Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

11 Online
  • cc189512

Parents

How can I help my parents wake up- they fight every minute of everyday and it's really getting to me- I feel like I'm past the point of going crazy- they have been fighting about something that has happened four years ago- it's time for them to move on 
  • aspiringballerina

I don't know if I can make it

Everything has been so awful. I feel like I'm drowning. I go back home in 15 days and then things will be better. But I just don't know if I can make it that long...the thoughts keep getting louder and I no longer have the energy to fight against them
  • Nickie1004

Not The Greatest News.....

Hello everyone. I have not been on Daily Strength in years, so this feels like a homecoming in some sort of way. I came here today because I have been more depressed lately and I guess I am just looking to see if anyone can relate or offer any kind of support. I have battled depression for 20 years now; I'm 34. I had a baby boy 20 months ago and he is my world. I love him very much. Before I got...
  • Sly

Just stopping by to update.

I haven't been here for a few weeks. I take Luvox for OCD and depression, I started going down on the dose, I was on 300mg to start, max dose BTW. The goal was 150mg before starting to come up on a different med. As I was coming down I noticed a point where I felt better. I then started going back up 25mg every 2 weeks. I hit 200mg and felt much better, The Magic Dose. I couldn't get off the...
  • aspiringballerina

I cried

I did it. I hit 130 pounds. And then I cried. I cried because I hadn't weighed that much in 6 months. I cried because I felt so guilty for gaining weight. I cried because I felt ugly. I cried because I HATE who I am. I cried because they told me I would be happier if I gained weight and I'm not. I cried because I thought I had it under control but the thoughts came rushing back. I cried because I...
  • musicgirl1991

confused

Tomorrow starts my summer break from work .im scared because I always get super depressed when I don't have work to keep me busy .bht at the same time work has been horrible lately and I hate it .it has been causing me to hate myself to the point of contemplating suicide on many occasions .i just feel lost and confused :( I wish I knew what to do to just be happy for once 
  • KasiKrik

It won't end.

The pain only continues and makes me want to kill myself.its taking every ounce of strength I have left to keep living even though the depression is literally sucking the life out of me.its hard to live right now.
  • Depressed.and.Afraid

Relapse and hopelessness

I'm 15 turning 16 in a few months.. I've been cutting since age 11 and I've attempted suicide 4 times. Obviously I fail at death as much as I do life. I have bipolar,ptsd,severe anxiety, and depression. It hasnt gotten better like they said it would and im losing hope and im losing friends. No one is there for me anymore. I put my all into helping others but once it comes to my needs no one...
  • JStar7227

Done With Other People

I'm tired of putting faith into other people just for them to spit it back in my face. I'm alone in this world and honestly I don't care anymore I work better alone I don't want help nor do I need help. Being a good person doesn't guarantee you nothing but being pushed around so fine if I start pushing back harder my headaches will stop I'm done with people who say they wanna help but just watch...
  • Razzi7

Appetite

Is it normal to not really have an appetite at times with anxiety and or depression. When I eat dinner I barely eat but I can just smack on pretzels like crazy but that too has decreased. I used to always have an appetite but not much lately. Thanks 
  • clauds359

Don't know what to do

im a teen and I sneak out with my friends because they are the people who actually make me feel happy we just kind of sit around and talk but last night me and my friend got caught by her dad and I'm not sure if he will tell my parents for the past couple of months I have been really depressed to the point where I was dropping my grades staying home and not talking to anyone and have had little...
  • mjm2

Depression

It's hard. No one understands really unless you have depression. I have been going through tonight times of loss of family members including nephew.. I would like some support from anyone I can find. I'm 14 years old. When I was 12 I was raped. I would like any help from anyone.
  • AdAstraPerAspera27

Stories

theres something I've never told anyone before And it's eating me up inside. Sometimes in my head I imagine these scenarios where like someone close to me or someone I love dies or becomes ill or I become ill and die and I don't know really how to say it but it's like in my head I enjoy creating these stories I enjoy imagining my family die and it makes me feel sick because I'm thinking things...
  • Rich3018

Don't understand

What good is it too try to get help and no one will help
  • ThatEmoKid0937

Please help

So, I'm new to this site and struggle with suicidal urges and self harm. I'm having these urges as of now and, being 15, I don't think this is how I should be living. I try and try but no matter what, I can't seem to pull myself out of this funk. I'm concerned I won't be able to control myself soon. Please, any advice?