Long Distance Relationships (LDR) Support Group

This community is a place where you can share your long distance challenges and triumphs, vent, give long distance tips and ideas, or just get support from people like you who are going through the same thing. Whether you live a couple hours away or a couple continents away, the specific challenges that face a long distance relationship are unique and difficult.

0 Online
  • Ldr7203

Needing some advice

Hello all,My boyfriend and I have been together for a little more than a year. Our situation has recently become quite complex, as if being a continent apart wasn't enough of a challenge. He was injured in a different country and before this injury it had been over 6 months since we had seen each other. This last time we saw each other we were unable to be physically intimate due to the inury,...
  • nialovesp

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Hello everyone! My name is Nia & I have been in an LDR for about 7 months. It's fairly fresh but we are very invested in one another. This really is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. We live fairly close to one another. I'm in Northern California and my boyfriend is in Nevada. Although, we will soon have to be separated for 3-4 months. Instead of our usual once a month visits....
  • mariaafernandez_

I would be glad to help

Hi everyone, wish someone reads it.I am currently on a LDR (Spain-Canada) and despite we have our ups and downs, i am proud to say that we are doing well.So, for those people that need help or an advise and because I know that you feel misunderstood, I am here to help you.You can contact me by DM on instagram (mariaafernandez_) or by here.And, of course, if yoy want to know more about us, follow...
  • throughthickandthin

not your typical LDR

HeySo my boyfriend has been in jail for a month and a half now.. my anxiety has been off the charts. I've been trying to keep busy however I feel like I'm just getting more and more depressed. I don't do much with my days off anymore and the majority of my free time is spent focusing on him. I almost feel bad if I go and do things with friends even though he encourages me to. He doesn't want me...
  • allygator94

I want to keep us going but he doesn't try

So.. long story short, I am in New Zealand and my guy is studying in Singapore. We rarely talk now because he says he is stressed with school. Whenever we talk, he complains about his modules and tells me about his upcoming exams and the assignments he currently is working on. I don't talk to him about my work problems cause he gets even more stressed since he thinks that he needs to comfort me...
  • martyw1087

Looking for advice

Hi I'm new to this forum. I think it is great that my girlfriend found this because talking to people going through the same situation we are in is what we need because nobody really understands feelings of a long distance relationship unless you are in one or have been in one. My girlfriend and I have been talking for a little over a year and she lives in Michigan and I live in Louisiana. We...
  • peebee123

How long before it's "official"

I will try and keep this short!So I met a guy online 7 months ago. We clicked straight away and decided to meet in person. 3 months into it and he told me he loved me. We were crazy about each other talking on the phone constantly and texting everyday. We spend as many weekends as we can together and always get on so well. We even sort of discussed the future if I would ever move from home...
  • nofil69

what have I done

I just finnished chatting with my gf in Sweden... after we argued she told her bf she's living with about me and her so now she is homeless... she is gonna work at one of the refugee camps to get food and maybe a place to stay... this is my fault... if anything happens to her I will truelly die... Im in America I cant do anything
  • Vika

Sharing my story ...

Hello everyone ... My girlfriend lives in Northern Germany and I live in Southern Italy. We met in september 2015, she was an exchange student in my school for 3 months ... We have become very close friends and after that on our thirs meeting in June 2016 we fell in love with each other. We spent the most beautiful 2 weeks of our life together, but after that we had to wait for 6 months to meet...
  • elon.sweetsko

Bad news

Hey I'm new to this.. I was just in a moment of need to talk to someone. Me and my boyfriend have been in ldr for 9 months now.. we had planned for him to come work in my island for the summer and just yesterday he got a job offer somewhere else and today told me he accepted it . May I say it sucks it really does cause we have been planing this since Christmas. And the worst thing is I'm moving...
  • loonyluna

Introduction Post

Hello there. I'm new to this site and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Florida and met my BF while he was living here for school.  He was here for the first 2 years of a Med School program and after dating for 6 months he moved to PA for the next two years for school.  He has been in PA since May of 2016, and in May 2018 we will find out where he goes next (for 4 years).   I'm hoping...
  • kelseycapozzo

Looking for support

i recently visited my bf he's in Louisiana and i'm in Michigan. we've been together for a year and have been thru everything together and are extremely close. after leaving him this past weekend i have felt a numb feeling, i have no emotion towards anyone or anything and i feel lost everyday.  has anyone ever dealt with a feeling of numbness or the pain and how do you cope with it or at least...
  • Make2216

How do I get through it

My fiance is in jail, I know that's not really long distance like many. But I don't get to see him for the next 4 1/2 months, only get to talk to him a couple minutes a day, and I won't be able to hold him for that long. We have been together for over 3 years and we are joined at the hip. We eat, sleep, work, ect. together, it's always been that way for us since I moved in 2 1/2 tears ago. Do him...
  • Saffyh

long distance paranoia...

Hey guys! I'm new to this, but felt I needed the support. So here's the story; I met a guy online, I live in new south wales Australia and he lives in the illinios in the states. His profile originally said sydney, he explained he was working in Sydney for a pharmaceutical company focusing on eye care (it checked out) and that he was just visiting in family. Then when he was due to fly back,...
  • nofil69

things are not working out

my relationship with a girl I know in Sweden is I think over... heres what happenedwe met 2 years ago and quickly fell in love... the thing is... she has a bf of 20 plus years... we reacently had an arguement with me saying Im trying by doing what I can to be with her but she is still with that guy with no plans or anything that shows she wants to leave... saying she does is not enough...so...