Agoraphobia & Social Anxiety Support Group

Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder, often precipitated by the fear of having a panic attack in a setting from which there is no easy means of escape. As a result, sufferers of agoraphobia may avoid public and/or unfamiliar places. In severe cases, the sufferer may become confined to their home, experiencing difficulty traveling from this "safe place."

1 Online
  • wheretheredwoodsgrow

Travel

im so nervous. I'm traveling alone and on a plane for many hours. The thought of being cramped in sitting next to people I don't know makes me so nervous and uncomfortable. Even getting up to go use the restroom standing in line over people makes me panic. This time I think I'm going to get a seat right next to the bathroom so I can just go and not wIt in line. But then that means there will be a...
  • e.j.c

Bad day

I had multiple Panic Attacks today. They were over little things as well. My brother had been tapping his hands and being loud, loud noises can trigger my anxiety, and I kindly asked him to stop. He then retorted by laughing at me and saying I had no patience. I got very upset and threw a bottle, leaving the room without doing my chores which only made me get in more trouble. My family hardly...
  • VegAthLes

Social (media) anxiety

I like Facebook. I'm in a few groups and they allow me to be social and get support and have conversations without having to be face-to-face, which is really hard for me. But at the same time, I still have anxiety about being active on social media, especially when it comes to others posting about me or posting pictures of me. I know my wife and in-laws post because they love me and they're...
  • 123subscriber321

Afraid of people

I'm afraid of people. People in general, all types of people. I'm afraid to get close to people because I fear they will abandon me. I've been abandoned so much that I've started to abandon others myself. It's unfortunate. By avoiding and isolating myself from others I've definitely avoided some bad but I have also missed out on some really good things that could have happened. I'm scared now. I...
  • Nienna92

Unkind Co-workers

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting here, but I need to get something off my chest. I've been substitute teaching at a preschool since January and all of the teachers who I work with absolutely hate me. I've seen (and heard) them all talk about me when they think I don't notice and today was another one of those days. I can't help but cry about it. I'm incredibly kind, playful, and...
  • Fly304

Dealing with severe social anxiety

Hi, this is my first post here.Ive lived with anxiety all my life. Always had some measure of social anxiety but it seemed to become severe as i got older. Living through more use and abuse of people i became so unsure of myself, wanting to belong, but having that old sense of worthlessness dig deep, till i believed. i became agoraphobic. I felt like as soon as i stepped out, all eyes were on me....
  • ritkat

I speak when I shouldn't

I am so anxious. It's only Facebook and it's people I don't know that live in town. I asked for a recommendation for boarding my dog for a night on the town's page. I got lots of recommendations, but 2 dogs were mauled at one of the places. The owner was posting that her dogs died at that kennel and there are plenty of news articles pointing to the fact that they died. One of the people responded...
  • kiera9102

Please help can't take much more being bullied by

I feel like I have nothing left, like everything is my fault but I don't know if it is or not or how to fix any of it. I'm making myself sick thinking of everything I feel sick in the mornings and don't want to go to school when I'm at school I end up going to the bathroom to cry or go to the counselor to get out of class it all started back in November when my cousin who I have grew up with and...
  • LoganGray

I have to leave the house everyday...

I have to leave the house everyday... It hurts so much to leave... to take those few steps out the door everyday to see so many poeple and to get made fun of... to get treated like trash and thrown away... i cant take much more...
  • Ali27

Why do Ifeel the need to be what people expectOfMe

I'm so scared to change, I want to be the real me every day, to talk without worrying what other people think of it. Or do anything without worrying what they think. But for some reason I can't go outside of what they expect of me. I have a few close friends but I'm scared im going to lose them because of this, I want to chat and talk and goof around with them, but i can't without stopping and...
  • Fragmented

Learned something today....

I've had agoraphic tendencies and anxiety since I was a very small child.  I came to understand that today while I was with my counselor.  This was my first visit and it went pretty well.  I have a sense of hope I didn't have before. As we talked and touched on my childhood I realized that as young as 4 or 5 I preferred being alone.  I didn't like to go outside.  I didn't like to play with...
  • trm

Social anxiety

I never noticed how shy I was around people until my divorce. I am ok when I am one on one with my friends but when we're all together it's like I don't know how to get in the conversation and look so out of place . One of my friends is really outgoing (which she wasn't before) and just takes over the conversation. I love my friend and we're great when it's just her and I but I don't like to go...
  • Abbigail94

Hi Everyone,I've recently been diagnosed with agoraphobia, panic disorder, and social anxiety. My psychologist spends a lot of time reaffirming that what I’m feeling is normal and it’s so refreshing to hear those reaffirmations! Has anyone else struggled with validation, feeling like what you’re going though is so strange you must be the only one feeling this way? How have your explained...
  • sminn

social anxiety

I've constantly had an issue with being surrounded with people. Within the past couple years, though, I've been struggling a lot more. I can't bring myself to checkout by myself, and I have mini panic attacks when I'm waiting in a line with money. I'm constantly worried about what's going to happen next. It's been a struggle):
  • Finsanity

Help with a friend?

How do I know when I'm forcing a friendship? And when it's going to be determinetal to me that I'm accepting a lousy friendship?Well you see I'm a bit of a loner. And I've grown up not being around a lot of friends or if I have they have all been poisonous relationships. And after awhile I just kind of accepted anyone who was nice to meSo I made the decision to join a fraternity last semester,...