Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

5 Online
  • Lobo

My days are getting longer.

I know it's been awhile since I've been on here... I thought I could do this but I can't seem to shake this feeling. I've gone threw breakups and over came it. I've been dealing with my depression for years now and I've always been able too keep my demons on a leash. But this last one. I can't do it, I can't shake it I can't seem to get up and my demons are running loose. I'm losing and I know...
  • 8BitAshe

I don't know what I'm doing anymore

I'm new here and I don't know how to word this.     My thoughts are beginning to scare me now, today I refused a meal and a drink because 'I'm not worth these, I'm only wasting them' I've have a new overwhelming urge to commit suicide though death scares me. I just broke out of a depressive episode but it feels like I'm being pulled back in. I read over this and now I'm thinking that I'm only...
  • laluna_lasai

How do I learn to feel ok when I'm by myself?

I feel frustrated. When I'm at work or hanging out with people, I feel fine and happy. But it often happens where as soon as I get home, the weight of loneliness just descends and I become sad, anxious, and feel no motivation to do anything. It's like I don't know how to be happy and fulfilled when I'm by myself. It's like I'm dependent on the company of others in order to feel okay. Sometimes I...
  • HipHappy

Do SS/SNRI's steal serotonin from your gut?

I have a compromised digestion, badly. I notice when I take effexor or any med (effexor is the only one gentle enough on me not to send me manic) I get the runs and a bad gut. Now clearly this is due to the reuptake of serotonin and 80% of it is our stomach.Now our stomach is a second brain, so to speak, it has many of the qualities of our central brain and is linked to it.Im wondering what the...
  • Sarynecub

I don't know anymore

The last few months have been miserable.  We wound up in legal trouble over marijuana. He is facing child endangering charges.  The thing that got us caught was me. And he never let's me forget it.  Before this happened, I already had anxiety, depression, paranoia and horrible self image, but I never thought of death as an option.  Right now my choices are to stay with him and deal with the...
  • mlr0853

Works For Me

Are You Stuck? Depressed, Bored, Overwhelmed?POA: Plan of Action Group, M-Fhttps://www.dailystrength.org/group/what-do-you-want-to-accomplishHow about Doing this for just one day at a time...see how you feel next Saturday...stronger, accomplished, motivated, determined to be open to change.....Move A Muscle, Change A Thought....Post it note on your bathroom mirror and say to yourself each at...
  • Lobo

Moving on is so hard...

I'm doing my best to workout, eat right make sure I have my life in order but moving on from my past seems to be impossible. I tried reaching out to my friends and offer answers to what happened and no one gave a damn. It's pike nobody cares about My side of the story my struggle and ultimately my victory over coming this.
  • juleneshirts

Help anyone?

So I have bipolar and I don't know how to help myself but right now I'm really depressed can anyone help me plz I just really need someone to talk to is anyone even there?
  • Angelwood13

Really needing someone to talk to...

I'm new here, i'm losing all my friends and feeling like everyone hates me. I thought about cutting myself today just to feel something but i couldnt do it i went as far as taking a pair of scissors to my forearm but i stopped. I dont know what's gonna happen next, i'm scared and alone. I have really isolated myself and lost the only real friend i had...
  • Nic1990

Empty alone and tired of this

I feel empty inside. I can't even cry anymore, because it doesn't mean anything. No one ever notices or cares, so what's the point? I'm an empty shell of a person. Doormat, the go to if you're having a bad day. I'm so sick of it. I want to die, but I don't even have the will to do that anymore.This is how I feel pretty much every day at the moment. Today just happened to be worse than the rest. I...
  • 8BitAshe

Any ideas?

I don't know convince that worth anything. I have awful self image issues and I have such high standards for myself it's hard to get back up whenever something knocks me down. I don't know what to do to help this,,,,
  • Nic1990

I hate the word Pathetic

Hi all, just need to rant today, so bare with me. I've been emotionally abused by the people in my life for as long as I can remember. I've literally given up on forming friendships/relationships because of this. I feel like my life would be better if I was alone. Seriously, why do people have to cut into me all the time? Then complain that I'm so misrable or pathetic? Why can't they see that's...
  • Dan_99

Devil's tower

I'm in a place in my life where at age 45 my life is changing direction.....radically (for the better).I'm in the process of finalizing a divorce.I'm in the process of learning to not supress my feelings anymore, which means unpacking all the stuff I supressed over the years and let it go after I've dealt with it once and for all.......what a freeing experience....but its not pleasant.I'm...
  • Dan_99

Lost my mother in a clothing store .....

Often at the end of the day I have this feeling like right now, where I feel like I've lost something very dear to me.  I'm alone, and as tough as I try to be I'm still alone. I know its ok to be alone.  I feel like I'm alone because I'm supposed to be.I lost my mother in a clothing store when I was a little boy and I never forgot that feeling.  Thats the feeling I get alot at the end of the...
  • harcan

*NEW* Food For Thought; Grab A Bite (2.5)

Okay. So, to all my blog readers who's read my previous "Food For Thought; Grab A Bite" blog, I have something new to discuss and stress on that topic. I've probably mentioned it in the blog already but this is something I want to shed more light on because it's something a lot of us do and don't realize. In fact, my real purpose in creating a sequel to the first blog is because I just...