Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

2 Online
2 Online
  • tooyoung13

desperate mom

Hi, I am a mom of a 12 yr old son that has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. He has been having symptoms for the last year, but only once a month for 3 or 4 days, the rest of the time he is a normal active pre teen. I am very familiar with fibromyalgia, both of his grandmas have it, and my sister. It took my a long time to realize that's what he had. A lot of what I've read said it mostly affects...
  • Rubyo

About work

I used to own my own house keeping business but I have been unable to work for 2 years. If I work like I did even for one day I'm in such bad pain. In and out of doctor after doctor for 2 years also. How has fibromyalgia effected what you can do for work?
  • Leo

Terrific Tuesday Check-in

Good morning, a bit late. I actually slept! That awful fibro-exhausted sleep that you can't really get out of, but hey, it was *sleep* !So, a bit of nerding out in the vocabulary sense, bc I was re-reading this book and this particular passage again struck me.(T. Pratchett, "Lords and Ladies")"Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder. Elves are mervellous. They cause marvels. Elves are fantastic....
  • Hello everyone! With the recent influx of new people in the group, a lot of the usual suspects for dealing with fibro pain have been thrown around. Acupuncture is one of those, and I was wondering: how many of you have actual personal experience with it? My partner was suggesting recently that I try it. She experienced it as very helpful for some back pain, my SIL says acupuncture eliminated her...
  • fibrogirl88

New to group

Hello everyone, I just joined this group yesterday in hopes of finding support for this debilitating illness. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at 12 years old after having mononucleosis. I'm now 24 and have suffered for 12 years trying to find some sort of relief. I've tried so many different treatments (lyrica, Cymbalta, celebrex, amitriptilene, neurontin, savella, multiple...
  • Hey everybody, my name is James. I'm 19, and surprise, I have fibromyalgia. I haven't really talked about it in detail with others in my life, and in desire for an outlet, I found this. I hope it's okay if I vent a bit on here, I figure others with FM may understand more.I had a few years of pain before they finally diagnosed me. I mean a teenage boy with FM? It makes sense why it wasn't easy to...
  • lgb1072

New to Group

Hello all. I used to be very active. Tennis, bowling league, hunting, fishing, bicycling, baseball, truck pulls, demolition derbies, raised my own food for many years, Beachbody Coach (still am because I am hoping to become active in it again one day). Just a couple years ago, I was doing workout programs like P90X and Body Beast. I looked and felt great. I was very healthy and not on any...
  • Good morning, Everyone! Ran late this AM. We had no internet for a while. Someone failed to maintain a lane and they had to cut off our utilities for a while. So, anyway, Hello to our newcomers, our old-timers, and all of us in-between, too! How was your weekend?I almost have this flu beat. Mwahahaha! Onion broth did the usual trick in clearing my respiratory system. Also, Hubby claims it drove...
  • AngelaJo

Small Blessings!!

I have been in so much pain that yesterday my parents had to take my dog, shes still there i was in tears trying to walk her. Well i saw my neurologist today and after going 3 months without my oxycodone i finally have it paid for by my medicaid!!!!! I just took a dose and am going to rest today and hope i feel better soon. That and my new friend i made who lives above me has made my outlook on...
  • puppymom06

Struggling

I am struggling more than usual and humbly ask for support and prayers. I am having swelling and numbness in both legs since April. Haven't driven since June because my legs go numb when I sit down. Sent to two orthopedic docs. One did an MRI. Nerves coming off my spine are white hot. Said I needed neuro. Primary care refused to send me. Second ortho sent notes and I have an appointment in...
  • LimeandtheCoconut

Hi all , I'm new to the group , just wondering how many people here are suffering from other illnesses and what types?
  • Doctor has prescribed several SSRI's over the course of years for the fibro pain, all without much success. Always get extreme nausea and vomitting, so had to stop. Now we're trying Lexapro, 5 mg . . . lowest dose . . . and I am so nauseous now, but wait!! There's even more! Feel jittery, dizzy, tired, confused and even more unfocused, and just not like me. After one stupid pill last night at...
  • Hello, my friends. I don't come on here much anymore for obvious reasons....the new site stinks! And now I see what you all mean by the tiny type....good grief! Who knows what I'm writing here?! Anyway I'm in a pit right now. Some of you may recall that our son and his family are missionaries in Mexico. This is where my only grand children live....a 5 year old granddaughter and 18 month old...
  • hello again! I want to thank you all for your replies in my other thread about our missionary son. I talked yesterday to a good friend/spiritual mentor who thinks perhaps our son isn't happy there and is dealing with that. That's a possibility, I guess. It's funny, because my husband wondered the same thing. But they are both very concerned about my mental and emotional state right now. ...
  • Leo

Weekend Hideout Check-in

Good morning-etc.! Slept awful, this silly flu has me achy, and today is Move-In at the local uni. What does that mean? HIDE! Hide! Until at least TUesday.... So that's my weekend plan. Woot. Rest, fluids, and avoid the two big roads, b/c it's bumper-to-bumper-to-bumper for *miles* on Move-In Weekend. And that's with the big road closed to local traffic. Our area's population increases by about...