Diets & Weight Maintenance Support Group

Chat about how well your latest diet is -- or is not -- working. This group is a great place to find support and accountability as well as share success stories and valuable lessons with the community. From where to start to weekly weigh-ins, get help from others to reach your dieting and weight maintenance goals.

0 Online
  • lorrieonline

Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Recipes

A Traditional Thanksgiving MenuWe’ve gathered our favorite Thanksgiving recipes to help you build the essential holiday menu. You’ll find juicy turkey, fragrant gravy, succulent sides, and delicious desserts.Article By: WeightWatchers.comWhen your family and friends sit down to these delicious versions of the all-American classics, no one will know that they’re enjoying healthier food....
  • gypsymoon

My first post... New to this

Hey y'all. Not sure if anyone will even read this, but here goes nothing... So, I'm new to the whole support group thing. I'm not sure how often I'll post, or if I'll even post anything after this... But, I've kind of hit rock bottom--So, I kind of figured joining would be a good place to start to get back on track. I get support from my family, but they don't understand. They don't encourage me...
  • Retrogirl

Baby weight

I gained 85 lbs in my pregnancy. So far I have lost 44 of it since my son was born on August 24th. I'm here looking for support while I attempt to " bounce back." 
  • searchingforbalance

What Motivates You?

What motivates you guys to keep going? I get super motivated to be healthy, but after a few days, I lose sight of my goals and binge. Afterwards, I feel so much shame. I don't know how to hold myself accountable and keep going anymore. I want to stop slipping up and accomplish my goals. I just don't know how to keep going...
  • dyinginside35

Whats better?

Is it better to work out at night or in the morning? Any great recipes someone wants to share?
  • madhatterWoman

I can't seem to stick at it

I have tried so many times to diet, I just can't keep the modavation. Even when I start to see results I sabotarge myself and end up going on an eating spree that makes me feel awful and sick. I eat so much that even when I feel sick to my stomach I still keep eating. It's like I'm afraid that I'm not bound to be able to eat the things I enjoy becaus they are going to disappear forever. I have...
  • Lily_s

I can not hide behind baggy clothes anymore

I can not stand being called fat by students around campus. When I look in the mirror I am disgusted by how I look. I have lost confidence in myself and it has gotten to a point where I lock myself up in my room the whole day because I feel judged by just walking out of my room. I have tried joining the gym but that makes me feel stupid and I am not motivated to achieve my goals. Please help. 
  • ruthgrps

Failed Again!

Well I've failed again! I am as fat as I was at the begining as I am now, I've lost weight and gained weight again and again.  I am so sick of the situation, I cant join a slimming group £30 pounds a week I just cant afford.  So I am very much on my own.  I weight this morning and I am 9stone 11pounds.  I'm not vastly overweight and have 11 pounds to loose, but it matters as I am a cardiac...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In (Nov 12-18) Weight Loss Mistakes

Dieters Reveal Their Biggest Weight Loss MistakesLosing weight isn’t always an easy journey. It takes plenty of hard work and sacrifice, and there will inevitably be setbacks along the way. In fact, most people who lose weight aren’t successful in the long-term—researchers from the University of Pennsylvania found that 65 percent of dieters gain it back within three years.But even people...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In (Nov 5-11) Metabolism

What Is Metabolism and How Can I Change It?Metabolism is a combination of biochemical processes that your body uses to convert food into energy. These metabolic processes include breathing, eating and digesting food, the delivery of nutrients to your cells through the blood, the use of energy by your muscles, nerves and cells, and finally the elimination of waste products from your body. The...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In (Oct 29-Nov 4) Eating

Eating Well Without Being MiserableEating a healthy diet is another part of the healthy lifestyle. Not only can a clean diet help with weight management, it can also improve your health and quality of life as you get older.You already know about the food groups and the fact that you should eat more fruits and vegetables and less processed foods.Most of us probably have a list of things we know we...
  • ND-STRNGTH

Urgently need a workout Friend

Hey everyone, So happy to be here with you.At this time though I am going through a state of laziness and negativity when it comes to my workout practices.I know for a fact I am not living a healthy lifestyle since I sit down for almost the entire day from working at home to watching tv and just meh!. I am 29 years old and in a few months will be a year older but at this point I am starting to...
  • friendlyNcrazy

Weight loss and muscle mass

Hi, I'm 16, I want to gain muscle especially in my arms. I'm 'skinny fat' so want to loose the fat but gain some muscle
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In (Oct 22-29) Movement!

The Benefits of Moving MoreThe great thing about moving is that just a few minutes a day can have lasting benefits, many of which you may not even be aware of.Just some of the benefits include: • Reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes• Improves joint stability• Increases and improves range of motion• Helps maintain flexibility as you age• Maintains bone mass•...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In (Oct 15-21) Calories Count

By Mayo Clinic StaffCounting calories:  Get back to weight-loss basicsYour weight is a balancing act, and calories play a big role.  FInd out how calories determine your weight and ways you can best cut calories from your diet.Despite all the diet strategies out there, weight management still comes down to the calories you take in versus those you burn off.Fad diets may promise you that...