Diets & Weight Maintenance Support Group

Chat about how well your latest diet is -- or is not -- working. This group is a great place to find support and accountability as well as share success stories and valuable lessons with the community. From where to start to weekly weigh-ins, get help from others to reach your dieting and weight maintenance goals.

1 Online
1 Online
  • culda

Having a meltdown

I don't know how to handle all this crap. Grieving (lost my only daughter 3/17) job (most of my co-workers have a shit attitude, so no matter how I start the day I am ready to quit by noon; also having worked since I was 14 I am ready but not able to retire) carb cravings that just will not quit, and other than the grief all of my friends are in the same boat so nobody has the energy to help...
  • janettefk

Had a bad weekend

Hi there. I had my first real binge since starting to diet 3 months ago. Not sure why but I just had to have a Pizza Hut smore's cookie. I ate half of it and now feel ill. I know that it doesn't have to define my success but I always get down on myself when I "fail." just wanted to see if anyone else gets this way.
  • Longdistanceluv

Hello

Hello everyone. I'm new to the group.
  • kellycorbin

binge eating

Hello guys,I found this sight online and have decided to give it a try. I am 36 years old and have been struggling with my weight now for about 2 years. I finally have come to relize that I have always had a eating disorder just was able to stop when I gained about 15 pounds over my ideal weight and got back on track. I realize now this was a terrrible cycle I had been on for years, yet it never...
  • Sherroll

New DS

I'm having trouble learning how to use this newfangled site. I can't figure out how to change my profile "how I feel" statement or write new journal entries, among other things. This is very frustrating. Maybe they need to create a new support group for this. :-(
  • It helps to see if we're on the right track with our goals for a healthier lifestyle. This week's article is very detailed with lots of helpful suggestions and is lengthy so you'll find the summary posted here and then a link to the full length Dr. Mercola article. 5 Must Haves For Designing Your Healthy LifestyleRemember to keep those FOUR S's of Weighing Yourself in mind:►Same TIME of day,...
  • Sherroll

Emotional pain

How in the world do you do anything here anymore for support?! I'm totally lost!!!!!! I hope someone gets this and I hope more than that I can figure out how to respond and feel supported.
  • This week feels like a "just do it" sort of one. Whether it's walking or picking up the weights, just integrating a habit we can go for on a regular basis. Even if we make time for 5, 10, 15 minutes or more. Either adding something you love, something that works, or just sticking to something and maybe it's just motivation help thats needed, sometimes we just need a fresh approach or something...
  • jobseekem

Workout mood down

I used to love working out, 6 days a week. Now i find it hard to even get 1 day worth of workout. i do not know if its age, i am now in my early 30's and when i look at individuals in there 40's and even 50's working out i have to wonder whats up with me. I personally dont believe in supplements so i am bit confused.
  • Hayleeb00

I feel ugly.

I am a 13 year old girl. I weigh over 120 pounds. You can clearly see it. I hate stretch marks on my thighs and a pretty big stomach. I walk around sucking it in. i try dieting but it doesnt work. i dont know what to do anymore. I feel hideous when I see myself in the mirror
  • 5 Must Haves for Designing Your Healthy Lifestyle Written by Mark Hyman, MDI tell people to change their diet and exercise, to take certain supplements and meds, and I know you won’t be shocked to hear this: they don’t always listen. Most people have the best intentions, but aren’t always the best at connecting with WHY they want...
  • Ever feel bored trying to stick to the same old foods because we are already familiar with a particular diet style? It's not only okay to switch up what we're eating, but also recommended that we keep things changing.As always, these FOUR S's of Weighing Yourself are key:Same TIME of day, on theSame DAY each week, wearing theSame CLOTHING, and using theSame SCALEMeasure yourself - Sometimes your...
  • help! i am really struggling with exercise. this past week, i exercised with a trainer in the gym 3x. it was a mixed of 10 minutes interval running and 50 minutes strength traning.it was tough and painful. I was huffing and puffing all the time. I am 95 kilos and i have to lose like 90 lbs for 1-2 years. before the exercise, i am always tryingt to " condition" my mind. I was reading a christian...
  • I AM SO CONFUSED IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY. OTHERS ARE SAYING THE SAME THING!!!I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF DIETS & WEIGHT MAINTENANCE GROUP AND LIKE IT. DON'T ALWAYS POSTBUT IN THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF, I HAVE LOST 40 LBS. IF ANYBODY SEES THIS, GOOD LUCK IN TRYING TO REACH ME. I CAN'T FIGURE ANYTHING OUT.LIVINGWATER
  • It's so easy to slip into the "same 'ol" routine at times. We've probably all seen those articles that mention it only takes 21 days to form a new habit. This week's article focuses on steps to break the old habits. As always, these FOUR S's of Weighing Yourself are key:Same TIME of day, on theSame DAY each week, wearing theSame CLOTHING, and using theSame SCALEMeasure yourself - Sometimes your...