Pet Bereavement Support Group

The loss of a pet or animal to which one has become emotionally bonded can be an intense loss, comparable with the death of a loved one. Whilst there is strong evidence that animals can feel such loss for other animals, this community focuses on human feelings, when an animal is lost, dies or otherwise is departed.

0 Online
  • Briebear

My dog i have for my ptsd is ill

My dog i have for my ptsd is ill,i know she needs immediate help.I just left an abusive relationship,i have no money for a vet,no friends or family to help..she has been like this before...and i was told she will die if i cannot bring her in..she is all that has kept me going.I do not know what to do.
  • BCMuttMom

I cry

i cry every day, every single day, more than once. I wear the charm with his paw print almost 24-7. I still can't believe he's gone. And I can't get over the idea that we did it to soon no matter what anyone else says. I'm at my wits end, I'd like to curl up and do nothing all day. He was my baby boy. We nursed him back to health and now after almost 14 years he's just gone. Why would people do...
  • penntucky

the end is near...?

spent two hours on shared building computer today, to look up info/symptoms of liver disease...my cat might have it.as is, he has elevated numbers in his blood work....was on iv just a week ago...he never really bounced back...yesterday to vet and got appetite pills...monday he threw up and threw up----that should have been enough, but i thought it was side effects from medication from thursday...
  • Zoeymychi

Lost my best friend today

Today I had to say goodbye to my ten foot tall Chihuahua. She never knew she was a toy breed and why should she..her bark was just as loud as the big dogs! That's one way I want to remember her, my tiny protector. Her name is Zoey and she was nine years old today. Diagnosed yesterday with a cancerous mass in her belly the size of an orange that as of today grew to the size of a softball. The...
  • BCMuttMom

Can't do it

i can't do it. I can't have kids so he was the closest thing I'll ever have to a child.  I had no idea it would hurt this bad. It would have been his 14th birthday today. Society may say I'm pathetic but I don't care. I would give ANYTHING to have him back. 
  • FlightlessBird

Family Cat

So my cat Monica died. Technically the family cat, but she treated me like her kitten(if that makes sense) when I was still living with my parents. Everyone in the family knew she favored me and my younger sister out of everyone(big family). Plus, she was the only one I could talk to through high school. I know she was an animal but I felt like our souls were connected(and don't tell me animals...
  • Justexisting

Bittersweet

It's been 1 yr. since we had to put our 3 fur babies to sleep. Started with Buddy-he was 15, a Border Collie. Right after New Year's day. Couple months later, Baby-13 yr.old Sheltie mix, had to be put to sleep. We got her to be Buddy's companion, and she was...followed him like a shadow. The day we came home without Buddy, she was lost and lonely. Her health went downhill fast.Meantime, Oscar-13...
  • metermaid

My heart is broken

Yesterday morning I took my brave warrior dog to the vet because he wasn't eating as much and as a teacup Yorkie, he didn't weigh much to begin with. After the exam, the vet said my sweet boy was at the end of his life and it as time to help him cross the Rainbow Bridge. Oliver was my heart dog, the kind of pet that you have a strong connection that can't be defined or explained. I called him Bow...
  • b.adnyc

Forced to surrender rescue dog to animal control

Hi everyoneAs I write this I am just trying to process it all and looking for any anonymous hope and prayers that you could offer. I adopted a pit mix from the animal control center because he was on death row about three months ago. He was not in good condition and was sick, chipped teeth, clearly abused. I took him in and he became a part of my life; we would run together, play, he smiled when...
  • BrodyB2006

Missing my best friend

On Monday 3/20/17, at 6:29pm, I sat with my best friend holding his paw and petting him on the head, telling him how much I loved him and what a good boy he was, as he drifted off to sleep forever. The 10 years, 4 months, and 2 days I spent with him wasn't long enough. I miss him so much it hurts. On Sunday, we woke up as we did on a normal day. He went outside to use the bathroom and came back...
  • Savanah17

Just lost my last dog

I just lost my last miniature dachshund on Saturday night.  His name was Pongo.  He was black and tan and the sweetest dog I have ever known.  I never saw him be aggressive in any way.  He was just a sweet, docile dog.  He lived to be 14 1/2 years old.  I don't know if that is very old. I wish he could have lived another several years, but in the last year of his life, he because pretty...
  • CocosMommy7515

So depressed!

Found out yesterday that my sweet doggy Coco passed away on Thursday night. My heart is so empty and I feel at a loss for words. Coco and I had a relationship that was unexplainable. She inspired my love for dogs. Whenever I was going through anything, Coco was always there to cuddle with me and that alone made me feel like things were going to be alright. When my father no longer wanted to keep...
  • Savanah17

The Guilt and Grief are unbearable

My sweet baby Sam drown in our pool on early Monday morning.  He and our other dachshund were kept outside on our patio because they were older and no longer controlled their bowel movements in the house.  Since my husband and I worked, we kept them outside most of the time especially at night when it was cooler.  We always made sure they were warm and fed and had plenty of water.  To be...
  • cidekmat

Time to heal?

I had to put my old 18 year old dog down in September and I'm really struggling with my emotions. I am angry and distant from my family I never leave the house and the only reason I get up is because of my toddler.  I have 2 other dogs and 2 cats but they just feel like "pets" to me. There is a little back story.  I have only ever loved two pets this much her and my old cat.  I had my old cat...
  • BCMuttMom

So sad

I'm sad. Just so sad. Still. My husband is pretty much back to normal but I still want to do nothing. Just thinking about him makes me cry. I cry at the drop of a hat.  Every single day still. I feel like he thinks I should be ok or at least better than I am. I have no interest in anything but I'm working on faking it. Who's closer to normal. Me or him?  It will be 4 weeks on Monday. I know I'm...