Long Distance Relationships (LDR) Support Group

This community is a place where you can share your long distance challenges and triumphs, vent, give long distance tips and ideas, or just get support from people like you who are going through the same thing. Whether you live a couple hours away or a couple continents away, the specific challenges that face a long distance relationship are unique and difficult.

0 Online
0 Online
  • As part of my studies for a master's degree in social psychology, I am conducting a research study that examines the different aspects of the Long Distance Relationship. If you are taking part in a long distance relationship, I would appreciate it if you will assist me and fill out this brief survey (only a few minutes long).the surveyThank you!!:)
  • nana2

LDR's are hard

i joined this group because my boyfriend of 6 months just visited me for the first time... he stayed for 3 days and went back and im feeling more alone than ever. he and i talk everyday but it was different when he was here.. i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to deal with the sadness that im feeling :/
  • Long story short, our time is being limited thanks to her job. I am proud of her for getting a job butit is cutting in on our time honestly. (She lives in UK while I live in PH) Now I thought about a solution but it requires me to wake very early in the morning like 3 am or 2 am (and personally I don't mind that) .I can't really go through a day without talking to her because she really means...
  • bossgirl

Am I Too Clingy???

We have basically been together for 1 year and we talk mostly everyday. I personally cant go a day without talking to her 1 becasue I love her so much and 2 because I feel like talking to her everyday is equivalent to seeing her in person, being able to touch her and watch her (not in a creepy way).Even though I cant go a day without talking to her she can. Which is why shes been able to not have...
  • gypsylee89

VA to WY

Hey everyone! I’m just looking for some advice. I’ll try to keep my story clear and concise.I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend. I live in Virginia and my boyfriend moved from Florida to go to school in VA. We’ve been together about 1 and a half years. After he graduated in May, he left to work in Wyoming until October (so about 5 months). I was pretty upset...
  • 221B

New to this

Hi guys! I'm really glad I found this website. Long distance relationships are new to me and I don't know anyone personally who has gone through this. My boyfriend currently lives about 200 miles away, which is about a 3 - 4 hour drive. We manage to see each other almost every weekend, and I know we're very lucky to be able to do this. But, in a few short months he's moving about 1,500 miles away...
  • ebrumm

First post

So I'm new to the group, and I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for. I suppose the best place to start is my situation. I've been dating my girlfriend for about six months and she recently moved a great distance away. It's far enough to regular visits are impossible right now, and will be even more so, in a few months, as I am moving overseas for school. I'm really not sure where to go from...
  • Missy224

LDR

Hi everyone,I'm new to the group and was just looking to find people who could realte to me. I've dated my boyfriend since highschool. Were seniors in college and having beed doing the long distance thing for awhile. We have been on and off throughout our realtionship inculding highschool but weve mainly been together. He's in Colorado and I'm in Jersey so we have a lot of miles between us. I'm...
  • joybillops

New to the group

Hi Everyone!I'm new to the group and am really hoping that I'll get some tips on how to make a long distance relationship work. Looking forward to learning a lot!
  • EchoPapa

New to LDR

Hello everyone, i am new to this site/group and new to LDR as well. I guess I can make a long story short and describe my situation. I met my girlfriend online in March '16. I am here in Canada, born and raised and currently at the University getting my Pilots License and a degree in the Aeronautics program. She came to Canada from China, i just finished my first year and she just graduated....
  • newmrsc

New to LDR

Hi everyone! I'm new to the group and am anxious to hear about how everyone handles challenges typical to these types of relationships. My husband and I have been together 6 years, married almost 3. We have been through alot together; continued drama/trouble with his ex, breast cancer for me and difficulty with blending our families. We truly love eachother dearly but find it so hard to stay...
  • My partner and I are about 900km apart, in two different states and eventually one of us has to make the big move. It's not a case of "if" but "when"... Due to better cost of living where I am, he will be moving to me, however family responsibilities and a permanent full time job (which he's had for over 5 years now) is keeping him away. Everyone knows how hard it is in this job market to secure...
  • Hi, my girlfriend and I are in a LDR where I live in America and she lives in Australia. We have been in a LDR since January 2, 2016 and love eachother more than anything, but sometimes the distance and time difference is unbearable and heartbreaking. It gets us into arguments and makes us not want to do it anymore but we still love eachother and want to get through all the hard times, more like...
  • arosie

Feeling Alone in LDR

Hello. I just joined this support group. I live in Oregon and my boyfriend lives in Luxembourg. We have been dating for almost 2 years and doing long distance for 8 months now. We meet in college and fell in love. He moved back to Luxembourg, his home, to take care of his family and for a job. We are just pursuing our careers/education, saving money, and trying to be financially secure before we...
  • friezalyc

Is he cheating on me?

Me and my bf have been in relationship for 6 months now and even 7 months tomorrow (yayy!) But i have this bad feelings that he is cheating on me :( We first met on an application where you can talk to strangers. And I always have this feelings that lately he is going back to that app and talk to a new girl. Unfortunately i deleted my account on that app so i cant track him anymore (stupid stupid...