Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.

1 Online
1 Online
  • Does anybody else have a random but specific and persistent feeling that something will happen in a determined moment or circumstance of their lifes?For some reason, for the las couple of years I have been suspicious that I will die at age of 27... I don't know why... I just "know".It's hard because I'm already in college... I keep studying a career but sometimes I feel like giving it up because...
  • silverlight

OCD And Paranoia....

hi....i was just wondering,does anyone else here have ocd which triggers paranoia? i have 90% pure obsessional ocd,and often i will find myself obsessed with something that turns into paranoia,and i really have to be strong to reality-check,or just wait until it passes...i used to be so afraid i was suffering from pyschosis,(an ocd fear in itself a whole lot of times),but i have been assured by...
  • Hello Friends, Lately I have a compulsion of staring at peoples private parts mostly girls, and I am a girl. I am not into girls and I dont stare because I want to check them out it is just a way for me to avoid eye contact and it is part of my social anxiety. Its horrible its been happening for a month and I feel very uncomftrable and i Know that I have made some people uncomftrable. I feel so...
  • Sly

A War in my head

I am 46 years old and have been diagnosed with OCD and Tourette's Syndrome. My Tourette's onset was at age 7. I did not start treatment for it until I was 20. I am a master at disguising and suppressing tics in public. I supress, but I have to vent them when I am alone, if you were to walk into my house when nobody but me is there and listen for a few minutes, you would think Satan lives there!...
  • justbreathing39

Help.

Hi. I'm Kylie and I'm 13 years old. I struggle with OCD, anxiety and depression, and it takes over my life. I was bullied in elementary school and had some fights with friends at school. Once the summer came around, they all kind of left. I had no one to talk to but my parents, and at first I was scared to do so. I felt lonely and had way too much time to think. I ended up spending a year and a...
  • I'm on Celexa currently for my ocd and it's not working. I was on Luvox in the past but had to stop it because of side effects. Does anyone have any suggestions for an ocd med that works?
  • Stacysushi

Help.

Hello. I am a 30 yo woman who is married to a wonderful man. I've never doubted for a second that he is the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. When I was younger, as in 7-12, I suffered alot from OCD. Alot of the things I would do would be if I felt like I stepped on something wrong or touched something that didn't feel right I would have to go back and redo it or else I thought...
  • MissMusicBunny

About Me

Hello. I'm a 17 year old girl whose been struggling a long time with OCD, given the fact that I'm also an incredibly anxious person does not help the fact of avoiding compulsions.In the morning I linger on getting out of bed because I know that just getting dressed and washing up will be a ridiculously long challenge with unnecessary steps, but I get so tense and worked up that if I don't follow...
  • Giacomo

Lifetime of OCD

Hello everyone. I noticed that there are a lot of younger folks on this blog, so I thought I would give a bit of encouragement about living with OCD, which I have my whole life. I am 48, have a family, and a lawyer; and despite suffering from OCD for decades, I have learned a lot of tools to keep it in check. Although I still struggle periodically, I am relatively happy, particularly compared...
  • Addie

My family

My family does not understand me. They assume that when I don't want to be touched that means I'm being ridiculous and rude. I don't like being hugged but when my sisters say" hug me," and I don't they say " that's how I know u don't love me," and I can't bear for them to say that so I hug them, and I know it sounds bad but I feel like vomiting and taking a hot shower. And I absoutly hate when...
  • Community LeaderWanderingVet

Good news!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/07/30/new-study-suggests-brain-glitch-may-cause-ocd.html
  • Sarah.in.repair

My hair

I have pretty thick, curly hair which I like even only once I've made it go the way I want but I struggle every morning with my hair to the point waking up is an issue because I don't want to accept the reality of how messy and big my hair gets. It makes me cry and want to shave my head when I look in the mirror. I used to have an actual addiction to cutting my hair. It's more than just hair I...
  • ocdgirl

Need a friend

I'm really, really struggling. I could use somebody to talk to.
  • well here i go anyway....i'm sorry to be repetitive and probably annoying because i am,but i could use some support..this ocd spike is just getting worse..i am so discouraged,when i first went on Latuda about..7? months ago,it was like magic...it worked so well.but now,just like all the other meds i've ever been on it has stopped working quite obviously...does some of this have to do with the...
  • waking up?I think I'm headed for a nervous breakdown. I keep getting bombarded with these horrible thoughts in my sleep, each seems worse than the last. I feel as though they are very real and on the off chance that it actually is OCD, I doubt I can continue like this day in and day out. It's exposure for me to even type part of these so bear with me, but what I "see" or "think" in my dreams have...