Diets & Weight Maintenance Support Group

Chat about how well your latest diet is -- or is not -- working. This group is a great place to find support and accountability as well as share success stories and valuable lessons with the community. From where to start to weekly weigh-ins, get help from others to reach your dieting and weight maintenance goals.

1 Online
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In • May 21-27 • Trendset!

Sometimes we need to tweak our healthy routines and take charge of moving forward even farther.  If something isn't working, we can change it.  It's great to get new ideas when we need a refresher for our routines.  We have the power to be our own leader.  The healthy lifestyle is an ongoing learning process where we change up or add new ideas as we go.  So, be a trendsetter, a leader, and...
  • carolinaelizabeta8

I eat more when I'm sad

I could use some advice on what others do to prevent emotional eating!  I'm going through I tough time right now and turn to food and sugary drinks to cope... Please help with your advice!  Anyone else do this?  
  • KBeard24

Opportunistic Eater

Hi All - Does anyone have advice for avoiding or turning down unhealthy foods offered at public events, family gatherings, office breakrooms, etc.? For example, every Friday, my office has a free breakfast available to the staff and it's usually unhealthy (e.g. doughnuts, bagels, bear claws, etc.). Every week, I tell myself I'm going to avoid it, but I always eat from it. Is there any advice on...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In • May 14-20 • Learning "Healthy"

Welcome to a New Week!After reading an article on success with weight loss and healthy lifestyle, the take home is that you just get better and better at using the tools available to you!  How wonderful!  Yes, it's a process, not an overnight dieting fad.  Afterall, we want to be healthy for the rest of our lives, not just temporarily because of some fad diet.Here's a few tips from a...
  • Trooper10

20 Pounds

Why does it seem so difficult to lose that last 20 pounds? I am average height and weight, but would like to get down to about 135.0 pounds (high school weight) The goal is attainable, but one has to put forth a lot of effort.  Getting motivated is the problem. Sticking to a exercise schedule is a problem for me. I do good for two weeks, and then, fall off the ban wagon. I will remain...
  • Vane2017

Advise on living fit and healthy

Just this year I have gained 20lbs. Due to highschool stress, working at a Dinnin resturant and life itself. My eating habits are out of control. I've tried to start slow, decreasing my food portions, and avoiding sweets. But the moment I cave in on sweets everything fails. I eat till I am stuffed. I feel so guilty because I know I can resist the sweets. I say this because 2 years ago I quit...
  • Goldielocks5

Staying motivated

I'm struggling staying motivated.  With diet and exercise.  I'm always tired due to my insulin resistance.  My roommates have junk food everywhere.  I did good last year with diet due to insulin resistance and I couldn't anymore.  It got harder and harder to eat meat and vegetables.  I couldn't have root vegetables, carbs like bread rice and pasta, no sweets/sugar, and no fruit.  Granted...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In • May 7-13 • Beat the Bloat

The Plan That Beats Your BloatPut a stop to a puffy, painful belly with Dr. Robynne Chutkan’s plan to beat your bloat.If you've got bloating so bad you think you might just pop, put an end to it today. Many people wake up with flat bellies, only to find that by the end of the day their stomachs are distended and painful. Fortunately, gastroenterologist Dr. Robynne Chutkan is sharing her expert...
  • Beth793

FREE COACHING!!!!!

Hi! I am offering 28 days or 4 weeks of free coaching to you guys! I will calculate your macros, plan your meals based on foods you enjoy, and give you weekly exercises! Please email me at elizabeth83752@gmail.com. First come, first serve! I hope this helps
  • steelsully

losing it

Hey i have an idea,could we get some people together and well share our weekly weigh ins on friday that way i can be held accountable if not i always say ill start next week but next week never seems to come.And we could share tips or what worked for you that week.They say men can lose weight easier i say bullshit it doesnt work with me,      Sully
  • DebbieW

New and Excited About Getting in Shape

Hi All, I'm new and excited about this support group and getting in shape for the summer! It's a lot harder for me to lose weight in my mid-50s than when I was younger. Decided to try some new supplements today and will see what the outcome is. I have an issue with eating at night while watching tv. I just like to have something to snack on! I also like afternoon snacks, especially chocolate....
  • vsavior

A second try

I just joined this site for help with weight loss and other reasons.  I started out at about 300 lbs and last year had lost 60 of it.  I have since gained it back and now wish to give it another go and try to keep it off this time.  All I really do is workout a couple of days a week and limit my calorie intake.  Is there anything else I should do or watch as I plan my diet?  Any advice would...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In ♦ April 23-30 ♦ The Basics

With persistence, the sky's the limit.It’s a new week, yet every moment is brand new and we can turn over that leaf anytime without waiting for a particular week, day, or hour.  Right now is always the best time to start.  Whether you’re just getting back to healthy lifestyle, or seeking motivation to continue the path, keep the basics in mind.Jack LaLanne, the legendary fitness guru, was...
  • KBeard24

Diet & Exercise Maintenance

Hi All - I just joined this group today and am excited to be a part of the community. Over the last few years, I've lost 60 pounds and am currently at a healthy weight. However, I'm hoping to slim down in preparation for my wedding and, of course, the upcoming summer. I've recently begun kickboxing, but only attend classes 1-2 times a week (membership is pricey!). I'm looking forward to...
  • deleted_user

maintaining after gastric bypass surgery

Anyone at the 14 month point after surgery? I need to connect to someone who is where I am!!