Diets & Weight Maintenance Support Group

Chat about how well your latest diet is -- or is not -- working. This group is a great place to find support and accountability as well as share success stories and valuable lessons with the community. From where to start to weekly weigh-ins, get help from others to reach your dieting and weight maintenance goals.

3 Online
  • mommato2

Help

Hey everyone,I'm hoping to drop 2 pant sizes by Christmas.  I'm close to the next size down.  I was down to a size I was happy with this summer, but then the school year started and I have been struggling with my weight between helping my son with his school work, my daughter, and well, just life.  I need accountability, advice, etc.  I'm a very picky eater and I have a HUGE sweet tooth.  I...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In<>Sep 24-30<>Healthy Challenge?

In addition to eating healthier, getting into healthy habits and setting goals, getting enough water is a key factor in staying on track.  Let's challenge ourselves to drink our water every day.  I'm going to give myself 1 point for meeting my water goal daily.  I will add walking to this challenge as well.  1 point daily for walking 15 minutes daily to start.  Another point daily for each...
  • ruthgrps

Starting yet again!

I am 55, I seem to have been on a diet forever, when I was young I was fit and healthy, now I have a heart problem amongst other things, am unfit and fat.  Not that fat but I'd like to loose 9 pounds by Christmas, then I would consider myself my right weight for height, thats just in the normal weight range for my height.  I have a tendancy to be lazy, when it comes to fitness and actually...
  • ND-STRNGTH

Urgently need a workout Friend

Hey everyone, So happy to be here with you.At this time though I am going through a state of laziness and negativity when it comes to my workout practices.I know for a fact I am not living a healthy lifestyle since I sit down for almost the entire day from working at home to watching tv and just meh!. I am 29 years old and in a few months will be a year older but at this point I am starting to...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In<>Sep 17-23<>Healthy Habits

Come one, come all.  For over a week now, "Irma-Geddon" has plagued Central Florida and I've lost track of healthy habits. With a new-found appreciation for living with electricity, I am promising myself to make better use of my time with modern conveniences.  I wasn't home for much of the past week or so and did not weigh in.  No idea how much weight I've packed on eating pizza and things not...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In<>Sep 10-16<>Healthy Guidelines

Seems it's always good to be refreshed on healthy guidelines as Weight Watchers has pointed out some years ago.  It always helps me re-focus. 1. Fruits and vegetables:  Eat at least five 1/2-cup servings of fruits and vegetables per day.A serving is 1/2 cup, except for leafy greens which are 1 cup per serving. For those over 350 pounds, 9 servings are recommended.2. Whole grains: Choose whole...
  • chris138

Diet update

Hmm,Well I have been not really watching what I eat but rather how much I eat and when I eat. I think I managed to thin out frequency of my meals. My last full blood test showed my cholestroal to be 285. My triglycerides were high too. So I was put on a new statin. Because I am a 45 year old male, for curiousty I got a PSA blood test done. My PSA was .66. So pretty low and great. So no prosate...
  • Cheesecake2017

GM DIET

I am planning to go on a GM Diet on saturday. Last year I was able to do it and I lost 8kgs.However, this time, I can't stick to the plan same as before. Any tips? I think I need support.
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In • Sept 3-9 • "Some Mornings!"

Have you ever had “one of those mornings” — where everything seemed to go wrong? For example, maybe you overslept, ran late getting out of the house, didn’t have time for breakfast, and then got stuck in traffic for an hour. Or maybe a different “terrible morning” came to your mind just now.Whatever your version may be, though… we’ve all experienced that kind of morning.And it can...
  • jessiemawer

Losing Weight

Im currently at my heaviest I've even been I just can't seem to control my food or my diet and it's driving me insane, I really need some help losing weight and some support to!!im currently 151cms and I weigh in between 56-59kgs as I refuse to weigh myself as I don't want to see the numbers on the scale :( definitely struggling !!
  • ruthgrps

Looking for a slimming buddy!

Just wondered if anyone is interested in being my slimming buddy?  I dont have much weight to loose only 9 pounds, but, I am majorly struggling, particularly in the afternoons, when I want to eat biscuits all the time, my weight is going slowly back up.  Hope some is interested!
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-in ☼ Aug 27-Sep 2 ☼ Say No to Sugar!

The Connection Between Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome, Sugar and DepressionAdrenal Fatigue Syndrome (AFS) is a condition resulting from adrenal exhaustion that affects many adults in the U.S. It is broad spectrum and non‐specific, and many times debilitating symptoms are often overlooked by conventional medicine. Recent studies suggest that the correlation between sugar and depression often plague...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In ☼ August 20-26 ☼ Healthy Habits

Making Healthy Habits StickHow many times have you set lofty weight-loss goals at the start of a new year and given up on them just a few weeks later? Or maybe you vowed to kick poor eating habits once and for all but slipped back into your old ways soon after. Resolutions offer a lot of promise, but they tend to fizzle out when a challenge arises or motivation wanes. So what exactly makes...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In ☼ August 13-19☼ Combatting Stress!

Sometimes we have our healthy routines in our head yet stressful triggers can be challenging, as I've found this week.  So I'm in the need for some stress-busters and thought what a great time to share some tips on the subject.10 stress bustersIf you're stressed, whether by your job or by something more personal, the first step to feeling better is to identify the causeThe most unhelpful thing...
  • dyinginside35

Diet ideas

Can anyone  share meal ideas w me or diets they are onor have used.