Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

7 Online
  • question

Sad

I’m just sad. I’ve been emotional today, tired, sad, stressed. Lonely, even though I was surrounded by people. Sad because of the time of year, sad because of my mental illnesses, sad because of my body image. Sad because I’m tired, so tired of being insufficient. And almost everyone in my life is just so far away- not physically, but emotionally.
  • karaaaa.03

friends

so i have this guy friend. he’s my best friend, and he says i’m one of his. he used to tell me that i was his best friend. his previous crush, one of my friends, has gotten closer to him and he calls her his best friend. it breaks my heart. he acts like my best friend over texting, but he literally acts like i don’t exist in public. i’ve hung out at his house a few times. i do like him...
  • givemepeace

Shame

The quiet shame of depression is overwhelming.  I feel others can see through me.  See that I'm a shell with a withering, weak and sad soul. I pray that we all find a strong, trustworthy confidant to help us through our trials.   
  • C.lynn

No life

what is the point no one to talk to no one to love me no one any where I will always be last in place or second choice i just want the love of my life back but i know that will never happen I'll never get to be happy again not without him. Hell don't even have friends anymore. So why bother  
  • ItGetsBetter25

Minimizing little by little

I've become a little bit of a hoarder over the years. I've always taken great care of my "stuff," as in everything I have. Toys, clothes, electronics, household items, etc. The problem is, I have way too much stuff. When I moved back from college, I took even more items with me. All these additional things I acquired. I spent a lot of time today cleaning up. I spent an hour in the morning, and an...
  • C.lynn

Just here anymore

I don't know what I'm suppose to do I feel more down then ok or numb. Numb is better than this feeling I just want to feel better. I'm so tired of hurting and being hurt by the ones who are suppose to love and care about me.
  • kjpen

Today I should be thankful.

I’m new here. Not really sure how all of this works. Today has been a pretty rough day. The holidays are always rough for me, a high stress time. I’ve recently been trying to tackle my depression and anxiety head on and try to finally get better from something I’ve been struggling with since middle school (I’m 19 now). My boyfriend and I are taking a break to recover, so that’s hard,...
  • FeelingLikeShit

happy thanksgiving everyone

i know how hard holidays can be for some people. i am here for anyone who wants to talk. just remember, you are loved!
  • bean.flower

thaknsgiving

I had a panic attack last night, not due to the holiday but just because theres too much in front of me right now. Today I am supposed to go with my mom to aunts and then to my dads. I have decided im not going. I dont want to deal with people, I dont want to see anyone, I just cant. My mom said she isnt gonna argue with me if I want to be lazy and not go thats on me, but I'm not being lazy for...
  • JustJack

Is scoliosis my fault? Did I worsen it to 25°?

Hi, Im 20 years old and from 16 to 20 years I only weighed 55 kg due to mental disorder in school. But at 20 my weight is good. (Im male)  At 19 years they discovered a 25° S curve scoliosis. Is this my fault? Maybe if I had eaten more back then, then I would have no scoliosis at all or only 10°? Or maybe I sat uneven for too long at the pc desk with my legs on the table while leaning right?...
  • Getting-thin99_99

Im done

at thus point im done im ready to end it and the sad part is my first attempt no one stopped me and this is how i know no one cares about me. Im invisible to my family and everyone i know. So this is my goodbye forever
  • A_Whole_New_Me_2017

Doing good for the first time

I'm going to be 2 weeks clean and sober on Tuesday, I'm recovering from Anorexia fully for the first time in 9 years, reconnecting with family, accepting support from loved ones and not just my workers, I've been honest with myself as well as my supports, I have been productive, I have been more active, sleeping, showering more, brushing my teeth, keeping my apartment clean everyday, and I have...
  • Ceruru

Boyfriend relapsed on cocaine...

[we are in a long distance relationship 3 hour drive] Been together for 2 years. always been long distance. We are 20.So a month ago my boyfriend and I got into a fight, on the outside it was really petty but it seemed to raise questions (from atleast what i could get out ofhim) about being in a long distant relationship and whether or not he's "good enough" or "worthy" of me. I am currently...
  • JStar7227

Is It Even Worth It?

Why do I even try anymore? I just keep being nice to people and I just get it thrown back at me. What did I do to deserve this? Maybe I’m just better off dying the world doesn’t need a loser like me
  • Mypigjava

My mind is my enemy

I feel like my mind is screaming. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I can't stop. Like I think to myself "I just need to get thru Thanksgiving" but then I think "but what then? I can't make it thru work next week!" I need to make the screaming stop...