Food Addiction Support Group

An individual suffering from a food addiction disorder frequently experiences episodes of uncontrolled eating, or binging, during which they may feel frenzied or out of control. They will eat much more quickly than is normal, and continue to eat even past the point of being uncomfortably full. Binging in this way is generally followed by a period of intense guilt feelings and depression.

0 Online
  • destiny

I eat

I eat when I am happy, sad, nervous, pissed, depressed, and scared.  I eat all the time.  I love food.  I really love food! I find comfort in food.  How do you quit something that is a necessity? Why is all the good/healthy food so expensive? I like veggies/fruit, but wowza can it be spendy. I think I need to go to a OEA meeting, I wonder if we have one where I live?  With all my issues, I...
  • madhatterWoman

I'm twenty and I don't know why I eat so much...

I think I'm addicted to eating and it's only gotten worse over the last few months. I have tried diets and health kicks and they work for a little while but then when everyone is in bed I find myself raiding the cuboards and binging on anything I can find. My current obsession is peanut butter I just can't stop eating it from the jar. I dorm get it, I eat fine during the day, I great normally but...
  • katie

enough of this s***

That's the title of the memoir I'm writing about the next eighteen months.  Seriously. In 18 months, I'll be 60 years old.  I think of myself as someone who's battled food addiction all her life, but the reality of it is that with a few short-lived exceptions, I'm actually someone who's mostly just given in to her food addictions her whole life.  I've thought about battling it, I've belittled...
  • ready123

Someone to talk to

i am finally admitting that food controls my world and I’m ready to make changes. I feel lost at where to start. Cutting out all “bad” foods and watching my portions feels like restricting and a setup to binge. Do people have any advice for someone new on this journey?
  • Lacy26

Emotional Eater

when i find myself mad, sad or down i tend to eat alot to make myself feel better but after i eat i just feel even worst
  • manamoru

caffeine

I drink around ten cups of coffee per day with tons of sugar. I try to stop and have stopped in the past for periods but I always go back to drinking caffein. I cannot seem to stop more than a month. I hate myself and feel guilty for not taking care of myself but feel paralysed.
  • manamoru

manamoru

I am a caffeine and carb addict. I eat all the time and feel guilty later. I can eat a bowl of rice and withing twenty minutes I am hungry agian. i want to lose weight, i want to be healthy and have control over my urges. My stomach is full but i still crave and vicious cycle goes on. i need help
  • Ullpp

Finally Realising My Food Addiction

Hi,I am a 5 foot 3, 8 stone 9, 19 year old food addict.  I have finally come to realise my food addiction and decided to join a forum to discuss my addiction with people who feel the same feelings about food and weight.I used to be 10 and a half stone which tipped me slightly into the overweight category after losing the wieght to the size I am now I feel came with it an addiction to food,...
  • Ash29

So sick of this...

This is my first post.... I'm in desperate need of guidance.  I'm 29 years old. I have control of everything else in my life EXCEPT THIS. The thing that scares me the most is that I'm not an emotional eater, I just eat because I love it. It scares me because I don't have an "issue to fix" that could possibly stop the over eating. When it comes to food, my will power is basically non-existent....
  • bluemoonbabybaby

looking for a no-binge buddy <3

I've been having such such troubles bingeing the last few months. I've gained 30 pounds since April. It's so hard to understand why I'm doing this to myself but I don't have anyone in my life I can truly be honest with and not ashamed to talk to! I'm talking days and days of hiding and eating and spending all my money. I'm looking for someone to be responsible to and someone I can help out as...
  • Jack217

Looking For a Friend to Battle Binge Eating

I really want someone who doesn't know me personally that i can talk to in hopes of being able to be completely honest about my true struggles and have someone to support me. I also really want to help and support as many people as I can, as I know that I can be of great help as well!
  • manamoru

Emotional eating

i am new to the group. I have struggled with food my whole life. When I eat I don't fell satiated. I feel like my stomach is a bottomless pit. Then comes the self hatred and guilt. It's the first time I am writing this down. 
  • BornOnTheBeach

My Self-destructive Personality

This is my first post and first time I'm ever openly admitting my issues with food and using other vices as means for getting by.  In short, I feel so helpless.  I grew up in an abusive home and used food as a vice with no clear monitoring from my parents obviously.  If I chose icecream for breakfast there would be no one telling me "no."  Though when my 11 year old son today whipped out...
  • Dot13

Why did I go back to my addiction with junk?

I need advice, I had gastric sleeve surgery almost one year ago and lost 80 pounds.  I'm healthier than ever but my junk food addiction has reared it's head in my life after 2 years of letting it out of my life.  The past three weeks have been so hard and not sure why I've gone back.  Any advice or suggestions?
  • Sugarandspice

Binge Eating

I was always in control, at least somewhat, of my eating habits but now it feels impossible to control my binge heating. I feel like it is getting worse. Like my life is spiralling out of control with every bite I take and I am not strong enough to stop myself. It makes me hate myself. I had worked so hard to lose a few pounds but I have put it back on and more because of this. Plus, exams and...