Empty Nests Support Group

Empty nest syndrome is a general feeling of depression and loneliness that parents/other guardian relatives feel when one or more of their children leave home. Empty nest syndrome has become more prevalent in modern times, as the extended family is becoming less common than in past generations, and the elderly are left living by themselves.

0 Online
  • kizzi

Worried about having an empty nest?

I want to help you.My book will be published this summer. It’s about the Empty Nest Syndrome and the silent pain this can cause, creating sadness, anxiety, loneliness and depression and how you can leave all this behind to find your truth, your other reason to be living at this time, on this planet, beyond motherhood.I am currently looking for case studies to work with before I submit my final...
  • CopingNow

What's working for any of you

I have been on this particular group for a year or more.  I have found that sometimes when I come to this group I read other posts and even post I start to feel better.  Then I don't come on for awhile.  So I feel like I am not really great at supporting others.I feel like I need to figure things out.  I have been back in my rut where things are just fine Monday-Friday when I am working but...
  • highwood

This site is weird....

and useless...what is the point of posting on here when hardly anyone responds to anyone??   Someone posted the other day I responded relatively quickly and nothing.
  • highwood

Son leaving wednesday...

we are in canada and he accepted a copilot positionway up north.   IN front of him I am supportive but inside I am anxious, scared, worried,etc.  He got the word on Friday and it is happening fast.  I have had sleep issues, lack of appetite, etc since then.  My stomach is in a knot.   How can I change my negative thinking to positive?
  • SlowlySurely.XYZ

A little different.

Hello ENers!Hope you're very well today.I am a newbie, both as an empty nester and to this site.I have a slightly different question:Are there any SMENers (single mom empty neaters) who are enjoying some or all aspects of this phase of life; are working to rediscover or remember you post full-time parenting?Would love to connect with you!!!!I am having a bit of a difficult time, in that I felt a...
  • deleted_user

Empty Nest

My daughter moved away for college and I'm grieving. I can't believe how bad I feel. I actually feel like I can't go on. She was my whole world and I'm so sick of hearing "get a hobby." No one ever talks about how bad this "empty nest is. By far worse feeling in the whole world for me so far. I feel like i;m dying and she is perfectly happy with living away from home. Will I ever be happy again??...
  • lori726

New to this group and want some helpful advice

I am a 54 year old women. My daughter is moving out of thr house very soon and I feel so depressed that I cant eat or sleep. I will miss her company and our day to day interactions. I will miss our family life tht I have known for the last 25 years. My husband is not very depressed at all and really doesnt understand my sudden grief. My father and my dog have recently died and now my daughter is...
  • Shaynesmom

Looking for support

My 23 year old son just left home today with friends who flew up from FL to help him move there from here, VT.  He has lived with us full-time since high school and I can't stop crying.  I feel so isolated despite having a wonderful husband (his step-dad) and great friends.  My stomach is  in knots and my mind is racing.  How do you cope with this?  We are very close and have had a great...
  • Greetings!Are you an empty nester and looking for a way to make the best of your upcoming years? You can now help people who need storage space by renting out your space space. Whether it's your garage, spare room or even wardrobe, you can make money by renting it out on our platform. Sign up now at http://smorage.com/ 
  • CBW

Empty nesters in Atlanta, GA?

Hello all!I've been unsuccessful in finding a local support group. If anyone in the Atlanta area is also looking for a local support system or just a new empty-nest friend to hang out with, please let me know... we can start our own group or at least find some activities to explore. Meanwhile, I'm very happy to have found this online support group.I've been a stay at home mom for 20 years. I've...
  • Bagelsandcreamcheese

Daughter of an empty nester

Greetings to all of you. Congratulations to all of you who have raised children into adulthood. It is not an easy journey,  and I admire every one of you.I am posting to ask for advice about my single, empty nester mother. I have been out her house for almost 10 years and she is still lonely and despondent. I have 3 children that require so much of my attention that I barely care for myself. My...
  • cdw10

Last one gone....

Hello ... I'm reaching out to anyone that can help as I am desperately sad :-( ... my youngest (18) has just left and she was just awful. Angry, hurtful and nasty :-) Its my own fault for giving her far too much and sacrificing far too much. However I cant turn the clock back ... its too late :-( I dont have friends and family (immigrated) , dont have a job as have been studying (finish my degree...
  • Deb822

Empty nest

Hi all,  I am so sad. My last daughter moved out a couple of months ago. I have been a total invested mom all of their lives. Now they don't need me. We don't talk everyday and i am so lonely and lost. I don't know what to do. I don't have many friends because i have always been doing things with my daughters. I have 3 daughters. My son passed away when he was 6 years old to cancer. He was my...
  • prince3121

At a loss

I have been a single mum for 29 years (apart from bad marriage in the middle) and had a wonderful close relationship with my daughter and we are best friends who always have done everything together. She is still living with me and only just starting to date but I am finding it hard to adjust. Suddenly I am feeling so alone and lost & I guess mentally trying to prepare for empty nest syndrome....
  • Mimi23

Next month I will be an empty nester-high anxiety!

I'm really glad to find this site. I'm a single mom. My oldest is getting married in a week, already lives in another state. Then my youngest will be leaving in a month to live out where his brother lives, in another state. I'm so sad knowing he's leaving. Granted I would never stop him from living his dream, but I feel like I'm losing a huge part of me. It doesn't help that a year ago I was in a...