Codependency Support Group

Codependency is defined as someone who exhibits too much, and often inappropriate, caring for another person's struggles. A codependent person may try to change, or feel shame about their most private thoughts and feelings if they conflict with the other person's struggles. If you are on a journey towards self-love, this support group is for you. Join us and find others who are going through the same.

2 Online
  • Cheetah12

My dysfunctional boss.

Hi all,I'm new here but I just wanted to post about my boss. He is a Sex Addict I'm sure of it, because he lives with his partner and they have two teenage daughters but he can't stop talking about making out with all the other women who come into our shop. He just goes on and on to us about all the pretty ladies who come into our shop.Anyway he is making my life hell because he is always getting...
  • mirandac

Alcoholism and having children

Dandelion, most of the time thats what we know And come from ourselves. My father stopped Drinking after he had shock treatments when i was maybe seven. He was basically a good guy really Just weak and started Drinking more to cope with too many kids Too fast and a Very difficult wife. It was my dysfunctional mother that did most of the damage to us not him. He did abandon us though.He left...
  • birdsetfree

divorce leads to codependency realization

I have always been unhappy and felt empty for as long as I can remember. Starting as a teen I was never not in a relationship. I would gte hurt/left and it would defeat me but then would jump into the next one. I have lived life for the past 10 years on "cruise" not unhappy but feeling empty/void. I have been working on myself and the first step in my eyes was to see a therapist to make myself...
  • lynnc

Recovering Co-dependent

Hi all,Back story, im a recovering co-dependent who grew up with a mother and sister who had Narcissistic personality disorder (both possibly also had borderline personality disorder).I'm recently engaged to a WONDERFUL forgiving man and I finally admitted to my fiancé ALL of my lies about my sexual past. I've told him before I was telling him everything, twice in fact, but I lied and hid...
  • Dandelion

Going No Contact With Parents

Why do I feel guilty because I don't want anything to do with them?I want to detach myself from them, not feel like we owe each other anything, and never think about them again.Is this normal?  I need to break free from their toxic bullshit.
  • mlr0853

feeling rather pleased

Dear son has not lived at home for the past 17 months...we no longer could remain safely under the same roof...long story. I've been Working Really hard on my boundaries with him, to not surcome to codependent behavior of 'reacting', 'controling' and 'fixing'. Not an easy thing to change after being a single parent for 20 years!The other day I was contacted by his therapist with the request for a...
  • beatingtheblues2

Really sad tonight

I'm sorry if this is not 100% clear, but I'm too emotional to put all of the details in a post right now. All I want to say is that I've recently come to the conclusion that I've been in a co-dependent relationship for years. Even though I've sort of known it all along, I just couldn't stop it because I feel that I have no emotional support elsewhere. Now, 7 years later, I'm 1100 miles away from...
  • mirandac

What is a codependent

A codependent most often comes from a dyfunctional and/or abusive family. The child did not get their developmentalneeds met. The parents did not teach the child healthymodeling. Many times there is addiction and codependency issues,MH isssues, checked out parent for whatever reason. The child learns not to trust their perceptions and to Keep their family life a secret to the outside...
  • mlr0853

Unhealthy Codependent Relationships

I've found over the years, I am no longer willing to ""read"" minds.Communication:Plain, simple, be honest, with respect.You don't understand something: ask.As codependents, our type of 'controlling is very deceitful and manipulative''.We Help, but the help is not given freely.We Want our "unasked for advice/opinions" to be used.We Want our help to be reciprocated/We Carry Resentment when ""our...
  • BeccaM71

its not butterflies, its anxiety - so true!

Just joined because i need others to help me pull it together , i am seriously going thru some sort of mid life crisis.   I am 45 yo, single mom of 4 kids, 2 older teens, 2 adults and i have had so many up and downs since the divorce with real/not-real love relationships that i have really sunk to a new low but i TRULY dont care, i have come to conclusion that i have Love/addiction issues with...
  • Dandelion

Fair Weather Friends

This was an expression when I was growing up.People who were always around when things were good to reap the benefits, but whenever you needed something they made themselves scarce I was taught this is not the kind of friend you wanted.Fast forward to the age of a slew of self appointed experts in forums, on YouTube and writing half assed books to capitalize on the suffering of others, and we're...
  • melylo777

Evil cycle causing possible divorce

i am going thru a rough time with my husband right now. We both have been unhappy for awhile, we have two little kids. Life gets so busy I forget to put me first. I hold a lot of resentment towards him for leaving me at home with the kids while he goes out, making me feel alone (my parents were divorced) When we do go out together and drink, my resentment oozes out and we always end up in a...
  • kandi78

Transference Help...PLEASE!!

I already know I do this!!  I do this with mother figures and project my needs on women who I feel exhibit the nurturing loving qualities a mother would.  The mother figure i project onto never knows of the attachment I have made.  It's unconscious and I have a lot of self imposed shame and self judgment about it.  Any one know how I can go about finding a therapist who deals with this issue?...
  • blcoda

Struggling

I've been married for 38 years. When we got married, there was no such thing as sex addiction. And, there was nothing that he did that was worse than what my father did. So, I was the perfect "stick my head in the sand" codependent. I have been working on creating boundaries and sticking to them.As recommended in SA, we had 'full disclosure' with a therapist in December. He is working recovery....
  • italiangirlylala

Progressing in healthy communication

First time poster!Ive most recently been in a rut when it comes to digging deeper on my Self work. Feeling I have attained many helpful tools to maintain a more positive lifestyle, I find myself reverting back to this one stage of stagnation in my communication.I definitely have my reactive days still, where I am triggered, usually not understanding where a person is coming from with their ways...