Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

9 Online
9 Online
  • I don't know where to turn or start so I guess I'm beginning here. I am going to make an appt with a psychiatrist on Monday but the pain and humiliation is eating away at me now and I need to get some things off of my chest before I explode. I moved to a small town in Virginia last summer to give my 11 year old a chance at normalcy. I met a guy and we would see each other around for a few months...
  • I've struggled with depression for a few years. I am extremely sensitive to antidepressants and everything seems to make my depression worse. I did have some success with some wellbutrin for about 9 months, but it stopped working. I need to do something new, as I know seem to have anxiety, as well. My doctor wanted me to try trintellix and told me to taper off the wellbutrin. I am on day 5...
  • stlake

How to Keep Going

I've had depression for decades. Recently, my wife had a bad cancer diagnosis. I realy want to end my life, but that would be selfish to the ones I love. So how do you get through the extrutiating pain everyday. I feel like I'm being tortured in a prision camp. Yes, I see a pdoc.
  • just so blah.. I try to fake it till I make it but keeps bubbling over
  • RedRoxy

Hello, I'm new here.

Hi everyone. I suffer from depression and have for many years. I'm a 44 year old single woman and I'm on antidepressants. Sometimes, I feel like I have a glimmer of hope about the future but mostly, I feel like I'm just drifting. Anyway, I will write more later bit wanted to introduce myself.
  • orion777

extremely bizarre

Hi,Thanks everyone for your support and comments. I had posted about a woman who was trying to get me to eat foods that I am allergic to and that I have a severe and possibly fatal reaction to. She stated for me to go ahead and eat the thing that I was allergic to and that she would watch. Guess what? That same day she told me that someone we both knew was dead-she insisted that he was dead...
  • a funny thing happened just before the 4th of July. I was at my town's festival held before & during the 4th. I worked at the festival's bingo tent. Saw the mayor; I have a casual relationship with the mayor. I sat with him at a dinner once and learned that his 2 daughters went to a camp & they were camp counselors at the same camp my son went to. They knew my son and liked him. I've seen him...
  • Needed to post again. Nothing seems worth living for. I've been a puppet to my mom's every wish this whole time and I'm only now just realizing it, that I've never been my own person. After only two months I found out the only guy I've ever loved never actually loved me. I don't have any real friends, I know that because none of them ever makes any effort to talk to me. I have to beg people just...
  • Kateg272003

Endless pain

Nothing seems to go right anymore. Lost my best friend and my family wants to move. On top of that I'm in the hospital feeling absolutely terrible and just want to be let free from this horrible place. I'm so sick of staring at beige walls having nothing to do all day for weeks. The demons won't leave me alone no matter what meds I'm on or what counselor I go to. I'm so tired of this.
  • The pain and being so alone has taken it's toll...I want to sleep and never wake up I hate my life and the person I have become I've pushed everyone away and now sit here all alone battling demons who are just consuming every ounce of me
  • rob30miede

scared

seeing a thropist wed
  • Recently made a major mistake with my medication: I stopped taking it. Now, I've been struggling with depression and anxiety for over half of my life, and you'd think that by now I would know better. Stopping doesn't help. But once again, I felt better and did the stupid thing. I kept putting off making an appointment with a new doctor and kept forgetting to take everything. But I was okay, you...
  • UmbryonGem

Starting Over

Im 21 and been dealing with depression/anxiety since i was about 14. The past year i havent had any kind of treatment because i thought i was in a good place. Recently discovered im not as well off as i thought. i know the drill when starting treatment, it almost always gets worse before it gets better. I just started this regimen almost a week ago and the worst is hitting at full force. I dont...
  • muskrattiger

good morning .

i just want to wish you all a good day with less pain both mentaily and phicaly ..........I keep you all in my prayers ......take very good care of your selves .....God bless
  • I thought I would ...tell you my ..good newes.....four months ago I had one of my meds changed ....and .....the depreshion just left me .....I dident know that feeling ....being with out depreshion ....with out the pain of depreshion .....I was afraid it wouldent last ...but ..I am still with out depreshion .....the only thing I haven't been tested .when my h use to go hunting or trapping for a...