Incest Survivors Support Group

Incest refers to any sexual activity between closely related persons that is illegal or socially taboo. Consensual adult incest is very rare. Incest between adults and prepubescent or adolescent children is a form of child sexual abuse that has been shown to be one of the most extreme forms of childhood trauma. If you or a loved one is a survivor of incest, join the group and find support.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Pag.mars

Should I tell people?

Last night I kept getting this urge to tell my friend what has happened because we got into this huge fight. But sometimes I think I am getting angry at everyone around me, particularly this friend, not because I am mad at them, I am angry about what happened and I take it out on the wrong people. Last night I kept thinking to myself, why do I feel like everyone else is putting me through...
  • Pag.mars

Opening up in public for the first tim,

Soo a year ago I caught a family member peaking in my room when I was changing. I got really concerned and anxious at this. About six months later I remembered this one incident where I think he may have touched me. I explained it to somebody at rainn.org and she suggested I join support groups and things so here I am. I struggle with panic attacks, anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, and...
  • donnawanda

Need to change

I just need to put something new on here so the first post that comes up is not something highly disturbing.All children are innocent and deserve to be protected. There is nothing a child could do that could cause them to be abused. The choice and the responsibility always lie with the adult.Love and blessings to all survivors.
  • egan

Decisions...

I have been having a really difficult time lately. I can feel myself slipping back into needing a ton of pills/alcohol-- basically whatever I can get my hands on so when I'm not at work and my mind can be occupied, I have a way of drowning out any and all thoughts. I came up with an idea of how maybe I can help myself. I have read so many posts and most of the time the biggest help if you're in a...
  • egan

Getting It Out *THIS MAY TRIGGER YOU*

I'm brand new to this and honestly am completely unsure about how I feel telling people. There are three people that know, my boyfriend of four years, an old therapist I had, and a wonderful man I spoke to when I thought about killing myself and called a crisis hotline. Each time telling the actual story gets a bit easier, but for whatever reason the pain never seems to go away. So I guess here's...
  • Kenzington0

Am I better off not knowing?

26 year old female. I have no memories of sexual abuse by my father. I do, however, have an intuitive feeling that something wrong happened. I asked my mother about it, and she almost casually agreed that she always wondered herself. I have researched endlessly on adult manifestations of childhood sexual abuse. I would say I have 95-98% of all symptoms listed on every credible site I have found....
  • Pag.mars

Feelings of numbness?

Do you ever sit in a room full of people, and feel like there's literally nothing inside you? Like not just that you don't feel anything, but like when you talk to people you have nothing to say, because you can't think. Can't think of anything like you used to. Can't feel anything till you cry and then you'll go days on end crying. Can't talk unless it's about how you're feeling and even then,...
  • SuzA66

The New Daily Strength Format

Frustrating. Dislike it. No, the truth is, I hate it! I can only type two lines at a time when replying to a post. The colors do not lend themselves to easy reading. Cannot see multiple posts at a time, which the old format allowed me to do. Hate that the first post is an advertisement. So tempted to quit since this format is not user-friendly and it feels as if I've lost touch with people...
  • Loan86

girlfriend was sexually abused by father..

hello everyonei'm a 29 year old man dating a 24 year old girl that has been robbed of her childhood by her father with continued sexual abuse througout her young life.. (the abuse stopped in her teens) she has been very open to me about her past and of her hatred towards her father.. theres been times shes cried and explicitly told me (in brutal details) how she wanted this man to suffer and die...
  • Preciousbabygirl

I don't know what to do

I keep telling myself that it was a long time ago and that the past can't jump up and bite me anymore but I'm waiting for the day when he walks through that door with a gun and kills me for telling the story. I'm wriing my Autobiography and my therapist is urging me to get it done quickly so that we can process it sooner rather than later and I keep having these images of him walking through that...
  • donnawanda

Illness

Has anyone else had the feeling during the process of trying to remember and heal what happened that you were going to get fatally ill instead? I have this fear.
  • gettingitstraight

Things I do

Most of what happened to me I still am on a mental block about everything that happened however I have healed for the most part but I spend a lot of time thinking about everything I did while I was dealing with the process and becoming who I am today I was 5 or 6 when it happened I am now 48 I have 2 daughters who I raise 80 percent of the time alone anyhow there's a lot of parts of my growing...
  • dsf95

PTSD from incest

PTSD, or my version of it, was triggered last year by an assault. Started having nightmares again in March. My husband had to wake me up because I was moaning in my sleep a few nights ago; that hasn't happened for a while. If I was a veteran with PTSD, I'd get some sympathy. But I have trauma from something no one wants to talk about; incest is a word you're not allowed to say in polite company....
  • ShineHowl

I think about my brother a lot

As you can tell from the title, I think about my older brother a lot. I'm not sexually or romantically attracted to him, but I do imagine scenerios with us doing things. Some sexual, mostly not.I'm a people pleaser, and ever since I was younger, I've wanted to please my brother. I'd do his chores, give him my snacks at recess, let him have my computer time, things like that. We used to be close,...
  • ShineHowl

My whole family is screwed up.

I've had sexual/inappropriate encounters with multiple people in my family, some worse than others. I never actually told anyone the full list of things that happened, and I feel like I should open up about it. 1. I was very young, under 5, playing truth or dare with my brother, cousin, and best friend. My cousin and I were 'daredevils', meaning we haven't refused any dare given us yet. My...