Food Addiction Support Group

An individual suffering from a food addiction disorder frequently experiences episodes of uncontrolled eating, or binging, during which they may feel frenzied or out of control. They will eat much more quickly than is normal, and continue to eat even past the point of being uncomfortably full. Binging in this way is generally followed by a period of intense guilt feelings and depression.

0 Online
  • Ash29

So sick of this...

This is my first post.... I'm in desperate need of guidance.  I'm 29 years old. I have control of everything else in my life EXCEPT THIS. The thing that scares me the most is that I'm not an emotional eater, I just eat because I love it. It scares me because I don't have an "issue to fix" that could possibly stop the over eating. When it comes to food, my will power is basically non-existent....
  • Jack217

Looking For a Friend to Battle Binge Eating

I really want someone who doesn't know me personally that i can talk to in hopes of being able to be completely honest about my true struggles and have someone to support me. I also really want to help and support as many people as I can, as I know that I can be of great help as well!
  • Ullpp

Finally Realising My Food Addiction

Hi,I am a 5 foot 3, 8 stone 9, 19 year old food addict.  I have finally come to realise my food addiction and decided to join a forum to discuss my addiction with people who feel the same feelings about food and weight.I used to be 10 and a half stone which tipped me slightly into the overweight category after losing the wieght to the size I am now I feel came with it an addiction to food,...
  • katie

enough of this s***

That's the title of the memoir I'm writing about the next eighteen months.  Seriously. In 18 months, I'll be 60 years old.  I think of myself as someone who's battled food addiction all her life, but the reality of it is that with a few short-lived exceptions, I'm actually someone who's mostly just given in to her food addictions her whole life.  I've thought about battling it, I've belittled...
  • bluemoonbabybaby

looking for a no-binge buddy <3

I've been having such such troubles bingeing the last few months. I've gained 30 pounds since April. It's so hard to understand why I'm doing this to myself but I don't have anyone in my life I can truly be honest with and not ashamed to talk to! I'm talking days and days of hiding and eating and spending all my money. I'm looking for someone to be responsible to and someone I can help out as...
  • manamoru

Emotional eating

i am new to the group. I have struggled with food my whole life. When I eat I don't fell satiated. I feel like my stomach is a bottomless pit. Then comes the self hatred and guilt. It's the first time I am writing this down. 
  • BornOnTheBeach

My Self-destructive Personality

This is my first post and first time I'm ever openly admitting my issues with food and using other vices as means for getting by.  In short, I feel so helpless.  I grew up in an abusive home and used food as a vice with no clear monitoring from my parents obviously.  If I chose icecream for breakfast there would be no one telling me "no."  Though when my 11 year old son today whipped out...
  • Dot13

Why did I go back to my addiction with junk?

I need advice, I had gastric sleeve surgery almost one year ago and lost 80 pounds.  I'm healthier than ever but my junk food addiction has reared it's head in my life after 2 years of letting it out of my life.  The past three weeks have been so hard and not sure why I've gone back.  Any advice or suggestions?
  • Sugarandspice

Binge Eating

I was always in control, at least somewhat, of my eating habits but now it feels impossible to control my binge heating. I feel like it is getting worse. Like my life is spiralling out of control with every bite I take and I am not strong enough to stop myself. It makes me hate myself. I had worked so hard to lose a few pounds but I have put it back on and more because of this. Plus, exams and...
  • Pinkee1986

hand to mouth OLD HABITS

Today i have self-control over what goes into my mouth because someone taught me to ASK myself if i am really hungry or am i trying to avoid feeling and owning my feelings by saying out loud how i am feeling and its ok to feel an emotion. I dont have to let an emotion lead me to the ALL TYPES OF FOOD to stuff my feelings or pretend i am not feeling a feeling....the example given was to say out...
  • MrBloat

Anxiety/Binging/Weight Loss

Hello. I'm new to this group and I just wanted to write about this before I lose my mind completely.I am 30 years old and I've been fat/obese my entire life. As far as I can remember I have always been addicted to food. I grew up in a house where delicious food was always available to me, and in ridiculous abundance. I have always been an overly sensitive and anxious individual, which has...
  • INSANELY_FLAWED

Food Addict

I'm 28 years old... I am on the path to weight loss surgery and after speaking to my psychologist I was told I'm addicted to food an over eater and depressed idk what to do about it idk how to fix it 
  • Brittany3333

Food Addiction How to stop it

Hello. My name is Brittany. I am 23 years old and always had a problem with my weight since I was young. My grandfather and grandmother would buy me many different kinds of cakes and fast food and I did not know how to control myself, I would constantly eat even when I was not hungry. I am trying to practice meditation and ask myself if I am hungry or not and if I am hungry I will eat and if not...
  • Pinkee1986

End of day

Progress is for ME to be aware of my OLD and NEW forming ways to express MY feelings and NOT EAT them away and pretend I don't feel... It's been a TRYING evening and I prayed for helped to STOP eating and surrender to MY Higher Power all my ideas plans trying to his ideas plans and quit trying to FAKE I don't feel... I do and I am responsible to GROW up and have self control over MY...
  • Sleppingbear

With a little help from my friends

I have been addicted to food for decades. Light bulb moment was when I realized it was no different from drugs. ( clean 33 years from drugs) but only clean a week from my relapse with Food. You have all been there, the it is only your birthday once a year thing. Ha! Two weeks later and just able to through the carbs a sweets back out. Could use a few people to help keep me...