Food Addiction Support Group

An individual suffering from a food addiction disorder frequently experiences episodes of uncontrolled eating, or binging, during which they may feel frenzied or out of control. They will eat much more quickly than is normal, and continue to eat even past the point of being uncomfortably full. Binging in this way is generally followed by a period of intense guilt feelings and depression.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Meesh1987

Sugar addiction!

Hello my name is Michelle and I am very new to this website. I wanted to join this group because I have a addiction to sugar. It had been real bad off and on for many years. A few months ago I was really addicted to this cake where I would eat the whole cake in one seating. the last time I bought the cake the next day I ended up coming down with a fever. I just wonder if I caused my body to...
  • I am a 29 year old woman, and I suffer from food addiction. It has always been there for me when nobody else was! It became my comfort and my go to at a young age and has continued to haunt me through my adult life. I recently lost almost 80 lbs and now am slowly gaining it back because I can not control myself with food! It seems at times it is ALL I can think about even if I am not hungry and...
  • Hello,Im 25 and in some way i have been struggling with food addiction since i can remember, but recently it has become a lot worse. I have been reading that the best way to not over indulge is to abstain from 'trigger foods' (for me its mostly chocolate and bread) completely.At the moment i am living in a share house and all that my housemates eat is junk. I am able to say no to kfc and pizza...
  • Marsquake

Can't sto binging....

Hi everyone...I ended up here because I don't know where to go. I feel like this bad habit is drowning me. I don't have the control of my body anymore. I don't have friends. I just want to be alone, with my eating disorder and mystupid body. I went to a psychologist, but she wasn't helpfull... she focused other problems, even if I told her that they all came from my relationship with food.
  • Yolande

Binging hell...

I have never reached out or even spoken about the difficulties that I am facing until now. I am a binge eater and it is only getting worse. I feel so extremely embarrassed and pathetic. I never thought in a million years that I would be the type of person to say that I have a eating disorder and it feels horrible. I am overweight but not obese, which is funny because if anyone had to see the...
  • Paigesmith

Down and out

I used to be this person who exudes confidence, who was up to do anything, anytime. I never worried about what I ate because sports kept me so thin and I enjoyed working out in my free time. I'm 5'10 and my weight my whole life has been 140-150 always. Three years ago I found out unexpectedly my new boyfriend and I shortly into our relationship were about to be parents. It shattered so many plans...
  • I am a 36-year-old male who struggles with food addiction. I am fine throughout most of the day, at least on weekdays, when I am busy with work and projects. However, I struggle especially at night, often right before going to bed, and on weekends, when I dont have much structure. I go to the kitchen in search of sweet thingschocolate, cookies, fruit, jam. Sometimes I will go for fatty, salty...
  • Do you ever feel like you are eating healthy, but still feel sluggish? Or do you ever feel like you just HAVE to have that candy bar or Mountain Dew? Do you have daily aches and pains? Does your brain never stop thinking so you can sleep? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions you need to try Thrive by Le-Vel. It's as easy as 1,2,3 and you start feeling better and better everyday!...
  • I am a 22 year old female, and most of my high school and college years I have been energetic and highly motivated. Yet this last year has been extremely difficult for me. I have become depressed, and now spend most of my time either working, or watching t.v. and eating. I don't really do anything else. I would call it mere laziness, but that just doesn't feel right.I am a hard worker, yet when I...
  • ughhhh.... i need serious help.I know that eating any wheat or sugar will make me horribly depressed and anxious. I know that eating these things will sabotage my inner-peace. I know this, and I abstain. Once, I abstained for almost 6 whole months. Inevitably, I relapse. I binge. I feel like dying. Through all of these ups and downs, I run. I run for miles. And yet. Here I am again. A weekend of...
  • oigo

Afraid to gain weight

I've lost weight... And have been stable eating for couple months.. For now i just want to maintain my weight... My problem is as i thought i eat better now... I still have fear to lose control again usually at night when i stay late.... Im not hungry but the thought of sabotaging my diet is tempting... How to manage This? And can i feel safe From worrying... Or is what we have to deal all our...
  • I'm not diagnosed as addicted but today I literally ate my stress away. I wad so stressed about my health (ironic), I left work early today. I just ate two full bags of chips and guacamole. I ate all of it! It made my stress go away and I know that's bad. I don't know what to do or how to stop.
  • jenntbr

Just introducing myself!

Hi everyone!Just joined DS because I'm finally admitting to myself that I really do have an addiction to food. I read a great article on nutritionauthority.com, and when I answered "yes" to ALL the "do you have a food addiction" questions. All of them.So, I am hopefully going to shift my perception and get healthy! A little about myself....I am a SAHM mom of seven awesome kids, ages 10 yrs to...
  • LiliannB

Intuitive Eating

Hello...Does anyone follow IE method? Focusing on eating when hungry and stop when full, not stuffed. I used to own 2 self help books regarding this method and am finally making peace with food and eat when am hungry and no dieting stuff. I am avoiding the scale and learning to love myself and not bringing my mindset into the dieting game land of horror...I hope others will follow... Take Care ...
  • I have been using food to "stuff my feelings" since I was a child (my mom noticed when I was around 9). As a child of an alcoholic mother (who is now sober) and a mostly absent bipolar father, helping raise my special needs brother, what i ate was the one thing i could control in my life. Now i'm at the heaviest I've ever been as i still use food to stuff my feelings, and i'm sick of it, but...