Women who Love too Much Community Group

WHEN BEING IN LOVE, MEANS BEING IN PAIN... This group is to help women through the journey of realizing they can love themselves. To help realize that they are capable of having a happy, healthy, whole relationship and break the cycle of abuse and heartache from loving emotionally unavailable men.

1 Online
1 Online
  • lisa30

In desperate need of help

hi everyone,ive just joined this group after starting to read woman who love too much, my fiancé of 3 years left me two weeks ago whilst I'm 21 weeks pregnant because he's unhappy but not told me with what, now he's saying it's the house and pressure of our wedding that was supposed to be in 3 months time and he has tried to talk to me - but he hasn't, because if he had I would have...
  • artgrrl

How to be Selfish

Hi ladies, I ran across this a few years ago and posted it here. I have discovered it anew. Hey, we all need our booster shots every so often :-)It's a great read. For those of you still in a relationship where you are loving too much, maybe you aren't in the right psychogical place to leave yet. At any rate, this post will help strengthen you. According to the author of Women Who Love Too...
  • loveandkate

Hilarious codependency fail

I just have to share this story because it is so laughably unnecessary. Was making plans with a friend, said, "I should be getting home at 7:30." My friend said, "Great, I'll meet you [at this place 7 minutes away from your home] at 7:30." Instead of being a normal person and saying, "Nah dude, that's not gonna work - earliest I could meet you would be 7:40," people-pleasing me just said, "ok,"...
  • in_cure

Missing someone to care for

I've broken up with my ex in February and sometimes I feel this emptiness for not having someone to care like I cared for him. I know the obvious - and healthiest alternative would be to start caring for me but it's like an automatic reaction to think about the ex and to miss him. I think I miss more caring for him than I miss himself. Do you know how this feels? Can anyone relate?
  • iamheretoo

Ugh

Road trip this weekend. We took my car. He drove. He was driving very aggressively. Tailgating and passing and cussing and flipping people off. I tried to just chill and meditate and not let it bother me but at one point I opened my eyes and we were going 65 and a bout three feet from the car in front of us. I calmly asked him not to follow so close please and he snapped at me. I did not speak to...
  • artgrrl

Yay for Huma Abedin!

Yay for Huma Abedin for finally leaving the biggest dickhead in America. I just watched a documentary on his running for the mayorship of New York City. My heart bled for his wife. This is a prime example of how even women in power can be charmed and chained by these shameless assholes. She tried to hang on for so long because her religion frowned upon divorce. I think, though, that her...
  • artgrrl

Why You Are Still Single...

I just read an interesting article on a dating/life coach (male) telling women why they were still single whilst in their late 30s. He gave some realistic feedback about the expectations of men, and how women 35+ were simply at a disadvantage when it comes to finding a good guy. There was quite a bit in the article that I found naive, but it was interesting reading the comments below. It gives...
  • goingup

For those dealing with addicts

Hi ladies, found the below at the below link:https://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk/let-me-fall-those-dealing-loved-ones-drug-abuse-53357.htmlLet Me Fall All By MyselfIf you love me let me fall all by myself. Don't try to spread a net out to catch me. Don't throw a pillow under my ass to cushion the pain so I don't have to feel it. Don’t stand in the place I am going to land so that you can...
  • artgrrl

Friend Requests for Artgrrl

Hello--This posts is about friend request. I've gotten several over the past week and I'm not sure where else to post this regarding friend requests since my profile info is only open to friends, so I thought I'd post it here since this is the group I am on the most.I am not accepting friend requests unless I have interacted with someone on the main board in some way and am therefore able to...
  • QueenBee

It Keeps Escalating

My observations arethat he wants to keep things in a chaotic state/ unclear/ unresolved to create a distance between us.that I am best understood by him and our best conversations are when I am emotionally detached, cold.that what he cares about most is his image and he become very agressive when he saw a threat in me, that I would unmask him. He is capable of destoying me for that.that he lies...
  • artgrrl

Are You a Narcissist Magnet?

I read this article several years ago, or at least one that was a lot like it. It is different from most information out there on dealing with narcissists. I re-read it tonight. Lots of wisdom in this author's works.https://anupturnedsoul.wordpress.com/2013/07/20/are-you-a-magnet-for-narcissists/Thought I'd update this post with some interesting observations/speculations I made today, based upon...
  • goingup

Codependency Daily Reminders

Hi Ladies. Here are some quotes from the Codependents Anonymous Workbook that are helping me today. Thought I'd share a a daily reminder for us all:"To have healthy and loving relationships, we must decide that this is truly what we want." "We learn to release the need to be filled from the outside, learning instead to be filled from within, before coming to relationship with another." If we...
  • ....Walking Away From the Fog and Into the Light.A good article about how to gain strength to leave a narcissistic relationshiphttp://esteemology.com/caught-in-the-haze-of-a-narcissistic-relationship-walking-away-from-the-fog-and-into-the-light/Here's another excellent article about being in a relationship with a narcissist and steps to take in...
  • iamheretoo

Court

Court date is coming Sept 1 for trial with my ex for violating the protection order. Im getting anxious about having to be in such close proximity of him. I know I don't have to look at him but I know he will be looking at me. So will all the jurors. So will his family. So will people who used to be my friends. The whole thing is freaking me out in so many ways. I'm an introvert. Having to speak...
  • QueenBee

I have to go no contact immediately

So my therapist suggested that I limit the time I spend on the relationship with this man and accept that the wounded part of me still needs him in my life. But this is the guy who wrote his mother an anonymous letter about "her abusive son"" with words I told him and later blamed me for it. This is the guy who avoids me and gives me the silent treatment so I take a hike instead of breaking up...