Long Distance Relationships (LDR) Support Group

This community is a place where you can share your long distance challenges and triumphs, vent, give long distance tips and ideas, or just get support from people like you who are going through the same thing. Whether you live a couple hours away or a couple continents away, the specific challenges that face a long distance relationship are unique and difficult.

1 Online
  • reyesjordan21

I'm so exhausted...

My girlfriend was unable to visit this past weekend (she flies standby and the flights were full) and I feel horrible right now. I was so happy a week ago because I knew I'd be able to see her in just a short time. I've been counting down the days until this moment, but now I'm going to have to continue to wait... this is so exhausting.I hate hearing about how everyone else in normal...
  • paperofshadow

I Don't Know What To Do Anymore..

Well Here I Am, Three Day's After My Boyfriend Broke Up With Me. After A Year And Exactly Two Months That Day Of Being With One Another.. We Met In Person For The First Time In July And We Are One Another's First Love. He Started His First Day Of College Back In September And He Is Very Overwhelmed.. So He Couldn't Do It Anymore.. He Tells Me He Loves Me, He Just Wants To Be Friend's For Now. I...
  • Pikagirl

Is there hope?

I'm currently in a long distance relationship and it's been hard for the both of us and I feel like it's my fault. I feel like I can't make him happy enough or that I'm not good enough or pretty enough for him. He tells me everyday that it's him but I feel like it's me. What can I do?
  • The Shifting Attitude of Russian Women In Favor of Foreign MenGroups of Russian women flocking together in public places like cafes and restaurants have become commonplace nowadays. This regularly occurring phenomenon that has plagued the country including its major cities has steadily grown since the decline of the Russian man and their values.  In the face of male population shortage, you...
  • gradstudent101

Advice for Someone New to a LDR?

Recently my boyfriend took an amazing job 12-14 hours away via driving. He is in a field where moving a lot is required and I'm kind of stuck where I am due to the fact I am purusing a graduate degree.We have been mid-distance our entire relationship with only an hour drive and saw each other pretty frequently. However he just moved a week ago and I am having the hardest time adjusting. I am so...
  • pnbenn18

Post Visit Depression?

I am 24, from WV & my boyfriend whom I met the summer of 2016 is from the U.K.. I met him while he was here with work and leaving him that time wasn't super hard because we had only known each other for 2 weeks, but we obviously continued to speak and shortly after became a couple. I went to the U.K. in May of this year for 2 weeks and leaving that time... let's just say I sat in an airport with...
  • genunnie

My long distance relationship

Hi there. I'm new here. I thought it be cool to meet people who's experiencing or experienced being in a long distance relationship. Maybe some can help me. Um this is my first time being in a long distance relationship, we met online and it's been about 5 month being in a long distance relationship. I'm head over heels in love with him, he's my first love, I care so much about him. I can say...
  • f33lings

He's talking to his ex

Hi everyone,Sorry for the length, but hopefully some people can bear with me and read it all :)I'm new to this forum and was just looking for an outlet to deal with my current situation. A little back story, I live in Toronto, Canada and I was 23 and I met my current boyfriend 8 years ago at a Bachelor/Bachelorette party in Miami and we instantly had a connection. We were both in relationships...
  • kunzy

Trying to visit my long distance BF

Alright so backstory: This summer I went on vacation with my family to Hawaii. While I was there I met the most awesome, creative, handsome guy who was interested in the same things I was, so I gave him my number and we've been talking ever since. I usually don't get attcthed very easilt but we just click on every basis and it just feels so right. Okay so anways I live in New York and he goes to...
  • No1InYourHearts

i think i’m getting depressed

hey, i’m new to this but maybe talking it out with people will help. so basically me and my girlfriend have been dating for about 6 months. she lives in california and me in washington state. i love this girl. i’ve know here for awhile and always knew i had feelings for her since the get go. we text, snapchat and talk on the phone everyday (we occasionally facetime). she’s a nurse and...
  • quinryder

Long distance story advice?

I'm a girl living in USA and met a guy from Netherlands from an online game. I knew him from a guy friend that I knew from the same game and that friend lives 20 min from this guy and r good friends. We started talking on June 17 and found out we have so much in common and very eager to talk to each other that we started to mess up our sleeping time (he's 8 hours ahead of me). We decided to take...
  • martyw1087

Looking for advice

Hi I'm new to this forum. I think it is great that my girlfriend found this because talking to people going through the same situation we are in is what we need because nobody really understands feelings of a long distance relationship unless you are in one or have been in one. My girlfriend and I have been talking for a little over a year and she lives in Michigan and I live in Louisiana. We...
  • RDlongdistance

Hi

I'm new to this site and I'm really looking for people to talk to that are going through the same thing I am. My boyfriend and I've been dating for 10 months and he got a new job out of the state of Florida. He's is currently in Arizona training for his new job and I'm here in Florida patiently waiting for him. Once he's done training the plan is for me to move out there and be with him. I love...
  • kennarezochert

Boyfriend phone taken away

So my boyfriend got his phone taken away by his parents and he doesn't know when he is going to get it back so we have just been able to talk on the phone for 30 mins everyday and it's killing me not being able to talk to him all the time. What should I do?
  • cmrbx

I feel like I'm dying...

I met my boyfriend after almost 3 years of dating, he's leaving today and I feel like I'm being torn apart, my heart feels so heavy I can't breathe I feel like I'm gonna lose everything... I don't know what to do please help