Long Distance Relationships (LDR) Support Group

This community is a place where you can share your long distance challenges and triumphs, vent, give long distance tips and ideas, or just get support from people like you who are going through the same thing. Whether you live a couple hours away or a couple continents away, the specific challenges that face a long distance relationship are unique and difficult.

0 Online
  • RDaniel

The love of my life is..

The love of my life is in New York and I'm in Texas.. it could be a year or more before we're together physically.  I hate this. I just want to be close to him. Its so hard..
  • Sultrygeek

The dilemma

Hello everyone. I am new here. I wish everyone a positive life. I have been dating my guy since almost two years. It has mostly been long distance. But we did meet often. However he moved to a new place in UK. It is really far from where I live and expensive to visit. Things are going downhill. We both fight a lot and it is affecting our work lives. I don't understand how to handle this...
  • Xoxo87

What should I do?

Hello, I'm new here, and will try to keep it short. In the beginning of October I met this guy through social media. He and I hit it off right up front, however we have talked about being hurt and our insecurities people flirting with us back and forth on social media had caused us some issues, but I think I may have gone overboard with my trust issues.Some of the people that make comments on...
  • VioletDazey

Relationship Advice buddies? I'm serious.

I really like this person.He's in Virginia, and I'm in TX we didn't intend to become more than friends, but we ended up making an agreement to not date/look for anyone else for 4 years so we could finish our school, and see if what we feel is real, and if so then see eachother.I don't want to let fear deter me from happiness. I just need someone to talk to when I feel that anxiety and fear, to...
  • campeon28

Anxiety problems

I've been with my long distance girlfriend from California for almost one year. We've powered through it all pretty smoothly. But lately people around me have been telling me it's a bad idea and that I should stop. Even my father who I don't talk to that much has said the same. I find myself being very unhappy because I miss her so much. I'm happy whenever we're talking but when we're not I get...
  • peebee123

How long before it's "official"

I will try and keep this short!So I met a guy online 7 months ago. We clicked straight away and decided to meet in person. 3 months into it and he told me he loved me. We were crazy about each other talking on the phone constantly and texting everyday. We spend as many weekends as we can together and always get on so well. We even sort of discussed the future if I would ever move from home...
  • SS16

New to this...

My Boyfriend is in Florida while I am in New York and it has been so difficult, I can't help but cry everyday. Life is boring and I really don't have any friends or hobbies to distract me from thinking about him. I miss him so much and just want to see him. 
  • fangnoai

LDR

Hello. This is my first time to feel so attached to a person who is far from me. We met in Taiwan when I was an exchange student there and developed so much. We agreed to see each other every 3 months but it's so hard. I think time is very slow. I'm a shut-in and I don't usually talk to people so I don't have any friends to share this situation with. So I try to find some people online. And now,...
  • Ldr7203

Needing some advice

Hello all,My boyfriend and I have been together for a little more than a year. Our situation has recently become quite complex, as if being a continent apart wasn't enough of a challenge. He was injured in a different country and before this injury it had been over 6 months since we had seen each other. This last time we saw each other we were unable to be physically intimate due to the inury,...
  • nialovesp

Hi everyone! I'm new here.

Hello everyone! My name is Nia & I have been in an LDR for about 7 months. It's fairly fresh but we are very invested in one another. This really is the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. We live fairly close to one another. I'm in Northern California and my boyfriend is in Nevada. Although, we will soon have to be separated for 3-4 months. Instead of our usual once a month visits....
  • mariaafernandez_

I would be glad to help

Hi everyone, wish someone reads it.I am currently on a LDR (Spain-Canada) and despite we have our ups and downs, i am proud to say that we are doing well.So, for those people that need help or an advise and because I know that you feel misunderstood, I am here to help you.You can contact me by DM on instagram (mariaafernandez_) or by here.And, of course, if yoy want to know more about us, follow...
  • throughthickandthin

not your typical LDR

HeySo my boyfriend has been in jail for a month and a half now.. my anxiety has been off the charts. I've been trying to keep busy however I feel like I'm just getting more and more depressed. I don't do much with my days off anymore and the majority of my free time is spent focusing on him. I almost feel bad if I go and do things with friends even though he encourages me to. He doesn't want me...
  • allygator94

I want to keep us going but he doesn't try

So.. long story short, I am in New Zealand and my guy is studying in Singapore. We rarely talk now because he says he is stressed with school. Whenever we talk, he complains about his modules and tells me about his upcoming exams and the assignments he currently is working on. I don't talk to him about my work problems cause he gets even more stressed since he thinks that he needs to comfort me...
  • martyw1087

Looking for advice

Hi I'm new to this forum. I think it is great that my girlfriend found this because talking to people going through the same situation we are in is what we need because nobody really understands feelings of a long distance relationship unless you are in one or have been in one. My girlfriend and I have been talking for a little over a year and she lives in Michigan and I live in Louisiana. We...
  • nofil69

what have I done

I just finnished chatting with my gf in Sweden... after we argued she told her bf she's living with about me and her so now she is homeless... she is gonna work at one of the refugee camps to get food and maybe a place to stay... this is my fault... if anything happens to her I will truelly die... Im in America I cant do anything