Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.

4 Online
  • libralove93

Hi...

I'm struggling so bad with my OCD these days, it's unreal. Is anyone else really good at hiding their symptoms from everyone else? I swear my girlfriend has no idea half of what goes on in my head. But it's all in there... all the time... my mind never stops, never even slows down. I think I'm crazy sometimes. Anyway I'm new here and could use some friends going through the same thing. 
  • PixieDreadful

New poster...with questions.

Hi, new to the group! I have just realized I may have had OCD for most of my life. I get treated for anxiety and depression but never have realized, or even talked about, these other symptoms. I've had recurring and changing obsessions all my life. For years I was obsessed with thinking I was getting Schizophrenia, to the point of thinking I was hearing voices (I really wasn't). I thought about...
  • Lizawells53

Feeling desparate

I obsess about everything.  I think and rethink everything.  So glad to find people like me
  • luna96

Help please

Hi ladies I'm in need of some advice, please no hate comments..I'm 25 weeks pregnant..Back in December around the time I got pregnant I was assaulted by a guy I worked with, this occurred on the 17-18.. from what I remember my last period ended around or on December 14th..We did not have sex but he forced me to touch his erection, and he touched me through my clothing.. I cannot remember if he...
  • aspiringballerina

I cried

I did it. I hit 130 pounds. And then I cried. I cried because I hadn't weighed that much in 6 months. I cried because I felt so guilty for gaining weight. I cried because I felt ugly. I cried because I HATE who I am. I cried because they told me I would be happier if I gained weight and I'm not. I cried because I thought I had it under control but the thoughts came rushing back. I cried because I...
  • justkenz

I'm torn

I am 16 years old. I have not been diagnosed with OCD but I suspect I have it. I have to check light switches, water faucets, my alarm clock, and outlets. When I check them I sometimes count to a certain number. It's very frustrating and distressing knowing that everything is fine but not being able to stop it sometimes. My parents don't know. I don't want to tell them because I figure they will...
  • guavagroovo

OCD treatment

Has anyone been to any IOP or PHP/Day tx's for OCD in the US? What were your experiences? Need opinions.
  • lucas365

I need hel bad!!

Hi my name is Lucas and I'm a 15 yr old male. I have not been diagnosed with anything but I think I may have harm OCD. About 3 weeks ago I started getting depression, it got worse and worse. Then I got a disturbing thought of hurting or killing my mother, I have had anxiety attacks in the morning and the thoughts are compulsive all day long. I just want to be normal again!!
  • deleted_user

air typing/finger spelling

For the last 25 years, I've been typing out words with my fingers no matter where I am or what I'm doing, unless I am very busy doing something else. When I hear word or phrase, it seems to stick in my head and I will type it over and over with my fingers no matter where my hands are. On my lap, wrapped around my purse handle, holding my husband's hand. It sometimes keeps me awake at night...
  • ilyhannaahh

Ocd rituals

hello, has anyone here done ocd rituals and overcame them? I have a fear of death or something bad happening to me and it's becoming hard to do normal bodily functions. I want to know if anything bad happened to anyone if they stopped giving into the rituals. Please reply
  • xdrg

hey guys! i need some help!

so it's currently 4:00am where i am and i just woke up with major anxiety let me kinda explain my "story" growing up i was always an anxious person but it was never as bad as it's gotten. in 2015 i started getting "gay thoughts" i remember clearly watching the secret life of the american teenager and watching the mom come out as gay after YEARS of being married idk why it triggered me so much...
  • stacey1306

Rocd

so, this is a long story..when I was 16, I met the most amazing boy in the world. He was the first boy to make me feel confident, loved and happy. We fell in love and oh god, it was magical. I still think about the days when we used to walk around for hours talking, going to different places, telling eachover how much we love eachover and wanting to learn everything about eachover. I was in my...
  • therosepetalbeach

Intrusive thoughts about relationship

Hi! So, I'm almost 22 years old and I'm in my first real relationship with an amazing, loyal and understanding man for about an year and 3 months. I was always an obsessive, really anxious person. So, about a month ago, after a nightmare in which my boyfriend leaves me, I started having this intrusive and disturbing thoughts about how I don't love him anymore and that I will have to break up with...
  • hp167525

Help me!!

hello, I'm Hannah. I have really bad OCD and a fear of death. I'm scared if I don't do a OCD ritual or process that something bad will happen. Have any of you overcome these thoughts and lived through it and been healthy? I'm just having a really hard time convincing myself that I don't have to do an OCD process. 
  • K1986

In need of advice to help someone w/ scrupulosity

Hello all!I am looking for anyone with personal experience with scrupulosity. My boyfriend has a pretty severe case of scrupulosity that is only getting worse with time. I also have OCD (trichotillomania), but my OCD is so different from his that I'm at a total loss how to help.He has intrusive thoughts and spends a large part of his day praying/apologizing to God for these thoughts. I'm not...