Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

2 Online
2 Online
  • When did you last feel proud or happy about your own self? What were you doing back then? What did you accomplish?For me it was today. I finally took a full meaningful shower. After weeks of steeping into the shower , pouring some water on myself then just not feeling like it and stepping out , I FINALLY DID IT. Might seem silly , but it means a lot to me.
  • uagyrl

Relapse....

I realized I haven't been on in a few days. Not that anyone knew. Anyway, I went to a rehab facility for 5 weeks and just got out a few weeks ago. I've been doing great and it was so worth it! However, the last few days I've been having suicidal thoughts again. I want to break this cycle but I can't help feeling worthless and that everyone would be better without me. When I went to the facility,...
  • yetive

Can't handle it anymore!

Can someone please tell me how to end my life in a peaceful manner. It sounds like I'm joking but I'm dead serious. Ive come to terms with the fact that I'm emotionally unstable and it's been this way since I was 15, I'm 42 now. I've had enough. No lectures please just help me die in a peaceful manner since there's no emotional peace in my life
  • Sisiwowtwo

STOP

Before you go and type "i hate my life i want to end this" STOP!I was thinking the same thing a month ago!What if death is a never-ending life???I also want to give an end to this because i am sick of it!I am sick of the people i see every day BUT i wont kill myself...Not yet at least ,now i have to be strong and you do too!Think , there has to be something you enjoy doing!I personally am an...
  • i've wrestled with depression all my life but for the past week I've been experiencing a level of depression that I've never experienced before. I am profoundly depressed. The can't get out of bed or do anything that needs doing kind of depressed. I don't even know how to express in words the kind of hopelessness and pain I am experiencing right now. I'm on depression medications and see a...
  • to one of the best weapons against loneliness, depression, and sometimes bad guys LOLhttps://www.facebook.com/AllHandsMagazine/videos/856740351093085/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED
  • bridgie101

suicide blogs

Hi, I'd like to respectfully request that everyone who does a 'I want to kill myself how shall i do it' type thread be given a 1 month ban to think about what they've done. this isn't a pro-ana type website where all the deranged people come to talk about ways to self-harm and get away with it. This site isn't here for creeps to get their kicks.
  • Hey I'm new but thot I'd tell u a lil about myself.. I'm 24. I have two kids by the same dead beat sperm donor and I have a laundry list of problems.. I have had depression for over 10 years.. I have been molested raped and manipulated into doing things I didn't want to do. My first molestation was when I was 3 years old. Unfortunately I remember most of what happened. Fast forward 5 yrs.. dirty...
  • neostarman

CRaZy

I swear I'm losing it. From the lack of sleep to not exercising, I feel I have no reason to live anymore. I just feel like offing myseld sometime soon. I'm just such a pathetic mess. People keep telling me I'm strong, this-and-that, blah blah! But what's really going through their heads is how f***** up I am. No one cares to get to know me cause I'm freak. A clown! Well if they want a freak, I...
  • biaxD05

How to start again

Since my boyfriend broke with me two days ago I mostly haven't left my bed. I'm just eating something cause my mom forces me... I don't want to do anything, I don't want to see anyone, I don't want to leave my bed and I can't stop crying thinking that my friends don't care about me and all the relationships I had and all the relationships I will ever have are fated to end, people will always get...
  • rainbowlegacym55

took a step

hello all . i am new here i took a huge step and started an ssri. i also have 4 days of not self medicating with alchohol i hope this helps me i am tired of being sick and tired thanks for listening going slow here hope t make a few friends
  • emptysoul

Taking time off work

i have major depression and crtain triggers that make it worst. I finally decided to go back on meds. My question is : we are really short at work but I called my counslor and psychiatrist to see if they can take me off work for awhile since this trigger has my depression level at a 8. I found a private pych hospital but I don't want to go there yet but if worst comes to worst I will then my life...
  • rebellious_souls

Family

Family: *Insults my weight*Family: *Insults my interests*Family: *insults my friends*Family: *Insults my music* Family: *judges me constantly*Family: Why aren't you spending time with us? You're very rude.
  • Hurting

Online help

this is completely new to me, and it might not even be a real concept, but are there counselor or therapists that people can speak with after hours or online? I have insurance
  • ruthgrps

Question

Does anyone know how you edit in the journal area? And how you change your mood Thanks