Wives of Alcoholics Community Group

A forum of healing and help for wives of alcoholics.

0 Online
0 Online
  • This is my first post here - I am very new. My boyfriend of 4 years is an actively drinking alcoholic. I have recently been thinking about (and talking to him about) how I don't think the life of living with an alcoholic is what I want for my future. I've noticed that many of you are with your alcoholic husbands and discuss how hard of a life it is. How do I decide if my love for him will...
  • Regan

Is anybody out there?

We have been together for years and had twins a year ago. It never used to be like this. He was active, successful and a gentleman. I don't know when it got this bad but I know that the broken promises just started to become a regular thing. He doesn't drink daily but one drink always turns into more. Home by 8, becomes home by 3am. One day turns into 2. I should be happy. I have beautiful...
  • I can't even believe that I'm writing this, since I am so embarrassed that I even live this way, but does anyone else have an AH that neglects his hygiene? Mine won't shower on the weekends, brushes his teeth only when I ask if he has, and doesn't shave for days at a time. This last weekend we went camping, at a place where there are nice facilities, and he didn't...
  • jms7229

Question to ponder

how does a man so wasted that he cannot verbalized a coherent thought or remember events minutes old stick to his cover story?
  • He's just looking to fight tonight and I'm so tired. I took a day off work for an appointment today. Did that this morning and spent my afternoon staining my deck and then making dinner. Did all my laundry, washed the floors and vacuumed. I was feeling pretty good about what I accomplished until he came home. First he noticed the stain. So I said I'd worked hard on it. Instead of 'nice job',...
  • jms7229

Still can't believe it!

So AH is of course deteriorating because he has been an al oholi. For over 40 years. There is no turning back for him. I have to be honest here and say that he functions fairly well for others but behind closed doors it's like living in purgatory. What I still, after all this time , what I still cannot wrap my head around is the lack of remorse. The absolute disrespect of feeling so superior...
  • jms7229

Photography session

So I'm home on summer break with Prince Charming. Usually he manages to keep addiction slightly controlled during these school breaks, but not this summer. He is driving me crazy. I am trying to ignore most mistakes ( as he calls them) those of you who have shared the shows AH s put on for us as they pass out on the couch really made me feel better about my evenings. Lately my husband has been...
  • My AH's drinking and unhealthy lifestyle is killing him. He is 53 and drinks over a fifth of rum per day. He also hides whiskey bottles around the house and he gets wasted and can barely walk.Every day when he sleeps late I approach his door and am terrified of opening it. I DON'T WANT TO FIND THE BODY. He could pull a Jimi Hendrix by falling asleep on his back and suffocating on his own vomit....
  • Hi all. This is my first post in this forum. My long termboyfriend is an alcoholic and had his second relapse last night bit of a background. He worked as a bartender up til two months ago. He drank at all times of the day because he would start twitching otherwise. It was a problem that has been going on for years before I came into the picture. Anyway, he got trashed at work and fell and hit...
  • Cadeer

Another fun weekend

This weekend my husband managed to round up people just like himself and bring them back to my house. Argghh. And of course big spender bought booze for everyone and had the nerve to ask me to make them all something to eat. No way. I did order pizza because food often makes them tired. Worse yet, while I'm completely anti-drunk driving, he offered them up our couch for the night so they...
  • I'm here because I gotten to the point in my life, living with ah, that I have totally lost myself and most days have no motivation or joy. I came here in search of any ray of hope on my way to finding myself again.I have been married for 16 1/2 years and know him for 18. We have two boys 14, 12. When I met him, he was just turned 22, me 25. He drank every night and went to the bars on the...
  • invisibleme

Anger in the kids

My oldest, a young adult, has been so angry with me, lately. My other kids have noticed. So it's not just me being sensitive. I'm tired of being everybody's punching bag. I've been working like crazy to clean up the AH's messes, and now one of my kids is angry, picking at every little thing I do, just like the AH. I'm trying to remember that the kids are suffering, too. I've reached out to this...
  • I just read through several post on here and I do believe we all (in a sense) live the same life, feel all the same feelings, and struggle with our sense of reality. We are all playing the same game and getting messed up in the same puddle of crap. Here's what I decided today. I feel rejected because I'm being rejected. I feel lost bc I am lost. I feel ripped off bc I'm being...
  • My long term partner doesn't drink every day but he downs a fifth+ every Friday and gets up and starts drinking again immediately on Saturday morning. When he is drinking, he requires constant attention. His thoughts get very dark and he talks about everything he hates about himself, how horrible the world is and I am expected to listen and try to cheer him up, which obviously never works. If I...
  • I went to a dinner at our church tonight. I was helping in the kitchen so I went early in the afternoon. My AH showed up drunk, slurring words, etc. None of my church friends knew that my AH is an A. I felt so embarrassed. I am fighting within myself. Reminding myself that he is responsible for his actions, and I've not done anything, here. But so many people don't understand alcoholism, and now...