so obvioulsy gona have intense fellings, but I always feel like my feelings towards guys are a lot more than the rest of my friends. #feelingconfused
  • sarahe48

Help

hi... I am new to this, but this weekend I went for drinks with my work colleagues, I remember 98% of the night, there's is literally about 5 minutes I don't remember, for the past 6 days I have had this awful stomach wrenching feeling that I've cheated on my partner even though I know I haven't, it got so bad I asked everyone I met out that night and they have all reassured me I never done...
  • HappynessHappens

ocd advice

I first got OCD about 5 years ago. With therapy I learned to manage it. With new dresses I have had a relapse. At first I thought I could handle it but it quickly became too much for me. I am now on celexa. But I'm still having alot of struggles with the OCD and anxiety. Has anyone had a relapse who could tell me what to expect? I feel very discouraged and depressed. Any advice would be...
  • needingintimacy

suddenly gone?

Hi,I'm hoping someone can relate or share a similar experience -My 13 year old son is in an intensive outpatient program for OCD. In early January, seemingly out of nowhere, he became overwhelmed with anxiety. Within a week and a half, he became incapacitated with OCD and other symptoms - had to do and undo actions, walk in certain paths and directions to avoid tangling lines he saw that extended...
  • kiaya301

Hello

Hi,  My name i Kia. I'm new to this group. I was diagnosed with OCD about 4 years ago, and was never truly given significant information on the topic. I believe I have the ordering and symmetry OCD. It's difficult to deal with, and some days I feel as though I have a great handle on it. Alternatively, there are days that I feel like I am unable to really grasp control. I'm hoping to perhaps...
  • arrowsmith

advice?

does anyone else hind it hard to talk to others when their OCD is gettng bad??? I know mymum would completly understand, but I just... can't talk to her, or anyone.help???
  • ammxo9

HORRID SEXAUL THOUGHTS

I need to talk with people who have the AWFUL sexual THOUGHTS, PHRASES, FEELINGS, URGES, ETC. specifially the homosexual and sexuality ones, omg I am going crazy I need to leave I need this ocd hell to stop people please reply or message me and talk to me, reassure me, do something please !
  • deleted_user

How to help my OCD brother?

I am new - just found and joined today...so I posted the following in discussion and I realized there was an advice forum. Sorry about that. If you have any advise, I am separately in need of it:I am so scared...My younger brother has always had OCD-and earlier on his displays were hand-washing, germ fears, and repeating things in a ritual. Lately, things have taken a turn for the worse and I...
  • deleted_user

Having kids/OCD? Help

I am struggling with something and wondered if anyone was/has gone through something. I have been married for several years and have a wonderful husband who is very supportive, however, he is at the point where he wants to start a family. I am not sure how I feel about this. I am terrified because of my OCD, worried about medications, terrified I will do something wrong, etc. I know a lot of this...