Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

2 Online
2 Online
  • neostarman

CRaZy

I swear I'm losing it. From the lack of sleep to not exercising, I feel I have no reason to live anymore. I just feel like offing myseld sometime soon. I'm just such a pathetic mess. People keep telling me I'm strong, this-and-that, blah blah! But what's really going through their heads is how f***** up I am. No one cares to get to know me cause I'm freak. A clown! Well if they want a freak, I...
  • Hey I'm new but thot I'd tell u a lil about myself.. I'm 24. I have two kids by the same dead beat sperm donor and I have a laundry list of problems.. I have had depression for over 10 years.. I have been molested raped and manipulated into doing things I didn't want to do. My first molestation was when I was 3 years old. Unfortunately I remember most of what happened. Fast forward 5 yrs.. dirty...
  • yetive

Can't handle it anymore!

Can someone please tell me how to end my life in a peaceful manner. It sounds like I'm joking but I'm dead serious. Ive come to terms with the fact that I'm emotionally unstable and it's been this way since I was 15, I'm 42 now. I've had enough. No lectures please just help me die in a peaceful manner since there's no emotional peace in my life
  • rebellious_souls

Family

Family: *Insults my weight*Family: *Insults my interests*Family: *insults my friends*Family: *Insults my music* Family: *judges me constantly*Family: Why aren't you spending time with us? You're very rude.
  • rainbowlegacym55

took a step

hello all . i am new here i took a huge step and started an ssri. i also have 4 days of not self medicating with alchohol i hope this helps me i am tired of being sick and tired thanks for listening going slow here hope t make a few friends
  • biaxD05

How to start again

Since my boyfriend broke with me two days ago I mostly haven't left my bed. I'm just eating something cause my mom forces me... I don't want to do anything, I don't want to see anyone, I don't want to leave my bed and I can't stop crying thinking that my friends don't care about me and all the relationships I had and all the relationships I will ever have are fated to end, people will always get...
  • emptysoul

Taking time off work

i have major depression and crtain triggers that make it worst. I finally decided to go back on meds. My question is : we are really short at work but I called my counslor and psychiatrist to see if they can take me off work for awhile since this trigger has my depression level at a 8. I found a private pych hospital but I don't want to go there yet but if worst comes to worst I will then my life...
  • Hurting

Online help

this is completely new to me, and it might not even be a real concept, but are there counselor or therapists that people can speak with after hours or online? I have insurance
  • ruthgrps

Question

Does anyone know how you edit in the journal area? And how you change your mood Thanks
  • Black_Ink

About my life

So today I decided to explain my whole life to the world.My mother had MS and a drinking disorder also smoked and my dad use to drink and smoke(he quit long ago). When my mother would drink she would be violent but she wasn't always drunk it was on and off. When she was though my dad and her would fight and yell at eachother. The scariest times that happen when she was drinking is she once...
  • greyhounds92

new to group

Hello all Im new to the group Im a 42 yr old from pennsylvania.... I have generalized depression due to getting hit with a bunch of health issues at an early age (as an adult) starting in 2001... Since then 8 yrs ago I had to retire early & go on disability because of the health issues and it really sucks..... Plus obviously my life never did turn out the way i had wanted it to but whose has??...
  • sarmar16

Anger

I got in a fit of slight rage today, for the dumbest reason. My friend wanted me to bring his paint to his house from mine, and he wouldn't stop asking so I got super irritable and pretty much lost my sh*t because I just didn't feel like going anywhere. I dropped them off and barely said a word to him, slammed some doors, and left crying. I'm so full of regret right now. I apologized to him but...
  • I was encouraged by the other thread about worst things to say, that I hoped we could get some good participation in this one as well. Those of us who struggle with depression, what are some things you would want to hear from a friend or loved one?For me it would be hearing things like "I know you're not feeling your best but I'm going to be here for you through this", "I know how hard it can be...
  • clarissa

last one

today i went to the school counselor, i told her that i didnt like my psychiatrist and told her how i was feeling and that i really need help. she was so nice and she told me that we are going to be seing once a week, i found it okay... also she told me that she was going to send my with a friend therapsit so i can have a better treatment. i really find this so good, i can beleived things can...
  • Hey everyone,It's my first post. I just wanna say how great this forum is for everyone seeking support on whatever it is that they need. So many people can benefit from this.I am here because I want to be the best I can be. I know these words seem overused but it certainly can be done.I know I have dreams, big dreams that I am capable of achieving. But I also realize that my thoughts are, to a...