Codependency Support Group

Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others who are going through the same.

3 Online
3 Online
  • Gosh, where do I start. I discovered this site this morning after typing in the search 'codependency support' and I'm so glad I've found it. I'm attending my first codependency support group meeting this morning. Well.....that's the intention as half of me is wanting to avoid it and hide. It's the anxiety, fear and lack of confidence and self esteem that gets me you see. Who's suggested I go?...
  • darlingdarling

Hey there

My name is Sarah. I am almost 25.i have built my life around malign other people happy. I had a very narcissistic volatile father and a very sweet codependent mother.i tried to take care of everyone else even though I was the youngest member of my family.i have no self confidence and I struggle with self hatred. But I'm glad I found this group! You guys don't know how at ease I feel among people...
  • in_cure

A very touching movie

I recently watched the film 'The forest for the trees', a story about a newbie schoolteacher who didn't have a clue about herself, and spins out of control in her new job. She becomes obsessed about a neighbor and tries disastrosuly to win her affection, while her job is a nightmare and feels she can't trust the one sympathetic colleague who might understand her. I found it really touching to see...
  • I have a very manipulate mother. She controls her children's decision making in life. I am her eldest child. My parents divorced when I was young. Since then, she would complain to me her feelings and I had to grow up to support her emotionally. I learned what to say to her and when to say to her. She is never wrong and I am constantly seeking for her approval and validation. I am now 30 years...
  • Whenever my wife has some issue, and it's usually work which has become toxic, I feel frozen and I can't enjoy myself and I'm always on edge feeling helpless and wanting to fix it/make it go away. Old stuff for sure but such a sickening feeling like I'm going to be blamed for not being supportive enough. That's my mom all over again and it's hard to separate those old feelings with today's...
  • Mizkarlet

chat

how do i begin? need help with this site...
  • I almost dont recognize myself and am ashamed that I have let myself become so co-dependent on someone else and my reliance on them for my happiness is not healthy. It is harmful to myself and has ruined my self- esteem and has now made my boyfriend begin to resent me as well. I am struggling with codependency and anxiety.Ever since I was little I would seek others approval or validation to feel...
  • So its been 4 weeks. 4 weeks today in fact.Some days I think Ive got this....other days I think I just have no future. Im nearly 50 and this is my 4th Divorce. I just keep repeating the same old mistakes. How can I stop this cycle?Most days I cry all day. For the silliest reason, in shops, in banks just sitting on the sofa....today I started crying in the library and the only thing I had to dry...
  • WvyNoodle

Codependent Introvert

I was in what I thought was the best relationship of my life. However, I didn't realize that what I interpreted to be "love" was more codependent issues and pushed my partner to a breaking point. Just an example: If I texted him good morning to be sweet and he didn't reply until the afternoon - I would get upset and start an unnecessary fight. I know I have unrealistic expectations that I am his...
  • Sunshine33

Starting recovery

This is my first post and first online group... Not really sure what to expect but let's try hey.I have recently broke up with my partner that started AA only 5 months ago and at the time I couldn't see why no matter what we tried it wouldn't work. Now I can see the alcoholism was a big contributer and also my co dependency. Firstly I need to say, I told hope in my heart that with both of us...
  • Hi y'all. I just joined, looking forward to hearing your stories and personal solutions/what has helped you. I am not looking for advice however, I get enough of that from my husband :) I have been struggling with codependency forever, and it has kept me from understanding myself at all. Everything I have done is flipped around, done outside-in, versus from inside out. I act based on what I...
  • I've realized that I have some codependent tendencies. Growing up I struggled to please my parents and gain their approval, which I think has probably lead to where I am now. In college I was in a relationship for two years- I was totally in love but also completely codependent. That ended about 10 months ago and I went through a period of time where it was the worst I've ever felt in my entire...
  • Brandy9852

New here!

Hi Group-I am new to this group, but I'm hoping that by reading things other folks post and by posting myself I can gain some insights. I never realized I was so unhappy and anxious, I knew something was wrong but I did not realize the issues were with myself. My wife got so mad at me one day and pretty much shoved the book 'Codependent No Nore' at me. Once I got over myself and started...
  • Hello,I just found this site. I'm still young(18) and don't know much about this but from what I can gather I believe I have a codependency problem. Yes.. Yes... I know most young adults tend to be somewhat codependent. But I really feel that it's more of a problem then just normal "teen stuff". When I was younger I never had a relationship with my mother. She was a drug addict, very...
  • mkelley

Hello all. I have finally decided to seek help for the codependency. I believe I have been this way my whole life. I had a stroke 4 years ago and it rocked my world. I was diagnosed with MS 2 years ago so dealing with ms and being a codie makes for a pretty sad existence. I have no meeting in my area and have just started the first step on my own. It is very difficult to be so honest with...