Diets & Weight Maintenance Support Group

Chat about how well your latest diet is -- or is not -- working. This group is a great place to find support and accountability as well as share success stories and valuable lessons with the community. From where to start to weekly weigh-ins, get help from others to reach your dieting and weight maintenance goals.

2 Online
  • With persistence, the sky's the limit.It’s a new week, yet every moment is brand new and we can turn over that leaf anytime without waiting for a particular week, day, or hour.  Right now is always the best time to start.  Whether you’re just getting back to healthy lifestyle, or seeking motivation to continue the path, keep the basics in mind.Jack LaLanne, the legendary fitness guru, was...
  • ConfidenceSeeker

Hi All! I'm new to the site, but am very excited to hear any advice I can get! I am 24 years old. Five foot nine and 160 pounds. Now I realize that I am in the "average" BMI scale, but sometimes I don't feel so "average". I often find that the second I step into a room, I find myself in constant comparison with everyone around me. My main goal is to reach a point where I feel CONFIDENT with...
  • lorrieonline

Weekly Weigh-In ♦ April 16-22 ♦ Imagine Success!

This morning, one of our weight loss friends posted the challenge of just doing it.  The goal is to exercise first thing in the morning. As I reflect on this, we've probably all heard the same and that's to set yourself up for success.  Get those exercise clothes ready the night before.  Imagine your success ahead of time.  Allow yourself to dream of exercising first thing, to feel the...
  • vsavior

A second try

I just joined this site for help with weight loss and other reasons.  I started out at about 300 lbs and last year had lost 60 of it.  I have since gained it back and now wish to give it another go and try to keep it off this time.  All I really do is workout a couple of days a week and limit my calorie intake.  Is there anything else I should do or watch as I plan my diet?  Any advice would...
  • steelsully

losing it

Hey i have an idea,could we get some people together and well share our weekly weigh ins on friday that way i can be held accountable if not i always say ill start next week but next week never seems to come.And we could share tips or what worked for you that week.They say men can lose weight easier i say bullshit it doesnt work with me,      Sully
  • DebbieW

New and Excited About Getting in Shape

Hi All, I'm new and excited about this support group and getting in shape for the summer! It's a lot harder for me to lose weight in my mid-50s than when I was younger. Decided to try some new supplements today and will see what the outcome is. I have an issue with eating at night while watching tv. I just like to have something to snack on! I also like afternoon snacks, especially chocolate....
  • BellaVida175

Newbie - Looking for a friend and support

Hi everyone!I just joined the site because I am in desperate need of help. My best friend and I have split ways after many years and I'm feeling so lost, but I know I need to get ahead of my goals. I have several health conditions that make losing weight more difficult, but I know it's not impossible. I guess I'm just looking for someone to help support me and share this journey with me, so I...
  • JRK

Compulsive eating

that's what I think it is.  Or something just like that.  I know I need to stop but I keep eating and eating I want to look good and feel goodbut there's too much information on what to do and not to.its so overwhelming I want to fix it but I need to change mind set and have the right people and support around mewhat do you think?
  • Nancy62

50's aren't so fab

My first post. Overweight, arthritis and severe GERD.  God, I need help.  I'm in Canada...anyone else?
  • KBeard24

Diet & Exercise Maintenance

Hi All - I just joined this group today and am excited to be a part of the community. Over the last few years, I've lost 60 pounds and am currently at a healthy weight. However, I'm hoping to slim down in preparation for my wedding and, of course, the upcoming summer. I've recently begun kickboxing, but only attend classes 1-2 times a week (membership is pricey!). I'm looking forward to...
  • ruthgrps

Going back around the mountain again!

I weighed this morning, and I have put weight back on 9stone 12 pounds, I've put 5  pounds, really depressed about it.  It seems I cant  take my eye of the ball at anytime, I did eat a bit of chocolate, marshmallows, and crumpets yesterday.  Today my heart is complaining, as are my nerves.  I really need support which is what I am looking for on this site.  Anyone interested in being my...
  • harcan

Exercise

I keep telling myself every morning I'm going to get up and jog for 30-45 mins. And every time I wake up I just stall and then eventually don't do it. Wtf!!!!
  • Lupin1

What weight are you aiming for?

In the short term I am aiming for the top end of my BMI, which is 5lbs off. I was over 19 stone so for a long time just wanted to not be obese. Now I am wondering when to stop dieting. I am thinking maybe 9 and a half stone would be a good weight. I used to be just over 8stone but that was so thin. How do you decide when to stop losing weight?
  • ruthgrps

Looking for a diet buddy!

Anyone interested in being my diet buddy, I have been trying to loose the same 151 pounds for ages now, wondered if anyone would be interested in keeping in touch on a daily basis to give support etc.
  • Goldielocks5

Bike riding for weight loss

I struggled for years to lose weight and keep it off.  Later I learned it was the insulin resistance causing this.  Last year I cut the carbs and pretty much went paleo and lost 30lbs.  But man I was tired ALL the time, so I started having some carbs again and gained 15 lbs back.  Again yo-yo effect.  But I have some energy now and have maintained my weight.  I used to ride about 10-12...