Codependency Support Group

Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others who are going through the same.

1 Online
  • salina

Article on codependency I found interesting

https://wapresticenter.wordpress.com/tag/over-responsible-for-others/
  • RGatesl

Should i wait?

I've known this wonderful women for 2 years and there has been a mutual attraction between us. Not with her directly but I asked friends of hers if she would be ready for a relationship. Was told she was working thru some pretty major things and she wasn't ready then. So I patiently waited. 2 and a half months ago she started flirting and we quickly grew close. Lots of positive from her and I...
  • purpleheart7

Need help

Please I really need some advise on how to end a codependant and emotionally abusive friendship. My friend has complete control over my life. We have been friends for over tens years and for the last five since I lost my mum my friend has started getting angry with me. She feels I do not care about her and if I do any slight thing to reinforce this to her, she gets ragingly angry at me and tells...
  • audio867

Helping

I (Male 34) just joined this site. My wife and I have been married 12 years. She is struggling from codependency. I am not sure how long she has been suffering but it is now coming to a peak. I need help. What resources can I read to become more informed? Do I back off and give her space to recover? I feel so lost. 
  • Pinkee1986

adjusting to a new way of life

We have been living with the actively alcohol drinker since July 9, 2016 and we will all go our separate ways on July 28,2017. This month i have been packing and giving stuff to goodwill. We havent used stuff in almost a year so my husband and i agreed to pass this stuff on to others who may be able to use it. The alcohol drinker only comes home to sleep once in awhile. She is job searching for...
  • Recovered

insecurities

Feelings of insecurity let me to accuse and blame my spouse unreasonably. I often realise that I can be unknownly be unfair andfearful about being rejected. Old feelings that comes to the surface I suppose. I resently read a book that claims that men havefeelings too, and that they love being respected adoured and loved. This has inspired me to act more appreciative towards him for allhe does for...
  • Rashell805

Narcissistic Husband

hi everyone, in my quest to heal from my childhood I've been going to therapy once per week.  My mom is a narcissist and I'm just now starting to see that my husband is also.  I'm a people pleaser, a push over.  Always have been.  In therapy we've been working on setting boundaries, well today I did and I feel proud.  My husband is very selfish and tends to think and act as if the world...
  • salina

Victimhood

One thing that has helped me process pain and resentment is getting out of the victim stance any time I feel triggered or hurt due to past relationships etc I say to myself 'I chose to not set boundaries, 'I chose to give this person more love respect and care then myself' ' I chose to ignore the red flags '  ... not in a self blaming way as codependents that's all we knew until we learned about...
  • Recovered

Step 1

We admitted we were powerless over our addiction.- that our lives had become unmanageable.As I study this I came to realise not only am I powerless over my addiction I am powerless over the actions of other people.This frees me of controlling others as well as taking responsability for decisions taken by them. Letting go and Let God makesme surrender my loved ones to the care of God and trusting...
  • alice29

I'm sabotaging my relationship..as always

Hi, I'm new here and I think it's a great opportunity to find a community of people to share.Sorry if my english is not perfect, I'm not a native speaker.I'm a codependent, I'm a doughter of an alchoolic and found that in my life there is always the same pattern. I meet a man, he falls madly in love with me, at the beginning of the relationship I acto normally, but there is a switching point...
  • Recovered

Just for today

Just for today I will be agreeable.  I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, keep my voice low, be courteous, criticize not one bit.I wont find fault with anything, nor try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.As a new day with different goals and challanges I will take only this one day and live it to its fullest. Although I feel like my life is suddenlyput under stress and worry...
  • Recovered

Recovered

As a relationship addict thats in recovery, I still need to sometimes take inventory of my shortcomings.  I still have the urge to helpothers and do things they can do for themselves.  I have started reading my 12 steps and Just for today in Alanon again and havereceived great comfort in it.  To want to change everything and everybody in one day is one of my biggest struggles lately....
  • Pinkee1986

Amends to myself

i am so quick to make amends to everyone but ME... I wasn't even aware to think of myself...yet I quickly live addicted to active alcoholics... I lose ME.... I look for myself in the mirror and found I had given MOST of myself away to unacceptable choices I made to live addicted to a dead soul... a crazed mind soaked in vodka...insane with deep sickness that craves only one thing obsessed with...
  • Pinkee1986

Freedom NO ONE can take MINE!

Today is better than yesterday emotional and my thought life is improving. My husband and I found a face to face Alanon codepency group on wed at 7pm. It so wonderful to have support and understanding in learning new ways to CHANGE for the better and to quit playing God in the lives of others who want to drink vodka with cirrhosis of liver and on liver mess and not eating... they are an adult and...
  • Pinkee1986

New thinking BEFORE I respond.

Hi today it was SUGGESTED that I stop and think what I am thinking about... so I prayed and MY Higher Power is Jesus... so I prayed to Jesus and asked for help NOT to think about the active alcoholic in my life... I wanted to be FREE to think about MY Higher Power and to help others addicted to people approval like me... then I remember my first Alanon meeting face to face on Nov 5, 1986... they...