Diets & Weight Maintenance Support Group

Chat about how well your latest diet is -- or is not -- working. This group is a great place to find support and accountability as well as share success stories and valuable lessons with the community. From where to start to weekly weigh-ins, get help from others to reach your dieting and weight maintenance goals.

2 Online
  • Moondreamer1988

Depression and losing weight..

Hi all, I'm new to the group!I have been on a pretty strict diet and workout schedule for about a month now, and right when I thought I was doing well (lost four pounds) I fell off the wagon. Most of it was due to being sick and making excuses for myself. I live with family that do not eat well and do not really support my weight loss journey. Without getting into extremely long details, my...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In♥Jan 15-21♥Body & Brain

This week’s topic is taking care of the body and brain.  They work together to change us either positively or not.  If we have fatigue or any kind of disorder, we can help change our body and brain situation.  A simple answer to doing this is through exercising however we are able.  One step at a time, we can stretch, do puzzles, brain activities, learn something new.  There is always hope...
  • ttocs21

My 2017 Goal

After graduation last year I went through a slump, I'm living at home again. Not that it's bad in and of itself... but I know what I'm capable of and have just been afraid to try to do it. I've lost weight before and lost it really quick. 30 lbs in 6 weeks. But I didn't make the lifestyle changes needed to keep it off. So now 5 years later I gained the weight back and added more to it too. But...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In ♥Jan 8-14♥Outside the Comfort Zone

When’s the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?It's so comfy to stick with the same routines but I was invited to a seminar this weekend and had a blast chatting with our small group and sharing experiences.  I bumped into someone from years ago and made new friends too. Stepping out of our comfort zone is a great avenue for growth, learning something new, building self-confidence,...
  • carlajo79

Hello to the group!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Carla and I decided to join this group to get support as I begin my weight loss journey. I am beginning to follow the Daniel plan and work with a life coach to improve my health. I hope to make friends here and be an encouragement to others. Feel free to message me, would love to meet each of you! Have a great day!
  • YaYa75

Hellllooo......

Hello All! Just wanted to drop in and say hello and happy new year! I joined the group with the hopes of getting (and giving) support and encouragement with this weight loss journey that I am on right now. I have fallen off the horse, gotten back on, fallen again and now trying to pick myself back up. It's sooooo hard.  I am doing Medifast and it's a struggle doing it alone. Hope to make some...
  • RosalieCancun

hello

Hi, I want to say hello and introduce myself: I'm Rosalie from New York City and I decided to join this group to get support as I begin my weight loss journey. I hope to make friends here and be an encouragement to others. Feel free to message me.
  • learning2live2017

emotional eating....

So I had to bring my daughter to the ER today/tonight. She had a fever of 103.9 and that is way too high. Throughout the entire time we were in the ER i never once thought about food. i just wanted her to be alright. it was found that she had an ear infection and something called RSVP. after they released her we were driving home and i saw a fast food place. i ordered three large combos and two...
  • Patjmd

Stuck

Hi, I am on a weight loss journey.  I needed to lose 30 lbs and I have lost 19.  I eat properly, work out 5 days a week but the weight around my stomach is not coming off.   Struggling with this and don't understand  why I can't  get rid  if it.
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In ♥ Jan 1 - 7 ♥ Happy New Year

`'`'`'`'`'` ! HaPpY NeW YeAr 2017 ! `'`'`'`'`'`Healthy LifestyleIt’s a lifestyle… not a diet… and definitely not just a trip to the gym.  It’s about adopting great habits and tweaking them as suits our needs.  Great things, like the Orson Wells advertisement featured about wine, take time.  You are worth an investment with your time and planning, just like the finest monument ever...
  • Levette05

Finding Motivation

Hello, my name is Michelle and I'm new to this site. I'm looking for support in my weight loss journey because recently it has become a major struggle. To give some background I am a diabetic and as a teen I was a little heavy but not in terrible health. It was in college I lost someone close to me that I began emotional eating and got very out of control. In October of 2015 my doctor told me my...
  • learning2live2017

A happy experiment over dinner.....

Ok, so I'm hoping this is the right group to post this in since it really covers two different ones (parenting and weightloss). Apologize if it isnt but i have to share. So, I have a very hard time getting my daughter to try vegetables (she was never exposed to them thanks to my mom) but tonight it was accomplished. :) I wanted to find a way to actually like veggies and fruit myself and ive...
  • learning2live2017

Introducing myself

Hi, my name is Jessica! I am 18, a single mom, and probably the heaviest I have ever been. My weight as of my doctors appointment last week was 378lbs, which is actually down from before i moved out of my parents house (you can read more about life before move on my profile). Anyways, I guess part of me thought when I made the move out of my parents house things would magically fall into place....
  • Lupin1

anyone else experiencing tiredness a lot?

Is anyone else finding weight loss tiring? I feel like I have no mental energy. I've lost over 7 stone but now it's getting much slower and more tiring. I need to lose another 2 stone, but it's hard going!
  • akarn

Struggling

Hello, I am nw here. I weight about 270 pounds and I am 5'2. I am from Canada but currntly living in th UK with my husband and until we get set up on our own we are staying at his parents house. We got married last year but just did the paperwork and we are planning our wedding for this october. I have a food addiction, I have known now for a while and never even tried to do anything about it but...