Healing Infidelity Through Faith Community Group

A place for those experiencing infidelity, rebuilding from infidelity, or dealing with the aftermath of infidelity, both unfaithful and hurt partners, and to be free to express how our faith, primarily Christians but others are also welcome, has or is being used to deal with our issues and hurts. All posters are expected to be respectful of each others faith experiences and beliefs. It is fine to express your own faith and beliefs in a non-judgmental fashion, but refrain from denigrating anot

0 Online
  • musclegirl

How does infidelity affect the cheating spouse

I was googling myself to death and can not get ANYthing on the subject. I have read everything you guys said about it as well as the other site you had a link to where the BS does either "I hate sex" or becomes the "sex Goddess." I did the sex goddess thing, competing with the OW for two years now. My husband obviously LOVES this whole part, but I think it is affecting him too, in the sense...
  • wait

How do you deal with a child made from infidelity

Is there anyone dealing with their spouse/partner who now has a child with someone else. My husband has a child with another woman. We are still married and are currently working on our marriage. How do I cope with him seeing his son that he has created with this woman?
  • Group FounderCole50

Can I Divorce?

Those who have read my articles and the book probably know what I think about this topic, but I thought it would be good to get some more input on it.A common understanding about Jesus' teaching on divorce in the Bible is that He prohibited it. (Mat. 19:3-9) Certainly He makes a point of saying it is not God's design that two people joined as one flesh should ever be divorced, but you'll note He...
  • Jason21

Forgiveness

I have trouble with forgiveness. I have forgave my wife and try real hard to live my life as I have forgave her.Have I really forgave her though? I still think about the affair everyday, I do not trust her at all when she is out of town for work around a lot of other guys. I do not bring up the affair to often or try to scold her about it in any way.True forgiveness as Jesus forgave us / whole...
  • Group FounderCole50

Judging

Been quite here for a while, but I've had a topic I thought would be good to discuss here.Luke 6:36-37 says:Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.There are several more verses like this one, both in the gospels and the epistles. It is a common theme. There are...
  • Lola06

H's friends' opinion

Last night, my H and I had dinner with one of my husband's friends. This was the first outing with a friend of my H's since the A. I had met the friendly previous to the A happening, but last night I was almost uncomfortable seeing him. Is it normal to be paranoid about what his friend is thinking in regards that I stayed with my H? We hang out with mostly my friends, who are completely...
  • Lola06

This group is helpful

At times when I come to the website as a whole its like one step forward, two steps back for me. But this group itself is very comforting. Thank you everyone!!
  • Group FounderCole50

Healing Infidelity Blog Topics

I'll use this thread to let you know of blog post when they arise. Subscribe to this thread to get an email notice when a new one hits, or subscribe at the blog.Just posted one titled:The Blame Gamehttp://healinginfidelity.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-blame-game.html
  • Group FounderCole50

A New Book

I'm hoping to get a new book out by early next year titled, "Healing Infidelity Through Faith." Hum, that sounds so familiar *scans up to top of screen* Ah! Of course.Anyway, I have topics I want to cover. But I also wanted input from the group here. The book is primarily targeted toward Christians, and will attempt to apply the spiritual disciplines of the faith in dealing with a spouse's...
  • deleted_user

It's only been a week since DDAY but I just w

Through all of the emotions I've found that my greatest desire is just that I want our love back the way that it used to be. I want the attention that he was giving to her. I want him to hold me and kiss me and to want me. He says that he does but that he feels like a dirty rag right now and doesn't know what to do and he fears my anger and rejection. I know this is a long and painful process...
  • musclegirl

Years later an stuff STILL keeps coming out

So, I caught my husband in an affair a couple years back. He confessed to everything AFTER I figured it out for myself. I had to drag information out of him and he never volunteered any information on his own. We went for counciling and things got better. I put my everything into saving this marriage after I wanted to leave a couple times. My situation made it impossible to leave since we are...
  • deleted_user

I was the Cheater. I wish to Reconcile. Should I s

My ex and I broke up a couple of weeks ago. 15 days to be exact. 5 days ago I told her I would give her the space she needs and I'll be a better man, should she decide to come back. I cheated on her and we were trying to work it out. I didn't acknowledge or respect the efforts that she was making so she left. I either wanted to send this or go to her house to recite it in person. Please give me...
  • Group FounderCole50

Group Tip

Pardon the slightly off-topic post.Just a quick tip for our group, Healing Infidelity Through Faith, or others, where due to infrequent postings, you may not think to visit frequently and check if anything new has been posted.Go to our group's home page and look for the link, "Edit Membership" on the top right, under the group welcome message. Click that link. It will pull up a page showing...
  • lovemarriage

Is trust forever different after an affair?

POSTED IN REBUILDING ALSO*It's been 5 years since my H confessed his A; 6 years since the A was actually going on.During our recovery there are a lot of things we did right, but I also feel like we have done things incorrectly as well. (Such is life.)My H is and has been very remorseful. He has expressed his regrets for his actions on several occassions. Even recently (he was experiencing a...
  • Group FounderCole50

Healing Infidelity

Some of you may have seen this elsewhere, but realized I never posted it here. Gabi and I wrote a book about our experiences going through the affair and rebuilding, as well as sharing what we've learned (many of the articles in our "news" section are in there). The full title is:Healing Infidelity: How to Build a Vibrant Marriage After an Affairby Rick and Lenita...