Coming Out Support Group

This community is dedicated to the challenges that gay men and lesbian women face, both between the partners in a relationship and from other influences (family, society, etc.). Find support and talk to others who may be facing the same challenges, and share your experience.

0 Online
  • Goodash

My Story

Hey guys!  I just joined this group and would like to share my story. When I was a teenager, I met and was in a "relationship" with a girl. We tried to hide it but our parents found out and tried to stop it. In my late teen years, my mother moved us away from the town I grew up in so that forced my girlfriend and I to go our separate ways. Eventually, I married a man and had a child. During the...
  • baristajedi

Feeling there's something wrong with me

Hi there,I'm new. A brief background about me; I'm a gay woman, I came out of the closet just 2 years ago, at 36. I was married and we have a little girl. A year after coming out, we decided to separate, but for practical reasons lived together for another year. I met a woman after we separated and things got serious and now we've moved in together.its a lot of happy progress and steps forward;...
  • donovich

Coming out to my dad...

First, slightly complex background. I am struggling with my sexuality. I say polysexual but I'm really just into guys and agender folk. More comfortable with Polysexual though since that isn't always true. I came out as FTM trans and want to transition to male but am agender (subgender to be exact). So long story short, I'm mostly just a gay guy.My dad and I aren't close at all. He came into my...
  • WhenMiceAttack

Lesbian in a Hetero relationship...

Hey, everyone... I need help and someone to talk to. So I guess it's story time (sorry it's long).I've always been emotionally attracted to men and physically attracted to women. I've been with my husband for 10 years, married 5, and we have a 2 year old daughter. I met him when I was 16 and fell for him before I had really had any time to explore my sexuality. A few years into dating, I told...
  • fridanyc

Coming out to my son

I came out to my 9 yr old son about 2 weeks ago. I did not use the word gay or lesbian but I tell him that my partner and I are more than friends that we love each other and care about each other alot. He became upset during the conversation and initially shut down. When I asked why he was so mad he said because its weird and because he just wants us to be best friends. I told him that there...
  • justOwen

Boyfriend Troubles on the Horizon

I'm currently questioning my gender identity. Wondering how I should tell my boyfriend that I wanna be a man, not the girl he's loved for almost a year and has had a child with. He says he'll always love me for my soul and not my body but does that apply if I'm switching genders and completely turning all of our worlds' upside down? Need some feedback, ideas or how you came out to your s/o....
  • Maddy95

Sexually harassed after coming out.

Can I ask a serious question please?I'm fresh out the closet I'm only out online not to my friends or family yet so I'm a bit clueless and felt like I was transitioning into a werewolf when it became impossible to suppress being a lesbian.Question is:Did any of you get sexually harassed by men alot after coming out?This past month a 62 year old hit on me and turned verbally very nasty when I...
  • livingly

Coming out when I date

Im thinking of coming out to my family when I start dating the tricky thing is I don't know when that will happen. 
  • mlr0853

I NEED HELP!!!!!

My friend is not waking up from surgeryShe has cancerI need prayers for her WobbleI need Prayers for Weeble her friend this is her wifePLEASE Pray for God's Will For The Greatest GoodThank you!!!
  • AWorriedDude

I need my friend to live a better life

So, to start off, I have a friend who lives in turkey and I met him online. We have been good friends for a while. He wants to be transgender, but hid family and his country would abuse him for even being gay. I really want to help out my friend and I have no idea of what I should do. He is seventeen, becoming extremely depressed, and needs help. He had just recently told his family that he...
  • AlyAnn

I need advice please.

For the longest time I've told myself that I like guys and I want to be with them and not girls but I always tend to find myself wanting a girl and not a man. Maybe I'm just lying to myself to please everybody around me.. But I've been questioning for a long time what if I am really a lesbian that's just been trying to lie to herself. 
  • LetsBeFree4

Questioning & confused... advice please!

I’m a 20 something female and I identify as female. I’ve never been in a relationship but I’m confused about who I would want to be with. I’ve been sexually attracted to men in the past, have had a few crushes, but I also find myself imagining what it would be like with a woman, can’t recall any female crushes. I don’t know if that’s because I’ve never been with either… or if...
  • jennbeth

Mental health,Lost with identity and no support.

I grew up a seriously rough childhood with all the above types of abuse. Sexual,physical,mental and emotional abuse. I have constantly had things happen to me and never feel like I can catch a break in life. My first ever sexual encounter on my own was when I was 5 years old with my best friend,my partner in crime and my confidant. Well I got taken away from my mom to live with my father at 5...
  • Henley79Lone

Married and confused

Married to a pretty decent guy. But, having feelings about my sexuality. I considered myself bi most of my life. (Although, I never came out to family) I've been through so much.... The last five years or so have been the most stable I've been... And I've been sorting myself out. Wrestling with demons... Past abuse... I think I'm gay. I haven't had sex with my husband in months and we rarely have...
  • acfig

LGB Research

Hello Everyone! I am bisexual woman in graduate school. I didn't 'come out' until my late 20s after being married to man and having a set of twins. I am now married to my wife who I have been with for over 10 years.As a graduate student at Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) in psychology/gerontology I am working on my thesis on an LGB topic. My target population is 'out' men and women age...