Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.

1 Online
  • Sly

Luvox Tapering down...

Tapering off Luvox with Pdoc, went from 300 to 250mg. Holy S_it! I have been a basket case for a week. I have a lot of anxiety, very insecure. I also have Pure "O" OCD-S, I have OCD suicidal thoughts mixed with real ones, if I'm not better Monday, I'm going to talk to him. I feel like I'm going to jump out of my skin. I'm having uncontrollable crying urges. Very difficult for me to actually cry....
  • OCD

My Child has OCD

Hi I'm new here and I need help. My daughter is 16 and she has OCD. I need help finding the right medication. She has been on Wellbutrin, Luvox and Celexa. Her OCD is getting really bad. What medications work well for you? Please help!
  • ms1992

OCD?

My favorite number is now a fearful sign. It's like this my mind thinks of something negative and I see a 3 it means it's true... weird I know but very tiredsome, stressful, and draining 
  • karen2015

OCD and need support

Hello my name is Karen and I have OCD. Have had it for many years. I do have episodes that I can control but it has been quite difficult of late.  This whole year has been ot of control. I was let go from my job, had a car accident, my husbands brother just passed away from pancreatic cancer and just everyday life dealing with this disease.  My biggest fear in life is dying. I know I am going...
  • CalmSunshine

Rogers Hospital

Just wondering if anyone has ever been to an inpatient program and how it went...read some on it, saw some youtube videos and wasnt impressed really...not to mention the huge price tag of 30G a month and then often ppl regress when home in their own environment where the triggers actually are...think what a ripoff to charge for ppl hurting so much, for any reason...wish there was a natual way, a...
  • Liz65

frustrated

Hi I am 51 years old with O.C.D. My problem is lately that I have been obsessed about whether I go to the bathroom  and if I can not, then I start taking stools softner, prunes or lax. I do not know what is going on with me, besides I feel like I am going crazy. It's like if I do not go to the bathroom,  something is wrong with me. My systems changed with my stools. I am so sorry to bother...
  • i just dont know where these pop in images come from.  i dont understand.  i feel like there is something wrong with me.  they pop in at random times, and they usually involve a terrible fear of mine.  and sometimes i just dont know if its true or not.  if you have ocd about your daily tasks, its rough because you have to face those tasks to get through the day, like taking a shower, making...
  • sunshine101

Worried sick

My OCD has been horrible for the past week. Germs and contamination is overpowering. After Dr. appt. today I decide to stop by the store. End up making friendly small talk with a lady there. She wanted to give me her card for the home business she had so we ended up sitting and chatting for a half hour. So at that time after much personal talk she confides in me that she's HIV positive. Well,...
  • PaleOxymoron

I just joined.

This is a brand new account.  I just joined this group.  I have obsessive-compulsive disorder.  I am a 26-year-old single mother.
  • hi, im new here, i hope everyone is feeling okay thought i know it is so hard since ocd feels like a monster.i just want to know how others cope with intrusive thoughts and fears when they feel so defeated.  some days i can cope just a teeny bit better but then there are those days where youll just be chilling out and an intrusive thought/image something you fear so much pops in your head and...
  • New to this site and see only 2 month old posts...guess ocd does really take up too much of our time!  So sad...I was so angry in learning thats what I had, that it had come out so severely with some negative life events...had to accept it first and then daily try for selfcompassion and love and kindness to myself...try to eat, do daily chores, try to talk to ppl, to keep looking for help or...
  • jcamps

Has anyone experienced this before

Hi everyone, I just wanted to get some insight and see if anyone else has been feeling this way. I have OCD. I constantly shower and wash my hands. I noticed my hands and face are very dry now. Has anyone experienced this before and what have you done to relief the impulses of washing and showering. Thank you, J 
  • jennypenny6000

Effecting My Relationships

My "hangups" as I call them have really started to affect my relationships. I can hardly stand to be around my mother anymore. I just get so caught up on these little behaviors that people do and I just freak out. These "small" things that don't bother anyone else are really big issues for me. My family and friends laugh at me for it and I'm always just so embarrassed. 
  • My husband is a compulsive liar. He will tell a lie when the truth is actually a better option. He steals our family money to stall bill collectors when telling the truth would permit us to review options and make joint decisions. This has caused him to steal from my personal savings, our son's savings and even writing checks against my IRA and depleating it completely without my knowledge. I...
  • Silvy

Weird OCD Issue

I've only talked about this with a therapist and my husband, but I have reoccurring thoughts about pregnancy. You know how some/if not most women want to get pregnant, get upset if they don't conceived quickly or at all, etc.? I am completely the opposite. I'm 36 years old and am terrified of pregnancy, giving birth, and having a kid, and my husband and I consider ourselves to be a...