Codependency Support Group

Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others who are going through the same.

2 Online
  • Patience1970

New to this

I'm married to an alcoholic.  we have been married for 27 years.  I love everything about him except his alcohol use daily.  I am tired of fighting it.  I feel alone, even though I  know God  has walked beside me.  
  • JosefPronek

Just Hit Me

It just hit me what codependency actually is.  Going through divorce which has made me rethink everything I know (or thought I knew) about relationships.  And man... yea... it's been a real mess.  I always did/do so much for other people, then felt bitter and resentful that no one could reciprocate.  But now I see, well, why would they?  They were getting what they thought they needed at my...
  • Hi, I have been doing some deep work in my life tracing a lot of the reasons for my codependency back to my relationship with my parents primarily my mother and the dysfunction amongst my 4 other siblings in my family. Recently, the awareness has been painful with emotions of anger and sadness and guilt arising on a daily basis. I have felt more guarded almost untrusting to my family. I am...
  • Patience1970

Thank you

Thanks for your support.  I'm going to an alanon meeting.  we live so far out in the country, I have to go 2 towns over to find one at 7pm .   I don't want to break down and cry and be upset.  maybe I will just listen tonight.  I'm nervous.  also, I wonder what  my husband will think?
  • mimsy

IMPENDING CODEPENDENT REACTIVITY!!!

I stated this in a response already,   It am learning how this forum works just today. :)Anyway,  I have trauma related to past abuse from an addict ....  and am almost certain (he's said as much), that my alcoholic boyfriend is going to drink today after a firm commitment to and two months of sobriety.   So many triggers this sets off in me,  but when his addiction is taking over, he...
  • mirandac

EMDR

How long does emdr typically take, i was told itsshort term like how long? I was told sometime this month therapist will have an opening. I was thinking of going away first two weeks in december i have not bought the tickets yet.Onto another codie subjectI started watching john bradshaw videos on youtubewow are they good. I was looking into shame and he popped up and lisa romano talks about...
  • phoenixfel

Rough holiday

Anyone else struggling this Thanksgiving? I recently moved out of my home after a long-term breakup. Might as well be a divorce. Our son was stillborn last year and everything went downhill after that. I'm having a hard time adjusting to being alone. I started therapy a month ago and have been learning about how I have codependency. I have bad anxiety and struggle with panic attacks. Moving out...
  • JnJ

I love him so much it hurts!

After countless times to try to help my husband with his many addictions and failing, I went into therapy to try to help myself.  On the first day of therapy, I said something that I have felt so often in the past 18 years of my marriage.  I love him so much it hurts.  My therapist gave me a book to read.  It's called Women Who Love Too Much by: Robin Norwood.  I swear this book was written...
  • Hi, I was wondering if codependents attract people with personality disorders.  Do people with personality disorders feel inclined to be with codependents?  Thank you for your thoughts.  
  • 3,663Members< Back to All PostsSuper Awkward Thanksgiving Plan with MIL....Posted by: jojored about 10 hours ago Mood: Ok Hi all, just wondering who else has super awkward Thanksgiving plans?  My mother-in-law is not traveling out of state this year, as she has for the past many years, and she has no one else in state to go visit on Thanksgiving.  She's coming here, to my house.  Dinner...
  • nowornever

Hello...

I am new to this site and am have just recently separated from my wife, who is a borderline. I am a codependent our relationship starting off was the best relationship ive ever been in. Now, 3 years later we are separating because she doesnt want to be married and a step mom to my son anymore. She leaves to start her new life on Thursday. I am so heart broken i feel hopless and broken. No really...
  • My adult child and family are having financial difficulties. They want to stay with us for a short period of time but my spouse am not comfortable with the idea. I have somehow insinuate that but I didn't come right out and say 'no'! I get the feeling they got the hint...so now what? Just leave it alone or be more clear on my feelings? 
  • POI098lkj

Codependency and relationships

So about 6months ago I broke up with my partner of 3 years because I felt that the relationship wasn't working out right. After reflecting on offer a while, I started to realise that I was codependent in this relationship. I then begun reading about it and after a while, thought that I was no longer codependent. Recently, a friend of mine and I started to get more intimate and now I see my...
  • ForeverRecovery

Advice Urges

Hey, today after speaking with my family and my sister (drama), I have been struggling with fighting the urge on giving unwanted advice. I want to text, post, write letters, all to justify me trying to give advice. I need to let it goooo, but its hard...
  • phoenixrising16

Progress

Although I'm not at a stage where I can say I have completely healed from the hurt caused by the end of my toxic relationship with my ex, I can say I'm happy to proclaim I'm finally at a stage where I am conciously taking steps towards detachment. In the past, I've ruminated over how alone I felt and allowed myself to stay in a grey area with him, even though it was damaging to me. I was too...