Wives of Alcoholics Community Group

A forum of healing and help for wives of alcoholics.

0 Online
  • Laf

Sadness

I'm the wife of an alcoholic, and he relapsed last week, after 9 months sober...that's his usual time frame...he's like a cat with 9 lives, and I've got a feeling this is the 9th life for him....I've always had a feeling of hope when this has happened before, but this time feels different....he has really ramped up the quantity each day, and by the evening he is in and out of consciousness and...
  • kbatch9

Random binge drinking husbands?

My husband and I have been together 15 years and he has always abused alcohol.  I realized it was alcoholism when he couldn't stop when it became a problem.  After years of trying to quit, the last few years he only drinks once every few months but it is like "chug hard liquor at 9am totally random" drinking.  It is scary because I'm afraid of him driving (which he has done) and losing his job...
  • Drummersgirl

Strength in Numbers

im glad to have found this group. It doesn't matter where you're from, what walk of life you're in, we are all sharing one common thread... our alcoholic husbands. i need to learn more about the disease. I'm just now (after being together almost 19 years) being able to say, and admit, that my husband is an alcoholic. He's also a type I diabetic, which scares me more than anything. Alcohol is bad...
  • Jmar151

Help

Hi, I just joined this group today because I don't know what else to do. I'm sure my story is similar to others but I'll tell it anyway. I've been married for about a year and a half and over the past year my husband has been showing ALL the signs of being a functional alcoholic. We've been trying to work through it... he blacks out, says extremely mean things, wakes up and apologizes because...
  • Drummersgirl

Not sure where I belong

Hi, all. I just joined the group. My husband is a functional alcoholic. His usual is anywhere from 2-6 beers a night. Over Christmas break (he's a teacher), he definitely drank more. aftrr a particularly bad night where he had all but passed out on the couch I lost it. Screamed/ranted/yelled/cried. Gave him a non-description ultimatum. He hasn't had a drink (that I know of) in about a month. He's...
  • madams88

Tired of Arguing...how do I learn to let go?

Hey everyone this is the first time I have ever joined a blog and to be honest I really hope it helps because I am struggling. My husband and I have been married for 2 months but we have been together for 7 years and have been good friends for 15 years. I have always known that he drank but I never realized the capacity of it until the last couple of years. I love him dearly but our lives have...
  • bluesprite72

The Crossroads that changed everything

This fall when my husband I were fighting about who was in the wrong and why our marriage of 17 years had failed, because now I want a divorce, a truth came out that changed everything. I have been revisiting that one point in our relationship recently that set the stage for our whole marriage, only I had no idea at the time what that would look like.He was already an alcoholic before I met him,...
  • wifeykrissy

Marriage crashing?

Hi all,I am new to this group and am seeking some thoughts by people in the same situation.  I have been married for a short 6 months and have been with my husband for 4 years.  He has a 9 year old son who I adore, and who adores me.  My husband is an alcoholic.  I can't say I didn't know about his drinking problem but I guess I thought it would get better.  He is also on pain meds for his...
  • Jen77

Hi guys. New here, today was ultimatum day...

Short history.  Married my high school sweetheart at 23.  Had 2 kids by 27.  Have been married now 16 years.  They've been happy years minus the alcoholism that keeps rearing it's ugly head. I'll think my AH is on a sober path, and then it spirals out of control again.  We're currently in a broken place.  He's not mean or abusive, just drinks to the point of passing out and then misses...
  • Hopeful980

Feeling like I'm at a cross roads

Hello, I am new to the group. Just some background, I am currently dating an A. We just signed a lease to move in together and haven't been happier about it. We are excited to start our life together and build a great future. He says that he is so excited for what lies ahead for us. He is able to cover up his drinking as socially acceptable because of his age (he's 29), his job (waiter), and his...
  • Fleanum1

retainer for a lawyer

Unfortunately, I cannot do this anymore...my husband keeps going out drinking and is putting my daughter and myself in danger. He is drinking and driving, he is spending his entire pay check, and most recently he hit the car next to him in parking lot in our condo causing us to have to pay more money. He is getting worse instead of better. I was wondering if anyone on this site would be aware...
  • livelovelaugh

New to the group!

Hi everyone, I am new to the group and I feel like I am still in the realization that my husband has a problem with alcohol.  We have been together for almost twenty years and married for 11.  We have 3 kids.  My oldest son is 6 and my twins are 3 1/2.  The drinking started when we were young and he would go out.  However, I didn't think much of it because that's what you do when you are in...
  • Living_Hopeful

Still not working.....

Hello!  This is my second post. This just keeps getting harder for me.  My husband of course will not talk to me about his drinking, "he doesn't want to talk about it" But I do.  I feel like I have cried myself to sleep for the last time (probably not) the other night.  He had of course been drinking before I got home and continued to drink then got so mad at me because I did something to the...
  • mrsslank

Well

here I am again 2 months later. And dealing with the same issue all over again. Everything's been good he stopped drinking until today. Then come to find bad news about his dad being sick. He was using my phone to text his mother and my dad called I took the call it was less then 5 minutes. He completely freaked as if I made him hang up. Am I wrong? His mom was barely texting back she finished as...
  • Staacy

Could use some advice or thoughts

So I am new to this group, this is my 2nd post, my first just introducing myself. My husband is a functioning alcoholic who has a great work ethic, does not go out to drink, does not treat me poorly (unless we talk about his addiction) & most would never know he has a problem. My husband has been in the same place for the last 6 years. He drinks alone but not in the house for I told him years ago...