Family Issues Support Group

Family issues is a huge range that go from minor conflict to major misbehaviour and even abuse on the part of individual members of the family occur. Whether you feel you are in a dysfunctional family or you're dealing with a very specific issue, this is the place to talk about it and find others who might be going through the same thing.

0 Online
0 Online
  • hi all just accepted a job offer that will take me to another city 8 hours flight from home where my parents live. I've been living away from home since graduating from uni, and now it feels like I should be moving closer to my aging parents. And I've just chosen this new job over another one that was about an hours flight away. The other job (the one closer to home) was not a good fit for me....
  • Hey all,I'm new to the group,thank you for having me. As you can see by the discussion topic,I can't deal with my dad anymore and I don't know what else to do. Little background about me:in my 30s,lived in Texas until a year ago when I got a really bad bacterial infection in my kidneys and stomach,so I had to move back home to my parent's due to medical debt. I have no kids,but I have a dog whom...
  • i lost my aunt last year i was very close to her. my middle son before she died was going on and on about her will,i have mental illness and i cracked under stress and told him my aunt had left him and his 2 brothers 3000 each to to get him to shut up at that time she had left them that amount. then shortly before she had a big stroke she wanted to change her will her partner of 22 years had...
  • Hey everyone,first post on here. Ive endlessly googled my situation to see if anyone can relate or has gone through similar things. Its getting to the point where Im at a crossroads and have to make a decision. Any advice is appreciated! Would love to hear if anyone has had similar situations, and to talk about itI moved out when I was 17 to pursue a degree in music. My family didn't really agree...
  • hh_xo

This is BS

im so sick and tired of my boyfriend pawning off his responsibilities to his mom and dad. We already live in their house, rent and utilities free, with our nine month old son. He never takes us to dr appointments, or anywhere for that matter. He claims that he "needs the money" and can't afford to miss three measly hours of work. He's an independent contractor and constantly gets drunk and brags...
  • My dysfunctional sister is someone who has always been back and forth to everyone's home. She has a son and a daughter and lived with just about all of our family members multiple times including me and our mother among some of her friends and others. There was even a time where she stayed with her two kids in a garage. Most of the time, everyone was just trying to help her but she usually just...
  • After posting I have no doubt of the hate and contempt for me. However before you unleash on me, I am suffering terribly for my choices. I deserve all I get. I have been wrong. There are no words to express the grief, the self-loathing, and more.My husband was and has been emotionally and mentally abusive. About ten years ago I met someone else through a series of coincidences. For ten...
  • cr14

Confused Wife

Me and my husband have been together for 3 years. For maybe 90% of the time we have been together he has belittled me almost every other day if not every day. He calls me ignorant or laughs at my intelligence. Everything I do is wrong or could be done better by him. He never wants to show me affection or attention unless he is horny. I never get random hugs or kisses. If I try to cuddle with him...
  • Tired

No Compassion from Brother

He has personality disorder. Still it gets to me. Husband's in hospital. Had valve fix surgery and got stroke. I'm staying at hospital with him.Brother emailing me questions to do with moms estate. No asking how husband or I am doing. Upset about woman who bought mom commercial property and was always late with payment and then stopped paying for six months. Lawyer sent letter saying we are...
  • I can quite honestly say that I have never done this before. It has taken me a lot of years to realize that I have been emotionally abused my entire life by my father and even more to realize that I needed help. I don't know what to say, as I am sure that there is someone who has had it worse than I have but lately I have not been coping well with the tenuous relationship I have with my family....
  • empx

Bad Brother

On top of everything else.My brother asked me to take the cats to the vets. He gave me his debit card. Gave me no cash and purposely omitted giving me the pin number to pay for the cats at the vets. And said ''I text you the number''. I thought there was something suspicious this morning about my brothers misdemeanour. I knew something was up. He was hiding something? It was unclear as to what...
  • Animalfarm82

News I didn't want

I know that there is a sexual abuse forum but this could also be a family issue. This year I found out that my dad (who I am extremely close to) sexual abused my aunt when my aunt was 7 and my dad was 17. My dad has never done anything to me of that nature that I can remember. We have always had a great relationship. I found this information out from a cousin. My aunt does not know that I know...
  • Hi, I'm just looking for some words of support. I'm going through a very challenging time in my life right now. I'm a single mom with 2 teenage kids and aging parents. Lots going on and sometimes I just don't know who to talk to. Anyway any support is welcome.
  • n2 of over 100 incidents of my mother lying to me in my childhood that caused great mental scarsm Lie 1. my mom and dad got married after i was conceived out of wedlock 6 months later he left because alcohol was more important than familylie 2 when i was 7 my father wanted me in his life, and wanted me to live with him, i never met or saw him but i was told that he wanted me so bad he would...
  • Blerd

Tired...

I'm 27, engaged, pregnant and a nurse. I was a good kid, but definitely mouthy, introverted, and distant. My mother is the exact opposite. She is the life of the party and I suspect she's less than introspective. I always just wanted her to love me for what I was and acccept me and my flaws. However, she seems bent on living vicariously through me. Im a nurse because s'e wanted to be a nurse, but...