Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

12 Online
  • euphoria

Dissociation

Hi,Not too sure where to post this. Anyway for some background info, I'm 17 and currently doing my A Levels (very stressful!!!). I am suffering from depression and anxiety right now but I am seeing a CBT therapist.So these last few days have gone extremely quick for me. I feel as if I've just been watching myself. Everything is happening around me and I feel so far away. It's worrying me because...
  • scooterdh

Need advice on finding purpose

For about four months my life has been focused only on getting better and finding ways to move on with my life. I'm 20 years old and I had to drop school this semester because I was suicidal. I'm better now, trying to disassociate myself from a toxic relationship that started this nightmare. Now, I have basically six months until I go back to school (a new school hopefully). I wake up and...
  • whit22

Tired :(

It's hard to get out of bed every morning :( Anybody else have this issue? What helps? The mornings are when I feel most suicidal. 
  • TheLastStanding

Stumbling in the dark...

I am reaching out...actually I'm desperately floundering...I suppose I don't need advice as much as I just need some company, some comfort and compassion. You know? Not in a creepy way. I don't know, I'm so lonely...I just need someone to talk to, but I feel like such a drag and a burden to everyone. I don't know why I'm posting this here, I'm frightfully aware that this post is desperately...
  • JFL0915

Inner Demons

Love this song.  So easy to relate to. "They say dont let them in. Close your eyes and clear your thoughts again. When I'm all alone, they show up on their own. Cause inner demons fight their battles with fire. Inner demons dont play by the rules. They say just push them down, just fight them harder. Why would you give up on it so soon? So angels, angels please just keep on...
  • drogovska

Emotions Anonymous

I just found this program called Emotions Anonymous. I am listening to Step 1 on Youtube. It sounds like this may help me. I am so angry at God, and feel hurt and rage. I suspect this has to do with my childhood stuff. On the surface I am angry because God won't help my mentally ill son.Y'all check it out. Do a youtube search on Emotions Anonymous. I am going to read about it, possibly get their...
  • aspiringballerina

Having a rough night

I'm so tired but I can't sleep. It's like my brain won't shut up. Hoping to start tomorrow fresh and have a better rest of the week because the past few days have kinda sucked. 
  • cpt_vasquez

Pregnant with Depression

I just joined this site, earlier this morning. I was hoping to get advice on how to deal with this horrible depression. Before I got pregnant, I had depression and anxiety. Now, I feel like it's cronic and i dont know what to do. I don't want to be on medication and hurt my baby. I don't want to feel this bad and miss work, or gatherings with friends. There is so many reasons why I'm so...
  • aspiringballerina

Unsure

Hi I'm new to this group. I've been dealing with depression for about a year now, although I think it's been going on for much longer. But I have a question. Is digging your nails into your skin considered self harm? No blood or anything just leaves marks. 
  • drogovska

This site is horrible

I can't seem to figure out how to navigate this site. I see something I want to reply to, and can't find a way to do it. This is not a very user friendly site.
  • Tiffany122

Maybe I don't understand depression...

Looking for advice or any info wirh what you have experienced... I'm just lost.  I'm sorry. just joined this site tonight because of another fight .. I use that term loosely because it wasn't really two way, just mainly him going off.  They are happening much more often lately. At first I would get so defensive, hurt, disbelief and then so angry and we'd end up fighting.   Yelling bad, etc....
  • SueB

I need to appologize

I'm so sorry I havent been here for 2 months.  I've been ok, just a little harried getting ready for Christmas, then working wayyyy to much, I finally have a night off tonight and I'm really enjoying it.I hope to be here more now that things have slowed down a little, but I still need to pick up more shifts in the future,I hope everyone is doing ok,HugsSue
  • gcoleman

depression

so i am a current college freshman and i am really confused and upset. i still dont know what to do with my life but at the same time i think i kinda do. i wanna be an actor because that and very few other things i would possibly be capable of oing. I am not that smart and do not think i will make it through college which really depresses me. i am a bigger person so it would be harder for me to...
  • Yerushalim

Take another little piece of my heart

Life in general seems to be going okay, with occasional spurts of sadness but I guess that's normal. Lately I seem to be losing it, I'm in therapy, I'm on Meds, and yet I'm losing who I am. I find myself getting down about the stupidest things like finding out someone is dating someone else even though I never had romantic or sexual attraction to that specific person. I always see couples in the...
  • veronica408

Advice..

what do you do when you lost all motivation to communicate your feelings ?..