Schizophrenia Support Group

Schizophrenia is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by impairments in the perception of reality and by significant social dysfunction. Untreated schizophrenia is typically characterized by demonstrating disorganized thinking and experiencing delusions or auditory hallucinations.

1 Online
  • MC7shots

Cotard delusion

Ive been have alot of trouble with reality. That being I don't know if what I'm living is real or not. At some point within the past year I convinced myself ive died and everything around me is either a projection of my mind letting me play the rest of my life out or I'm in a sort of middle ground between afterlife and life playing my life out untill a greater power decides where I should be put...
  • Cdt73

I hate it so much these voices in my head that tell me I'm worthless then seeing things move in the corner of my eyes is my mind playing tricks or is it something worse
  • Yerushalim

Hell's great agony

I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, from my understanding it's like schizophrenia and a mood disorder like bipolar and depression. It's basically that I can't be diagnosed as a schizophrenic or depressed/bipolar, it sucks. I'm switching up Doctors and it's been hard because my parents refuse to talk to me about the disorder. They always brush it off like I haven't been diagnosed yet...
  • rebe1191

Don't know what to do

I don't know if i have schizophrenia or not but last Friday I started having these thoughts in my head that kept on saying to kill myself or that I have to kill myself or that they are gonna drag my soul to hell and I hate it. The only time I get relief is sleeping. I am so scared of everything and I feel like I am going crazy. I feel like I have to kill myself in order for these thoughts to stop...
  • I recently learned my health insurance, which is Medicare through SSDI, is forcing me to lower my antipsychotic, Saphris, from three tablets nightly to two tablets nightly because that is all they will pay for.I can't afford to pay the extra to stay on my normal dose. It would be in the hundreds.I decided I would rather stay on the Saphris even at a lower dose then switch to a different...
  • lostmarbles

new name

former braincandy now lostmarbles.I can barely type this as my mind is whirling. I am going inpatient tomorrow. I need rest from the world and am not fighting it.
  • marior

really hurting right now

I am diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia.Right now I am homeless on the street.  It is very bad.  I am fighting trying to work and make more money so that I can have a place to sleep.  i really need to start doing better for myself so that I do not go crazy completely.  people have been stealing my stuff, they stole my back pack with all of my papers in it and clothes.I really need some...
  • BRITLUVER20021

My doctor changed my perscription from seroquil to abilify. The voices are loud and talking more to me. I also have hullincations which scare the crap outta me. 
  • Shyislands

No more voices

I'm not schizophrenic but I hear voices caused by depression, telling me things such as I'm not worth it, not good enough,I cause bad things to happen to other people. Lately I have not been depressed so I don't hear voices. It's invalidating to not hear voices over depressed. I haven't heard voices in about a week and the last time I heard them it was just for a few minutes. I'm on Thorazine,...
  • ellynskye

meds causing dysphagia

Help?its been going on for maybe 2 years now....but swallowing is really gettin hard at points. Cant get off meds and cant switch docs to get off meds. Thy wont let me do that since ive gotten out of psych ward. Seriously bad.Sum1 help pls?
  • she yells at me if she sees me looking at pictures of the guy i like on my computer. it is cuz i used to sometimes talk to him (in my head) or something?he's always been a benevolent voice though.why is she doing this?i try to keep my private life private. but my mom keeps being mean to me over me just doing stuff i can i live like this?she's so controlling.
  • sunnybrunette

5 months off meds

And my joints are not stiff (am belly dancing and practicing pilates), have lost four pounds, I feel passionate and like moving back to the city, and I no longer want to be an occupational therapist-am rethinking grad school.However, todayI heard my imaginary acquaintancesin the background encouraging me to go forward with my plans to interview a humanistic/existentialist psychologist. I was...
  • ellynskye

Celebrity Schizophrenia???

I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia...i'm on medication and no longer hurt myself, just so we have got that covered. i used to hear mean normal people voices but when that stopped after the medication, i stopped hurting myself. the only thing that confuses me is, now i still hallucinate one person...and it's someone i like....scarecrow from batman...he tells me he likes me, and then he...
  • mjones0608

The voices in my head keep telling me i'm worthless and boring. Whenever I tell my parents about the voices they just tell me it's the devil trying to influence me. They tell me to tell him to go away. I do believe in God and Jesus, but I don't really think it's the devil in my head. I don't know what to think. But I do pray about the voices and fears/delusions, but sometimes I feel as if I am...
  • BRITLUVER20021

Hearing voices

I hate hearing voices, they are getting more and more frequent even though my dr upped my medicine. Its always a male voice and it always says either hello, or hi. That is it.