Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Support Group

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is a psychiatric disorder, more specifically, an anxiety disorder. OCD is manifested in a variety of forms, but is most commonly characterized by a subject's obsessive (repetitive, distressing, intrusive) thoughts and related compulsions (tasks or rituals) which attempt to neutralize the obsessions.

1 Online
  • aspiringballerina

Paralyzing OCD?

Hi I'm new to this group. I have had OCD for as long as I can remember. I'm on medication and have been doing well, but recently I've come across some new issues. My OCD will go into overdrive and my mind and body will just kinda shut off. I end up being stuck unable to move for sometimes hours, as if I am paralyzed. It's incredibly scary because I have no control over my mind in these moments,...
  • Sly

Meds have taken my intrusive thoughts away...

Do I still need to go through ERP? Ted
  • Sly

Med change, amazing results.

I have Pure "O" harm. I switched from Klonopin to plain Diazepam. The intrusive thoughts have improved 90%. I am also coming off of Luvox very slowly, 25mg every 2 weeks. Started at 300, now at 175 for one more week, then down to 150. I'm feeling better as I come off the Luvox, not sure I want all of the way off of it or not. I'm doing alot better. Ted
  • Orangey123

Traveling

I went overseas. 8 hrs different time zoneThe culture was dramatically different. I've been home 4 days and still have anxiety since being home. All I think of is being there every minute. I asked the others I travelled with if they do. They said it was life changing but they've moved on. Does having ocd make it hard to move on?  I feel I'll never be able to travel
  • Alfie

Not sure where to go

my wife struggles with intrusive thoughts OCD. The thoughts are very scary to her and very real. I have tried to be encouraging to her and read about different stories, articles, and techniques to help her but found I am at wits end and can't seem to reach her. Yesterday everything came to a head. I just got off work and was exhausted I had an unpleasant conversation after work about student loan...
  • Bella12

I don't know if i belong here but i am just notici

that I can have a fixation about the curtains being opened and they all look uniform.  So wierd.  I only look in the morning once to see if they are all open and look the same.  So weird. Just wondered if anyone else has small compulsions that seem like this one.  I don't like the towel messed up either.  I want it to hang straight and no being messed up.  That is only once in a while i...
  • deleted_user

negative unwanted thoughts about relationship

For the past few months I have had these negative thoughts about my relationship. They completely overwhelm me to the point where i cant think of anything else. Have been with my partner for 10 years and cant imagine and dont want to live without him. My mind keeps telling me you dont love him, but complete honesty I know that it is not true. I want to spend the rest of my life with him, but...
  • enchantedteapot

Hyper responsibilty

Hi, I struggle so much with hyper responsibitly with my OCD, I almost feel like im cursed, like If anything bad happens to anyone it was somehow my fault. I can't talk to anyone about it because when I say it outloud I know how irrational and crazy it sounds but my mind convinces me that im the reason that this bad thing happened to somone and that im in control and its driving me crazy, i feel...
  • Evie13

OCD ABOUT PLUMBING

Does anyone else have anxiety about plumbing leaks or plumbing problems in their house?  I have OCD about washing hands and showering and I have only one bath/shower in my house.  I obsess that it's going to leak suddenly and I won't be able to shower when I need to.  Then when I do have a leak or something a plumber needs to come and fix, I obsess they will either not be able to fix it the...
  • shan4

Hocd

is it normal to lose the feeling of panic and feel emotionally numb. Like I feel as if I have emotions but just not to the thoughts which scares me a lot even though i have no sense of me being scared. This has happened so many times, is if normal? Thanks 
  • 7years04

Ocd and marriage

I'm posting this as I feel I need to tell anyone out there who might take a small something away from this tiny effort of writing...I've been with my husband for 7 years. We have now finially separated. I'm heart broken but I can't live this life anymore. I'm not his wife I'm his therapist. But I totally love him so very much. He doesn't truely realise this I'm sure. I've been begging him for...
  • clooo21

Literally losing my mind.. thinking false memories

hey guys,i went to the bar the other night with some friends and met some people (guys) i drank but i remember the night clearly. i know 100000000% i did not do anything bad with anyone but for some reason keep having pertruding thoughts that i cheated on my boyfriend. is this a common OCD thing? i know and can recite the night that nothing happened so why is this happening and why cant i just...
  • shan4

Hocd

hi I posted yesterday and I was scared as hell so i started to search again then I truer abitnof calming my anxiety down and it worked and I tried to accept the thought but now by doing that this morning I woke up and all I can here was " you're gay yeh you are gay and you're coming out" I then panicked but didn't panic a lot and I felt my thoughts were going to say more: I doesn't make sense has...
  • shan4

Ocd thoughts changed

Hi I'm a female girl who a little bit scared and confused. I know something's wrong but I don't know anymore. I thought I had hocd but the thoughts have changed. Over 8 months I've suffered with this plus other OCD thoughts, but these ones stick to me the most. I recently became so obsessed with checking I would go to anything for reassurance. I was always I worried if I was gay everyday and it...
  • ksf

getting better w/o ssri

I just wanted to share my horrific journey I am going through with my nine year old daughter and her ocd.  Her obssesive thoughts started in July of last year and cointinued through September.  She was also crying alot, being defiant and was very slow at everthying she did (getting ready for school, making decisions, homeowork).  I thought maybe she was going through hormone changes.  I had...