Prescription and Synthetic Drug Abuse Support Group

If you or a loved one is struggling with presciption drug abuse, this is the community to discuss your experience, find support, and meet others going through a similar fight. You don't have to struggle with addiction alone. Ask a question, give advice, share your story, and get hope for recovery here.

0 Online
  • minpinluvr

I abuse my Ritalin.

I abuse my Ritalin, but I'm not addicted.  I get my Ritalin filled every month.  I use the Ritalin for about a week, till it's gone.  Then I have to go without for like three weeks till I can get it filled again.  In those three weeks, there's no withdrawal or cravings.  It reminds me of when I did coke, I'd get an eight ball on the weekends & was fine in between.  I can't go off the...
  • lovelilbeany

Tramadol abuse

ive started to abuse my tramadol. Its 2 x50mg four times a day max. Thats the safe dose. Ive been taking like beteeen  6-12 at a time randomly. Im putting myself at risk of having seizures but also cos my other sedative drugs and beta blockers i could risk having heart attack or what ever. It just feels good, actually i dont even know if it does or not you know. I just look forward to do it. I...
  • Cjkins

Questions on addiction

I am currently dating someone who was an addict for a long time. He is currently almost 3 years sober.as never being an addict it’s hard for me to relate. I tell him I’m always there for him but he’s right I can’t physically relate. He’s doing really good (I’ve known him for only a few months now) I would never guessed that he had a problem. Now, I try not to judge but it’s so...
  • Exhausted35

Am I actually an addict?

I know this is going to sound stupid. I was a drug and alcohol counselor for several years.  My significant other is a recovering heroin addict.  I have a stomach condition that causes severe pain at times.  I have taken pain meds that family have given to me when it's bad. I realized that it feels good. Now I'm asking for them from family often. I feel like I can't tell my significant other...
  • md581

Looking for Help

... In all the wrong places. Ha, that's supposed to be funny. What I mean is that every addiction group I look at on here doesn't seem to be that active. Since this one kinda fits, I'm trying to reach out. Hoping to hear from someone. Thanks. 
  • Natalie129

Bf dealing with recovery

so I am on the other side of this... my boyfriend (of a year +) is suffering with some day-to-day sobriety issues, mainly opioid cravings. He has been off suboxone since December and had 3 slip ups since - only one being opioid use- ... he is now going to a therapist but she has recommended he go back on suboxone. To me this is a step backwards? Shouldn’t she be helping to give him the tools...
  • A_Whole_New_Me_2017

Help

Has recovery helped more people than not? What are some ways to start my journey unitl i pair up with a counselor? I am 25 and i am new to the whole recovery thing. ADVICE would be great right now
  • A_Whole_New_Me_2017

HOW

How did you decide you wanted to get better?
  • Hthrmh87

HELP!!!

Im addicted to opiates bad!!! I spend stupid amounts of money just so i dont get sick. And right now im going thru a very rough time and i have no support whatsoever. So i automatically turn to pills to make me feel happy. What do i do to overcome this addiction especially during bad times
  • abrokenmom

Thinking of talking to MD to stop pain meds but...

Four years ago I was sent to a Pain Clinic with the goal of getting pain under control to start working again. I am 63 now.  I was prescribed 20 mg OxyContin a.m., 10 mg at bedtime, with 4 mg hydromorphone up to 4 times a day as needed. I have never had the desire to take more, nor have I ever taken more. My pain has never been completely under control either and I'm still on a heating pad most...
  • howdidienduphere1

Withdrawal from tramadol? Am I an addict now?

I stopped talking tramadol. I followed my prescription. I didn't think I was addicted but I'm going through withdrawals. I trusted my Dr. yet I still ended up here?? I'm in hell. 
  • deleted_user

Suboxone?

I am on the suboxone program and it seems to work great. I have noticed though, that i keep hearing about how people are on it and not really known anyone who has tapered off and has complete sobriety. If there are people please let me know, how did it go and how long? I know everyone is different. It would be nice not to be depended on anything. Its not an option i guess right now, don't...
  • onyxdragon5977

Opioid addict...

I feel like I am tearing my family apart. I have been prescribed oxycodone and morphine for over 2 years now and I just started abusing it. I realized that my body has such a high tolerance for it, I can take 5-6 oxy or 3-4 morphine and barely feel it. I know that it can kill me, but I ran short last month, and I felt the withdrawals. I'm not afraid to admit that I have a problem, but one of my...
  • aprilmillett88

my addiction to drugs

i am addicted to klonopin and i worry if ill ever run out of it or have to get off it for some reason. i also take resperdal and prozac. im still always usually depressed and have temper tantrums... is there a med like maybe adderall that could help with this mixture to be more helpful to me during my day? i also cant sleep anymore from these drugs and i sweat terrible and i have no idea which...
  • shannon1989

CBD oil?

im trying to wean myself off xanax and Ativan I was prescribed for my panic attacks. Has anyone tried to use CBD oil to ease withdrawal symptoms? I'd like to hear some experiences good or bad.