Codependency Support Group

Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others who are going through the same.

3 Online
3 Online
  • Trj

help support needed.

I need support. That it is ok to stay away from addicts not In recovery!! I tend to have empathy but find myself not setting boundaries with unhealthy people. I then make plans with them and just have coffee but when done I am so exhausted as they talk in circles and are never direct but in decisive on every thing they speak. So please help with support and saying I can "say no" to meeting them....
  • Lady-did

Hi Im new

Im new. I've always been copdendent but I just learned that there was actually a name for why I felt crazy. Im really struggling with being in a healthy relationship and being codependt. What are some things that help you guys to keep your emotions/reactions in check?
  • Koyu

How to break the cycle

Hi group,It has been awhile since I shared. I was told by my therapist that I am co dependent. I knew that but coming from my therapist put a whole new light on this issue. After the therapy session, my separated husband and I had an argument where He started yelling and I started crying. Afterwards, he apologized. Even thought we are separated, when we see each other, we go back to old...
  • Brandy9852

New here!

Hi Group-I am new to this group, but I'm hoping that by reading things other folks post and by posting myself I can gain some insights. I never realized I was so unhappy and anxious, I knew something was wrong but I did not realize the issues were with myself. My wife got so mad at me one day and pretty much shoved the book 'Codependent No Nore' at me. Once I got over myself and started...
  • Ilvny

Am I Codep?

Hi, I was talking to someone who is a counsellor and they said I am co dependant. I knew all these years there was something not right butvdidnt put ny finger on it. So, I basically have always put others' needs before my own to be liked. In relationships I have always been the one to chase because the man was not emotionally available. I'd get them then when they start liking me and showing...
  • I appreciate being allowed to join this group, since I don't have any other outlets to discuss this - ( except for one or two friends online ). I have a firm belief that I've been codependent for many years. The reason I say that is because even after going through a 10 year marriage from hell from 1990 till 2000, I still continued to have involvements with men that had no clue how to behave...
  • Sunshine33

Starting recovery

This is my first post and first online group... Not really sure what to expect but let's try hey.I have recently broke up with my partner that started AA only 5 months ago and at the time I couldn't see why no matter what we tried it wouldn't work. Now I can see the alcoholism was a big contributer and also my co dependency. Firstly I need to say, I told hope in my heart that with both of us...
  • Hi everyone. I'm new to DailyStrength and the available Support Groups, and this is my first post. I'm currently writing my story in full to create a journal on here, but it's taking quite some time. I hope when it's finished, it'll be helpful and insightful to many of you.In the meantime, I wanted to seek a little support surrounding the co-dependency I developed over the last year and a half,...
  • Hi everyone! My name is Jodie and I have recently discovered that I have a Codependency problem. I have been through multiple traumatic events in my life that I feel have contributed to my issue, but at my core I feel that this is really a problem in my life. I have noticed that I am constantly depending on my relationships to feel good about myself. My father was never a big part of my life and...
  • sassy767477

Hello

Hi,I am new here but, have known that I am codependent for about 15 years. I never really felt that it was an issue until recently. You see I have been in a "relationship" for a year and a half with a man that already has a girlfriend. I know this is terrible and is something I have never done until now. Of course he told me how they had been having problems and she is awful to him. Blah,...
  • heyvee

Ex Boyfriend.....

Hi All Haven't posted here in a while. I felt for a bit that I was recovering....like I was starting to feel better about my life and about my experiences with my ex. I even escaped to New York from California for two months just to clear my head. I went to every single museum and attraction. I even did things I would never do like eating alone at a restaurant or going to a bar alone..... But I...
  • 4mytasha

Am I going insane?

Well, wouldn't HE like THAT!?I'm sure it's been his goal the whole time I've been with him.I was with a Sociopath for 5.5 years and HE left ME.(?)In those years, he has lost everything with the latest being his house.He could have easily saved it by selling some of his junk but becuse he is also a hoarder, that was impossible for him to do.He has lived with me for free for the last 2 years.I...
  • I am becoming more and more depress every single day of my life. I have 3 wonderful kids who I should stay my focus on but because of my bad situation with my husband for the past few years I Know i haven't even been there for the kids instead.My husband have drugs and gambling problem. I follow him around making sure to clean up the mess he is creating but instead of helping him he makes me...
  • KittyP

Discoveries.....

Hello.....Goodness what a 24 hours of self discovery I seem to have had. My head is in a spin and I believe I need to stop and take a breath.....Thankfully I have stumbled upon this online group and I am hoping to gain further insight into co dependency. For years I have struggled with something I did not realise had a name, and am learning more about myself in my forties than I had ever...
  • Hi All.So I've been pulled in a million directions lately. It feels like everyone around me is pulling on me to do something for them, which makes finding space for myself exhausting/impossible. At times like this, I often reach out to people who are no good for me. I'm trying to resist this time and and write to all of you instead. I think there is a small victory in that.Thanks for letting me...