Codependency Support Group

Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others who are going through the same.

2 Online
  • RossHomes

Would appreciate input..

Its been a while since I was on here . Working on straightening some things out.I was divorced finally in middle of June last year after almost five years separated . I dont regret it . An old acquaintance from church years ago reached out in May and we'd text . We didn't date till divorce was final. I mentioned I have to move slow obviously and wasn't looking for anything serious . Makes sense...
  • greentwist

Introductions

Get ready for a mini-novel!I've been a single mom for over 20 years. My daughter is now 20 and my son, Alex, just turned 24. Alex started using pot when he was 14 and within 2 years, his dad and I both knew that his use of both drugs and alcohol had quickly become an addiction. His whole life revolved around when was the next party/excuse for using. He dropped the swim team (he was a star...
  • CareHS

here goes.

Started reading the Codependency No More book and I feel like so much is like pulled from my own head its crazy. I am excited to think there may be some relief to this awful feeling but, at the same time i still struggle with other things regarding my marriage and children that I really dont know that codependency is the resolution. I think frequent encouragement and reitteration is probably key...
  • ciel

Pregnant alone and co dependent

I'm 8 months pregnant and exhausted.  My partner is spending more and more time drinking with his friends and I have no friends or family that will help me or keep me company.  Everyone I know is a self - obsessed narcissist like my mother, uses me and only wants to focus on themselves.  I am so used to being a scapegoat and a doormat that I seek people who will treat me that way while...
  • AntsInMyEyesJohnson

My pointless bullshit...

So the woman i've been off/on with the past 2 years is in my life while i invite her. Any time i hang out with her it always leads to sex and anything in between. Most guys enjoy sex, don't get me wrong i do too... I just wish i could talk to her as my friend, i don't have friends, mainly due to trust issues. I guess i have a problem. It's basically like sexually, i give her everything she wants,...
  • justlikemusic

Codependency anonymous meeting update.

Yesterday was my second CODA meeting and I have to say that I have enjoyed it so far. I am extremely grateful I found out about them and decided to attend. Although it's still fairly recent it's nice to know that I'm not alone. Although everyone has different situations and experiences, it amazes me how we can all still relate to each other. I feel I cannot talk about my codependency issues with...
  • Qwit4Good

New revelations about my Codependency

Many years ago, I attended CODA meetings regularly and in many ways it was one of the tools that aided me in being able to leave the narcissicist that I had married. Fast forward twenty years and while relationships improved somewhat I fell into gambling addiction. It has taken hard work and many more tools and therapy to realize the interconnection between my co-denpendency, choosing abusive,...
  • shelda

Fake it till you make it

I have been trying to do this for too long now, but yet I can not stop pretending I am just fine..How are you doing this beautiful sunny day crap...fakeness..I am a recent widow again and am not used to being alone. Thats all we can do though what else is there?
  • mirandac

My thoughts on codependency

CodependencyPeople pleasing, lack of self love and self acceptance,Not setting strong and healthy boundaries within Ourselves and with others. Stop enabling, fixing, controlling Others. Learn to focus on us and accept and love our own Humannesswarts and all. Stop judging, putting up walls, stop putting up with Unacceptable behaviors and actions. Stand your ownGround Using your own morals and...
  • roseyk1

Parenting and Recovery

My wife is in recovery and we have 3 children (twin toddlers and an 11 year old). I am struggling with the part of recovery where I am "still" doing most of the childcare and taking care of responsibilities of keeping our family running, while my wife attends AA meetings and build her fellowship. At the same time, I don't feel that my needs for getting a break are really understood. I feel like a...
  • yogacat3

Trying to grow

I have been on a long journey of healing, but this is the beginning of my Co journey. I feel very lost and deeply disconnected from myself. I feel afraid of moving forward without going into recovery - either CoDA or focused therapy- because of the messes I've created through the rest of my life while NOT dealing with this issue. I have worked in social work for the past 5 years. It has largely...
  • mirandac

Shame, dysfunctional family,abuse and codependency

John Bradshaw and Pia MellodyProfessor john Bradshaw___________________________________https://youtu.be/KnMuEX9zuEkHealing the shame that binds you 1 videohttps://youtu.be/sA6lzF8G-zYShame and addiction 1 videohttps://youtu.be/HL-J2H3JmesCodependency 3 long videoshttps://youtu.be/UmXGV65fRfs10 long inner child videoshttps://youtu.be/bClMK5rNBSc4 short videohttps://youtu.be/9PjAXINemG4This is 10...
  • SassyGrace

I Want To Be Left Alone

Hi, everyone.  I hope you all had a peaceful Christmas.Because that's what I'm aiming for in my life now.  Peace.I'm at a place in my life where I'm starting a new life, in a new town, single.I'm using this time in my life to address codependency issues I've had my whole life.  Addressing the things in my life that weren't/aren't working.I'm attempting to keep the focus on myself, deal with...
  • Heartofwarmrain

I can't believe it

I was searching online for what a narcissist is because my husband has such off the wall behaviors. It just never makes since to me. After reading I feel I understand better what is going on inside of him. Yes he is an overt narcissist. As i kept reading i learned about who narcissist usually pray on they used this word codependent. I was like what is that? As i read about it i was blown...
  • ThreeDots

Forgive me while I wallow

Self pity is a waste of time.... I realize that, but I just wanted to give a glimpse of what I do to myself.  Its the holiday season and I love holidays.   I love all the festivities, carols, food, everything.  But Christmas Eve?  Nothing but a ball of nerves and anxiety.  I can't wait for it to be over.  This makes me sad.  My parents are having a game night and food at their house.  Our...