Long Distance Relationships (LDR) Support Group

This community is a place where you can share your long distance challenges and triumphs, vent, give long distance tips and ideas, or just get support from people like you who are going through the same thing. Whether you live a couple hours away or a couple continents away, the specific challenges that face a long distance relationship are unique and difficult.

0 Online
0 Online
  • 221B

Time running out

I have three weekends left with my bf before he moves even farther away than he already is, and it's really making me think. Last weekend, he instagted "the talk" about if we're going to really do this LDR thing, with me moving in with him next summer. I told him we both need to take a couple weeks to really think this out, so no decisions were made that day, but he seems to want to do it. I'm...
  • AmyB

My First Post

I had to say goodbye to my boyfriend at the airport today, he has left to go to the UK. We've been dating for a year and a half, he is my absolute world, my strength on a daily basis and my best friend through everything. I'll be seeing him in 3 months as I am going to visit him in December, I can't wait as this is what is going to keep me going until I see him again. My biggest concern is that I...
  • Musicluvr951

College

So my boyfriend left two weeks ago to go to college about 31 hour drive. And i trust him but prior relationships have made it hard to trust 100% we have been together for almost 3 years and has never done anything untrustworthy. But with the distance and him being in college I over think every situation no matter how small. Which stresses me out and makes it hard for me to have a normal life...
  • cjackstarr16

My first post

Hi! My boyfriend and I have known eachother since highschool, so a little over 5 years. He is a corporal in the marines and we went on our first date a few days before he left for deployment. We ended up dating the whole time he was deployed, about 7 months, and he finally got leave two weeks ago. I had to drop him back off the ariport yesterday and I am a complete mess. We are doing great in a...
  • msak9001

Unique situation

I feel bad even writing in this forum since my boyfriend will be back after 4 months and won't leave again but I needed somewhere to turn. My boyfriend left two months ago for work and when he left I thought I was okay but as time went by it seemed to move slower, and slower. I'm becoming more emotional as each week goes by. We have very limited contact as he doesn't have Internet or cellphone...
  • *** Really long story***So my boyfriend and I have been dating for over 7 months now. We met through a mutral friend, and we started out texting, then Skyping. We are both 16 and we're both a Junior in High school. He's in Navada and I'm in Texas, so we've never met face to face. Anyways, we we're both homeschooled, so we spent all day, every day together, but now he has to go back to public...
  • leinespinosa

New to LDR HELP !!

So I met my boyfriend over a dating website about 2 months ago he's lives in Ireland but works in Iraq I live in New York , when we first met toe months ago he talked to me non stop he couldn't get enough of me we would FaceTime all the time or text , he came to visit me and we fell head over heels in love for each other , now he's back in Iraq and his work schedule has changed he work 13 hours 7...
  • bdixonladdy

CONFUSED

I've been in a LDR for 483 1 yr and 3 months. And it hasn't been the easiest this is my first LDR. We finally meet a year into our relationship and i stayed down there for awhile. And he is great. But in all honesty i'm very Negative. And I personally thought things were great when i came back home 14 days in to being back home, I always say whats whats on my mind i never think before i speak i...
  • Hello, I am new to this group, and any support group in general. I live in New York, going to graduate school, getting my masters in social work (so I am normally the one listening to problems, not telling my own), my fianc is in the Army, currently stationed in Alaska. I know things could be worse, he could be deployed. But I really wanted to reach out now. He was recently home on leave, and...
  • About me:My names Matt, I'm 20 and I'm dyslexic under review for autism/Aspergers, which they think it's highly likely that I have one and I have really bad social anxiety. I find it hard to think of things to talk about to people and how to respond to someone talking to me. I find it easiest to talk to people when I'm not face to face, texting is the easiest then chatting voice to voice is...
  • I'm lucky that I get to see my boyfriend a couple of time a month. When we're together, he's a fantastic boyfriend - super loving, considerate, affectionate, the works. When we're apart tho it's like he's a different person. I don't hear anything from him until the very end of the day before he goes to bed (unless I text him first, but his texts are always so short), he doesn't ask about me or my...
  • Long story short, our time is being limited thanks to her job. I am proud of her for getting a job butit is cutting in on our time honestly. (She lives in UK while I live in PH) Now I thought about a solution but it requires me to wake very early in the morning like 3 am or 2 am (and personally I don't mind that) .I can't really go through a day without talking to her because she really means...
  • gypsylee89

VA to WY

Hey everyone! I’m just looking for some advice. I’ll try to keep my story clear and concise.I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend. I live in Virginia and my boyfriend moved from Florida to go to school in VA. We’ve been together about 1 and a half years. After he graduated in May, he left to work in Wyoming until October (so about 5 months). I was pretty upset...
  • 221B

Seriously?

Right now I live only a few hours away from my BF, so we get to see each other almost every weekend (friday night to sunday night), but in another month he's moving to another state. So with only 4 or 5 weeks left, it would make sense to try and cram in as much time together as possible, right?? Well, the last weekend of this month he says he can't hang out because he's got a friend coming in...
  • Hi, my girlfriend and I are in a LDR where I live in America and she lives in Australia. We have been in a LDR since January 2, 2016 and love eachother more than anything, but sometimes the distance and time difference is unbearable and heartbreaking. It gets us into arguments and makes us not want to do it anymore but we still love eachother and want to get through all the hard times, more like...