Loneliness Support Group

Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected and alienated from other people. The lonely person may find it difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Lonely people often experience a subjective sense of inner emptiness or hollowness, with feelings of separation or isolation from the world... Why Do People Get Lonely? People can experience loneliness for many reasons, and many life events are associated with it. The lack of friendship relations during childhood and adolescence, or the...

3 Online
3 Online
  • I lost my wife a year ago to a heart attack and she was only 38. I feel so empty and lonely without her, even if I am with family and friends.
  • Meesh1987

Reaching out

Hello my name is Michelle and I am very new to this website. I joined this groups because I feel I want to reach out. I have a learning disabilitity and I have always had a hard time with making friends or other people not so accepting of me. I have this one friend right now that completly does not even treat me like a friend more like crap. I have tried to join some meetup groups in my area but...
  • Honestly, I just have no use for other people anymore. I give up. I honestly don't believe that I ask for much from people. But no one ever has or ever will see me as anything but a thing, whatever they believe I have to offer them, and I receive nothing in return most of the time; whatever I do receive from them has strings attached.I wish there was a way to remove whatever causes loneliness....
  • I just got the emailed password that DS forced and I was able to get access again with this account so soon I will have DS close the bigtimefun account and merge it into this one....hugs to all my friends who did not know who I was.....
  • I don't know what to do anymore. I miss my ex more than words can say because I'm not even friends with him anymore. The pain of losing him is absolutely unbearable. It's suffocating me... maybe I made a mistake not being friends with him afterwards, I just don't know anymore. All I know is I'm in crippling pain with a cross that my heart just can't seem to bear anymore. Does anyone have any...
  • Hello everyone. I am new to this site, I've been searching...I'm not sure if this is where I should post what I'm SO confused, lonely & afraid of. I've been married for 20yrs. for the past 10+ I've been slowly, seeing a different man, than the one I'd married, I've COMPLETLEY lost who I am, I no longer get any pleasure out of anything I used to love to do for MYSELF (crafts, gardening, antiqueing...
  • I have been in the house and will stay in for most of next week. Horrible heat and humidity.Was on kindle fire most of day.
  • Susanmindfully

Back at it

I join the group, and then I disappear! Hospitalized again with adrenal insufficiency is not my idea of fun, but now that I am home the real work starts anew. Tapering steroid dosages really put me in an isolated space with mood swings and feelings of being alon with this thing. I am learning to reach out more to people with a new honesty about how I could possibly feel lonely with so many people...
  • Justify

Hello

How is e1
  • I have not been on this site in about a year not because I don't need support for anything I have been trying to live life and do right but still have all the same issues I had before just letting them ferment I guess is the word I wanna use anyhow its very lonely still I have no real friends the only person who ever wants to hang out and do anything is a friend of mine since childhood when...
  • and I put it out there that we should get together....she lives about 100miles away in our big college town for state school...Missouri University at Columbia or Mizzou....they have football team but got reply back about me getting tickets for game and showing up on her door step that she is not much of football fan....but she suggested music show....so I told her if it is in her town we never...
  • sadtomato

too picky?

i was in this group before, very briefly, then the site switched over and i haven't been back on...this is my new profile.recently i've moved 1000 miles away from everyone and everything i know. i'm married, but it's more a marriage of convenience and comfort than one of passion.i find it incredibly difficult to meet people and especially to connect. i don't like small talk and chit chat...i...
  • Tired

What are you doing?

I'm looking at posts. Staying inside to keep cool the temperature is close to 100.And the humidity is high.
  • I am going and looking forward to it....I know I am safe even in the drinking establishment that it is in with my 21yrs of sobriety and a higher power that loves me to be sober....thing is I am not sure how I will feel being a single at this event....been married unsuccessfully but many friends married their high school loves and still are together.....me I married at 45 and divorced at 49 after...
  • Last night my husband and I went downtown on the subway. We are the only people in the carfor several stops. Then just one person came on. It was really odd for the car to be so empty.I started thinking of the Twilight Zone. And imagined the begining of a short story. A woman wasSitting on an empty subway car. When she feel asleep. When she woke up there was a bunch of people all around...