Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

2 Online
  • Leo

DS killing me weekend check-in

OMG, third try... Can I please have no error messages? Just by exxisting I got them... OK< so far so good.Didn't sleep much. Brain is in spin cycle. Rain settling in to day with lower temps for a few days, then shooting from 65F to 90F in like 36 hours in a few days. Yeesh. Fibro-barometer is going bonkers!***Happy Earth Day! April 22! GO hug a tree! Plant one! Recycle something! Remember, we...
  • AngelaJo

Added pain past several days..........

Since i think Tuesday my left knee has been hard to even put weight on, now its the whole leg i am calling my dr on monday morning before group. I have no clue what i did either! My oxycodone doesnt even touch it or the motrin 800 and robaxin. Tried the combo of all 3 too :( Nothing works except the ice helps for awhile on it. Wish i knew what was wrong! Do not want to bother with the ER because...
  • mtnfibroguy

CBT for Sleep

i had a sleep study done Monday to find out the reason for my insomnia. It turns out I do not have, now at least, sleep apnea. I've lost about 25 pounds since I do believe I did have it, weight for me made a big difference. There was no reason they could find for my insomnia as far as how my body functions.  I slept 3.9 hours out of 7. something. I actually did hit REM sleep, but he said only...
  • Leo

TGIFriday Phooey Check-in

Good morning! TOday I say we each pick one thing to which to say "phooey!" and just ignore it. Mine for the day is going to be the neighborhood cats. I love 'em, I do, but yesterday I was trying to chat to a neighbor---he was badly injured a year before I was, and we can talk relearning to walk and limping and all that---and first it was Spice, then Shadow, then Lil Miss, then someone's dog ran...
  • VABIRD

A little background after rejoining the FM group.

I was a member of DS FM group about 8 or 10 years ago, cannot really remember exactly.  The format of the site has changed a lot, so please bear with me.My name is Robin and I live in Virginia.  I was diagnosed with FM about 12 1/2 years ago, when my pain did not go away after being involved in a rear-end accident and sustaining whiplash.  Flash forward eight years and it was like lightning...
  • AutumnSong

life just sucks

My doctors appt went as I thought it would. I tore my rotator cuff. Two weeks in a sling with no use of my arm.  Then if it isn't better I wil see a surgeon.  She didn't sound hopeful.  I have vicodin for the pain. But the real pain is not using my arm.  I will have to do pt for awhile either way.  love to you all.
  • Nbob

Help

Hi! Not sure how this works now but I've been trying for awhile to get back here....hopefully with my past profile and all that goes with it. Have already tried twice without success but am admittedly not good with computers. For all that can remember me please know you've been much appreciated! Seriously confused. Even though energy is better with, finally, thyroid meds I still find myself...
  • Leo

Thursday Therapy Check-in

Good morning! Today I see physio doc, yay!Otherwise? Therapy today is... STOP.Sit.Think.Options.Plan.This is used in varying ways to help people not panic in crisis, but it's useful on a bad day. Just sit. Think of your Options, and make a Plan. You may find you have more options than you realize.For example: "I *have* to make supper! I can't do this, I'm in so much pain, and I have...
  • AngelaJo

I give up

On getting any answers or help with pain. The rhumatologists receptionist refused to let me be seen unless I pay 1 grand for appointment and tests even though I was pre-approved for my Uphp Medicaid. They are refusing it I even called Medicaid it was approved and Dr office told me when they made the appointment most I'd pay is 20 percent. Came to Green Bay for nothing. I'm in tears I give the...
  • KatieHolowanky

Exercising with Fibro?

Since I've been working on my feet again, I had to stop going to the gym. I was physically unable after being on my feet all day. I went straight from work to bed and rarely even cooked. This last weekend was my last few shifts on my feet, and it only took me one day to heal after the three days of work (thank goodness!!!) so I'm feeling relatively good now. The issue is, I'm extremely unhappy...
  • MAGICpill

I FOUND MY ONE PROBLEM

I know this isnt about muscle pain but yes it is in one way.Fibro makes our pain worse so I started reading and figuring out what is going on with my IBS.IBS pains feel worse with fibro,Anyway, I got my colonscopy pictures out from a year and half ago and saw a flexure in one of the pictures, as noted.Of course, the gastro and nurse tells you everything looks good, I guess until you have problems...
  • idajoy

Topamax - yikes.

Well, my doctor made the decision on Topamax for my migraines. I think the Imitrex didn't work with my other meds. I've never been afraid to start a med before, but I know one of our own (Angela) had trouble with it. I also think Blue takes it, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I took one, and now I wait. I guess he's starting it out on a low dose. The nurse told me that it may help with my fibro pain...
  • WolfgangMinerva

Leg cramps?

I know I read a thread once about this but my fogged brain can't remember what was said.I get leg cramps and pain lying down.  All I know is that it is not from my cholesterol med, or from too much activity, or from not enough activity.Ideas, anyone?   Thanks.
  • Leo

Word Wednesday Check-in

Good morning. I slept. Finally. Ahhh.... The pain was there, but I think the exhaustion beat it into submission for six hours, so hey, I'm feeling almost coherent! Whee!***OK, we all know English is a weird language. Or I do, anyway.For example: We have "uncouth".Where is "couth"? Hello? "Un" is a prefix. Root word "Couth". So if we're unamused and amused, why can we be uncouth but never couth?...
  • klirones

Cymbalta

Hi,I hope this is the fibromyalgia group. Haven't been on the site in a long time and it is very different. Anyway I have been taking cymbalta generic for fibro and arthritis pain and was having many of the side effects. All were tolerable exept the the digestive problems. When I tried to cut back to straighten out my system I found it difficult. So I researched Cymbalta withdrawal and was...