Wives of Alcoholics Community Group

A forum of healing and help for wives of alcoholics.

0 Online
  • Jeanielouisa

Too many baby steps...ready for leaps!

This is my first attempted post.Im so overwhelmed but I hope I can get some words out as I need help more than ever. My husband and I have been married a little over a year. I knew he was an alcoholic. When we got engaged he had  been sober close to 3 years. Our wedding was a dream...the most joyous, beautiful day I could have ever imagined, all our family and friends were there to support and...
  • christmas

Just letting off steam

so AH is going to get some treatment if they agree he is motivated. Then what do I find on his phone(looking for s phone number with his permission) a message to an female he met when in rehab of a sexual nature. She has not sent him any of this nature. So I messaged her for no further contact with him then deleted it. Do I tell him I know about the message or ignore it as we are splitting up...
  • beaglebird

Trapped in a pub with an alcoholic

hi all. I'm new here and I need to share my problems. I don't have anyone else to talk to. My husband is an alcoholic. We run a pub together. Alcohol is readily available to him. It's driving me crazy. I'm depressed, lonely, angry and don't know how to get out of the situation. If I leave him,(Which I think will be his kick up the arse that he needs) I have no job, no income and no home. He at...
  • JJN

Is this good, or just a new bad?

So 3 weeks ago, things came to a head between me and my husband. Ultimately, he quit drinking with medication and has not slipped. However we have reached this uncomfortable situation. He us sober, I should be happy. But he is not getting help, he is taking meds the doctor gave him. I am concerned that if this is all he does he will fail and we will be right back to where we were. Additionally I...
  • bloomy

Should I stay or should I go

it's been a while since I last posted anything... I've been trying to get my life together,but it's been a crazy.  I've been married to my husband for 22 years.  My husband has had a drinking problem that has gotten worse over the last 4 years.  He's been going out drinking stating that he was going out with guy friends... things were not making sense and I had come across one of his texts...
  • rose1

Breaking Down

This is my first post. I've been reading here for months and it has been helpful just to know that there are other women out there who know what I'm going through. I have been married for 4 years. We've been together for 18. Three years into our relationship he started using cocaine. I should have left when I found out but I had two small children with him and he didn't do it often so I stayed....
  • Dazedandconfused

Husbands drinking

I am also in this club of what to do?  In my opinion my husband has had a drinking problem for the past five years.  Would defiinitely say he is an alcoholic.  Things have come to a head recently as we had a huge fight, where I was called a "lying, bitch whore" with my response being "ass hole alcoholic"!  After this, we decided to attend marriage counseling.  A few days before our first...
  • mjb

One day at a time...

Monday night was horrible – there’s no pretty version of it. It completely sucked. I yelled at him on Tuesday and meant every word of it. I shouted at him telling him I will not hesitate to leave him. He said “I thought you don’t believe in divorce?” I replied, “You’re right, I don’t believe in divorce, but I also do not believe in being married to someone who hits their wife. So...
  • Faith

Let down...

I'm back and it didn't take long.  My AH has been working the program and has been sober and super nice and loving.  He's been really good to me and has been a good parent to our kids.  Making sure they have respect for me and actually feeling bad that he's let things spiral out of control.  I had hope.  I thought maybe this could be it.  The end of this hell of a marriage with an AH....
  • losinghope94

Still hurting

My husband is still drinking.  He goes 1 to 2 days without it.  Never more than 3 days.
  • christmas

i'm moving on

After my first post things got better for a while then just got worse than before.Thanks for the comments and support. So now we are selling up and going to get a place by myself and hopefully find inner peace.
  • AMarie

Trying to stay sane

This is my first post, first off I've read a lot of the posts on here and I can relate. Most mirror my own ongoing issues. I've been married for 11 years to an alcoholic and addict. 2 years ago we had a daughter (unplanned) and his behavior started to improve and I had hope. It quickly went downhill and in April he went back into rehab (3rd time since we've been married). He relapsed within weeks...
  • Tinytears

Help how do I trust him,

my other half is an alcoholic he was drinking from age of 12 due to abuse we met over twenty years ago been married eight,I knew he liked a drink and regularly got drunk when we went out and at weekends    He never told anyone about his abuse even his first wife, he told me and got him counselling this helped he cut down drinking too for a while but then it came back to drinking everyday beer...
  • petey49

Elephant questions

We have reached apoint where we no longer talk about his drinking.  He knows how I feel about it and I consider it his lifestyle choice.Now, how do I answer the "elephant questions" that come up?  Here are some examples:Q:  Why am I gaining so much weight?  My thoughts:  Gee, it might have something to do with the 4600cal in your weekly bottle of rye.  My answer:  ????Q:  Why am I...
  • jms7229

this new website is driving me crazy!!!!! I  think it is a huge Black Hole!!! I feel we need a new support group to assist those of us ( me) that are feeling confused. Oh well, at least I am distracted from my usual irritations. Good luck everyone. If you happen to see this post, please let me know!!! Lol I'm having panic attacks about being lost and alone in cyberspace!