Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online
  • Time2livelife

Stoned feeling

i took one 300mg gabapentin yday, felt okish. Woke up groggy as hell. Took another this morning and omg i feel fucking stoned. I have another 300mg to take today. Then 3 tomro but im meant to be looking after my 1 yr old neice tomro theres no way i can function let alone be full alert of a 1 yr old. Il have skip a day even though ive only just started. Has anyone else felt stoned on it? I cant...
  • milily14

Yikes

It is 3:40 am and I can not sleep.  I have my new PCP appt tomorrow and my anxiety is out of control and the hamsters in my head are busy and have multiplied.  I just took a Xanax and hoping it will help.  I have been so traumatized by various Drs in the last 16 years that I have trouble with this new Dr thing. I have major trust issues with Drs. How dare my great and trusting Dr leave her...
  • mel313

New.....sort of

Hi to all, I have not ever introduced myself but have been a member for awhile. My name is Missy. I have this horrible follow through with groups. I feel alone most of the time and need to start changing that. It has been a very painful week and rain is moving in tonight. I hate that we are all in this journey together. (((((Hugs))))) to all.
  • Leo

Pfft Tuesday Check-in

Good morning! I am having such a "pfft" day already, LOL. Hubby decided I should "do more" of that typing in database crap for him (and good morning to you, too, dear....) and it's too warm and too weird and too weather-freaky and I was woken by the lovely sound of deer in my front yard trying to drink from the dish I left out for the cats. So there I am at 11 PM, in my PJs, with three deer...
  • Leo

Weary Wednesday CHeck-in

Good morning.Language lessonWeary: tired.Wary: careful.Leery: same as wary. Leery of snake oil salesmen, for example.People are using weary for wary a lot lately. bugs me. I had relatives work hard to learn the language. Native speakers could at least try, y'know?I am not doing well. Physically, it's jsut a mild flare, but the rest is bad, and Hubby won't even take the anti-anxiety stuff that...
  • crumbs

Call me crumbs

Hey everyone, I'm Crumbs... I thought it might be a good idea to join a support group. Mostly because my friends and family do not understand and I have hit a low point.  My official journey has just begun but I have been seeing doctors for ten years who have told me they can't find anything wrong.  I was not taken seriously until I moved and saw an allergist for hives.  I would get them...
  • jptexas

Hyperalagesia / Over sensitivity to pain...anyone?

Has anyone heard this form their doctors?  Trip to ER last night after weaning off of pain meds for a week.  Pain spiked and couldn't get control of it.  Seriously, I'm so tired of being minimized and reduced and belittled for "non-specific pain".  Ah no, I'm being specific...I told you, it is right and left lower abdominal pain.  Just because you can't check the box next to your little...
  • Leo

Monday Morning Check-in

Good morning:-)I am struggling today, friends, b/c of grief, and PTSD, and my fibro not knowing why it feels like April in February. (Seriously, there's tulips starting to pop up. Hello?)... But I wanted to thank you for your understanding, and for this community we keep, and the caring in it. Big group hug!(((((((((((((((Fibro))))))))))))))))))))***Meanwhile, iTunes updated and lost me my...
  • Time2livelife

Gabapentin

anyone tried this for fibro? Im about to take my first dose and im nervous after my last reaction to the other med dr prescribed. I hope not only pain wise it helps but also stops the crawling sensations on my face when i lay down. Have u tried it? Thanks. 
  • idajoy

Just me......

I'm up again before the chickens. We are at the resort. I caught a horrible cold yesterday. Just what I didn't need. There are 30 people here, in 3 attached villas. With this cold, I don't feel like seeing anyone. Our house has 4 showings this weekend. We are praying for an offer. I think some of you think we put an offer in on the brick house, but actually, the lady my husband works with is...
  • Leo

Weekend WTH!? check-in

Good morning:-)She forces a smile...Once again, a guided imagery technique got my Trauma Zombies woken up. So I woke up screaming and in a total panic. THis doesn't happen to other people. Safe Room is Safe Room. Me? Nope. I'm the WTH factor...***Today in 1564, artist Michelangelo died, aged 88, which was pretty dang good for any era, let alone the Renaissance. Although he's known for painting...
  • raven858

Just Tired!

I have Fibro, Psoridic Athritis in certain places and SI a muscle that strangles your nerve. My husband and his family are not supportive. Oh and I have Bipolar type 1 and DVT. So many drugs that treat fibro. I can not take. Recently I found out that my right hip is pinching my cartilage and walk even sitting aggravates it. I lost 50lbs. but still need to ose 30 more so I have to use crutches...
  • Time2livelife

Meds

hi everyone,first of all thanks to all who replied to my depressing post the other day. I feel little better today. Saying that though i had a complete break down in my doctors office this morning. I told her just how bad it feels. She has given me more zapan but is starting me on amtripyline. Bit risky with my other psychatric meds but we will see. Id try anything to just be able to sleep one...
  • Leo

TGIFibro? Check-in

Hey, all, a short one today b/c... screw it, just b/c. My arms are killing me, neck down. I've already been typing too much. Anyway...I heard something about an acquaintance that made me actually grateful it's only fibro I have to worry about. Not a reality check I expected, but maybe one I needed. It's pretty nasty stuff, but suffice to say, as sucky as it is... we've got each other, and we've...
  • countingmyblessings

The Neverending Story

Have you seen that movie? I have, but the only thing I remember about it was a kid flying on a magic dog. I definitely needed to hear about "The Room", and have been listening way too often to Natasha Bedingfield's "Pocketful of Sunshine." Why? For the "take me away!!!!" part. I know you know what I'm talking about; like all the flying dreams I had as a child - I just want to check out...