Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

13 Online
  • help. I do not want to die. I have tried many things. How do I cure my depression? 
  • rainbowlegacym55

depressed that i journaled

I did a free form journal about my teaching career etc . i meant it to be private and  i saw today that i did not get the setting i wanted . So all my very private thoughts were on here. I am no weird person who taught. Left on a good note. Did my best to only bring my professional life to school.. it was very private about how proud i was to be a teacher but OMG it was marked public. I feel bad...
  • Katydid

I can't do this anymore....

I have no friends, the only person that cares about me in my family is my father (and when I was a teenager he flat out told me that he didn't love me), I have some health issues, my hair is falling out, and I have been struggling with a bully boss for 5 years.  Before her, I was moving up the corporate ladder, so at least I had that.... But this boss is horrible. She disagrees with every...
  • Loner

HELP PLEASE I MESSED THINGS UP!!

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO!!!! MY STORY REAL QUICK... MOVED BACK IN WITH DAD AND STEP MOM AND 2 STEP KIDS AND 2 OTHERS... ALCOHOL ALMOST KILLED ME.... I RELAPSED AND I THOUGHT HE DIDN'T KNOW... HE DID IT IS THE REASON WHY EVERYONE HAS BEEN ACTING STRANGE AROUND ME... OMG ALCOHOL RUINED MY LIFE AGAIN THIS ENDLESS CYCLE WANTS TO STOP TODAY... HOW I CAN START MAKING MOVES TO START FIXING...
  • whatswrong19

Feeling sad and rejected

so back when I was 17, I made the best friends I thought I ever had, and we were really tight for 3 years.  We did wild and crazy things that young people tend to do, and I guess one of those 2 friends is embarressed about it, or thinks I kicked her out of an apartment when in fact my landlord did it.  I dont know, but anyway I've missed her and thought about her and the other one all these...
  • b_happy

A Wonderful Night's Rest

Hey friends, just thought I'd share a very relieving, happy moment on here to balance out some of my sad ones. Last night I had the most wonderful sleep. It's been the first time in a while I got a good night's rest. I dreamt I was curled up under the covers in my grandmother's bed like I had done most days of my childhood. I felt so warm and it felt so real as if she were lying next to me. I...
  • Life_Is_A_Gift8297

Help

With my biolocial mom being unstable and moving away, my sister and nephew are out of my life, my eating disorder is getting stronger, losing my cousin and with the rape.....I feel like I am suicidal almost everyday and last night i took 8 diet pills at once. BUT i am here, willing to seek a counselor to help me cope with everything. I believe i can be ok.
  • baileyx3

So sad

man I'm so depressed. From the outside my life probably looks perfect. But I hate myself so much. I can't do this much longer 
  • Deb321

My x husband has depression

Hi All,I don't know if I am in the right group. I myself do not suffer from depression. Its my x husband. He lives in Florida and I live in NY. The problem is he tortures our 30 year old daughter who also lives in NY. He also has borderline personality and may be bi polar. No matter what meds he is on they work for a while and then they dont. He doesnt actively do anything to help himself. Does...
  • rainbowlegacym55

doing better but tired

i am taking care of my dog and she is coming along. Tomorrow i take her for her stitches out and see how the surgery went, She is getting so restless and i am tired of being a caretaker but i do love it as a parent of my best bud. Just am tired of all the mess LOL i wish i could find a way to hire help for one day to clean. i may do it as it is depressing. i was getting on my feet before she got...
  • jason181

depression

I've been depressed for years it all came about after being male raped.when. I was younger I've find it so hard to live now iam older I still haveing. Nightmares and iam on antidepressants but they don't relly help had counselling went in to a mental health hospital still haveing. Counselling iam now hearing. Voices I also self harm I just wish I could have all this stop
  • CalmSunshine

tDCS devices

Read some posts on ECT, which I think my Grandma had decades ago and it wasnt pretty according to my mom...but have seen quite a bit on these smaller, weaker devices that are sold as brain memory enhancers mostly and cannot be as a medical thing but do help ppl with depression...they are so mild and so simple they cant be patented, cant make $ off of, and are approved in Canada and Europe (like...
  • alexm99

Just sad

Never thought I was depressed but I show all the signs.  I lost my girlfriend 5 years trying to get over it but it's the hardiest thing. Out of a job, during my break up I was interviewing with my dream job but, honestly had no care in the world for it. Didn't get it. Haven't left my house in a couple of days and honestly I go in my bed and just lay there for hours. I spent 90% of my time...
  • SueB

well, here I go again.

Depression is creeping on me and I hate it, its that bad time of year for me.  (I wanted to use stronger language but decided against it)  I finally took a weekend off and all I did was sleep.  Yes, I've been working too much, Yes, after last week I really needed to rest, but dog gone it, sure would have been nice to do something other than, getting tires on the car, (they were badly needed) ...
  • Sly

I really HATE my life!

I'm 46, male, I have had chronic illness and chronic pain for the last 8 years. It is caused by a rare birth defect of my intestines, they are counter-rotated 270 degrees counter-clockwise. It didn't show up until I was 39 years old in the form of staggering morning pain. I have had 2 surgeries, the first in Aug. 2009 and the most recent Aug. 2016 for adhesion removal. The first surgery was a...