Diets & Weight Maintenance Support Group

Chat about how well your latest diet is -- or is not -- working. This group is a great place to find support and accountability as well as share success stories and valuable lessons with the community. From where to start to weekly weigh-ins, get help from others to reach your dieting and weight maintenance goals.

0 Online
  • SunnySunshine84

I'm new here...

Hello! I just wanted to give a quick hello, as I am new to the group.  I am 5'0" tall and currently weighing in at about 130.  It's not a lot of extra weight, but this is officially the heaviest I have ever been.  I have always struggled a bit with my weight going up and down, but I have usually kept myself under 120.  Ideally, I would be around 110.  I am short and I have a very small...
  • Hi everyone,I just joined DailyStrength in hopes of finding support and help with my weight loss goals. Since starting college (will not be a senior) I have gained around 60 pounds. I am absolutely disgusted with myself. I got married in February, and although it was the happiest day of my life thus far, I can barely stand to look at the pictures. I want to develop a healthy relationship with...
  • realme

Stuck

i feel so stuck in a body I can't even recognize - I went through  a horrible break up - i have always been on the big made side - it was a slap on my face when my 10 year - so called love of my life cheated on me with a really hot , pretty girl - as I'm trying to move on for about an year now I have become the biggest I have ever been -  after the break up all I did was eat comfort food and...
  • LiliannB

September 2016 Daily Weigh Ins :)

I had read that people loose better when weighing in daily. I need to check each morning, to make changes on food choices. Do not have the patience for a weekly ...Sw...4529-15- 4489-16 - 450
  • Specific and measurable goals help us so much more than vague generalities.  Here's an article that talks aboutgoal setting tips for success.As always, these FOUR S's of Weighing Yourself are key:►Same TIME of day, on the►Same DAY each week, wearing the►Same CLOTHING, and using the►Same SCALE Measure yourself - Sometimes your scale wont budge but your waistline will.The smart way to...
  • OK, I'm not doing good at being here.  I normally go to the gym, weigh myself, log it in my book, exercise, etc.But I had surgery and am not really ready to go back to the gym yet.  But i did get a smart phone, and am looking for apps to help me manage my weight.I found a weight tracker on my phone already, but my scales are at the whims of people here who adjust the zero setting for various...
  • Six (6) Healthy Eating Tips When For Quicker Meals.  If you just don't have time,below may be the article for which you've been waiting.As always, these FOUR S's of Weighing Yourself are key:►Same TIME of day, on the►Same DAY each week, wearing the►Same CLOTHING, and using the►Same SCALE Measure yourself - Sometimes your scale wont budge but your waistline will.Here's this week's...
  • I have been doing okay with the exercise. I am up to two times a day walking. I have been eating okay, but need to do better. Happy that my chest pains have stopped, but I still have some bad headaches still. I am still at 12 pounds lost. I have not lost anymore in the past week. How is everyone else doing?
  • LiliannB

Add Spice to your life...Ginger

10 Ginger facts...I started using ginger on my protein and it keep my tummy full. It's awesome!!!1. Nausea relief2. Digestion support3.heals ulcers4. Boosts immunity5. Improve diabetes6. Anti fungal7. Reduces pain8. Fights cancer9. Weight loss10. Anti inflammatory
  • BriannaPeck

Looking for Tips!

Hi all, I'm new here, but I am really interested in hearing some dieting tips that you all use stay healthy when you're busy.  I am not necessarily looking to lose weight, but I just want to be healthier all around.  I am a junior in college and I am EXTREMELY busy between work, school, volunteering, and actively participating in my sorority.  I buy healthy foods, and I try to stay active but...
  • LiliannB

Tape measure Progress!!!! :)

Okay.... my before waist was 69 of this year, with on and off low carb...Now just measured, lost 3 inches off my waist!!!   66  ...Maybe I should focus on this more than the scale.Thanks to AF of the reminder!! 
  • LiliannB

September 2016 Carb Counting log

Hi dear net friends....I will post daily here on end of the day carb total. Anyone can join me. I am convinced carbs is hinder my efforts.  Am keeping carbs at 40-50 range.This morning sugar readings....141.  Will check before dinner.
  • Foods that are good for us should taste good too.  This week's article has tips for "good eats!"As always, these FOUR S's of Weighing Yourself are key:►Same TIME of day, on the►Same DAY each week, wearing the►Same CLOTHING, and using the►Same SCALE Measure yourself - Sometimes your scale wont budge but your waistline will. Here's this week's article:When someone complains to me that...
  • faye1234

question

Hi eveyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I have been walking between a mile and a half and three miles a day now. I am eating under my 2000 calorie goal each day, but I have been having some pretty bad chest pains and last night and today I have been having a pretty bad headache. Not sure why, but it is hard to be on my computer. With my head hurting so much. Anyone else have headache and chest...
  • Jrodsway

Lost 70lbs.....got another 170lbs to go

I'm new here....just looking to connect with people that are journeying through the same stuff I am!  What are you thankful for today? JrodWww.facebook.com/jrodslife