Food Addiction Support Group

An individual suffering from a food addiction disorder frequently experiences episodes of uncontrolled eating, or binging, during which they may feel frenzied or out of control. They will eat much more quickly than is normal, and continue to eat even past the point of being uncomfortably full. Binging in this way is generally followed by a period of intense guilt feelings and depression.

0 Online
  • LiliannB

Binge Free challenge!!

Today I challenge myself not to eat, binge on sweets ..I keep it simple ... 3 meals and no snacking!! My method..I did good so far today and did not snack on sweets!!! The only family member who can eat sweets is my mom ...not me!! Learning to say NO!! :)Anyone can join me and post daily.Lili
  • Back in grade school,where I had entered the dieting world..was excused from gym and thru the years had spent about $1.000 or more on self help books,diet books,slim fast shakes,xenical diet pills,fitness videos and gadgets.etc .. was as it worth twice,but gained. I will be 50,in 2017 and finally coming to my is first and weight loss is the bonus. I promise myself...
  • asuka

I’m feeling a little troubled lately. I noticed that I’ve been having this unhealthy eating pattern causing me to feel really bad for a while now. I noticed how I constantly eat without feeling hungry at all. I tried to monitor myself and observed that I usually eat every 2 hours. And the amount I usually eat depends on my company. I mean, I try to limit myself when I’m eating with my...
  • ke.h

Losing Hope

I am a teenager who's been struggling for a little while. Two years ago I was hospitalized with AN, now I am struggling with BED.I'm beginning to lose hope in myself and my recovery. If I don't find a way to help myself, I'm afraid I'll go off the deep end. I can't stop these terrible thoughts, just the same as I can't stop my compulsive actions. I don't know what to do. I've done everything I...
  • LiliannB

Still Hungry for 50 years!!!!

Hello all...The title says it all. Am a life long compulsive overeater. Been on diets in the past,lost,but gained. Sweets are my downfall..My friends, but taking a toll on my physical health.How can I loose weight when sweets I can not control of????  I weigh 450 and starting to loose hope.  And accept my size and healthy. Just venting and gain some answers...Liliann
  • vipersgirl49

New and in need of help

I am a 29 year old woman, and I suffer from food addiction. It has always been there for me when nobody else was! It became my comfort and my go to at a young age and has continued to haunt me through my adult life. I recently lost almost 80 lbs and now am slowly gaining it back because I can not control myself with food! It seems at times it is ALL I can think about even if I am not hungry and...
  • mb19801913

Food addiction linked to my depression

Hi:I am 36 yo woman, who has gained over 60 pounds since high school. On a five foot frame, I have over 200 lbs. I have numerous medical ailments, and have been told numerous times that if I don't change something now, I will not live a long life. With all the awareness in the world, I still eat food not conducive to my well-being. I'm an emotional eater, whether I'm sad or happy. I binge, eat in...
  • artickitty

Getting back my life

I read all the posts and think ok. To loose weight you have to move,walk,swim =exercise, eat more fruits and veggies,healthy proteins, =diet, no more sweet tea=Tons of water. I need a support system all else has failed numerous times. Sighs.. I have the keys to this but this body/mindframe needs to get a little motivated. Where in the world do I start. Its all do very overwelming just taking the...
  • ViennaP

In Need of Support

My Binging Disorder is a roller coster ride I cant get off. Just when I think I am on the brink of success I seem to fall back into old habits. I learn new things from each binge. Triggers if you will. Yet I choose to ignore them. I choose to bury the voice in my head that tells me, "Hey, you are in danger of binging, why dont know use one of your techniques." Lately, I haven't been able to...
  • kmb1712

Hopeless and oppressive overeating

Thanks for taking the time to read. I’m 25 years old and I’m currently at the lowest point in my life, both mentally and physically. The terribly frustrating part is, I have so much to be grateful for – an incredible boyfriend and loving family and friends, a solid career, a new apartment, and my mother is finally cancer-free. However, all these positive things are overshadowed by my...
  • Yolande

Binging hell...

I have never reached out or even spoken about the difficulties that I am facing until now. I am a binge eater and it is only getting worse. I feel so extremely embarrassed and pathetic. I never thought in a million years that I would be the type of person to say that I have a eating disorder and it feels horrible. I am overweight but not obese, which is funny because if anyone had to see the...
  • jmt111

How to overcome sugar addiction & emotional ea

I am a 36-year-old male who struggles with food addiction. I am fine throughout most of the day, at least on weekdays, when I am busy with work and projects. However, I struggle especially at night, often right before going to bed, and on weekends, when I dont have much structure. I go to the kitchen in search of sweet thingschocolate, cookies, fruit, jam. Sometimes I will go for fatty, salty...
  • kailzo

Hi there

I turn to the Internet to help because even though I'm getting support from my boyfriend and family I still need that extra support from people who are going through or been through what I'm going through. I eat when I'm sad. I'm a massive comfort eater. It's how my addiction to food and most importantly crisps started. Crisps are my vice I could eat five-ten packets in a row without stopping....
  • Kir

Looking for help?

Hi all!I am a former binge eater and now my work revolves around helping others overcome it. I'm a certified life and weight loss coach and I'm offering a free mini session to anyone who's interested. All coaching is done over the phone so no matter where you are, we can talk! Here's the link to book...
  • Koyu

Not sure

Hi Group,I am not sure if I belong here but here it goes. The past 5 months I have been suffering from mild depression and my obsession with food has been enormous. I actually cried after eating my last piece of Kentucky Fried Chicken. And someone in another support group asked me about my food.I am a cancer survivor and an recovering alcoholic and I also gave up smoking but somewhere inside of...