Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

12 Online
  • Debbalina

Weekend Check-In

How are you taking care of yourself this weekend? Any plans?Its beautiful for mid-winter here. High in the 50s and even 60 tomorrow. I plan to see the movie "Cure for Wellness" with my ex. Hope its not too creepy. My sister is visiting today, tho. Pretty dysfunctional relationship we have. Oh well, looking forward to when she goes.
  • MxrgxnSyxes

Anyone wanna chat?

Hi I'm 15 years old from England, when I was 12 my dad died from cancer and I guess that's what started off my depression. I've been self harming since I was 10 and it's the only way I can calm myself down. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and just wish I had someone to talk to. If anyone walks to talk I'll listen and give advice, you can rant to me and I'll rant to you 
  • Emerald0743

Hopeless

the past few days i have been miserable i feel like nothing will ever be the same there is a heavy pit in my heart and a haunting fear i have lost my appetite and i have been on edge and an emotional wreck i found out my boyfriend was cheating on me i found out january 5th I decided to try and salvage our relationship then feb 16 i find out he is still talking to the fucking girl and the...
  • nella

My colour is blue...

...and it still is. Sometimes I get this weird panic attacks out from nowhere. I'd be sitting, just reading a book, and suddenly my chest goes crazy. This happens to me almost often and then I'd be thinking about drinking or doing something stupid... Then this "attack" goes into my head and fill it with negativity to the point where I can't focus. I want to reach out and talk to people but then...
  • Rb87

Exhausted

Totally new to this kind of thing but I need to vent. I have been up since 1am worried sick after my other half stormed out saying he was going to kill himself (he is home now) but this is just another part to add to the emotional roller coaster that started at the new year. He blames me for literally everything that has gone wrong in his life, it's my fault he is depressed because I dragged him...
  • alpinespring

feeling bad

I'm feeling bad today
  • louwho13

I need help

Hi I'm new to the site. I have had depression most of my life and this week has been super hard for me.. I feel like the only way to help is to harm myself but I don't want to. I want/need to find a different way to cope. Any suggestions? Any people willing to help me out? 
  • DepressedRecluse

WHO AM I...

So...the last time I went to see to see my therapist... he told me some interesting things based on his observations of me...Apparently... I am 'guilty of the sin of PRIDE'...this made me think of a song I had been listening to...that I had also written down: "This is how I show my LOVE...I made it in my mind because...This is how an angel dies...Blame it on my own sick pride...Maybe I should...
  • paradise123

Maybe I should just accept defeat

I have registered to further my studies this year. I had always wanted to do it for years but something always had to happen to prevent it from happening. Right now I feel overwhelmed with the resposibilities of having to do well in school and as well as fullfing the requests of my demanding employer. Studying at this stage feels like a mistake, or is it? I'm not sure.I keep telling myself I'm...
  • EmmaRose88

Uncontrollable crying

This past week was hell for me. Had to take the cat to the vet twice. She's not dying but I cannot stop crying. I am trying to join social groups but I have not found one that I like yet. I have no idea why I burst into tears at anytime. I'm not pregnant. The only other thing I can think of is premenopausal but I'm only 28. Any thoughts? 
  • tailspin916

Please help me understand depression

Hello, I often feel derpressed and have the occassional thought of suicide, but I know I would never do it.  I've had this since I was a pre-teen and my bouts with depression is fairly minor and would not last too long before being myself again.  It was never debilitating, never stayed in bed for days on end and never talked about it with my doctor, as I feel it isn't really something to worry...
  • C.S.Ember

I'm getting worse

It's getting harder to convince myself that there's still hope. I've gained more weight, landing me at an oh so healthy 294lbs, every job I try to apply to has rejected or 'lost' my application, the place that my mother begged me to go back to ( the place she works) won't let me come back, I pride myself on the fact that I get off the couch, where I basically live, my house is to the point where...
  • TooMuch

EMDR

anyone have any experience with EMDR? 
  • hayden1

Getting better

I just want you guys to know that no matter what you are going through, you can get through this! you are so much stronger than you think! Things might be hard right now but it will get better, just don't ever give up! Life is precious. Go out and find things you love, go and find your dreams and achieve them!! If any of you need anyone to talk to, I am here to listen and to help! you are...
  • MrMojoRisin

Meep Meep!

Someone? Anyone?Is there anyone left?