Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

5 Online
  • AmberChristine

Prozac

I am taking Prozac for depression and OCD. It has had its pros and cons. When I first started the medication which was 20mg, I became exhausted. After a few days I had a derealization on myself and life, and became suicidal. I decided to half the medication and I am now at 10mg, which has helped me with my motivation and OCD. I notice things I never questioned before and now I see my unhealthy...
  • whatswrong19

depression and smoking

Ok, I've posted here a few times about trying so hard to not smoke, I got the Chantix, but it messed up my sleep cycle so bad I can't take it,  It took me a week after I stopped taking it to get back to a regular sleeping cycle.  But I have managed to not smoke for about 2 weeks.  but now I'm really craving it,  like being here, at this job, when I don't want to be here really triggers my...
  • JFL0915

When do you know...

When it's time to seek medication?  I've struggled with depression since my early teens.  I don't think it ever fully goes away.  I've just dealt with it throughout my life but I am currently at a point where I am in a not so good place.  So much is going on and it gets harder each day for me to cope.  I've never been on medication but I am wondering if maybe I should.  Curious to know from...
  • veronica408

Advice..

what do you do when you lost all motivation to communicate your feelings ?..
  • yetive

Afraid to start over

unfortunately I'm at a point where I pretty much no my marriage is over. My anxiety and depression played a role in it however, being married to someone who has anxiety and anger issues also played a role. I'm scared to start over because I don't know where to start. Im a weak and insecure person who's scared to be alone. 
  • kullensmom

It's been months......

I don't know what to do. It's been months and I've experienced my first death of someone close to me and I'm having stomach illness with no clear diagnosis and just other problems. I take my medicine and I go to counseling. I get up and get my son ready for school and I even make a pale attempt at working. It's so hard though and I can't do anything extra. I go days without a shower and ignore...
  • Emerald0743

Hopeless

the past few days i have been miserable i feel like nothing will ever be the same there is a heavy pit in my heart and a haunting fear i have lost my appetite and i have been on edge and an emotional wreck i found out my boyfriend was cheating on me i found out january 5th I decided to try and salvage our relationship then feb 16 i find out he is still talking to the fucking girl and the...
  • SilentScream

Letting it out

I am a 30 year old male, turning 31 in about a month. I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety & Clinical Depression around when i hit my twenties but have felt depressed, lonely and hated myself since early school years. Meeting new people is very difficult because I always worry what others think of me and feel I don't have the social skills needed to carry a conversation or hold one's attention...
  • bayingwolves

Where have the signposts gone

Sitting here with tears streaming down my face, angry because I woke up and wondering how I'm going to get thru the day. I am an alcoholic who after years of drinking now has chronic pancreatitis. I also suffer anxiety and depression. The days that I am not in constant pain I drink. When I dont drink I feel depressed and my anxiety levels shoot up. I cannot stop losing weight and am...
  • jaytay76

I really think I'm going to end my life soon.

There's really no point in me living in this world. Had a chance to meet girls and not be FA in four years of college, and I blew it. Now I'm in grad school and I'm not meeting anybody there either. Not that it matters, because I'm not physically attractive or interesting. It's basically going to be impossible for things to change as time goes on. And living in such a judgmental world where I...
  • IHateMyLife

Please..

please someone just come to my house. And rip my body apart...let me die a slow and painful death 
  • hayden1

Hi!

I want you to know that if you ever need to talk or vent, I am here!! If you are feeling suicidal or depressed, feel free to send me a friend request or message me anytime! You are loved! 
  • louwho13

I need help

Hi I'm new to the site. I have had depression most of my life and this week has been super hard for me.. I feel like the only way to help is to harm myself but I don't want to. I want/need to find a different way to cope. Any suggestions? Any people willing to help me out? 
  • TooMuch

EMDR

anyone have any experience with EMDR? 
  • MxrgxnSyxes

Anyone wanna chat?

Hi I'm 15 years old from England, when I was 12 my dad died from cancer and I guess that's what started off my depression. I've been self harming since I was 10 and it's the only way I can calm myself down. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and just wish I had someone to talk to. If anyone walks to talk I'll listen and give advice, you can rant to me and I'll rant to you