Pet Bereavement Support Group

The loss of a pet or animal to which one has become emotionally bonded can be an intense loss, comparable with the death of a loved one. Whilst there is strong evidence that animals can feel such loss for other animals, this community focuses on human feelings, when an animal is lost, dies or otherwise is departed.

0 Online
  • mindlost

2 Years...

Today officially marked 2 years since I lost my best and most loyal companion to me. Her name was Emmy. She was a 5 pound Malti-Poo dog, a mix between Maltese and Poodle. I loved her with all of my heart and still do. She is sitting in a specially crafted urn in one of our nicest cabinets in the house with her collar and tags still attached. I remember this day like it was yesterday though... I...
  • cedarbrooke

My Best Friend

• cedarbrooke

You Will Meet Me in the Light....

• cedarbrooke

Lend Me A Pup

LEND ME A PUP I will lend to you for awhile a puppy, God said, For you to love him while he lives and to mourn for him when he is gone. Maybe for 12 or 14 years, or maybe for 2 or 3 But will you, till I call him back take care of him for me? He’ll bring his charms to gladden you and (should his stay be brief) you’ll always have his memories as solace for your grief. I cannot promise that...
  • BestpuppiesintheWorld

I killed my dog

I ran over my dog 9 days ago, I was going out to my mom's farm and usually let her out to run the last 1/4 mile, she loves to run.  I just let her out of the car and A: Why I chose to get on the phone and B: why I kept the car rolling ahead. I always get the car way out ahead of her and she chases it.  I keep playing this over and over in my head. I still can't believe I did this!  My...
  • cedarbrooke

Dreams about our Deceased Pets

Having a difficult time with the loss of my Fred, had some comfort in reading this article.http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/pets/Recurring-dreams-about-your-dead-pet-symbolic/articleshow/16128095.cmsHope it helps others.Hugs!Brooke
  • FreekierLeek

Yesterday I got my dog killed

TL:DR My dog got hit by a car because I didn't do everything I could to stop him going into the road.I have never owned dogs. My husband chose two medium sized dogs. We quickly learned that they were too much for us but we weren't going to give them up and risk them being euthanised. So I tried my best.He was working a night shift so I decided to take them for a walk through the forest in the...
  • alexandraas

creatures info

dogs and cats
  • RosieLca

Missing my Jersey.

Lost my baby girl on Thursday night. Rushed to the vet, but she passed on the way. My husband thinks that if we got there 5 min. sooner, they could have saved her. Are you kidding me? She was 15 years old with Canine Addison's. We had her rushed to the vet a few times in crisis and put on IV for several days...she was on almost $300/mnth in medication for Addisons, arthritis, to stop bladder...
  • Ozlover

Sudden passing

My cat Abby passed away suddenly overnight. I think I need a group like this to get my feelings out.
  • cedarbrooke

Paw Prints

I lost my Fred, he was almost 13 years old, complications of a Deer Tick bite.  He was my best friend.  Very Sad.Please be vigilant regarding ticks on your animals & yourself!
  • shelli

R.I.P. Freckles Renee

Well just about 6 months ago we lost our youngest of 4 fur babies. 11 yr. young Levi kitty. May 25th we woke to Freckles our beautiful Aussie mix had passed in her sleep. She had been to the vet the 2 previous days. She was our million dollar baby going thru 4 surgeries, a vicious dog attack (9 puncture wounds). And an illness like cushings/Chrons/addisons. She was resilient and Smart and...
  • BCMuttMom

I cry

i cry every day, every single day, more than once. I wear the charm with his paw print almost 24-7. I still can't believe he's gone. And I can't get over the idea that we did it to soon no matter what anyone else says. I'm at my wits end, I'd like to curl up and do nothing all day. He was my baby boy. We nursed him back to health and now after almost 14 years he's just gone. Why would people do...
  • Briebear

My dog i have for my ptsd is ill

My dog i have for my ptsd is ill,i know she needs immediate help.I just left an abusive relationship,i have no money for a vet,no friends or family to help..she has been like this before...and i was told she will die if i cannot bring her in..she is all that has kept me going.I do not know what to do.
  • penntucky

the end is near...?

spent two hours on shared building computer today, to look up info/symptoms of liver disease...my cat might have it.as is, he has elevated numbers in his blood work....was on iv just a week ago...he never really bounced back...yesterday to vet and got appetite pills...monday he threw up and threw up----that should have been enough, but i thought it was side effects from medication from thursday...