Agoraphobia & Social Anxiety Support Group

Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder, often precipitated by the fear of having a panic attack in a setting from which there is no easy means of escape. As a result, sufferers of agoraphobia may avoid public and/or unfamiliar places. In severe cases, the sufferer may become confined to their home, experiencing difficulty traveling from this "safe place."

0 Online
  • shysadguy

The struggle

Somedays are tougher than others right? ive used this site on and off for a good few years now. in the past it has helped me relize that i am not the only one going through this struggle, which can really help your mood in that instant. but  the unending anxiety  is brutal at times.   Just going down the road to the  shop is a struggle for me at the moment. i guess im just hopeful a little...
  • Sarasoccer01

I need Somone

My social anxiety is so bad. I have gotten to the point where I hate going in public beacause I hate when people judge me. My dad always tells me I'm not anti-social and it's just my mind telling me that and my mom laughs at me. I know I am and I hope someone else who can relate can talk to me please. I just need Somone to talk to 
  • question

Hello, and Lonely...

Hi everyone. I guess I came here too because I thought you guys might understand this better than people in any other support group, as it's sort of a social anxiety thing, and I have bad social anxiety...You know when you're incredibly lonely, but you don't want to talk to anyone for fear you will bother them? I hate that. I felt more comfortable posting here than bothering too many other...
  • scaredsnowball

Introduction

Hi I'm Lauren, I have frequent panic attacks and anxiety. I cannot leave my bed, my room or my house. Any ideas? 
  • kelli333

Agoraphobia

I have severe agoraphobia, I can't leave my room. I'm lonely and depressed with constant anxiety. I can't drive because I get a panic attack. I'm just so tired of my life. I feel like I have no fight left in me.
  • glimmeringsun

Social anxiety and resulting unemployment!

I turn 24 next month and have never held any one job for longer than about a month due to social anxiety. Usually, I get overwhelmed and simply decide not to return to the job (without notice). On one occasion, during training, I pretended to go outside for a cigarette (I don't even smoke) and darted down the street until I was out of sight. Did I go back? Of course not - I went straight home,...
  • Hushmail Customer Service Phone Number  1866-866-2369 available 24/7 hours for best technical services. Call us at Hushmail Customer Service Number 1-866-866-2369 provided by us in USA & Canada.  You can enjoying fast accessing mail services at hushmail customer service number in case of hacking or can’t be open account, can’t send mail, account hacked etc. We are accessible 24*7 round the...
  • dothe

Social anxiety

Hi all,I am new to this group and have struggled for a while with social anxiety.  It is really odd because I am a very social person but deep down I have so much anxiety about going places that I come up with excuses to not go.  Mostly because of my fear of being judged or not being good enough or liked enough. When these social situations come up, I will avoid them at all costs.  Faking...
  • SMR

Hello

Hello!  I am new to the group. I have been living with social anxiety since childhood. I think in my early childhood I was confident, but I was bullied in elementary school and I think that is the root of my social anxiety, along with learned behavior, since my mother suffers from social anxiety pretty severely. I am trying to improve in this way. I do long for more social engagement and to...
  • piscesgal

Too happy to leave

Sooo I've been at home a lot lately, which is a new feeling. I was working full time until an event happened and now I don't have a job in the meantime and leaving my house is terrifying... but I can admit being at home almost everyday is making me so happy. I do so much when I'm at home. I clean, cook, play with my pups, read, or draw! I genuinely don't feel as depressed as I did when I worked....
  • jaib

leaving home?

I was just looking for infomation on leaving home when you are agrophobic and found this site. I started going out less and less when i was 16 and by 18 was completely house bound, for the last year and a bit ive been doing exposure therapy and i can now get about a 10-15 minute walk from my house, still with plenty of anxiety but im trying to manage. I was just wondering if anyone had moved out...
  • healthseeker

Does anyone have coping tips or suggestions

I just wondered if anyone on this site has gotten healed from agoraphobia.  Even if it is just a partial healing, what did you do to get healed?  Or maybe people just have coping strategy tips.  I'd love to hear any advice at all.
  • cassichase

Can't Concentrate

I've been helping at kids camp this week at my church and the activities have messed up my mind. It's like I'm in shock or something. Sunday will be the last day, but I'm so afraid of not being able to messure up to the other leaders. One of them I used to teach when she was younger. I used to be a very good ballet dancer and teacher, but I have gotten everything. My mental illness has caused me...
  • hometo

Ways To Cope With Agoraphobia

It is not easy to live life with agoraphobia. Chores, errands, and responsibilities like work, kids, and medical appointments seem like easy tasks to carry out, but when you suffer from agoraphobia, these tasks can be grueling and sometimes impossible. If you suffer from symptoms of agoraphobia it is important that you learn positive, productive coping strategies to manage your anxiety and...
  • aliens225

Social anxiety tips??

Hi, I have social anxiety and it keeps me from doing things I want to do. For example, I had joined band for 3 years and it was great. I had a lot of people who played the same instruments as I did. I felt comfortable. This year, a bunch of people quit, so it was few people. Every time I have to play in front of people I get really nervous and I end up messing up or playing timid. A bunch of...