Loneliness Support Group

Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected and alienated from other people. The lonely person may find it difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Lonely people often experience a subjective sense of inner emptiness or hollowness, with feelings of separation or isolation from the world... Why Do People Get Lonely? People can experience loneliness for many reasons, and many life events are associated with it. The lack of friendship relations during childhood and adolescence, or the...

1 Online
  • ohboy12

On my own...

Hi everyone,I  don't think I have anything unique to say.   I was divorced 3 1/2 years ago after being married for 14 years.   I can't say I've completely gotten over being on my own after that but I'm in a better place than I was back then.   About a year after being divorced I got myself into a not so great relationship, which was on again off again for a couple of years. I'm finally at a...
  • Parakeeties

Im new and Im lonely.

Sometimes I feel like we are here on the planet to learn and I am supposed to learn loneliness. I was made fun of as a child all through school. Rarely making friends and people constantly choosing to end their friendships with me for various reasons. I literally have no friends. No one to hang out with. I entice people by paying for their meals just for company but never works long term. Being...
  • nella

One

It has dawned on me that I don't really have friends, especially with how often I burn bridges. Most of the time it gets really lonely and I have no one to talk to, no one to call over, no one to text "hey, let's get coffee" or something. And it makes me really sad and angry with myself for not trying hard, for not being that kind of person who deserves love, friendship or companionship. I would...
  • fitbunny

Lonely, and always thirsty for hubs

I'm new to this site.. just in desperate need of support and advice :/My husband and I will have been married 1 year next month, but we dated for 6 years(high school sweethearts). During our engagement we decided to abstain from sex till the wedding night (it was about 3 1/2 months no sex). But once married it's like his drive for sex had disappeared. Our entire dating days we were like rabbits,...
  • Ohwell

I'm the only one who thinks im worth it.

I'm 28 years old and live a very isolated life emotionally. From a very young age circumstances forced me to shut down in order to survive. I was the kid with no friends who sat alone at lunch in elementary that turned into the kid in high school who never got invited anywhere. I've never actually had a friend before. I have a huge family but I always felt like no one really wanted me around and...
  • Compassion

interested in very compassionate persons

hello,i am interested in very kind, reliable and compassionate persons for which emotional empathy is (at least) the most important trait about themselves. i do not care about any other aspects. if you are interested in a friendship with someone only because of her/his emotional empathy, you can write me a private message.
  • Koyu

Lately....

Hi Group,Lately I feel like giving up on making friends and being satisfied with being alone. I went through a tough time a couple of days ago where a 12 step member was rude and nasty and I shared it with two "friends" here where I live and I didn't receive any support whats so ever. The only ones who replied were in my DS group and it was a blessing.I even shared with one person that I will be...
  • digitalbluegirl

Struggling

I feel so alone....Finally opened my eyes up to my husband's alchol abuse issue.  I have been struggling with this one so long.  We wold have the same ridiclous fighs, only to have the same ridiculous outcomes.  Then I noticed a pattern, he would be offended by my attitude, go drink a beer, come back and be a dick.  Nothing to pinpoint, nothing you could acutally narrow it down.  It was like...
  • Tired

Anyone home today?

Retired, taking off Friday from work?For lonely people you sure don't post a lot.
  • atoutlemonde

just learning that i fear being alone

I had never given much thought to the notioon of loneliness or being alone and it wasn't until I separated from my partner of 9 years and then immediately attempted to start a new relationship with someone far younger did I start to see how terrified I am of being alone and having to find my own emotional stability and validation from myself. i had always been self loatheing and had very little...
  • witchjpg

Can't do this anymore

So I'm in college and it's my first year, and I hate it. I hate that I'm always so alone due to my shitty surroundings. Everyone who I once called my friend now avoids me, alienates me, makes me feel awful. Everyone hangs out without me, I'm never asked to be with anyone... I'm so extremely alone and scared, and my depression is kicking my ass right now.i just can't do this anymore. All this...
  • Ribbit

So alone

I am struggling with extreme loneliness. I live alone and don'thave any friends.I don'tget out for days at a time. I don't have a car anymore so I am completely isolted. My daughter and her family have moved several states away and I miss her terribly. I feel useless and old. I am trying to figure out what I want to do with myself. I no longer work due to several health issues. I come from a...
  • Lazaii

Complicated

I'm in a relationship in which i feel alone.he is a great guy really is and its not his fault.growing up i never really had someone that was there for me, sticking out as a friend.well actually there were a few but for unclear reasons people just keep pushing me aside after a while.i currently have one online friend from iceland that knows my deepest darkest secrets. we skypecall on a daily...
  • lucillegem

To all those here feeling unworthy of love

To all those here feeling unworthy of love,you are not alonetake time today to love yourself because you deserve it, because you are valuedbuy yourself chocolate flowers do something you enjoy! & Whatever your relationship status is, it is regardless today,Happy Love yourself day, Warm Hugs :)
  • Callalilly24

Anything is helpful

I have never posted any sort of feeling online in my life. I always said it was nobody's business, but right now I'm sitting in a parking lot alone trying not to ball my eyes out. I have nobody in my life to talk to. My husband is an alcoholic who is the definition of selfish. My teenagers are teenagers who hate me. I have no friends. This is my last resort. I need a better life with support. I...