Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

11 Online
  • confusedandscared

depressed mom

how does one stay positive for their children in the midst of their depression? How do I know what God wants me to do?
  • soulsearcher83

Angry at myself

I'm still turning to my disturbed parents for approval and I don't know why. If I have an idea, I run it by them. Thing is, when they are OK, they give great feedback. When they are losing it, they tear me apart. I only ask for feedback when they are OK. But I'm angry with myself for asking at all. Today my mom said that I know exactly what I'm doing and don't need help. I agree. But I ask for...
  • Rascimo

What the heck is wrong with me?

Hi I hope I'm not becoming a pain. But anyway I'm hoping you can tell me if I'm just being a brat or if there could be something wrong with me.  I hate hearing people sing. I just want them to stop. It slices right through me like a knife. I can't stand it when people sing to their dogs ( I do the same thing too). I'm a hypocrite for that and I really dislike myself for that. Please tell me...
  • Lobo

My days are getting longer.

I know it's been awhile since I've been on here... I thought I could do this but I can't seem to shake this feeling. I've gone threw breakups and over came it. I've been dealing with my depression for years now and I've always been able too keep my demons on a leash. But this last one. I can't do it, I can't shake it I can't seem to get up and my demons are running loose. I'm losing and I know...
  • Markthegreat1

i dont understand

its the simplest thing to do in this insane life.   so WHY, cant i take a stupid shower? and brush my teeth.
  • Lobo

One more day

My previous post was hard, and the answers are so very appreciated and I'm going to do them all. My job offers counciling and I got myself a journal I've been pouring myself into it. I'll burn it after I've beaten this. You know guys I've always wanted my own cafe and I'm gonna make that my goal. Something to shoot for while I get help. 
  • Imjustasad1

Family

I know everyone had family issues but I feel like nobody understands how messed up mine is. There's always  something I guess...
  • Angelwood13

Really needing someone to talk to...

I'm new here, i'm losing all my friends and feeling like everyone hates me. I thought about cutting myself today just to feel something but i couldnt do it i went as far as taking a pair of scissors to my forearm but i stopped. I dont know what's gonna happen next, i'm scared and alone. I have really isolated myself and lost the only real friend i had...
  • Nic1990

Empty alone and tired of this

I feel empty inside. I can't even cry anymore, because it doesn't mean anything. No one ever notices or cares, so what's the point? I'm an empty shell of a person. Doormat, the go to if you're having a bad day. I'm so sick of it. I want to die, but I don't even have the will to do that anymore.This is how I feel pretty much every day at the moment. Today just happened to be worse than the rest. I...
  • Sly

None of friends gei it, I want to die! Now!

I"ve been through Hell in the last 8 years. I see no hapiness, only pain for me until I die. My friends are all sick of me. They don't understand. If I could put them in my position for a week, they might get it, 2 years, they would kill theirselves. I'm ready for the 50 cent cure myself. I have been through 8 years of living hell! I'm fucking done! I'm losing my family one by one. Just tired of...
  • ahummer01

negative self image

i am almost 16 years old, 5 foot 7 inches tall, and just hit 100 lbs one month ago. i also have dark circles under my eyes that are very hard to conceal that make me look tired and malnourished. my entire life i have been taunted with names like "anorexic", "skinny", "twig", and many more. the kids at school (AND ADULTS) tell me to lighten up and eat a cheeseburger. i am a dancer so my...
  • Angelwood13

What should I do???...

The past 3 days i have been miserable. my mind is racked with stuff that i dont even know how to handle. I dont want to go to work tomorrow because i'm terrified i'm gonna be fired for stuff that i thought was resolved and people putting words in my mouth. i'm worried about all of that but on another hand i honestly dont care. I dont care about my job, but i do care. This is the constant battle...
  • Dan_99

Devil's tower

I'm in a place in my life where at age 45 my life is changing direction.....radically (for the better).I'm in the process of finalizing a divorce.I'm in the process of learning to not supress my feelings anymore, which means unpacking all the stuff I supressed over the years and let it go after I've dealt with it once and for all.......what a freeing experience....but its not pleasant.I'm...
  • Rascimo

Up all night

I hope you don't mind how long/short this is. I usually like to get into detail, but there's not much detail to give. I am on lucky gal to have the most wonderful boyfriend. He is probably a half hour away from me right now. I see him for the first time since my surgery this wednesday.He didn't have a chance to come yet we were both busy.But anyways he is 21 yrs older then me I'm 35 he's 56. I...
  • 8BitAshe

Any ideas?

I don't know convince that worth anything. I have awful self image issues and I have such high standards for myself it's hard to get back up whenever something knocks me down. I don't know what to do to help this,,,,