Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

5 Online
  • spotlessmindhelp

Sorry

i may sound stupid or pathetic for crying and being depressed over this. But I can't stop missing my boyfriend. I'm currently laying in bed crying my eyes out feeling that pain in my stomach tears that I've been holding in all day to release at night. I have this hole inside me that can only be fixed by him. I can't feel better. I've tried and I've tried and I just can't get him out of my head. I...
  • laur2424

Struggling

I just am having trouble with seeing my life going anywhere. I have been depressed for a while and from multiple things that have happened don't think my life will get better or will go anywhere. Everything in my life is blowing up right now and knocking me farther and farther into a blackhole. I don't see a way out, can't take it much longer and just want to sleep for a long time. 
  • Faisal__Kamal

Please help me.....

I still cannot believe that I'm feel embarrased and hurt just because my parents' not real supporting and understand my mental illness, I don't even know how to educating them to understand me:( when they're shouting, I'm having panic attack and I barely cannot saying anything:( I'm drowning on this:(It makes me feel worthless and depress, also the anxiety grows higher. Even every morning, I just...
  • Mikey2019

I need closure!!!

I'm 16 and am depressed. I'm not sure about my sexuality and the guilt and suppression of my feelings has caused me to be very lonely and to lose all my friends. I don't talk to family and am very closed off because they have made it very clear that gays don't belong in this family. I am highly attracted to guys but would like to date girls to please my family and to see if I am really gay. I'm...
  • Laya

What do I do?

I don't know what to do anymore, this is the second person who has died that I knew in the last two months. I can't believe he's gone and had cancer, I'm broken down and I was pretending as this never happened, but it's getting to me, I'm so sad and hurt by this. I don't know what to do or be ok with this. Can someone please help me?  
  • gretchenkv

Worried about depressed ex

I am not sure what to do about my depressed ex boyfriend. A little over a year ago, my boyfriend and I broke up (he broke up with me). He and I remained friends, against the advice of most of my friends. They saw how much I still cared about him, and didn't want me to get hurt. He has been depressed pretty much the entire time I have known him, and I tried to help him as best I can. He has had...
  • omgaust

idk

so in 7th grade, i dated this girl.  she and i eventually broke up and then i realized i'm gay. i told a close friend & the friend told her. she told everyone else and made people harass me on instagram and make hate pages about me. i lost most of my friends because of her. fast forward to 9th grade, the girl wanted to be friends again, she seemed kind of nice and she was really apologetic so i...
  • Daniel888

I just Wrote this, Im interested im here.

Its written to myself in a way.  Whatever you can take from it im trying.--I.  What in the hell is I.I feel dead and lost, bound and cast.   I am beautiful.  I love, I am kind in all ways.  But Who I am is muffled under some sort of thick fog.  I cant seem to find my way out.  Day in and day out with nothing to show for day to day, unfocussed and undesiring The God within me comes out in...
  • LicoriceDragon

I'd Rather Die Than Put In Any More Effort?

I'm 22 years old. I'm a survivor of child abuse, and I have been diagnosed with PTSD, severe depression w/psychotic features, and severe anxiety disorder. We were also very poor, getting kicked out of our house about once a year and moving at least 15 times in my childhood, including into an attic and a one-roomed shed with a bucket for a toilet.As a child, I got really depressed from being...
  • DailyStruggle1979

Grief

my best friend died suddenly Sunday night. I just talked to him Saturday (week from today) to confirm plans for this week because I was on vacation. I don't know if it was natural or drug related. I pray it wasn't intentional. I loved him beyond compare. My husband didn't like him so I'm angry at that resentful for his constant disapproval making seeing him difficult. I'm angry at myself because...
  • innj

Lonely and can't shake it

Hello to all of you.  I literally joined today. I aI feel lonely a lot.  It is becoming more difficult to stay busy, because going places alone is exhausting.  Most of my friends are married.
  • Kelsey1011

Depression

I tried to kill myself last year but jumping in front of a car cuz I was depressed!! This year I'm depressed again and haven't tried to kill myself but I keep worrying I'm gonna get to that point again!! Not sure what to do
  • A_Whole_New_Me_2017

Stuck

I overdosed countless time through my life.... however THIS overdose has been the worst. Two nights ago I took about 100 Tylenol extra strength at 500ml each. I slept from Thursday until right now. I woke up on and off today for a few hours and will go to sleep in a few minutes. My stomach is in so much pain and I am roasting. I threw up a bunch of times and can't leave my bed. I can't even...
  • Tim_h2004

Just gets worse

So, things have been pretty crappy for a long while... I've tried... But it just gets worse...Now I'm broke, haven't eaten in 4 days, getting sick.And in 1 week I'll be out of a home.No, family is not an option.  No, I don't have any friends.And no, I won't go to a shelter of any sort.I'll just slowly widdle away.  
  • motherhealing

feeling traped

ive delt with depression on and off for years, but its back and this time i feel so lost. i dont recongize myself any more, i hate the fact that people around me seem to add to it by telling me to snap out of it but i cant. I wish people understond that it dosent work that way.