Food Addiction Support Group

An individual suffering from a food addiction disorder frequently experiences episodes of uncontrolled eating, or binging, during which they may feel frenzied or out of control. They will eat much more quickly than is normal, and continue to eat even past the point of being uncomfortably full. Binging in this way is generally followed by a period of intense guilt feelings and depression.

1 Online
  • ChipperK

Out of control

This is the first time I have said anything like this out loud or joined something like this but I feel like I am sinking, I eat crappy food and while I'm eating it I feel happy and comforted and safe but afterwards I get this sickening guilty feeling that lasts for a long time which makes me want to eat more. I don't know how to stop doing this, I feel like all I think about is food, it rules my...
  • elise7793

Food & body image (23 y/o)

Hey all,I was really resistant to coming here. I'm new to this group, and I worried about sharing my feelings for fear of sinking deeply into my own sadness. So, as with everything else, I need to moderate the amount of time I spend here. That being said, I'm really grateful for your support. I already see people posting all these wonderful, empathetic responses; so far, I have not seen one post...
  • vipersgirl49

New and in need of help

I am a 29 year old woman, and I suffer from food addiction. It has always been there for me when nobody else was! It became my comfort and my go to at a young age and has continued to haunt me through my adult life. I recently lost almost 80 lbs and now am slowly gaining it back because I can not control myself with food! It seems at times it is ALL I can think about even if I am not hungry and...
  • steampunklady

Coming to terms

Hello, not sure how to start this, but I will. My name is Maddie, and I am addicted to food. I try not to let it define me, and I try not to let food control my life. Unfortunately, my weight has contributed to a number of health problems, constraint embarrassment, and a very low self esteem. My mental health is at high risk, and I have done the best thing I could have done for myself a few weeks...
  • djai

Food Always Wins

Food controls my life! I cannot function during the day without eating sweets, drinking soda or eating fast food. When I attempt to eliminate those unhealthy foods, I fail almost immediately. I try dieting and exercising but slow progress or no progress at all causes me to binge eat and wipe away any progress. Last year around this time I started the south beach diet and Shaun T's T-25, I...
  • mycroftholmes

Where to start?

I'm 27 years old. I don't believe I've had a worst relationship with food than I do now. Either that or the weight is just catching up with me now. I used to have severe anxiety induced IBS, where I couldn't eat much of anything. My weight then hovered around 150lbs and at 5'7" that is a pretty good weight. I'm at 200lbs after years of fluctuations, but mostly an upward trend. This week I...
  • El1zabeth

14 y/o with a weight loss ambition

Hey, my name is Elizabeth and I am a 14 year old girl who is 173cm and 70kg. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, and I remember being the biggest one on my class in primary school. I didn't really think too much about my weight until I was probably in year 8. Home stresses and falling behind in school work lead to stress and mild depression where food was a comfort. I...
  • wanttobehealthy

I don't know what to do anymore...

Hi all. I'm desperate for help. Tonight I binged on just about anything I could get my hands on. Now my stomach is distended and I'm so full it hurts. I probably binge about 4-6 times a month. I have ups-and-downs. I'm training for a marathon so some weeks I'll go without binging and I feel great about myself and the way I look. And then I get the mindset like, I'm losing weight so let me cheat...
  • djai

One Binge Leads to Another Binge -_-

I binged and I felt horrible because I wanted to "take control" of my life by limiting the amount of food I eat and only eating for energy instead of satisfaction but that plan fell through like so many others. I binged three more times this week, eating candy, chips, pizza, cookies, drinking soda and Kool-Aid! I just cannot help myself. It is very frustrating after I have consumed ALL the food...
  • Moncheche

Moving along

I've struggled with weight almost all of my life.  My addiction (food) steers most everthing I do.  After realizing that I WAS addicted, I researched the 'why' behind it.It was sugars, carbs, etc.  I removed most of those and my weight is down over 70 pounds.  Trouble is, I still have an inappropriate relationship with some foods that are NOT full of any carbs or starches.  I feel I can win...
  • ss1971

FA And now I can't stop

Greeting everyone. I'm a 45 yo male and have been obese forever.  I started attending FA meetings and managed To gain my abstinence for 5 months. I had a break last march and haven't stopped yet .. gained 100lbs.Are there any other FA members on this site?
  • velvetmole

Confused about my relationship with food...

Hi all, I'm not certain I know what to say here. I've been on a search for the past few years as to the nature of my relationship with food (as well as what might constitute an eating disorder). I have friends who tell me I should try a support group and since I am shy, here I am. I have an emotional relationship with food. I don't binge or purge or starve myself, but I do seem to subsist on...
  • akarn

Struggling

Hello, I am nw here. I weight about 270 pounds and I am 5'2. I am from Canada but currntly living in th UK with my husband and until we get set up on our own we are staying at his parents house. We got married last year but just did the paperwork and we are planning our wedding for this october. I have a food addiction, I have known now for a while and never even tried to do anything about it but...
  • avosfed

Help, advice & support

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000003907 StartFragment:0000000454 EndFragment:0000003891Hi everyone,I am new to the group and could really do with some help or advice from others going through the same thing or who understand and can relate to my problem.I have been suffering from binge eating / OSFED (other specified eating disorder) for about a year now.I had therapy (CBT) which...
  • Yolande

Binging hell...

I have never reached out or even spoken about the difficulties that I am facing until now. I am a binge eater and it is only getting worse. I feel so extremely embarrassed and pathetic. I never thought in a million years that I would be the type of person to say that I have a eating disorder and it feels horrible. I am overweight but not obese, which is funny because if anyone had to see the...