Wives of Police Officers Community Group

A place for wives of police officers and their families to relate and support one another.

0 Online
0 Online
  • CCCWife2016

Its been a week...

Hello all. This is my first post. I am a newly married police wife, we just tied the knot in June 2016. Let me start by saying, my LEO is my wife - i don't know how much different that makes me feel, but i know i read a lot about wives supporting their LEO husbands. So our story is just a tad different. But not likely by much...Anyway. This week has been rough. really rough. Until the shooting in...
  • Vfgtmt08

Sheriff or Officer

So I am new on this site. This month is also going to be a start of a huge change for my fiancé and I and our kid's. My fiancé just put his 2 weeks notice in for his job and is starting his new job on the 16th. He has been a Correctional Officer for a year and before that was a LP manager for 5 years. The tough part though right now is he got accepted to be a Sheriff or an officer...
  • panthers12

Pulling away

Having difficulty in my relationship. I am divorced, with my man for 5 years, he raised my two young children in that time - super dad... but lately has pulled away. Calls me a nag for asking him to spend more time with me. He is seeking activities outside of our relationship for "happiness' like biking and playing hockey, and is also drinking more. Feel like I am watching a downward spiral...
  • I've been lonely for quite some time now and I recently found this community and immediately joined! I noticed from reading others' posts that their LEO hubbies although have weird hours - it's usually fixed. My husband's schedule changes every 28 days and I almost never know when and if he's available for anything. I love my husband dearly but we moved almost 6 hours...
  • momofgna

Job change

Hello, my husband recently went from the sheriffs department to city police. He was at the sheriffs dept for 8 years as a liscensed deputy. He is now going thru FTO with the city police. It was the job he had been wanting all along. We as a family were so excited for him and his new journey. The training he is enduring is different than what he went through at the county. It has been a lot for...
  • deleted_user

Help

I just got married to a man I really do love and want to spend the rest of my life with. I've never been familiar with the police force life but my husband was an officer years ago and wanted to go for it again. He went through the academy while we were engaged (which took up a lot of his time) and just became an officer a few months ago after we got married. WOWZERS.I wish I was stronger...
  • mrs161

Communication

Hi everyone, I have been with my police officer for almost a year now. He started working as a police officer about four months ago. He loves his job and I get so much joy from seeing him beam when he talks about how much he enjoys being in the line of duty. However, its been really difficult. I have learned to be patient with time and know its precious. He works nights now and works 70+ hours a...
  • bryking

Bad feelings

Does anyone ever randomly get a bad feeling when your LEO is working? I also struggle with nightmares too that something bad happened to my LEO. Does this happen to anyone else?
  • bbohm

Going through separation

Hello, I'm new here but not new to police life. I married a gentle, emotionally invested, incredible man 12.5 years ago. Seven years ago he became an officer and since then has changed into a completely different person. Over the past 7 years we have both made pour choices, mostly due to the change in him and me not knowing how to cope with it and not getting proper support. We are new...
  • khudzi01

I'm so lonely

So I'm engaged to an amazing man. We're getting married June 2016. He became an officer in the beginning of the year. I'm sure it's too early for me to feel this way, but I've been feeling so lonely lately. We have a 1.5 year old, and I feel like I'm raising him by myself. Right now, he's working 8 hour shifts, but starting in December, they switch to 12...
  • I have been married to a police officer for 15 years. He was in homicide for 8 years and is now the Sgt over the K9 Unit. It is soooo hard being a police wife. There have been many many times I've attended family get togethers alone and have even gone on vacation with just the kids because he has to back out at the last minute.Even now I work full time, clean the house, take my daughter to...
  • deleted_user

new police spouse

hi all, I am new to this site and a new police spouse. I have been with my boyfriend for about a year now and he just got off of his FTO period in his department. he is in a very small department that is currently understaffed. while on FTO he was not allowed overtime, so he had a set schedule of 3 on, 4 off, 4 on, 3 off...etc. now that he is off training he is already working a lot of overtime....
  • deleted_user

Antisocial

Background: married for 9 years, two children. Husband has been a second shift police officer in the village we live in on a 5 man police department. Very busy on second shifts in the area.I'm not sure how to say this, but my husband lacks a desire to get to know anyone I share my time with. Meaning friends from work or friends I have made along the way. I do enjoy being social, but he will...
  • Hi! :)My "about me" pretty well says it all. If no one has any problems with me being here, I'll probably just sit on the sidelines. I've have helped many throughout the decades overcome many issues from a grass roots level. Have spoke in public on behalf of male sexual abuse survivors as well as abuse in general. I've have known and have come across many people who parent/s were...
  • deleted_user

Lonely

So I had a melt down.....I ended up going to counseling. I just can't be alone anymore. My husband is not an affectionate person. We are intimate maybe 3 times a month., I feel like he has to try really hard to be "into me", I need help..What do I do? I tried to talk to him about the things that were bothering me and he said he felt like I was "attacking" him. He's said 3 different...