Infidelity Support Group

Any relationship in which one partner engages willfully in sexual relations with another outside of the partnership is considered to have experienced infidelity. This breach of trust is often traumatizing for the faithful partner as well as the relationship, and support is often needed to heal emotionally and to decide whether or not the relationship should continue after the transgression.

1 Online
  • Blindside

Not sure I will ever forgive him

Almost 8 months since Dday. I thought by now I would be feeling happier and sure of my decision to fight for this marriage. One day I feel good about my choice to let him move back in and try and forgive him. Then the very next day I’ll look over at him and wonder what the fuck I’m doing allowing this cheating, lying, asshole a chance at a life with us when he through it all away. My husband...
  • Magola

What lies ahead?

I noticed in a lot of responses of people who are much further from D-day, that there is a common thread. It seems like a lot of people are going through the motions, but their trust and even love seems to not be there. I see a lot of apathy towards the cheating partner. Do you think this is a normal part of recovering? I'm just feeling like if I'm at 10,11,12 months feeling like that, what's the...
  • nowheknowswhathelikes

Blindsided but hopeful (but am I sane?)

Sincere apologies in advance for how long this will be. I don't know how to tell the story without the backstory.My wife and I have been married for more than 20 years. We got married way too young, at 20, and had 4 kids by the time we were 30.  We were emotionally immature and got in way over our heads without being able to grow up or work on our own issues. By the 3rd or 4th year of our...
  • Talkitout

1st post. Girlfriend of 5 years cheated on me.

Hi Everyone,I've read through some posts and it looks like we have some people here willing to offer some useful advice and moral support. I am hoping some of you will take the time to offer the same to me.Long story, short: I found out 3 months ago that my girlfriend of 5 years spent 3 months carying on an affair with a man she works with. They would go out drinking with a group of work...
  • Adieo

Advice. I don’t know what to do

i have posted here a coup,e of times already.  I have been trying to work it out with my CH for six months and it’s been really tough.  We have both been through hell.  Any way I finally decided I couldn’t take it any more about three weeks ago and told him it was over.  He went to live in a hotel.  During this time we talked on the phone and met for a couple of lunches which were very...
  • sunbearflower

perfect husband turned out to be pedophile

hi, my name is beth. just a month ago my husband admitted to me he was unfaithful in a "affair" he was having with my niece. i told him it couldnt be an affair, she is just a child, that he needed some serious mental help. in some not so nice words and tone of voice. he told me "i love her like i love you and i cant help my feelings".....those words have stuck with me and for some reason i cant...
  • VeryLostSoul

I don't know how to start over

My story is long I'll save you the boring but let you know the cheating started early in the marriage . I forgave as we had just had a son and we're pregnant with baby 2 . And he said he wanted to stay with his family . The stress of the affair caused me to lose the baby at 6 months along . Fast forward yrs many pregnancis and miscarriages. ..and weight gain . Then I'm told I can't carry children...
  • heartache5

Did your partner completely stop lying after D-day

Wondering if anyone who worked things out with their cheating partner has had any issues with ongoing small lies. We all know that cheaters are damn good lyers. Im working things out, 5 months since D-day. Im at this moment 100% sure he is not lying about anything cheating related, but today I caught a little lie about something small and completely not cheating related, but definatley showed...
  • Joy.Grusky

Post from a cheater...

I do not want pity, I just want to share my experience thus far.So it’s been about 7 weeks since D-Day and I'm at a breaking point. My BS swears that he wants to work things out and even now he insists that is what he wants. I have been trying to take the steps suggested for the cheating spouse, I have cut all contact with AP, I'm practicing radical honesty, I try to listen to what he says, I...
  • Magola

Oct. 22nd Seems like a Lifetime Ago

This week was a series of events that's leading somewhere.  There was more calm.  There was one explosive fight. I came into the basement to find that he was texting her. He said it was to get his music equipment back from the bar.  All of the air was sucked out of the room. All of it.  I texted her back "stay away from my husband whore".  I'm not sure why I thought that would do anything. ...
  • ab-123

Bitter

I haven’t written in a long time. I feel that my experience has made me very bitter about love. What happened to monogamy? Can’t two people just be together and be faithful to each other? I feel like true love and faithfulness doesn’t exist and it’s only stuff you see in movies. I feel like there’s no such thing has a happy ending. I feel like cheating has become something that’s so...
  • lostwife

My Husband Has a Secret Gay Life

hi. I’m reaching out in hopes of some support and clarification. I think that my husband married me to cover up him really being gay. I’m only discovering this after I started the divorce process. He doesn’t know that I’ve discovered this. I was very unhappy through my entire 4 year marriage. My husband pulled away by week 2. He would not engage sexually and would say he was tired,...
  • ab-123

Sad

Feeling sad today. In my last post I wrote about how my experience made me bitter about love. I still feel bitter about love. When I see couples happy together and all in love the phrase “gag me with a spoon comes to mind”. But deep down, I want love. I want someone. I want to be in love, I want someone to be happy with. I want someone to go home to and to wake up next to in the morning. I...
  • OnlineIsKillingMe

Online Is Killing Me

Hi Everyone,This is my first post.  I'm 38 years old, married for 8 years, father of two young girls (2 and 4 years old).  My wife is 38.  About 2 months ago she told me that she had signed up for a dating site, met someone and they talked for a few weeks online.  She states she never met him (I sort of believe).  This all came about after one night she asked to talk to me and laid out the...
  • LRP

Phone call from God.

I am not an overly religious person, but I believe God reached out to me tonight in a very bizarre way.  My husband cheated with a woman he started up a business with.  We have been trying to fix things and he promised there was not contact.  He was heading back to work when he accidentially butt-dialed me while he was talking to one of his friends.  The first thing I heard is his comment...