Women who Love too Much Community Group

WHEN BEING IN LOVE, MEANS BEING IN PAIN... This group is to help women through the journey of realizing they can love themselves. To help realize that they are capable of having a happy, healthy, whole relationship and break the cycle of abuse and heartache from loving emotionally unavailable men.

2 Online
2 Online
  • Hello--This posts is about friend request. I've gotten several over the past week and I'm not sure where else to post this regarding friend requests since my profile info is only open to friends, so I thought I'd post it here since this is the group I am on the most.I am not accepting friend requests unless I have interacted with someone on the main board in some way and am therefore able to...
  • QueenBee

It Keeps Escalating

My observations arethat he wants to keep things in a chaotic state/ unclear/ unresolved to create a distance between us.that I am best understood by him and our best conversations are when I am emotionally detached, cold.that what he cares about most is his image and he become very agressive when he saw a threat in me, that I would unmask him. He is capable of destoying me for that.that he lies...
  • iamheretoo

Ugh

Road trip this weekend. We took my car. He drove. He was driving very aggressively. Tailgating and passing and cussing and flipping people off. I tried to just chill and meditate and not let it bother me but at one point I opened my eyes and we were going 65 and a bout three feet from the car in front of us. I calmly asked him not to follow so close please and he snapped at me. I did not speak to...
  • I read this article several years ago, or at least one that was a lot like it. It is different from most information out there on dealing with narcissists. I re-read it tonight. Lots of wisdom in this author's works.https://anupturnedsoul.wordpress.com/2013/07/20/are-you-a-magnet-for-narcissists/Thought I'd update this post with some interesting observations/speculations I made today, based upon...
  • I just have to share this story because it is so laughably unnecessary. Was making plans with a friend, said, "I should be getting home at 7:30." My friend said, "Great, I'll meet you [at this place 7 minutes away from your home] at 7:30." Instead of being a normal person and saying, "Nah dude, that's not gonna work - earliest I could meet you would be 7:40," people-pleasing me just said, "ok,"...
  • Hi Ladies. Here are some quotes from the Codependents Anonymous Workbook that are helping me today. Thought I'd share a a daily reminder for us all:"To have healthy and loving relationships, we must decide that this is truly what we want." "We learn to release the need to be filled from the outside, learning instead to be filled from within, before coming to relationship with another." If we...
  • ....Walking Away From the Fog and Into the Light.A good article about how to gain strength to leave a narcissistic relationshiphttp://esteemology.com/caught-in-the-haze-of-a-narcissistic-relationship-walking-away-from-the-fog-and-into-the-light/Here's another excellent article about being in a relationship with a narcissist and steps to take in...
  • iamheretoo

Court

Court date is coming Sept 1 for trial with my ex for violating the protection order. Im getting anxious about having to be in such close proximity of him. I know I don't have to look at him but I know he will be looking at me. So will all the jurors. So will his family. So will people who used to be my friends. The whole thing is freaking me out in so many ways. I'm an introvert. Having to speak...
  • artgrrl

How to be Selfish

Hi ladies, I ran across this a few years ago and posted it here. I have discovered it anew. Hey, we all need our booster shots every so often :-)It's a great read. For those of you still in a relationship where you are loving too much, maybe you aren't in the right psychogical place to leave yet. At any rate, this post will help strengthen you. According to the author of Women Who Love Too...
  • So my therapist suggested that I limit the time I spend on the relationship with this man and accept that the wounded part of me still needs him in my life. But this is the guy who wrote his mother an anonymous letter about "her abusive son"" with words I told him and later blamed me for it. This is the guy who avoids me and gives me the silent treatment so I take a hike instead of breaking up...
  • iamheretoo

Continued from Ugh

i left the house when we got home so we could both cool off. He was asleep when I got home. I tiptoed into bed. He did not wake up. I woke up About 5AM and he was not in bed. I asked him t come back. He refused. Said my dog keeping him up. Ibwoke up to the kitten crying in his daughters room. He pocked him in there to not disturb his sleep. He was disturbing my sleep by meowing and crying. I let...
  • http://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-know-when-its-time-to-give-up/ive been trying to figure out some important issues in my life right now and I came across this article--apropos for us all I think...
  • artgrrl

Bait and Switch

Ok ladies, believe it or not I have just come to realize the meaning of this phrase. I didn't know that it originated from the sale's world, where a seller would advertise a product to lure in a customer and then say the bait wasn't there and offer a higher-priced item instead. This is actually illegal, though sellers have found loopholes around the legal prohibition by putting in small print...
  • artgrrl

Empowering Blog

Hi all,Not sure if I've talked about this lady yet but she puts out some great blog posts, of which I'll paste the link.It's about journeying out of co-dependency particularly after you've been in a relationship with a narcissist (of whom we seem to be attracted to). It's about strengthening oneself. Going through a low-spot myself lately, and came across this...
  • Hexe

need help to recover

Hi, I am a 34 year old woman who loves too much. I have realized this after reading Robin Norwood's book and everything there completely defines me. I have a history of getting involved with inappropriate and emotionally unavailable men and my latest episode has taken so much out of me that I know now I have to either recover or it will kill me. I have been in an affair with an emotionally...