Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

8 Online
  • struggling16

Hey everyone

Life is the same as ever.. hard.. I'm taking it moment to moment that all I can do and sometime that too long. I'm still seeing my therapist on a weekly basis. If I don't I know I'll end right back in the hospital this I feel that may end up happening again soon if things keep going the way they are. All these stresses are too much for me to handle... I'm starting to want to give up again. So...
  • sam445

meds?

So i've been trying to get through this depressive state im in without meds. I was slowly getting better, but the last few days ive been feeling down again barely wanting talking to anyone. Is the no meds thing a good or bad decision?
  • jay10101

Considering killing myself

I'm thinking about killing myself been going in and out of depression since I was 15 no one loves everyone says I'm ugly everyone puts me down every job rejects me and everyone says I'm weird 
  • acolliver615

Rough day

Having a rough day. Trying really hard to connect with my family but just to smile genuinely is difficult.
  • daniel6489

I'm ugly and pathetic

I don't know where to start. I've been plagued with sadness the past three years of my life. I hate saying it because I see so many people who have it much worse than I do. I read what they say, what you all say, and know my issues pale in comparison. I feel so pathetic and like I have no right to complain. I've never had high self esteem, but what I did have dropped off next to nothing in these...
  • M5pack

Mental abuse

Has anyone, as an adult ever experienced their mom/dad or both mentally and emotionally abusing you and all you crave is their love and acceptance? Do you feel like you just cant do anything right in their eyes but yet you try so hard to do everything right? Many say to tell her off and set her straight... I'm 31. Own my own home. Have my own car. Raise my children. Have a steady job. Never been...
  • flower82

depressed

Not sure where to start. I been dealing with depression on and off since I was in high school. My mom passed away from lung cancer a year and a half ago. I tried to be strong for everyone and put my emotions aside. My dad was in bad health for awhile and in June he had the pneumonia twice then this month he was worse than he ever was. His lungs had fluid in them, his already bad kidneys got...
  • One-day

No words

Hi I'm new here. I don't really know where to start really. I've been existing and surviving for many years. I'm not sure how I've managed all these years. Things are harder now I'm getting a little older. I'm not excited for the future. I'm scared I am getting more and more comfortable with the idea of checking out. I don't even know why I'm here in this website. I don't even wanna talk about it...
  • AnnaRT

I hate myself

I don't even know where i am now, I feel lost and sick of my life, I'm done with this stupid life I have
  • sinedka

Why did not I die? And as I said: Farewell to depr

Hello! My name is Sinedka. I am 35 years old.Immediately I ask to forgive me for my bad English. Why did I come here? A year ago, I got divorced. We lived together for five years. More or less good. There was family happiness. I, my wife and her daughter from the first marriage.The first two years we lived soul to soul. I took her daughter as my own. And this small miracle still remains in my...
  • Tazz_vb

Just cut

I just cut up my hip. It's bleeding only a little bit but I am very upset and I just want the pain to stop... I'm so done. 
  • unsure101

Need a better support sustem

I feel so alone I'm battling this depression with no one by my side and it's hard. I told two people I don't see the point in living they didn't care my family is to busy to talk to me. The only "friend" I have got drunk at a wedding a told a lot of people she hates me and the only reason we hang out is because our kids play together. Oh she also told me I'm depressed because I'm fat. It makes me...
  • davrta

insane

okay ao i 20 year oold and i think i have gone insane. i cant help to say things i dont mean , like i happy but i no where near happy , infact i so despssred i wanna die . i pretty sure i gone unless my situion changes . someone please help . i too young for this bs. 
  • astrophysic

Is there truly a dark side of the force/moon?

The answer is YES. Both are cold and inhospitable, like depression. I want to reach out to fellow depressives and say HAVE HOPE! In fact, I am trying to prepare myself for when my depression may intensify as I get older. Life will continue to throw all of us curveballs, so I for one want to swing a better bat!When I look back to my 20s and 30s and see myself wallowing in my depression- beleagured...
  • Imreallytryinghere

Someone....

Do you think god will send you to hell if you lose your battle with depression.....do you think god would forgive me....