Wives of Police Officers Community Group

A place for wives of police officers and their families to relate and support one another.

0 Online
  • HannahGeneva

Not Sure How To Handle It All..

My Boyfriend Is Getting Ready To Become A Police Officer.. and I'm Not Sure How To Handle It.. Its All New To Me. I Just Thought Id Come Here For Support and See If I Can Get Any Advice. 
  • nicolehow

I feel lost

My boyfriend is a deputy that works nights and I work days. It's really tough coming home every night to cook and eat dinner alone, go to sleep alone and so many other things. I have terrible nightmares about his line of work and it's all very difficult. I don't want to put the stress in him because I know he deals with a lot on a daily basis and I am supposed to be his rock and support system...
  • Cantdoitalone

What's normal?

Ok. What the heck is normal? What do you do when you have no mother or family to help?  I feel like God is seriously my only friend sometimes. Leo wife 8 yrs, small rural town, 4 kids, FT nurse. Everyday feels like hell, glad kids give me purpose.  I'm grateful for any advice
  • MrsMc85

Promoted to overnights?!

New here.  My husband just got promoted to Srgt., and his schedule changed from flexible M-F to rotating overnights. It has been really hard on everyone.  He doesn't know when to eat, sleep, exercise, or spend time with family.  I know he is doing his best, but I'm overwhelmed from picking up all of the extra slack with two young children (ages 1 & 2.5yrs) at home. Any advice from moms of...
  • Katieeightyseven

DejaVu

Hi I'm a "future" police wife. My boyfriend wants to be a cop. He is in the process of joining an academy however, he is also applying to be a teacher. We've been together 4 years and I am trying to be supportive but I don't want the police job to work out. I don't mean to be selfish but even the application process has been tough. Its been much easier for him to be a teacher and safer....

Alone

I've joined this group in the hope that I'll feel like I'm not alone in all this... Hoping to gain some strength and find way to deal with the loneliness. X
  • Mollie

Overwhelmed

Hi :) Im new to all this but thought joining a group of women who understand the realities of being married to a police officer might help me! My hubby has not long been accepted into the polcie force and even though i knew he would be one since the day I met him the reality of the life has only just hit me. I am used to the idea of his shifts and overtime and attending family gatherings alone...
  • croseharmer

Struggling to find a balance

Hi everyone, My husband has been on the job for a little over two years now. He loves the job but is struggling to find a balance between work and home life. We have two young boys (3 & 1) who are starting to be affected by his moods when he comes home. He is also struggling with the on the job stress which is now affecting his health. He is beginning to have anxiety attacks and "doesn't feel...
  • 602gf

Mental breakdown in LEO boyfriend

Ive been with my LEO boyfriend for 2 years. He has always been very affectionate and spoke to me multiple times a day. He has fallen into what he calls a "mini breakdown". He swears hes not mad at me for anything, but she has not initiated kissing me, touching me, or even speaking to me for the last 2 days. He actively ignored me the first day. We have always been very open and we dont keep...
  • heartsandarrows

Rookie LEO wife

hi everyone. Have been desperately searching for a group of women who have experience with this new life my husband and I are facing. He's been on the job almost two years. A lot has changed in that time, no children yet but we have been married for almost seven years. Having a rough time navigating the many highs and lows this career brings about for us both. Hope to make some connections with...
  • blue17

New at this

Hello all, I'm a police officer's wife. We have been married for almost two years, which happens to be the same time he has been a police officer. I'm still adjusting. It still very hard at times. I am hoping to find encouragement and strength here, especially those days I can't find it within myself. 
  • NicoleBurks1

I'm new to all of this and not one to ask for advice. I don't know any LEO wives or girlfriends, and none of my friends really know what I go through on a daily basis. I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and he's been a police officer for a little over a year. I am still Adjusting to he fact that he works nights at the most dangerous town in our county. Advice to calm the nerves? TIA
  • CCCWife2016

Its been a week...

Hello all. This is my first post. I am a newly married police wife, we just tied the knot in June 2016. Let me start by saying, my LEO is my wife - i don't know how much different that makes me feel, but i know i read a lot about wives supporting their LEO husbands. So our story is just a tad different. But not likely by much...Anyway. This week has been rough. really rough. Until the shooting in...
  • Blue67

Overwhelmed and need strength

Hello, I joined this group in hopes of connecting with people who understand and are going through the same thoguhts and feelings.  I've been with my LEO for almost 3 years now.  Most days are great but then there's the times when I worry so much.  There was a recent call out that just had me in a complete panic.  Then there's all these horrific attacks on LEOs that are happening more and...
  • Ashleyp

Any advice?

My husband just became an LEO and just got on his own about a month and a hAlf ago.  since then things have changed.  I'm trying my best to cope but at this point I don't know how to.  I feel as if I am not important to him anymore.  he doesn't kiss me good night anymore or say goodnight for that matter. I feel I'm living life alone.  any advice would help thank you