Spouses of Transgender Community Group

Being transgender it's not easy but neither for their spouses. This group is created with the intention of helping and getting to know others that are in. the same situation or to just educate those that are on the other side of the fence and want to know how does it feel or how would it feel to be a spouse of a transgender person. The main objective of this group is to educate, help and support others that have no one to talk to or can not find someone that will understand what they are go

0 Online
0 Online
  • justhiswife09

I just miss my husband

Hello all.. I'm brand spanking new here.. reading all your posts I hear a lot of stories much like mine... with a few differeneces.. I found out early on in our relationship, that my husbear ( he's a big, burly hairy guy) liked women's clothes.. we discussed how a lot of straight men are crossdressers.. no big deal to me at all..after all, I myself am a fairly masculine female, tall and large and...
  • Pen

Lost in this new world

Hi, I've been living with the news that my husband is transgendered for four and a half years now. We had been married for over 22 years when he finally told me.I know he must have suffered so much living with this but he seems to have found himself a great support network who encourage him in everything he's doing, and I'm just left to get on and accept the new relality.I don't want to accept it...
  • First, let me say, I am not receiving updates on who responds to what or who posts new stuff. So thank you for the support and words. Most definitely this is an abusive relationship. Not one purposely put on by my spouse, I don't think, but put on by society which he is following to a tee. I've been called controlling, I have been told I am attacking him by giving alternate...
  • laureniam

Difficult but Beautiful

I am a female married to a trans-man, and I wanted to share that it can be a really rare and beautiful thing to go through a transition with someone. There seem to be a lot of terribly angry posts on this site, which makes sense, but I need to share my positive experience in the hopes of offering my support for those who need it. For most people who identify as trans, they have felt like they...
  • Hi everyone. I thank you all for posting your stories- this forum is very helpful! I have only talked to one person about this before, and it is becoming clear to me that I need to start talking more about this just to get my thoughts out of my head and be able to think more clearly! I need more mirrors to make sense of my confusing relationship.My husband of 7 years and I have a 3 year old. I am...
  • janelynn

Help...I need answers desperately

Hello. My name is Jane. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for two years now. About 4 months into the relationship he told me that he liked to cross dress. He was adamant that he wasn't gay. He just gets turned on by wearing womens clothes. I was okay with that. We even played with it. Me dressindressing him up, him trying on my clothes. We've even had sex while he was...
  • I was at my son's Fine Arts Festival and right smack in the front row was the "little girl" who grew up down the street. Only, now she's not a little girl. She's 16 years old and transgendering! What a freakin' mess. Her parents are allowing her at age 16 to dress up like a boy, cut her hair like a boy and according to my son take hormone shots. At 16 kids don't know...
  • I am a cis female married to what I thought was a man almost 30 years ago.10 years ago, after 20 years of marriage, he came out to me that he is transgendered and wants to be a woman.I am older, I stayed, thinking that maybe companionship is okay. Not.I focused on me over the last 10 years and that has been good.I also thought that many things that confused me about our relationship began to make...
  • erh1178

Lesbian wife of FTM

My wife and I have been a couple for 11 years, married 8 years. About 6 months ago she started seeing a therapist for anxiety and then admitted to me she was struggling with feelings of dysphoria. Since then her wardrobe and haircut have become more masculine. While her clothing choices in the past were never especially girly, she did show off her curves. Now it's strictly boxer briefs, sports...
  • JimJam

New to this and hopeful

Hello all, my spouse of 4 years recently came out as trans, MTF and I'm looking to share my story so far and communicate with others going through something similar. The early stages of this have been wrought with turmoil and joy, "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times" for real. We've had yelling and blaming and throwing of things. Ok - I - threw things. I was pissed because we've...
  • There is just not enough information out there for people who have been through a partner’s transition. I have spoken to therapists, counselors, PFLAG representatives and they all agree, there are far too few resources available. Even the pros are not sure what to say to someone when their partner changes gender/sex. Internet searches don't offer much. Thank goodness for dailystrength. So,...
  • So, my husband told me the other day that all the transgender people he has met act like adolescent teenagers...15 year olds. He said to me, "But I'm not like that, right?" My response? "Fuck yeah, dude, you are...I've been telling you that for months now!" How is this not a red flag that something is wrong with the idea that changing your identity, physically, is a healthy choice??Big pharm...
  • Jbell

Lesbian married to FTM

Hi everyone!This is my first time talking about this to anyone. This is partially because Ive had a hard time coming out to my family and now I feel unsure of my sexuality. Does this make me straight now.... It's feels like I'm coming out all over again. I love my trans husband but I have found it hard to come to terms with it in my mind. I have even noticed that I don't want to have sex because...
  • birdie23

oh for the love of cheese

I'm not sure I am going to stay in the frame of mind I am in right now, but I feel okay. (This is a huge rant with anger and non-sequitors. No apologies, just a warning)My husband, despite what we agreed to (first therapy for all the issues that amplify his dysphoria, then see where he's at), started taking hormones three months ago. He found a therapist around the same time, who...
  • MacksNB

Changes galore

Hey, My partner came out about a year ago as transgender. He had an appointment today to start the process for transitioning to become his most authentic self (testosterone, chest surgery etc..) while I am absolutely happy for him, I feel left in the dark. I feel like I don't know how to fully support him and still keep myself afloat. I think I'm just apprehensive about the changes and have been...