Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online
  • Leo

Thankful Thursday Check-in

Good morning! I know most of you in the US are off doing busy-busy and tha't sokay. Go do the busy-busy, family-friends, etc., time and we'll catch up on Black (BLECH) Friday tomorrow. Btw, "blech" is a cartoon word, for "yuck", and how my one family member pronounced "black" for ages b/c her native languages were Polish and Quebecois French. (Never ever ever use the French of the Ile d'Paris in...
  • AngelaJo

Pies! Photos

Apple, lemon merginue and 2 pumpkin :)
  • Leo

Warm-up Wednesday Check-in

Good morning! Well, I sorta kinda almost tried to sleep, LOL. Whole right side is a cramp from neck to knee, just one of thsoe fun post-injury things I get to have sometimes, blah, whatever, another day another ouchie.My house smells nice. I dropped a bottle of essential oil and the plastic bit in the top popped out and my floor is now very very very very very very minty. With plastic...
  • AngelaJo

Thank you Everyone

I want to say thank you to all of you that are so encouraging to me. You are always cheering me on and up! Even with this depression both last year and current you guys cheer me on! You guys got me thru the past week or so with this gout where i am in unbearable pain (finally somewhat better today thanks to steroids added yesterday) And you guys are so supportive! This is the best support group i...
  • lovelilbeany

Crawling sensations

ive been having crawling sensations in my ears and face for nearly a year now. Its getting increasingly worse. Now i cant even lay down without it happening. Worse part is thinking i have a spider on my face or climbing into my ear. I have a phobia of that. Im having nightmares every night when ive finally got to sleep of spiders and i mean multiple night terrors every night because of the...
  • Hopefull1

Re-post of Not Knowing

Hello, I'm new to the site and originally posted this in the lupus support group and didn't receive a response. I'm hoping to hear from someone who may be able to relate to having sudden pain and not knowing what is causing it. For the last couple of months I've been having a lot of pain and aches( leg, knee, hip, back arms, neck, and wrist at times) fatigue, memory issues and brain fog ie. I can...
  • Leo

Tuesday Trickstery Check-in

Good morning!My SIL is officially nucking futs. It's beyond doubt.She does not cook.She nevertheless wants a "sauerkraut pounder"  of acacia wood (African, IIRC).What. The. AAAAAAACK.OK, I grew up rural, farmy, Appalachia-Polish (yes, you're talking to a Polish hillbilly, we exist, go figure), adn when we made pickles or sauerkraut or ANYTHING....We did not require a goldang twenty-dollar hunk...
  • marsharebel.

OK, NEW SYMPTOM -- ANYBODY HAVE THIS?

Every time I think I must've reached some plateau of symptom levels, another one pops up.  This time, I have this (thankfully) brief feeling on my skin as though I had rubbed up against a cactus plant.  It literally feels like that.  Of course, nothing was there and I hadn't been outside, so I knew I was clear of that specific issue.  After a few minutes, it stopped, but has come back a few...
  • Daggett

Any musicians out there?

Hi there, this is my first post.A little about me:-I'm 23-I've had fibro symptoms for a couple years-I love music: singing, playing guitar & drums. I enjoy Relient K, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, R.E.M., Eagles, etc....which is why I'm here. I have a bit of a problem. You see, I fear that my love for music and my fibro have intersected.Since my fibro symptoms started, I have had a lot of...
  • Leo

Meowy Meowy Monday Check-in

Good morning!Well, cats, cats, and more cats! Actually, just five regulars, but still... I only have four cat beds on the porch. Which resulted in a bit of mayhem, AKA cats in a bad mood. Tho' yesterday morning, Shadow and LilMiss were "two loaves of bread" on the same cat bed, to keep warm. (Yes, their idiotic owners left them out ALLLLLL night...)And I managed to almost give poor Fraidy the...
  • 4everyoung1

breast implants causing fibromyalgia

Hello everyone,  I had a question about breast implants causing autoimmune/ fibromyalgia, etc .My sister - in - law got breast implants twenty years ago and has been experiencing autoimmune/fibro type symptoms the last 6-9 months.She has been researching and found some people who had them removed and their symptoms improved and other people who's symptoms didn't improve.She is looking at having...
  • Bobbii

Winter woes and it’s still fall!

It’s rare for me to post outside of check in, but you all understand my complaining and won’t make me feel bad for doing so.I’m so tired of the increased pain because it’s cold already. I’m lying here on the verge of tears because I’m in so much pain. I went to a seminar/meeting tonight and I could barely concentrate because all I could think about was the pain. I woke today to...
  • AngelaJo

Shrink appointment/depression etc

I saw my shrink and he wants me off the zyprexa and back on rexulti. Rexulti is the one that they took me off last year when i showed up diabetic and it was working great then went off it and had my nervous breakdown. My shrink thinks im gaining weight from the zyprexa and that its upping my sugars. He is going to okay it with my dr but its what he wants to do. My depression is back big time and...
  • Leo

Whiskery Weekend CHeck-in

Good morning!Well, we have four cat beds on the porch and three had dents this morning. Temp at 5 AM? -1*C, about 30*F. Shadow and Buster are confirmed, but number three is... ? Not there when I put out food. I swar I end up knowing cats by their butt-dents on the porch! (Or their wet pawprints. LilMiss's are uniquely tippy-toe-tiny, as if she never lets her whole forepaw touch the ground. Yes,...
  • BlueSky

Dry skin / cracked heels hack

I don't know if you're like me and you have to combat dry skin.... so part of your beautifying / preservation process is getting out of the shower means slabbing on creams and lotions as part of your daily ritual. I found a cheat by accident that I wanted to share with you and it's because my cracked heels are finally healing is why I've decided to tell you about this. So you know how after...