Codependency Support Group

Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others who are going through the same.

0 Online
0 Online
  • So its been 4 weeks. 4 weeks today in fact.Some days I think Ive got this....other days I think I just have no future. Im nearly 50 and this is my 4th Divorce. I just keep repeating the same old mistakes. How can I stop this cycle?Most days I cry all day. For the silliest reason, in shops, in banks just sitting on the sofa....today I started crying in the library and the only thing I had to dry...
  • Whenever my wife has some issue, and it's usually work which has become toxic, I feel frozen and I can't enjoy myself and I'm always on edge feeling helpless and wanting to fix it/make it go away. Old stuff for sure but such a sickening feeling like I'm going to be blamed for not being supportive enough. That's my mom all over again and it's hard to separate those old feelings with today's...
  • I almost dont recognize myself and am ashamed that I have let myself become so co-dependent on someone else and my reliance on them for my happiness is not healthy. It is harmful to myself and has ruined my self- esteem and has now made my boyfriend begin to resent me as well. I am struggling with codependency and anxiety.Ever since I was little I would seek others approval or validation to feel...
  • WvyNoodle

Codependent Introvert

I was in what I thought was the best relationship of my life. However, I didn't realize that what I interpreted to be "love" was more codependent issues and pushed my partner to a breaking point. Just an example: If I texted him good morning to be sweet and he didn't reply until the afternoon - I would get upset and start an unnecessary fight. I know I have unrealistic expectations that I am his...
  • Sunshine33

Starting recovery

This is my first post and first online group... Not really sure what to expect but let's try hey.I have recently broke up with my partner that started AA only 5 months ago and at the time I couldn't see why no matter what we tried it wouldn't work. Now I can see the alcoholism was a big contributer and also my co dependency. Firstly I need to say, I told hope in my heart that with both of us...
  • Hi y'all. I just joined, looking forward to hearing your stories and personal solutions/what has helped you. I am not looking for advice however, I get enough of that from my husband :) I have been struggling with codependency forever, and it has kept me from understanding myself at all. Everything I have done is flipped around, done outside-in, versus from inside out. I act based on what I...
  • I've realized that I have some codependent tendencies. Growing up I struggled to please my parents and gain their approval, which I think has probably lead to where I am now. In college I was in a relationship for two years- I was totally in love but also completely codependent. That ended about 10 months ago and I went through a period of time where it was the worst I've ever felt in my entire...
  • in_cure

A very touching movie

I recently watched the film 'The forest for the trees', a story about a newbie schoolteacher who didn't have a clue about herself, and spins out of control in her new job. She becomes obsessed about a neighbor and tries disastrosuly to win her affection, while her job is a nightmare and feels she can't trust the one sympathetic colleague who might understand her. I found it really touching to see...
  • Brandy9852

New here!

Hi Group-I am new to this group, but I'm hoping that by reading things other folks post and by posting myself I can gain some insights. I never realized I was so unhappy and anxious, I knew something was wrong but I did not realize the issues were with myself. My wife got so mad at me one day and pretty much shoved the book 'Codependent No Nore' at me. Once I got over myself and started...
  • Hello,I just found this site. I'm still young(18) and don't know much about this but from what I can gather I believe I have a codependency problem. Yes.. Yes... I know most young adults tend to be somewhat codependent. But I really feel that it's more of a problem then just normal "teen stuff". When I was younger I never had a relationship with my mother. She was a drug addict, very...
  • mkelley

Hello all. I have finally decided to seek help for the codependency. I believe I have been this way my whole life. I had a stroke 4 years ago and it rocked my world. I was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago so dealing with ms and being a codie makes for a pretty sad existence. I have no meeting in my area and have just started the first step on my own. It is very difficult to be so honest with...
  • sunnyjax

Realisation….

I have been a member of this group for a while but havent posted for a while.I am codependant.I have struggled all my life with relationships. As soon as I get involved with someone I cannot cope - it consumes me. I have been working on myself and been better but I have come to realise after recently leaving my abusive (narcissistic) husband that part of the problem is me. I allow this to happen...
  • Hi everyone! My name is Jodie and I have recently discovered that I have a Codependency problem. I have been through multiple traumatic events in my life that I feel have contributed to my issue, but at my core I feel that this is really a problem in my life. I have noticed that I am constantly depending on my relationships to feel good about myself. My father was never a big part of my life and...
  • Trj

help support needed.

I need support. That it is ok to stay away from addicts not In recovery!! I tend to have empathy but find myself not setting boundaries with unhealthy people. I then make plans with them and just have coffee but when done I am so exhausted as they talk in circles and are never direct but in decisive on every thing they speak. So please help with support and saying I can "say no" to meeting them....
  • Finding people you can relate too is a wonderful feeling. You don't feel so alone, I am too codependent i have been all my life. I've always had to be in a relationship to feel complete, to feel loved, and liked. It's always been like that, But i want to change. i want to be INDEPENDENT. Yes, i said it. i know for most of us codependent people INDEPENDENT isn't in our vocaburlary. It's time for...