Incest Survivors Support Group

Incest refers to any sexual activity between closely related persons that is illegal or socially taboo. Consensual adult incest is very rare. Incest between adults and prepubescent or adolescent children is a form of child sexual abuse that has been shown to be one of the most extreme forms of childhood trauma. If you or a loved one is a survivor of incest, join the group and find support.

2 Online
  • Pag.mars

My Story

up until now I have doubted, played down, tried to justify what happened to me. I've wanted to explain, I was too afraid to be not ready to tell the world, I'm far from ready. But I think I've gotten to a place where I can maybe accept what happened to me, as what it was-abuse. Assault. I was molested.It was in a hotel room. In the middle of the night. I was fast asleep, and yet I woke...
  • darebearsworld

My Brother. *TRIGGER WARNING*

Once he was old enough, my parents had him watch me while they worked instead of my grandparents. My brother was always so mean to me. It started out as physical beatings. If I didnt do the dishes for him he would punch my arm or push me. If I didnt clean the house for him he made my friends go home and he would choke me or slam me on the ground. I would hide from him most days. I remember being...
  • whales86

Healing Journey

Hi.  I never thought I look for this group.  I've been on the sexual abuse group.    Reader disgust version abused by my father when I was a child all forms.  Not sure how early. I know at least 3-4th grade.  Went into foster care at 14.  I was truely blessed and ended up with a family I now call my own and I depend on. I hv struggled through my life protending I had dealt with it all and...
  • Pag.mars

Intrusive Thoughts..?

okay, this has been going on for a while but today was when I began to question this. And considering that I don't yet have a therapist or anyone to talk to, I figured I'd ask you guys here and see what you think. I'm going to give only a couple of examples, because for one, I don't remember every intrusive thought I've had. Two, it's just to explain what's going on.Example 1) a few weeks ago or...
  • kenzee01

Im new here I need help.

Im a 33 year old woman. I started to be sexually molested at the age of 4 years old by older brother. The abuse continue for a period of 8 years. It started by just touching and it turn into anal and vaginal penetration. I have never been able to open up about this to my family because my mom has a special soft spot for my brother. My mother has had a very difficult life and I was never able to...
  • whoizthizz

New here, first share

So this is my first ever share with the incest survivor community. I had avoided it up until now because I didn't want to admit to myself that I was actually apart of this. That I was one of the victims. It's a tough pill to swallow, to say the least. My abusers were my twin brothers. The really painful experiences happened when we were in middle school (there were some when we were younger)....
  • Pag.mars

Should I tell people?

Last night I kept getting this urge to tell my friend what has happened because we got into this huge fight. But sometimes I think I am getting angry at everyone around me, particularly this friend, not because I am mad at them, I am angry about what happened and I take it out on the wrong people. Last night I kept thinking to myself, why do I feel like everyone else is putting me through...
  • autumnleaves

In need of advice

Hi all,I am brand new to this group and looking for advice. I am wanting to tell my mom and sister that I was sexually abused by my father. I am worried about telling them, but I know that I am ready.I am 25 currently, and the abuse happened when I was around 9. I do not have specific memories except flashbacks. I need advice on how to tell them and what to do if they have questions I can't...
  • Pag.mars

Opening up in public for the first tim,

Soo a year ago I caught a family member peaking in my room when I was changing. I got really concerned and anxious at this. About six months later I remembered this one incident where I think he may have touched me. I explained it to somebody at and she suggested I join support groups and things so here I am. I struggle with panic attacks, anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, and...
  • donnawanda

Need to change

I just need to put something new on here so the first post that comes up is not something highly disturbing.All children are innocent and deserve to be protected. There is nothing a child could do that could cause them to be abused. The choice and the responsibility always lie with the adult.Love and blessings to all survivors. 
  • egan

I have been having a really difficult time lately. I can feel myself slipping back into needing a ton of pills/alcohol-- basically whatever I can get my hands on so when I'm not at work and my mind can be occupied, I have a way of drowning out any and all thoughts. I came up with an idea of how maybe I can help myself. I have read so many posts and most of the time the biggest help if you're in a...
  • egan

Getting It Out *THIS MAY TRIGGER YOU*

I'm brand new to this and honestly am completely unsure about how I feel telling people. There are three people that know, my boyfriend of four years, an old therapist I had, and a wonderful man I spoke to when I thought about killing myself and called a crisis hotline. Each time telling the actual story gets a bit easier, but for whatever reason the pain never seems to go away. So I guess here's...
  • Kenzington0

Am I better off not knowing?

26 year old female. I have no memories of sexual abuse by my father. I do, however, have an intuitive feeling that something wrong happened. I asked my mother about it, and she almost casually agreed that she always wondered herself. I have researched endlessly on adult manifestations of childhood sexual abuse. I would say I have 95-98% of all symptoms listed on every credible site I have found....
  • Pag.mars

Feelings of numbness?

Do you ever sit in a room full of people, and feel like there's literally nothing inside you? Like not just that you don't feel anything, but like when you talk to people you have nothing to say, because you can't think. Can't think of anything like you used to. Can't feel anything till you cry and then you'll go days on end crying. Can't talk unless it's about how you're feeling and even then,...
  • SuzA66

The New Daily Strength Format

Frustrating.  Dislike it.  No, the truth is, I hate it! I can only type two lines at a time when replying to a post.  The colors do not lend themselves to easy reading.  Cannot see multiple posts at a time, which the old format allowed me to do. Hate that the first post is an advertisement.  So tempted to quit since this format is not user-friendly and it feels as if I've lost touch with...