Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

1 Online
  • Im_tired_help

I'm tired

Everyone has good days and bad daysright? So what do you do when the good days stop coming how long can you push yourself on the hope they come back before you lose hope. I've lost hope and everything in my body tells me to go to sleep but i'm not ready to go yet but i also don't want to keep struggeling anymore. I don't know how long i can go before i give up.
  • I_have_been_trying_too_long

Help!?

So I tried going to counseling. At first, it really seemed to be helping. By the end though, she seemed to be rushing me, not caring or hearing me, and just really annoyed. I don't know if it was something I said or what. But it made things so much worse. Every time I start to feel like I might be able to trust a person, they always show me I can't. I have yet to find a person who can prove to me...
  • musicgirl1991

I need help

I need help .I give up .I was just put on medicine for my sever depression and self harm .And now my family is harassing me about my eating and weight .I just want to give up .The more in narrated the more I want to kill myself .I think I'm done Anyone have advice I never wanted to go on this medicine but the dr forced me 
  • macklynn00

what do i do

So I just got out of the hospital 3 days ago and it has been actual hell. I was in there for a week and I thought I was getting better, but when I came out of there I wasn't ready for the real world. My ex is confusing the shit out of me and everyone thinks i'm fine. They want me to be better, but I just can't. My ex is dating someone but she doesnt know if she wants to be with him. She said she...
  • Goddess

I feel defeated.

I just joined the site today. I am in search of support from others who may be going through what I am. I suffer from depression and its been extremely hard for me. I don't like the idea of modern medication so I stopped going to see the psychatrist. I felt like I was just wasting her time by her prescribing me meds that I wasnt going to take. I also feel like I should stop counseling or try my...
  • sadnblue8251

Lost n struggling

Over the last few months I have had alot going on. I went through a bad breakups with my ex,  had my character questioned,  had someone say that I was trying  to be like them such as dressing like them, copying their mannerisms  etc. I found out my dad was dead but it was a joke which come to find out he's alive. My stepfather treats me horribly sometimes. All this has got me thinking I'm a...
  • hayden1

Not a good day

So 2 days ago, five of my friends got into a train accident. My friend who was driving, she jumped over the railroad tracks and hit an electric pole. 1 of them is in critical condition, 2 of them were treated and released and 2 of them passed away soon after they got to the hospital. I am so devistated.. I have been crying ever since I found out..   
  • Angel93

trapped inside my emotions..

i feel so trapped.. i can't explain why but i am. like my emotions are controlling me and my every decision... i feel so alone and trapped within these walls of emotions.. moving out on my own for the first time, i feel has been testing me and breaking me apart.. my depression is just sinking down even further and im starting to cut again.. like tonight i just cut myself and i just cried.. i feel...
  • Juice

The F word thread.....

....ssi heading toward 4,000!!!Now, i know a lot of you dislike profanity, and that's absolutely OK. But we're 76 comments away from 4,000!!! So come on over to Off Topics and vent your spleen :)
  • kli

depression?

i have felt this way for quite a while now and everytime a friend i try to explain it to asks me how it all started, i realise that i dont know and to be honest thats quite stupid. i started self harm almost a year ago and i havent since november. but i still have self harm and sometimes suicidal thoughts. im in a crucial year in my education and passing my gcses is proving to be more than a...
  • Lazaii

Why me

Hey everyone. I'm going through another issue. For the entire month of february ive been having things dragging me down. My cat got missing, my boyfriend got charged for illegal things (far from over) my harddrive of my pc died yesterday and today the microwave just gave out as i was making some popcorn. I have been without income for several months and i wont be able to fix any of it or...
  • aspiringballerina

Feels like a ton of bricks

My depression is getting worse...it feels like a ton of bricks laying on me. Everything is just so hard and I don't have the energy or motivation to do anything.
  • SueB

Not sure how to name this

Last nite at work I just totally lost it.  For the 2nd nite in a row I did not complete my job duties, and I hate to say this but I could be written up for neglect for some of my residents.  I just could not get to them because of all the call lights going and I having to answer them, did not complete my charting, (another write up) As I was giving report to the day cna's I couldnt help but...
  • enfieldguy

Discomfort w depression

I've always had a level of deprsssion since I was young but lately with our two dogs having to be put down before Christmas and some medical issues I'm just feeling lonely and the things I used to enjoy mean little to me. But it makes me feel very uncomfortable. When I was young being depressed wasn't allowed because it was in competition with my mother's depression and all these years later it...
  • edend0628

Relapse

I have had depression since i was 9 years old. Im going to be turning 21 in 2 days... It still eats me everyday. I thought I was finally starting to get better because Ive been doing hormone theropy for 6 months now. I came out as Transgender last year and that helped a little at first but I actually started the whole process and now i can possibly have top surgery this year. I should be happy, I...