Incest Survivors Support Group

Incest refers to any sexual activity between closely related persons that is illegal or socially taboo. Consensual adult incest is very rare. Incest between adults and prepubescent or adolescent children is a form of child sexual abuse that has been shown to be one of the most extreme forms of childhood trauma. If you or a loved one is a survivor of incest, join the group and find support.

4 Online
4 Online
  • gettingitstraight

Things I do

Most of what happened to me I still am on a mental block about everything that happened however I have healed for the most part but I spend a lot of time thinking about everything I did while I was dealing with the process and becoming who I am today I was 5 or 6 when it happened I am now 48 I have 2 daughters who I raise 80 percent of the time alone anyhow there's a lot of parts of my growing...
  • dsf95

PTSD from incest

PTSD, or my version of it, was triggered last year by an assault. Started having nightmares again in March. My husband had to wake me up because I was moaning in my sleep a few nights ago; that hasn't happened for a while. If I was a veteran with PTSD, I'd get some sympathy. But I have trauma from something no one wants to talk about; incest is a word you're not allowed to say in polite company....
  • As you can tell from the title, I think about my older brother a lot. I'm not sexually or romantically attracted to him, but I do imagine scenerios with us doing things. Some sexual, mostly not.I'm a people pleaser, and ever since I was younger, I've wanted to please my brother. I'd do his chores, give him my snacks at recess, let him have my computer time, things like that. We used to be close,...
  • I've had sexual/inappropriate encounters with multiple people in my family, some worse than others. I never actually told anyone the full list of things that happened, and I feel like I should open up about it. 1. I was very young, under 5, playing truth or dare with my brother, cousin, and best friend. My cousin and I were 'daredevils', meaning we haven't refused any dare given us yet. My...
  • donnawanda

Illness

Has anyone else had the feeling during the process of trying to remember and heal what happened that you were going to get fatally ill instead? I have this fear.
  • 26 year old female. I have no memories of sexual abuse by my father. I do, however, have an intuitive feeling that something wrong happened. I asked my mother about it, and she almost casually agreed that she always wondered herself. I have researched endlessly on adult manifestations of childhood sexual abuse. I would say I have 95-98% of all symptoms listed on every credible site I have found....
  • csajourney

UNBELIEVABLE!

I have a feeling that I am not the only incest survivor to have been told that our story was "unbelievable." Is the reason because of the difficulty it was for us to tell or write the story, with tears pouring down our faces? How I want to bitch slap these people whose first reactions include expressions like, "I can't believe he/she did that" or "I can't believe you did or didn't (do this or...
  • Frustrating. Dislike it. No, the truth is, I hate it! I can only type two lines at a time when replying to a post. The colors do not lend themselves to easy reading. Cannot see multiple posts at a time, which the old format allowed me to do. Hate that the first post is an advertisement. So tempted to quit since this format is not user-friendly and it feels as if I've lost touch with people...
  • I got this from a friend, about 40 years or so ago and I found it while going through some of my things. I think that this letter should be given to ALL perps or people toying with the idea of perpetration. I don't know if any man or woman has a clue as to what it is going to do to their child.Dear Father, Stepfather, Brother, Grandfather, Neightor, Uncle, Whoever you are,You who see that...
  • onein10

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

I can honestly say that I would change a thing about my life, not the incest, not the sexual abuse. It has made me into the person, mother, & wife that I am today. It hasn't been an easy road to recovery and there are still days that anxiety grabs hold of my heart, but I wouldn't change a thing. What we have been through is something that can never be undone. What we have to understand now is...
  • I'm wondering how significant others handle knowledge of abuse - if there is a signtificant other. OR -a friend, loved one. whatever. My husband knows about the abuse but he seems quite reticent about the whole thing. I'm not sure what to expect. should I expect anything? Is there anyone out there who feels incredibly supported by someone they love? what is it that they are getting from...
  • Greetings all - I am fairly new to this group - and am so glad to have found it. You all seem so incredibly brave and I find so many of the posts to be incredibly inspiring. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with repressed memories of incest and willing to share their experience ? I've been in therapy for 7 years, 4 of which included EMDR and about a month ago, a repressed memory...
  • how the hell do you deal with the world seeing your abuser as a god among men? how is it possible that nobody else can see their slime leaking out?
  • I see my mom, dad, and Lord help me.. my sister and brother. It's genetic. What I fail to see is me. What do I look like aside from them? My BF said that what I see is my personal interpretation of my real reflection. My question is for those people who are not biologically related to their abuser(s). When you see yourself in the mirror, do you in some way see a resemblance to those abuser(s)?...
  • violet825

Hello, I'm new

Hi all, I really don't know how to begin this. I have never joined a group like this before. I am a survivor of incest by the father from the age of 9 to the age of 13. Some years ago I confronted both parents after carrying the disgust and shame around for 40 years, and have been more or less shunned by the family ever since. Neither of them attempted to deny it, interestingly--but the...