Women who Love too Much Community Group

WHEN BEING IN LOVE, MEANS BEING IN PAIN... This group is to help women through the journey of realizing they can love themselves. To help realize that they are capable of having a happy, healthy, whole relationship and break the cycle of abuse and heartache from loving emotionally unavailable men.

1 Online
  • yogalove594

Should I stay or should I go?

Aragh! I just need some feedack on my situation. This will help me just by typing my feelings down and getting it all out. I have been seeing a man for almost 2 years this Summer. I knew him 20 years ago and we had a fling then, our chemistry and passion has always been intense!! Thus when we reconnected the flames fanned higher and higher but now I feel the burn of his personality and feel he...
  • penseuse

Need feedback: a text after a month of silence

I need some feedback and/or tough love.I have been working pretty hard at letting go of a man that I had been dating for about 3 months, let's call him J. This was by no means one of these "love of my life" relationships, but for several reasons the breakup affected me to the core. It was abrupt, emotional, and harsh. When he called me and broke it off a month ago, his final thought was: "I know...
  • TheProofer

I'm in a bad way....

I put my sweet dog down yesterday. I feel like a monster. She was so lovely, but her body was failing. I'm so sad thinking that maybe I did it too soon. And now every where I look and every sound I hear, I think  it's her. I'm so sad.He came with me. She was our dog, so when he learned that I was going to take her this week he offered to come. He was very aloof. Helped with her and cried, but he...
  • TheProofer

He's my Kryptonite

Well I met him for lunch yesterday... I thought I was doing so good. Now here I am, constantly checking my phone for a message, allowing thoughts of him in the safe spaces in my head. Obsessing. Definitely a bump in my recovery process.Not really sure why he wanted to meet me. He shared some updates on his situation. Told me he loved me. Gave me a hug. Didn't put any big moves on me. Wants to be...
  • TheProofer

And then he texts me....

This is our pattern. He loves me. He ghosts me. He comes back and promises to love me. He loves me. He ghosts me. He comes back and promises to love me. My friends hate him. My family hate him. Not because of who he is, but because of how he takes me down this wicked path. But I am a WWLTM. I go willingly. And I've been reading, and coping (and overeating to cope) since he ghosted me again at the...
  • penseuse

Artile about Low Self-esteem

Curious about how many of you see yourself in this article?http://www.heartspiritmind.com/relationships/low-self-esteem-and-your-relationship/I am an old school WWL2M and this article seemed written for me. 
  • yogalove594

How come I didn't know about this sooner!!

Hello. I am new to the group. I am so thankful to finally be able to figure out what exacly it is that I have been struggling with. I recently came across WWLTM in a used bookstore and devoured the book quickly! I had never heard of the book or of this "condition" but it eased my mind alot! I am re-reading it again with a notebook nearby to take notes.I was married to a "functioning alcoholic"...
  • missvicki43

Boyfriend going back to ex girlfriend

I now know why my boyfriend suddenly has been avoiding me for the past several days. He texts me today and tells me that his ex gf (which he always referred to as phycho chick) she wants to meet with him. Its only been about 6 months since they broke up so I guess here I go again with another heartbreak of the exgf syndrome. He says he hasn't met with her yet. I can't tell you how many bad things...
  • TheProofer

I slipped

Thank Heaven for this board! A place to come and let it out. So I was doing really good in my recovery. And then he came back. And I believed him. AGAIN! I'm a smart lady. Professional. Super educated. But 100 per cent a WWLTM!! And so I let him in. And he said all the right thing. And I believed him. And I thought that this time it would work. This time I would win. It was awesome. For exactly 5...
  • Octavia

Tired of fighting

Hello! Piced up the book today and already recognizing myself on every single page. Started to think about my relationship patterns and family troubles. Everything has gotten to the point where Im having anxiety and panic attacks because of simplest things. And every time I do feel anxious I feel the need to talk to him whom I have now realized Ive been obsessed with. Not even sure if its love...
  • amhosw

Lost and lonely

Hi, I am new to this group and started reading WWLTM a few weeks ago after I left my ex-boyfriend for the second time. It was painful to realize the truth about me and the way my relationships perpetuate. I left my ex-boyfriend for the first time because of his controlling behaviours a year ago, but we ended up back together a few months later. The controlling behaviours continued and he began...
  • RossHomes

Trust

I have been dating someone for almost a year. We get along good. I haven't told him I love him but he has me. He knew I needed to take things slow. I was married for twenty one years and separated for five before divorced. I'm just not sure if any man can be faithful. I know how that sounds. And I'm not trying to sound bitter. I just see a lot of men with their worn checking me out as soon as...
  • Camayo

Insights Welcome

Hello ladies, I'm new to this group. I've just re-read WWLTM for the second time. It's my 27th birthday next week and I feel like I'm having my quarter life crisis now, things are starting to slip through the cracks in a way that they weren't before. I'm doing stupid things, drinking too much, getting so drunk that I cheat on my very sweet boyfriend etc. My father was an alcoholic and very...
  • T2017

On the road to recovery!

Hi Ladies,I have recently read the book and I am now focusing all my energy inwards rather than towards him and the relationship. It is really necessary because I can't remember last time I did (if ever?). The past ten years have consisted of 2 different relationships where I have played the rescuer, the martyr, the helper and the rejected. Always looking for reassurance and completely unaware of...
  • deleted_user

Weeding

Hi allHave been weeding today, I find it very therapeutic, I love my garden. It helps me clear my head and I find it very therapeutic.What do you all like to do to clear your heads and what do you find therapeutic ?:-)