Long Distance Relationships (LDR) Support Group

This community is a place where you can share your long distance challenges and triumphs, vent, give long distance tips and ideas, or just get support from people like you who are going through the same thing. Whether you live a couple hours away or a couple continents away, the specific challenges that face a long distance relationship are unique and difficult.

1 Online
1 Online
  • oceansaway1

New to this...

Hi there,I've joined in hopes to find some people to relate with, because I feel that not many people understand what I go through. I am a US native, and my boyfriend of a year and a half is from the UK. We met at a job in my hometown and have been long distance dating ever since. We've spent the last 3 months together and he has just left to go back home, and I will not see him until the...
  • Dop

Need some advice

Hi guys, I'm new here... I just go straight to the point. I have a question. I have a bf but i haven't seen him yet we just chat and now we have this situation that we need to face. He's in the army so there wont be communication for 2 to 3 years... my question is... wud u still be willing to wait for someone u havent seen? Are u gonna wait that long? If you were on my shoes what will u do? I...
  • lj10075

numbness?

ive been in a long distance relationship with my bf for over a year now and recently ive felt we've drifted apart. my depression and anxiety has become worse and rn im going through a really bad emotional numbness. i dont feel anything for anyone. and the worst part is feeling like i dont love him bc i know i love him with all my heart. i just want to feel love for him again how do i get rid of...
  • I am 54 years older, about 1 monthy ago, throught oldermendatingyoungerwomen.com review site, register at agematch.com. And I have meet a younger girl. We have we have the same opinions and the same tastes, but we have a big age gap. Who can tell me, how can i to deal with age gap relationship?
  • TurningMountain

Need advice

Hi, I need some help and advice on having anxiety when my boyfriend texts me and talks to me after being away for awhile. So he's in Nevada and I'm in Texas and we're both juniors. I'm homeschooled and he goes to public school, so he's gone from about 9am my time to 5pm. And when he texts me when he's in school it gives me major aniexty and I honesltly don't know why. Like as soon as my phone...
  • 221B

Quick update??

We had our talk about if we're gonna take the plunge doing this LDR thing for real. He said he wants to do it, he wants to stick together, beat the distance and have me moved in with him by this time next year. I'm almost scared to hope tho...a year is a long time for something to go wrong, and neither of us have ever done an LDR with this much distance before. Plus, our work schedules are going...
  • April

He's Cheating.....surprise surprise

So i have been bragging about how amazing my Navy boyfriend. How we live 9hours apart, and he is preparing for depolyment and is faithful and amazing....blah blah blah. He surpised me and drove down to see me and meet my family this weekend. Last night I did the horrible task of looking through his phone.......the girl was very nice when i face timed her. Told me he wants a family with her. He is...
  • caligirl98

3 am

I'm laying in bed crying because I feel so pathetic. I literally have to beg my boyfriend to call me and he still doesn't. I don't understand how there isn't even 1 minute in the day where he can take the time to just let me here his voice. I've communicated to him that I would like to FaceTime or talk on the phone more but he completely ignored that I guess. Yesterday I suggested we FaceTime...
  • 221B

Time running out

I have three weekends left with my bf before he moves even farther away than he already is, and it's really making me think. Last weekend, he instagted "the talk" about if we're going to really do this LDR thing, with me moving in with him next summer. I told him we both need to take a couple weeks to really think this out, so no decisions were made that day, but he seems to want to do it. I'm...
  • liyahma12

First LDR

I came across this site a while ago and didn't think I'd need it, but here I am. This is my first long distance and super unconventional relationship I've ever been in. Let's call him Stryker. I met Stryker online accidentally. It was on this stupid game and all I wanted to do was trade furniture, but I was immediately drawn to him from the minute he said hi. We began to talk outside of the game...
  • Mike2016

More questions than answer

Hello-This is my first time on this site and first joining anything like this but after several "serious" relationships, including a failed marriage, I feel like my thoughts on how to have a successful relationship are dumb! HA!Last fall my team from all over the country were in my city as a somewhat of a team building week. This woman who I'm now involved with got my attention from the very...
  • ShipR22

LONG DISTANCE

So I'm dealing with my second long distance relationship. I'm really trying to trust him and putting all my trust into him. But there's little things that make me think that there's something else going on. He hides his phone away from me when we're together (which it's none of my business), always on his phone, and tonight he decides to put me on mute while we're facetimeing when he's talking to...
  • Ive wrote on this before about me being in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend of 5 months. This week he came clean about cheating on me! He seems genuinely sorry about it? I feel like i could forgive him with time.any advice?
  • caligirl98

Depressed in this LDR

My boyfried of 2 years and I just started doing long distance a month ago because of college. He lives in Colorado and I live in California. I feel like everyday I get more and more sad and I dont know what to do. He plays basketball so he's always really busy with that or schoolwork so we barely talk to eachother. Before he left he promised we would facetime everyday but im lucky to get a 10...
  • msak9001

Unique situation

I feel bad even writing in this forum since my boyfriend will be back after 4 months and won't leave again but I needed somewhere to turn. My boyfriend left two months ago for work and when he left I thought I was okay but as time went by it seemed to move slower, and slower. I'm becoming more emotional as each week goes by. We have very limited contact as he doesn't have Internet or cellphone...