Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

2 Online
2 Online
  • I'm not a perfect listener but I try to be a very conscious, active listener. I often end up feeling drained after speaking to people that I have extensive or in-depth conversations with because I truly am 100% present in the conversation. But lately I've noticed this resentment bubbling up that I can't keep shoved down. More and more I do not want to talk with the people I interact with the most...
  • Has anyone ever been prescribed a medication that made your depression worsen?My wife was prescribed Cymbalta, Celexa, Ativan, Seroquel and Trazadone and I think the medications that were meant to improve, made things worse
  • i really need someone to talk to. please message me
  • orion777

feeling alone

Sometimes I face a weekend alone. It happens. Other weekends I don't. It is scary and daunting to face a weekend alone. I have to admit at times that I've made a deliberate choice to be alone given the options. Here is what I mean: every year I would go to the holidays and my alcoholic father and violent brother would destroy it. I would go out of obligation and not to be alone. I wasn't...
  • I don't know where to turn or start so I guess I'm beginning here. I am going to make an appt with a psychiatrist on Monday but the pain and humiliation is eating away at me now and I need to get some things off of my chest before I explode. I moved to a small town in Virginia last summer to give my 11 year old a chance at normalcy. I met a guy and we would see each other around for a few months...
  • Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to respond to someones post and how to know if they got it or not. How do I tell if someone has responded to me? I feel left in the dark.
  • hotchocolate

5-htp

Has anyone tried 5-htp to treat their depression? I'd love to hear some experiences - either positive or negative!
  • I had shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair) 6 days ago and was prescribed oxicodin and ambien (pain and sleep respectively). Last night was the closest I have come to NOT wanting to live. Being out of contol of things (arm motion restricted, etc etc) really got me down, and I had a hard time seeing a way out of it.So I will use ALieve for pain and skip the sleeping pill.I never want to feel...
  • mkirby

New here

Hi everyone. I suffer from depression. Some days are good some bad. I have been on medication for years but still get really depressed some days. Does anyone else experience this?
  • a funny thing happened just before the 4th of July. I was at my town's festival held before & during the 4th. I worked at the festival's bingo tent. Saw the mayor; I have a casual relationship with the mayor. I sat with him at a dinner once and learned that his 2 daughters went to a camp & they were camp counselors at the same camp my son went to. They knew my son and liked him. I've seen him...
  • just so blah.. I try to fake it till I make it but keeps bubbling over
  • RedRoxy

Hello, I'm new here.

Hi everyone. I suffer from depression and have for many years. I'm a 44 year old single woman and I'm on antidepressants. Sometimes, I feel like I have a glimmer of hope about the future but mostly, I feel like I'm just drifting. Anyway, I will write more later bit wanted to introduce myself.
  • I've struggled with depression for a few years. I am extremely sensitive to antidepressants and everything seems to make my depression worse. I did have some success with some wellbutrin for about 9 months, but it stopped working. I need to do something new, as I know seem to have anxiety, as well. My doctor wanted me to try trintellix and told me to taper off the wellbutrin. I am on day 5...
  • stlake

How to Keep Going

I've had depression for decades. Recently, my wife had a bad cancer diagnosis. I realy want to end my life, but that would be selfish to the ones I love. So how do you get through the extrutiating pain everyday. I feel like I'm being tortured in a prision camp. Yes, I see a pdoc.
  • orion777

extremely bizarre

Hi,Thanks everyone for your support and comments. I had posted about a woman who was trying to get me to eat foods that I am allergic to and that I have a severe and possibly fatal reaction to. She stated for me to go ahead and eat the thing that I was allergic to and that she would watch. Guess what? That same day she told me that someone we both knew was dead-she insisted that he was dead...