Coming Out Support Group

This community is dedicated to the challenges that gay men and lesbian women face, both between the partners in a relationship and from other influences (family, society, etc.). Find support and talk to others who may be facing the same challenges, and share your experience.

0 Online
  • Honorius

I'm new

im a 14 year old gay boy and I'm new to all of this. But I want to come out but my family is 100% anti gay and I don't know what to do. Please help
  • alexander.is.trans

My dad ignored my last two ways of coming out...

Recently, I had tried to come out to my father about being ftm trans. I asked for the transgender flag. He was so oblivious to what i was saying. Then, I typed out what I wanted to say and he asked me why I would want something like that and i typed it out and sent it. My dad seemed to not even read it. It was my life long struggle with femine clothes, femine toys, and makeup. I still wear some...
  • lincoinp

Came out but not being accepted

I came out to being transgender but none of my friends and parents sliblings and my family don't support me why do I do? Help 
  • ilove2eat123

I'm not gay but my sibling is.

I need an opinion from someone else. I'm not gay/coming out, my brother recentley did. I am straight, and have always been very accepting of people who are gay. My brother is 30 years old and has dated girls, has never made it seem like he has liked men, etc etc., so when he did come out, it was very surprising. and the way he came out to my family and I was just in the oddest way possible. at...
  • kailikespie

Not sure if lesbian

Im a 15 year old female. I have crushes who are male, but for some reason, I just feel... sexually attracted, I guess is the word, to girls. I want to get married, and have children, and everything like that. But, I want to have a relationship with another female. I know that it doesn't really fit with the "Coming Out" group, but it's the only group for Lesbian and Gay. What I'm asking for help...
  • MichaelB93

Need someone to talk to - coming out

Hey everyone, my name is Michael.Let me begin when this all started:At around 9th grade (age 14), I began to realize I had some sort of attraction to other guys. At the time, because I was still young, I did not fully understand it meant I was gay. As I went through my high school years, I doubted even the slightest chance It was possible (thinking to myself "~this couldn't happen to me~") but...
  • triangle78

A little late

About 6-7 months ago I came out, at age 37, and after being married to a man for 16 years. I have received so much love and support from everyone I know except my parents and sibling. I'm feeling lost and broken, after making the biggest discovery of my life. My ex and I are on good terms and working together to be the best parents we can be. My girlfriend is the best. I finally feel comfortable...
  • Someones_Mother

Just found out today ...

I am a mother of an adult son that just told me today that he is bi-sexual and loves to wear girls clothes.  He does not live with my husband and I.  I do not judge as he is my son and I will always be the biggest supporter for any choices he makes.  We are a God fearing family that does not regularly go to church but this is definately a conflict for me and he has let me know it is for him as...
  • heyitserin

Coming out

Hi! So i am bisexual and i havent come out to my parents yet becuase everytime i try to i can't do it and i'm scared they will judge me and sruff. Could someone please help me about how to tell my mum and dadThanks Erin
  • Bowbow_2448

I'm scared to come out

I'm scared to come out but I feel like it's eating me up inside I just keep on pushing it down and saying to my self maybe I'm just making this up or something is it ok to feel this way I'm really scared and I was hoping tomorrow (8/8/16) I can tell my three closest friends but what if I puss out I don't want to but I do if that makes sense 
  • Tgal53

Moving forward

Hi, I am a 45 yo biological male, female gendered, who has been married 23 years to the same woman, who I Iove dearly. After crossdressing for most of my life, I decided last year to tell her I am transgender and that I needed to address it somehow. I don't actually know if dressing sometimes would help to ease my gender dysphoria or if I would one day want to transition to female in all aspects...
  • divineElbo

Coming Out

Hello everyone. I am 22 years old.  I have tried my best to stay strong, tried time and time again to convince myself that I am something that I am not, partially for social acceptance, but I think partially because I need to accept myself.  I hope I can do that here.  To my friends and family I have built a system of fronts to exploit the appearance of my heterosexuality.  To myself, and to...
  • NaroLonca

out and in my 30s

Not sure if this is the right place or not but i am 33 and only came out a year ago. I spent my whole life trying to be "straight" but it just left me empty inside. But now that i am finally out it seems like all the resources putbthere are for people coming out in there teens and early twenties. I have no clue where to find help or resources and dont really have many contacts to the lgbt...
  • Hi I'm a 40 yr gay woman who lives a very private life. I have a young male friend I have helped in the last 7 months. I have become very close to his grandmother. This young man comes from a very broken home and his father kicked him out of the house. He now lives with his grandmother and grandfather. Asked him why he did not live with his mother he stated she  did not want to in the marriage....
  • golaura

coming out

I have came out to a few friends recently but most of the time I was drunk when I admitted it and I regret it. None of them have been judgemental about it and all of them seem to be okay with it but I realized that I'm not okay with being bisexual because my mom isn't very supportive of LGBT people, she has said discriminating things about them to me in the past. I know she'd never be okay with...