Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

7 Online
  • DepressedRecluse

WHAT THE HELL!...

Okay...what the hell is this ...now!!!...As you know...I've struggled with Depression...Anxiety...Insomnia...Suicide...and NOW!?...Well now...I don't know what the fuck this is...I can NOT for the life of me...quiet or silence my brain...or my mind...I am having racing thoughts...intrusive thoughts...it won't stop...and I can't focus on anything...I have SO MUCH SHIT TO DO...and I can't do...
  • Debbalina

Psychiatric Opinion

What do you believe your shrink thinks about you? I started seeing mine 6 years ago and I've been pretty much been on and off sick since then. She constantly tells me I need to accept where I am, that I have a disability, its alright if I can't work - in other words - pretty much no hope of a better life.But the fact is before her, I was symptom free for 15 years. She's only seen me sick so I...
  • prettybig

It's back

So I've felt this feeling before but worked so hard to overcome it and now beacause of workplace bullying I'm feeling down really down and its ikkyive just joined just sharing how I'm feeling struggling and keen to chat about it 
  • barelyhangingon

Dazed and confused

I don't really know which direction my life is going anymore. Have been having suicidal thoughts and dreams on a regular basis for over a month now. It's very hard to find motivation to do anything, feels like everything is too hard. Anyone else relate to this? 
  • I_have_been_trying_too_long

Will this actually help?

Ummm, so somebody told me that talking to other people anonymously would help. I don't really know what to say. Every time I think about the future, the next hour, the next second, I start to fall. I have no motivation to move forward. I have no reason to keep trying. I don't remember what it is like to be happy, to look forward to life. I am just so tired of trying to live it. The days never get...
  • Lonleyone24

Feeling Alone

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I'm actually excited to be here. That is very unnatrual for me. I don't get happt or excited. I have been feeling alone for a long time. No one in my life understands what I'm going through.Some say to jsut move on and think about a positive thing and the others say that there is nothing wrong with me so get over it. I just wants someone to be my friend...
  • gcoleman

depression

so i am a current college freshman and i am really confused and upset. i still dont know what to do with my life but at the same time i think i kinda do. i wanna be an actor because that and very few other things i would possibly be capable of oing. I am not that smart and do not think i will make it through college which really depresses me. i am a bigger person so it would be harder for me to...
  • Life_Is_A_Gift8297

Relief

So, I had my first counseling session today (no waiting list) so it was great to get me in so fast. It was overwhelming bringing up trauma and talking about heavy stuff, it always is, and telling your story again and again and again does NOT get any easier... BUT I DID IT! I OPENED UP AND LAYED ALL THE CARDS ON THE TABLE. Getting it out there is hard, but once that part is over, they know best...
  • whit22

Tired :(

It's hard to get out of bed every morning :( Anybody else have this issue? What helps? The mornings are when I feel most suicidal. 
  • Ghostdancer

Anxiety attack out of control

Nightmares have returned to the point of sleep being a fearful experience rather than restful. Fear driving a PTSD souped up on multiple medications measuring the days lately by how many or how few fear induced episodes happens to be in the majority. Returned from VA hospital today with an increase in both anxiety and sleep medication. Idea being to sleep through nightmares and not waken to a get...
  • Lazaii

Why me

Hey everyone. I'm going through another issue. For the entire month of february ive been having things dragging me down. My cat got missing, my boyfriend got charged for illegal things (far from over) my harddrive of my pc died yesterday and today the microwave just gave out as i was making some popcorn. I have been without income for several months and i wont be able to fix any of it or...
  • aspiringballerina

Feels like I'm drowning

I had been doing so well in my mental health. But the past couple of weeks it just feels like I'm drowning...
  • hayden1

Getting better

I just want you guys to know that no matter what you are going through, you can get through this! you are so much stronger than you think! Things might be hard right now but it will get better, just don't ever give up! Life is precious. Go out and find things you love, go and find your dreams and achieve them!! If any of you need anyone to talk to, I am here to listen and to help! you are...
  • cpt_vasquez

Pregnant with Depression

I just joined this site, earlier this morning. I was hoping to get advice on how to deal with this horrible depression. Before I got pregnant, I had depression and anxiety. Now, I feel like it's cronic and i dont know what to do. I don't want to be on medication and hurt my baby. I don't want to feel this bad and miss work, or gatherings with friends. There is so many reasons why I'm so...
  • ellabella311

I'm about to self harm

inthought I was going well but this weekend has been hard i dont know I just felt sad every night