Families & Friends Of Addicts Support Group

Addiction affects more than just the individual. This community is dedicated to the families and friends of individuals suffering from any form of addiction. Mental health professionals are increasingly considering alcoholism and addiction as diseases that flourish in and are enabled by family systems. Family members react to the addicted person with particular behavioral patterns.

2 Online
  • Lookin4Friendz

Fearful

My grown daughter is an addict. As i type she is in the streets of Camden looking for money to purchase drugs.....I feel so lost..please say a prayer for her, that thr lord will protect her and no harm comes to her...not only is she an addict she is a juvenile diabetic and was recently diagnosed with something I cant even pronounce but is a total breakdown of muscles in one of her legs so if she...
  • sexy_mel101

Sad

husband is an alcoholic. Hits me when he's drunk!!after he's sober he doesn't remember doing that? 
  • Krissyn

I'm new

Hello, I'm not sure what to say....
  • destiny

lost/I also put this in my journal

I have 0 people to talk to.  Don't get me wrong, I have friends and family.  Just nobody I can trust to keep my story to themselves.  I have an alcoholic husband, who is currently on the wagon.  He slips about 1x a year, maybe 2.  I have 3 children, 1 that has a problem that includes drug use.  I don't know to what extent or if alcohol is also an issue.  I have an inlaw that passed from...
  • wastedtime

Wasting my time wondering why...

I keep finding myself wasting time wondering "why?"  I roll through my mind about could our marriage (7 month marriage) be fixed?  Was any of it real?  We are still newlyweds and I am expecting our child in a few months.  He has spent most my pregnancy living in his car.  He comes and goes as he pleases.  He will show up at the door begging for another chance.  "I want my family."  It is...
  • vanessa92

My Cousin Is An Addict

Hello everyone, this is going to be pretty long as I am going to share my story, and need advice. My name is Vanessa Reigota and I am currently a marriage and family therapy masters student. At this time, I am required to become part of a support group of some kind that I can relate to; in hopes that I learn more about myself before I can begin to help others. I have chosen this group because I...
  • Natalie129

Boyfriend struggling with recovery

hi there! My boyfriend and I have dated since last July and moved in together in October (almost a year ago). When we met he immediately told me that he was an addict and had completed a rehab program- main issue opioids. After a few dates he shared with me he was taking suboxone (without a prescription) this made me a little uncomfortable as I saw him in one stage and this made me feel he was in...
  • joleneLS

Naloxone

Today I went and got my free Naloxone kit.  Our government pays to make it free for anyone who wants it.  You take a fifteen minute 'course' and you get a free kit containing three needles, three doses, three alcohol pads, a mouth guard if CPR is required.  It is to be used in case of overdose.  It will buy between 15 to 30 minutes of time for someone over dosing for the paramedics to get...
  • Pessimisticoptimist

Help

I just need some advice, I recently started seeing a man who is a recovering heroine addict. I've done alot of research on the subject and I have talked to him about his addiction. He is 5 months sober and I know alot of the rehabs tell you to not jump into anything until a year of sobriety. He says he wants to try with me but it scares me. He is still in contact with his ex that he was with when...
  • Pkk

Tired and ready to leave

Hi everyone, I am new to this group and can't believe there are so many with the same story! I live with an alcoholic and occasional drug user.I live in Washington state and have been with my husband 20 yrs, married for 15. We have 3 children 13(son), 12(daughter), 7(daughter). I don't know where to even start, there are so many stories. I have made many mistakes because I thought I was doing...
  • foreverrain

About Al-Anon...

I'm here because I have some questions about Al-Anon. I grew up with an alcoholic father and unfortunately his addiction got the best of him, and he passed away two years ago. Since then, I attended counseling and read Dr. Woititz book Adult Children of Alcoholics. The book was great and it really helped me to understand why I am the person I am today. However, I still carry around the feeling...
  • BoyMom13

High Functioning Alcoholic

Another long, sleepless night.I'm new to this group. But after another episode with my husband I know I needed to find some kind of support. In the last month or so I am just coming to the realization that my husband is a HFA. It's been extremely hard for me to accept. We're only 23, so very young for this to be an issue. We were high school sweethearts, had our son at 19 (not planned) but have...
  • FromAshesToBeauty

How to let go and move on?

Oh where to start... I suppose from the beginning. I met my husband when I was 15 years old. We met through some mutual friends that we had and we both were new to our town. We hit it of hot and heavy from the jump. I was hung up on a boy from the previous town I lived in and my (now) husband helped me get over that. We were best friends. Did everything together. I started to "friend zone" him...
  • Mell

Repeated attempts of suicide

My brother has been a drug addict since he was around 14 years old,  he is turning 28 this month.  He has been addicted to everything under the sun but most recently it's heroin. He has gotten worse over time especially these last few weeks.   Twice in the past week he overdosed but lied to the cops when he woke up after they hit him with narcan and said it was an accident so they won't take...
  • piscesgal

fed up

it amazes me how much you can love and be there for someone and want nothing but good for them and they blame you for all their miseries.... they don't want to get better. But I realize this isn't about me. I'm just tired of constantly going through this fucking cycle, it's the same result each time.. how many times am I going to allow myself to fall for this? really coming to my breaking point....