Loneliness Support Group

Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected and alienated from other people. The lonely person may find it difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Lonely people often experience a subjective sense of inner emptiness or hollowness, with feelings of separation or isolation from the world... Why Do People Get Lonely? People can experience loneliness for many reasons, and many life events are associated with it. The lack of friendship relations during childhood and adolescence, or the...

3 Online
  • Shye

I have been lonley all my life. I just want to end

I have been alone all my life. I have no friends. No family. Just my sick mother who will die one day. Then it' just me. I cannot have any kids. I'm pretty but men try to use me. I have a dead end job and I'm going back to school but it' becoming harder. I' so down. I just wish I could die sometimes.
  • regularguy53339

Strange place in life - 40s no kids or spouse

Generally upbeat and optimistic. However, I'm now in my 40s and find I'm in a strange situation. Pretty much all of my friends have "disappeared" due to (a) spouse, (b) kids and (c) busy job/life.  I don't have kids.  Even though I’ve certainly tried, I also have no spouse/relationship.  I’m looking for a guy, but to be honest I don’t think guys treat each other very well.  Guys do not...
  • nofil69

I'm so lonesome I could cry

thats exactly how I feel so much that Im much too quick to jump into a relationship...Im too old for that now though so Im just waiting for the right one to come along...I've been alone for so long that I forget what it's like to have someone
  • Ghostdancer

Everywhere

For me it’s no different this season than last year. I’ll do my best to give son a good holiday no huge feast as it’s only he and I. We have each other to give thanks for and that’s all that really matters overall. Maybe other son will invite us on Xmas tree outing and if not I’ll make do as I did last year. Or maybe no tree and save the money towards gifts instead which makes the most...
  • livingly

Can anyone relate

Hi I wanted to know if anyone else can relate to what I’m going through. I’ve really been at odds with my religion. Has anyone else been through anything like this or ever felt this way
  • nofil69

hello

I have no family or friends or a partner... Im glad I found this group so now I have people to chat with
  • nofil69

how is everybody today

just stopped by and hope everybody is having a good daytake care... bye
  • rob1950

new to this group but not to loneliness

i have usually been shy at first but still had friends when i was young. now that we have all gotten older it seems there are less people that even want to tlk to me. even family has distanced themselves from me.  i work mostly alone. have lunch alone during the week and trying to find someone or a group that i can converse with. pse help.
  • nicholasch56

Alone

rhree days ago my soulmate. Or who u thought was left because she wasn’t “happy” and found someone else. I currently have no friends and no loved one to lean on. I tried cutting but didn’t work so I suppose I could try this 
  • vinlin

Hello!

I'm new here (at least to this group)  I was in widow/widower.  I'm still a widow.  Not by choice.  But that's life I guess.  I just feel so lonely at times.  I've been dating but I have not click with anyone.  Most men have problems I don't want to deal with.  Or I just pick the wrong men.  I don't know but I get down because of it.  I have family.  One sister and 3 brothers.  I help...
  • Sadwriter24

friendships

I have a friend who never messages me to see how I'm doing or even asks if I'm okay. I feel like it's always one sided, that I'm always initiating the conversation and rarely do I ever get a reply. I have talked to her about this and she claims that she's busy. It really makes me feel lonely as she knows about my depression. I don't want to lose her, but I also don't want to feel like I'm not...
  • NullFantasma

Disconnected.

These past few years I've been really trying to "find" myself. I was seperated from my peers up until middle school, in which I fabricated a sort of alter ego. During the past four years, I am seen as the person who can brighten any situation, tell the best of jokes, and use means of light self-deprecation in a sad attempt to help people. I feel as though nobody can relate to me; that nobody can...
  • livingly

Different and alone

Hi I’ve titled this post different and alone because I’m in a family that follows a religion and I can no longer stand the religion my family follows and my family is fine and happy with the religion we are following. The religion we are following has brought me a lot of unhappiness and stress. I wish I could leave but I feel tied down to it. I sometimes wish I could be an athiest or an...
  • rob1950

you know your lonely when

now that i think about it  i have been lonley for  long time. never had many friends but thought it was quality not quantity,last  several years i have been desperate for communication.proof of lonliness is :was on vacation for a week, there was not one message on my answering machinewent  to play table tennis game with about  10 people, my shirt was inside out and noone said anythingput...
  • andreal1973

No Trust

Today was going ok until I was on my way home from my mom's.  I was picking up her laundry after dropping of my child at therapy.  My bf was going to pick up a few groceries, medicine from the the vet, and prescriptions, and some take out. We live in fairly  small city that  takes around an hour to do all of those things, and that's going a fairly normal pace.  It took him almost 2 hours. ...