Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

4 Online
4 Online
  • I been living with this disease for over 10 years and tried every pill there is. I got it just about under control but my bad days...woooo weeee. No joke. I have 11 bottles of medication I have to take. Alot of ppl just dont understand what Im going thru, it hurts so bad. Somedays I cant get out of bed. I see a new Pain dr next month. There is no cure so I understand we have to deal with this for...
  • missbond1230

Please help!

Hello all. I'm new to this sort of thing. I don't have anywhere else to turn. I was in a car accident in 2008 and have been dealing with chronic full body pain since then. I am only 31 and have 3 children. Some days I can't even walk let alone clean or work. Over the years I have visited numerous types of doctors, had MRIs, X-rays, and all that. The doctors act like they don't care and try to...
  • Leo

Weekend Whooops! Check-in

OMG, Good morning, aftertnon, etc., so sorry I am runing so late! ANd typing so poorly. Horrible night here, fibro and so forth,b lah blah hblah, y'all know the drill. So bad on me, WHOOPS!, okay, breathing now. Yikes.***Odd nicknames: Honus Wagner of pro baseball, a legend in his own time, earned the nickanme "Flying Dutchman". Here's where it gets weird. The name's origin is that of a mythical...
  • Pumpkin31

Med withdrawal misery

I 've become severely allergic to my dihydrocodeine and am having to stop cold turkey. It's been 3 days 14hrs so far and I feel like death. I've had to stop everything i was on this year, one by one, due to severe allergy and the dhc was my last pain pill. At times I hate fibromyalgia and how weird it is.Anyone had experience coming off opioids? Or other meds?
  • sharingideas

New onboard

Hello everyone, I'm new on here and just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Donna
  • sue.wilson1129

Can it be

Ok.. I went to the dentist today I have been having bad pain on my bottom left side of my teeth.. They did X-rays showed nothing. He did his exam and tapped and poked around. He couldn't find any reason for the pain. No cavity. So he prescribed me an antibiotic and said that should take care of it to call back after a week if not. I told him I have fibromyalgia could the pain be connected to...
  • countingmyblessings

Check in/ check out

Just wanted to check in. Been checked out of my life here for a few days at least. I've always been a list maker. When Fibro began to suck in my life, I tried to alter my lists. Like so many of you, I have lost most of my life, or altered it in some way. They say it's the change of seasons that has increased my pain to (OH MY GOD I WANT TO DIE, WILL IT EVER END!). For 2 weeks now, I have wanted...
  • Abotsd

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE VOICE PROBLEMS?

I SOUND like I'm at least 90, told I have dysphonia. What do you do about this? Need help!
  • countingmyblessings

New season/new meds

Have missed writing a few days mostly because I've been constantly driving the last few days. (Oh yippee, one of my least favorite things. And I used to love long drives -now I just feel like a fat sardine crushed into a clown car). Doctor appointments, one car, hubby works 2 hours away, dr. 2 hrs away the other direction. As I mentioned before, season change has left me breathless with pain....
  • Leo

TGIFriday! Finally, chefck-in

OK, good morning, and mystery solved. Of all the werid things... My neighbor was selling e-cig refills. Illegally selling vape stuff. Wow. I think he got a misdemeanor and a scolding and a fine. (The scolding from his wife.) Yes, the police were on the trail of.... illegal underground e-cig stuff.On one hand, I get it. ILlegal is illegal.On the other, I'm like, "Seriosuly? Butthe meth lab up the...
  • deleted_user

Lycria

Hi everyone. I wanted to give an update on my memory loss. I had a cat scan done on my head and everything looked good. I am thinking to myself then the only thing it can be is the Lycria. This is the only medicine I have taken new this year. Lycria gave me back my life and now it has taken my mind. I tried to back off myself this entire week. I decreased the dosage and then I...
  • I found a really interesting article which led me to several more interesting articles when you get to the bottom you can click and read more articles. I used to read read read read and research a ton about FM and CFS and then over the last 5 years or so I dwindled down to barely anything because everything I read seemed to be same old thing or false hope. BUT now I found some cool new...
  • Leo

Therapy Thursday Check-in

Hey, all, sorry to be late! Good morning! It's been insane here. Next door's cat Shadow is permanently on my porch, LilMiss has movedout on her own, their old fat marmalade won't even go in the house, and guess who inherited two of thsoe three? (Ironically, not Lil Miss, she fled to a place eight houses away.) And there's strange cars coming and going annnnd... Yeah, things are overflowing like a...
  • Bronte

New to this site

Hi there. I am new to this site. Not sure where to start. Have fibro and other auto-immune conditions. Am an artist, writer and musician so spend a lot of solitary time creating but would like to connect with others who have chronic pain issues to share ideas, advice, stories etc. One of the most frustrating aspects to this illness is the isolation. I am by nature a gregarious person but...
  • WhiteDolphin

Cane/Walking stick

I think I need one, too many episodes of weakness, dizziness, blackouts, and generally feeling like I can't feel the ground when I walk. I want to know how many others use one and age started using one. i'm 39, I guess I'm a tad nervous of people staring at me, although strangers are easier to accept stares from than real life friends/family. I know I need it I just don't want to explain it to...