Loneliness Support Group

Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected and alienated from other people. The lonely person may find it difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Lonely people often experience a subjective sense of inner emptiness or hollowness, with feelings of separation or isolation from the world... Why Do People Get Lonely? People can experience loneliness for many reasons, and many life events are associated with it. The lack of friendship relations during childhood and adolescence, or the...

1 Online
1 Online
  • Luna113

Family

Hello. So, I wanted to post about this new change in dealing with. I've always been really close to my family. I don't really have any friends that live near by. Well, due to several factors in their own lives my family isn't there for me anymore.I mean, hey, I'm 35. I've lived on my own for longer than I lived with them by now. But that lack of contact and support is really knocking me of...
  • Minerva

Lonliness

I am a 67 year old female. I live alone with my dog Scout. My grown children (two daughters) have divorced themselves from me because I witnessed their father in a sexually abusive situation with my 6 year old granddaughter. I didn't tell anyone for about 6 months, and then in therapy I mentioned the incident to my therapist who immediately reported it to CPS. When my exhusband was confronted...
  • col082

so alone...

gosh i can never get rid of feeling so alone. i dont have any friends, my family makes me feel like an outsider.. have no one but my dad but cant hassle him as he has heart issues (recently had an heart attack) i used to spend most of my time day in and day out on skype talking to my ex but we broke up in january :( she was everything and its hard to go from nothing to everything then back to...
  • akacountrygirl

jOY

MAY YOU FIND JOY IN EVERYTHING YOU DO. PLEASE POST WHAT GIVES YOU JOY. I WILL START WITHI RECEIVE JOY IN THE FEELING OF WARM WATER AGAINST ME SKIN WHEN TAKING A SHOWER.
  • Nev

a friend (from my journal)

yesterday I tried to talk to a girl who I used to go out with.I just said hello and asked how she was.She answered me only today. She said she was really busy, she was trying to organize herself, said she missed me.My thoughts are:- she answered the other day so she wouldn't have a conversation with me (and answered when I was not online)- she is saying she is busy so that I don't invite her for...
  • Met lots of crazy people, some sweet, some with possibly questionable motives toward me. At least I was not lonely! Enter the fray people! I had to share.
  • dc87110

Another Saturday night alone.

So here I am on a Saturday night. Usually I spend the evening going to a couple of late night AA meetings, and enjoying the fellowship. But lately I have let my son borrow my vehicle because it's his night off. I don't want him to become as depressed & lonely as I get sometimes, (LIKE NOW) because he has his own life issues to deal with. i want him to enjoy his time off w friends. It would of...
  • I'm new to DS but not to loneliness. The hollow feeling I feel constantly makes me so sad and makes me shut myself off from the world. It's like now. Even though my husband is here in the house with me, I feel a sense of emptiness, of utter sadness and alienation. Even when I'm with people, talking, I feel alone. I don't fit in. I don't fir in with anyone, anywhere or with anything anymore....
  • I only have one real friend. She is the only one who has ever cared about me and we are drifting apart. She's been so preoccupied with her boyfriend that Ive been sidelined. She cancels plans to hang out with him and she's even been lying to my face.. It takes her house to respond to my messages, if I even bother to send them anymore..I dont know what to do anymore. I knew the day would come when...
  • SadDude87

Soon I'll really be alone.

After my recent breakup with my ex girlfriend, I moved in with some friends. It's now time for me to move out and get my own space. I'm scared that I may find it too difficult to live alone. I've been so used to living with my parents then my college friends and recently my ex girlfriend of 2 years. I know for a fact I'm going to try to stay busy but I just feel like staring at the walls in my...
  • imiru

feeling like an idiot

to start, my boyfriend and I have decided to date and get to know each other better but then a few days ago I was talking to him about a convention we are gonna be attending in a few days to get a time scheduale together when he suddenly said I was hurting him whenever I said, "baby" or " hunny" or when I would leave him good morning messages to make him smile. So I told him I would just keep it...
  • Wolfy01

A Hopeless Case

Hello everyone I'm nearly 50 and I've been single most of my life,.I long for companionship,and always have done ever since I was 19,when my first relationship broke down and ended I was so deeply hurt,I felt I could never go through that again, I really sunk into deep dark depression,which lasted for many years,I met finally met someone in my mid 30s I was very vulnerable, and this woman just...
  • rainbowlegacym55

can you relate

i have lost lots of what i called friends since i quit working , i hate when my neediness shows and you know what kinds of folks can see it , ususally predators are attracted to it or someone not good for you, when personal needs are unmet it has a look a vibe i hate when i overshare to a stranger or a neighbor in an apt i live in and they walk away from you with some excuse help me guys how...
  • Razor91

Didn't think I was lonely

So, over the last few months I've been thinking to myself that I'm liking being on my own, and I think right now I'm lonely for a certain type of relationship rather then loneliness in general. In my mind, I'm currently thinking of ways replace the person I'm missing with a new relationship of the same kind. But the thing is I can't seem to find the type of relationship I'm looking for, I'm...
  • Hey im really lonely, i mean i have some friends which zre just 'friends' but the way im lonely is that no one gets me, i tried to tell them and make them a bit mature but they are so narrow minded im the only different person in the squad, i stay quiet most of the time, feels really lonely even if im with my friends, they just dont get me, i feel like i try to fit in, recently i found a girl...