Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

16 Online
  • restlesdreamz

I'm tired of this

I have been depressed since middle school.  I am 32.  I've given up.  I think about suicide every day, the various, in depth, very graphic ways to kill myself.  No, I won't call 911 and will lie through my teeth to avoid ever returning to a shitty psych ward or hospital again, ever.  I've been there too many times and I won't go back.  I have been on lithium, lamital, abilify, celexa,...
  • noone

growing up and shit

the moment i had a thought to end my life was the same moment i knew i wasn't a child anymore..
  • Jilted2017

In patient treatment

I've been having major depression for the last four months now that is getting progressively worse. I rarely make it to work these days and I fear I will be fired soon if I don't change soon. I haven't responded to therapy or medication. Suicide is constantly on my mind and I have several different methods in mind. I'm in my thirties and extremely tired of the anxiety/depression battles. I've...
  • Angel09

New to this Group

I'm new to this website and group. I suffer with depression and still have growing pains. I have discovered I can't go without medication or I get paranoid and my anxiety goes through the roof. Has anyone experienced this? The hardest part for me is I have no one to really talk to about this or I don't want to burden the ones I have admitted to what I'm going through. Lately I have had a hard...
  • blind31717

Aggrivated

When it comes to my husband I feel like I never do anything right. I'm going insane and just dont know what to do. I wish I could just go out and blow off some steam. I just went out shopping for his birthday, I left most the things in my car but brought a couple things in. I walk in the door and hes like what did you buy and start going through bags. He NEVER does that. So I got upset because I...
  • unsure101

Trying to find reason

I'm kind of lost right now. I don't want to die but at the same time I don't want to keep living feeling the pain everyday. I think about suicide a lot and I always end up talking myself out of it I'm scared because I don't know how many times I'll be able to talk myself out. I just don't see the point in living. Sometimes I don't even think I have depression sometimes I just wonder if I have a...
  • Susan17

Depression triggered after surgery....

I posted in the injuries group but there is not much going on there. I have had bad depression and anxiety my whole life and have dealt with it with exercise (and medication). Now I have torn my ACL and am 3 weeks post op and the depression is severe. My depression has always gotten horrible with pain but I think the complete inability to do much of anything has just sent me over the edge. I am...
  • noone

the reason i'm alive

my sister came home and found me on the floor. she was upset which i expected. i couldn't open my eyes; i couldn't look at her. she asked 'what's wrong!' repeatedly. she said 'did you take something' i didn't answer so she assumed that i already had. she saw the blood on my hands and asked where i did it and if she could see. i was angry and ashamed so i sat up, ripped the towel off that was...
  • Mirian

I need help

i feel like everything is my fault i don't know what to do sometimes i think its best for me to leave this world. 
  • unsure101

Never been this bad

i have told two people I don't see the point in living anymore and they just  ignored it. I feel so alone. I can't seem to open up to people and tell them how bad it is and how much I think about ending my life because I feel like I'll let people down. I have to talk myself out of killing myself almost daily. At this point but son is the only reason I don't slit my wrist which oddly makes me...
  • Perry314

It's Been A While!

It has been a while since Ive been on here. How is everyone doing? Just saying hello!
  • question

Relapsing... and alone..

I think I am starting to relapse, AGAIN. The anxiety is finally getting to me again, triggering the stupid depression. I have started this pattern of going into remission for a couple weeks then relapsing for a couple weeks... today I just broke down; all the discouraging parts of my world all overwhelmed me at once and I once again found myself wondering, why am I even bothering to try to go to...
  • Felicia

How long has it been?

Wow! It's been forever since I've been on here. I've kind of forgotten how everything works. Anyways, I'm in a couple of depression/anxiety groups on fb and a lot of ppl were suggesting CBD oil. So I did some research and ended up ording some online and I've started using a couple drops every night for the past 3 or 4 nights just to start off and see how it would effect me. It seems to help with...
  • livewithintention

I want to be Living with Depression

Since I will lose each time I battle it. I can't fight it. How can one fight emptiness? The pain is real. The pain will always be there. Accepting that I will never be someone without childhood trauma. I will never be someone without painful memories. I will never be someone without triggers that make me gasp with a sharp twinge in my chest. There will always be a black dot in my heart. I have to...
  • Camogirl

Dont understand

I really dont get it, i always thought i was a good person trying to help when i could. But i guess im not i guess im some horrible person that people cant be around, every time i open myself up i get hurt. Why? What did i do to deserve that?