Loneliness Support Group

Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected and alienated from other people. The lonely person may find it difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Lonely people often experience a subjective sense of inner emptiness or hollowness, with feelings of separation or isolation from the world... Why Do People Get Lonely? People can experience loneliness for many reasons, and many life events are associated with it. The lack of friendship relations during childhood and adolescence, or the...

2 Online
2 Online
  • rabsy2311

Pushing people away..

I went through school taking the smallest thing the wrong way. Took things far too personally and reacted on those thoughts. I push people away and end up lonely. I have no idea why but I feel like it's down to my depression. Being scared of people finding out what's wrong with me in case they don't understand is a big thing! And I'd rather be by myself than tell the truth... But in my head...
  • clarissa

alone

i have a very bad depression where i'll get horrible crisis. normally the only way for getting in coarse again is being alone. is it good for me?
  • Well, the phone rings a dozen times a day but no one leaves a message. This means that the call is 1) a request for a charitable deduction, 2) a request to purchase a product or service, 3) a scam warning me that the IRS has sued me and I need to call (a toll free no.) for help, or 4) a scam telling me that Microsoft will lock my PC because the license has expired and I need to call (a toll free...
  • luvprincess2008

Friends

im lonely and isolated due to social anxiety. I am in search of people to build a real friendship with. Feel free to message me.
  • Some days are great others are bad. Yesterday it was the end of the world and I felt so lonely. Sometimes I just hold it all in and then cry. I tell my friends but lately it seems like all I ever do is have bad moments or sad moments. I feel like my friends are probably sick of hearing it, but they say they arent. I am scared to be alone. My babies are grown up and I am divorcing. I am...
  • HarleyQuinn226

Hello

Good morning everyone hope all is well if anyone like to chat im open to listening
  • Im new. Im not sure what to say. jsut want to block all this shit out that im going through allthe hurt. Therapits have only hurt me and left me. I know there is no hope for me because no therapist will help me and therapits just hurt me and leave me all the time sooobbbbb. I hate life. I hate the mental heath system soo messed up. I hate DBT I HATE DBT SOO BADLY I HATE IT . I hate my DBT...
  • weakmom

Just rambling

I hate this feeling of solitude. I am probably in the wrong group. I am a parent of a survivor of sexual abuse. While I am still married, unable to share disclosure at this point.
  • What is lighter than a feather, there's not much in it, even the strongest cannot hold it much longer than a minute..Breath....I remember the answer as b r e a t h e though....it reminds me to do it
  • iwontbackdown1

quote:

"Friendship is your needs answered." - Kalhih Gibran(sp.?)
  • JohnSolo

New here

i am new here. I am 46 years old and feeling very lonely. I have always been shy and an introvert, making it hard to socialize and meet people. As I get older, I feel like it's getting more difficult. I have spent most of my adult life raising children as a single father. ive had a few relationships during that time. I was actually remarried for a few years. That marriage ended about 12 years...
  • MrCarolina

New to Group

Hi, I'm new to this group. It's 10 pm on Saturday night, but I'm at home- lonely, a most common refrain for most of my Saturday nights. My job keeps me pretty far from home for much of the week so I have an apartment near my job and my home here. Many times I travel too; therefore, isolation is ingrained in my routine. On the weekends, I'm just really getting caught up on the home stuff and...
  • Hey guys, I'm new to the group and I know it's time to reach out. I have been suffering from some pretty severe loneliness for a very long time, now, and I get so overwhelmed from it. Some days are worse than others. I live a very isolated life, so it's no surprise. I was raised in an abusive home and wasn't allowed out and didn't have many friends. I suffer from PTSD and agoraphobia due to the...
  • MissyJJ

The Unwanted

i think the worst feeling is knowing that you've never been worth fighting for...friends and significant others just let you go without a thought....like you never meant anything to them at all. Feeling so lonely and worthless these days. My life has been such a waste.
  • razorviolet

Alone in this world?

Hi All, during the last 10 months i have lost a whole load of people through my own, and some of their actions. I know many of these people have moved on with their lives and yet i am stuck, or feel stuck. I have basiccly no friends left and I do feel lonely alot of the time. I have aboyfriend and we live together and i have bacome very clingy towards him, which is causing fights as i never used...