Family Issues Support Group

Family issues is a huge range that go from minor conflict to major misbehaviour and even abuse on the part of individual members of the family occur. Whether you feel you are in a dysfunctional family or you're dealing with a very specific issue, this is the place to talk about it and find others who might be going through the same thing.

1 Online
1 Online
  • harpee8

Angry Most of the time

It has been a while since i have been on here. I have had a lot of life changes in the last 8 years. I got married, had 3 miscarriages, almost lost both parents in a car accident, had 3 kids and tons of family drama. My dad decided after 47 years of marriage to "legally separate" from my mom but not before dragging her to court and throwing mud on her. He caused a massive rift in our family. I...
  • hh_xo

This is BS

im so sick and tired of my boyfriend pawning off his responsibilities to his mom and dad. We already live in their house, rent and utilities free, with our nine month old son. He never takes us to dr appointments, or anywhere for that matter. He claims that he "needs the money" and can't afford to miss three measly hours of work. He's an independent contractor and constantly gets drunk and brags...
  • I have an aunt & uncle , my mother's brother and sister, who have hurt me throughout my life.I was an anxious, phobic child who had dealt with some abuse. I had panic attacks and stress induced asthma. These two added insult to injury consistently. They were bullies. They would deny it, but they were.I've recently been invited to an extended family reunion. My first thought was no way. ...
  • lisa

Help

Hello Everyone,This is the first time I have joined a support group so any guidance would be gratefully appreciated. I am 44 years old and I just cant do this any more. I have grown up in an emotionally unhealthy family; dad, mom, sis. Without going into details there have been all kinds of issues from pedophile to codependency. I am finally at my witts end and I just don’t know what to do...
  • Im 17 years old. I am badly-adjusted, and irrational and I think I've isolated myself as a result, I've destroyed all my relationships. I have these sudden outbursts (usually about stupid things), to which my mum says I'm being emotional and sensitive which i am, but it makes me feel worse. She scoffs at me and says here we go again. Its difficult to articulate why something upsets me, it could...
  • Justlife

fears

Hello everyone,I dont know if this is the right group to add this to but it seems so. I am 27 years old, I am latina and what I am about to say is a big deal but may make you laugh on how silly it is. I finally moving out of my moms home at the end of August. I had not done it earlier because first of all I could not afford it and also because of my culture and customs, my Mom would die. See...
  • Animalfarm82

News I didn't want

I know that there is a sexual abuse forum but this could also be a family issue. This year I found out that my dad (who I am extremely close to) sexual abused my aunt when my aunt was 7 and my dad was 17. My dad has never done anything to me of that nature that I can remember. We have always had a great relationship. I found this information out from a cousin. My aunt does not know that I know...
  • uniquorn

No family

3 years ago today my alcoholic father called me and went off on me. He said horrible things like "you are glad your husband died", referring to my husband who committed suicide over a decade ago. He brought up my infidelity to my husband so long ago and told me i was going to hell. He also said he didn't want me around so much to see my niece and nephew. He said that they are a family of 4,...
  • Firegirl8822

Questions

hi my partner and I want to have kids we think we have figured it all out we know I will carry them and that is fine the thing I am struggling with is will I be happy just carrying her egg and a donor sperm will this child still feel like they are mine? I think I may always want to know what a baby using one of my eggs would be like or look like and does that mean I would never love or feel like...
  • admiralackbar

Family member

how do you cut a family member out of your life? This person only talks to me when they need something and after they get it I'm nothing until the next time.
  • Hey guys, first time ever doing this so here goes! Sorry if it is too long, trying to give the whole situation...Very life long story my father has never really been a "father" as such, just never there for you and a shocking temper/anger etc etc but I get it I am now in my late 30's with kids and I can understand how hard it is, knowing what I know now I don't think he wasn't ready or really...
  • I'm 27 years old, having issues with my mom. I'm an only child, we've always been close, but every time I start dating someone she gets jealous it seems, gets upset if my plans with the guy I'm seeing interferes with her plans, and finds fault and reasons to dislike him. I live with my parents, I do own my own house but it's not ready for me to move into yet, I am a little scared to live alone so...
  • For as long as i can remember my family has turned a blind eye to all the terrible things my brother has done. He went from hitting his 67 yr old teacher with a txt book in 3rd grade to stealing and dealing drugs out of our house. Every time the decision came to talk to him about it he would cry amd say hes going to change and my family would just eat it up with a spoon. He stole from anyone he...
  • i lost my aunt last year i was very close to her. my middle son before she died was going on and on about her will,i have mental illness and i cracked under stress and told him my aunt had left him and his 2 brothers 3000 each to to get him to shut up at that time she had left them that amount. then shortly before she had a big stroke she wanted to change her will her partner of 22 years had...
  • Just wondering as my son's mother of his kids doesn't talk to me period. I never get to see my grandkid's. My son may bring them over rarely. I live in CA. TIA