Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

21 Online
21 Online
  • Has anyone ever been prescribed a medication that made your depression worsen?My wife was prescribed Cymbalta, Celexa, Ativan, Seroquel and Trazadone and I think the medications that were meant to improve, made things worse
  • I had shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair) 6 days ago and was prescribed oxicodin and ambien (pain and sleep respectively). Last night was the closest I have come to NOT wanting to live. Being out of contol of things (arm motion restricted, etc etc) really got me down, and I had a hard time seeing a way out of it.So I will use ALieve for pain and skip the sleeping pill.I never want to feel...
  • orion777

feeling alone

Sometimes I face a weekend alone. It happens. Other weekends I don't. It is scary and daunting to face a weekend alone. I have to admit at times that I've made a deliberate choice to be alone given the options. Here is what I mean: every year I would go to the holidays and my alcoholic father and violent brother would destroy it. I would go out of obligation and not to be alone. I wasn't...
  • Really, I do...but not today.I am just posting this because even on good days...I still want to die!Mondays are MY day off...my husband is at work, the world has gone back to its normal grind...and I am here all alone with a million things to do...and all I can do is think about the fact that I want to die!Oh LORD, THIS SHIT SUCKS...I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS Never-ending battle going on in my...
  • rob30miede

scared

seeing a thropist wed
  • Guys, I am in a very sad state right now. Recently, I moved out of my stepmoms house to be with my girlfriend, but the way it all happened is really affecting me. My stepmoms a conservative Christian, and practically disowned me after finding out I was lesbian. She came across texts between me nad my girlfriend one day, and our relationship has since been terrible. Everyday with her was a day of...
  • I'm not a perfect listener but I try to be a very conscious, active listener. I often end up feeling drained after speaking to people that I have extensive or in-depth conversations with because I truly am 100% present in the conversation. But lately I've noticed this resentment bubbling up that I can't keep shoved down. More and more I do not want to talk with the people I interact with the most...
  • i really need someone to talk to. please message me
  • I don't know where to turn or start so I guess I'm beginning here. I am going to make an appt with a psychiatrist on Monday but the pain and humiliation is eating away at me now and I need to get some things off of my chest before I explode. I moved to a small town in Virginia last summer to give my 11 year old a chance at normalcy. I met a guy and we would see each other around for a few months...
  • Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to respond to someones post and how to know if they got it or not. How do I tell if someone has responded to me? I feel left in the dark.
  • hotchocolate

5-htp

Has anyone tried 5-htp to treat their depression? I'd love to hear some experiences - either positive or negative!
  • mkirby

New here

Hi everyone. I suffer from depression. Some days are good some bad. I have been on medication for years but still get really depressed some days. Does anyone else experience this?
  • a funny thing happened just before the 4th of July. I was at my town's festival held before & during the 4th. I worked at the festival's bingo tent. Saw the mayor; I have a casual relationship with the mayor. I sat with him at a dinner once and learned that his 2 daughters went to a camp & they were camp counselors at the same camp my son went to. They knew my son and liked him. I've seen him...
  • just so blah.. I try to fake it till I make it but keeps bubbling over
  • RedRoxy

Hello, I'm new here.

Hi everyone. I suffer from depression and have for many years. I'm a 44 year old single woman and I'm on antidepressants. Sometimes, I feel like I have a glimmer of hope about the future but mostly, I feel like I'm just drifting. Anyway, I will write more later bit wanted to introduce myself.