Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

1 Online
  • aspiringballerina

Having a rough night

I'm so tired but I can't sleep. It's like my brain won't shut up. Hoping to start tomorrow fresh and have a better rest of the week because the past few days have kinda sucked. 
  • aspiringballerina

Unsure

Hi I'm new to this group. I've been dealing with depression for about a year now, although I think it's been going on for much longer. But I have a question. Is digging your nails into your skin considered self harm? No blood or anything just leaves marks. 
  • drogovska

This site is horrible

I can't seem to figure out how to navigate this site. I see something I want to reply to, and can't find a way to do it. This is not a very user friendly site.
  • Tiffany122

Maybe I don't understand depression...

Looking for advice or any info wirh what you have experienced... I'm just lost.  I'm sorry. just joined this site tonight because of another fight .. I use that term loosely because it wasn't really two way, just mainly him going off.  They are happening much more often lately. At first I would get so defensive, hurt, disbelief and then so angry and we'd end up fighting.   Yelling bad, etc....
  • scooterdh

Need advice on finding purpose

For about four months my life has been focused only on getting better and finding ways to move on with my life. I'm 20 years old and I had to drop school this semester because I was suicidal. I'm better now, trying to disassociate myself from a toxic relationship that started this nightmare. Now, I have basically six months until I go back to school (a new school hopefully). I wake up and...
  • SueB

I need to appologize

I'm so sorry I havent been here for 2 months.  I've been ok, just a little harried getting ready for Christmas, then working wayyyy to much, I finally have a night off tonight and I'm really enjoying it.I hope to be here more now that things have slowed down a little, but I still need to pick up more shifts in the future,I hope everyone is doing ok,HugsSue
  • gcoleman

depression

so i am a current college freshman and i am really confused and upset. i still dont know what to do with my life but at the same time i think i kinda do. i wanna be an actor because that and very few other things i would possibly be capable of oing. I am not that smart and do not think i will make it through college which really depresses me. i am a bigger person so it would be harder for me to...
  • Yerushalim

Take another little piece of my heart

Life in general seems to be going okay, with occasional spurts of sadness but I guess that's normal. Lately I seem to be losing it, I'm in therapy, I'm on Meds, and yet I'm losing who I am. I find myself getting down about the stupidest things like finding out someone is dating someone else even though I never had romantic or sexual attraction to that specific person. I always see couples in the...
  • veronica408

Advice..

what do you do when you lost all motivation to communicate your feelings ?..
  • JFL0915

When do you know...

When it's time to seek medication?  I've struggled with depression since my early teens.  I don't think it ever fully goes away.  I've just dealt with it throughout my life but I am currently at a point where I am in a not so good place.  So much is going on and it gets harder each day for me to cope.  I've never been on medication but I am wondering if maybe I should.  Curious to know from...
  • kullensmom

It's been months......

I don't know what to do. It's been months and I've experienced my first death of someone close to me and I'm having stomach illness with no clear diagnosis and just other problems. I take my medicine and I go to counseling. I get up and get my son ready for school and I even make a pale attempt at working. It's so hard though and I can't do anything extra. I go days without a shower and ignore...
  • yetive

Afraid to start over

unfortunately I'm at a point where I pretty much no my marriage is over. My anxiety and depression played a role in it however, being married to someone who has anxiety and anger issues also played a role. I'm scared to start over because I don't know where to start. Im a weak and insecure person who's scared to be alone. 
  • wild_and_free

Need someone to talk to

I need someone to talk to and open up to who understands the everyday struggles, thoughts and actions of living with depression. Also working on not cutting which is really hard for me. 
  • AmberChristine

Prozac

I am taking Prozac for depression and OCD. It has had its pros and cons. When I first started the medication which was 20mg, I became exhausted. After a few days I had a derealization on myself and life, and became suicidal. I decided to half the medication and I am now at 10mg, which has helped me with my motivation and OCD. I notice things I never questioned before and now I see my unhealthy...
  • whatswrong19

depression and smoking

Ok, I've posted here a few times about trying so hard to not smoke, I got the Chantix, but it messed up my sleep cycle so bad I can't take it,  It took me a week after I stopped taking it to get back to a regular sleeping cycle.  But I have managed to not smoke for about 2 weeks.  but now I'm really craving it,  like being here, at this job, when I don't want to be here really triggers my...