Schizophrenia Support Group

Schizophrenia is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by impairments in the perception of reality and by significant social dysfunction. Untreated schizophrenia is typically characterized by demonstrating disorganized thinking and experiencing delusions or auditory hallucinations.

0 Online
  • sunnybrunette

4 weeks of Geodon and No improvement

My psychiatrist appointment is next Friday...I pray that the disturbed spirits who torment me will disconnect from my mind.  I pray for peace of mind. 
  • sunnybrunette

Singing Class

Am taking a beginning singing class.  am hoping to drown out the voices!! with good cheer.
  • Space_chaos

diagnosed with schizophrenia

So some horrible stuff have happened last month which led to my parents taking me to the phsychiatrist. After a long discussion she said I am diagnosed with schizophrenia although i don't hear voices in my head nor do i hallcinate . I mean ofcourse i speak to myself in my head and stuff but not to an extent where they can be heard in some way but i do have many other symptoms like disconnected...
  • sunnybrunette

Week 2 on Geodon

and no changes.  I see my psychiatrist in two weeks.  When will this medicine kick in?  Am on the lowest dosage 40 mg/day...
  • deawags

REALLY need help with my mom!

Hello all! Looking for any bit of advice or clue of what to do next. My mother is a paranoid schizophrenic, she has been her entire life. She is young, currently 56. Last February she was admitted inpatient for acute psychosis and kept for about 1 week. She returned home (she lives alone). Last Wednesday I found her in the parking lot of my work, hallucinating and delusional. She believed her...
  • Faylin

Aggressive shadows

The voices keep telling me that the figures and shadows are going to attacks me and that the only way to fend them of is blood so I want to cut to keep them away and see if it works because they are being really aggressive with me, it'll be a couple days before I can see my psychiatrist and get my meds cause my ma doesn't have the money right now, what do I do?
  • sunnybrunette

Goodbye to Saphris. Hello to Geodon

Saphris did little for my hallucinations, however the side-effects were nil.  Now after seven months on Saphris am being switched to Geodon.  I start tonight.  Am afraid about the side effects.  Does anyone have any experience with Geodon?  Thiothixene my anti-psychotic before this slowed down my metabolism and made me overweight. However, I did not have hallucinations!  I want the...
  • Susieq

Blogging

Hello,  Does anyone know of a good blog site?  I would like to blog about my mental illness and maybe let others know they are not alone.  Do they have ones geared toward individuals with mental illness? Thank you, hope you all had a nice weekend 
  • dysfunctionallyfunctional

I'm the newby!

Greetings all,I am new to the group and had a question or two to ask regarding having schizophrenia and dating.  I have schizoaffective disorder/bipolar type and am curious to know if anyone else out there struggles to stay in reality when in a relationship.  

Experiencing loud threatening voices

I started taking abilify last week and as soon as I started i started hearing voices constantly always threatening me and making me have panic attacks. I stopped taking it, but i still hear these voices in my head. What should I do? I was denied treatment.
  • SchizoaffectiveDisorder1456

I don't understand my parents!

I'm 20 by the way and they still have so much power over me even though I'm an adult now! But I'm sick of them not believeing me when I say things! I want them to help me save me or whatever or someone to help me! the voices said to me I'm cursed so I'm considered to be the furnace fire child forever and that's exactly it the voices keep repeating this also I am constantly being watched and...
  • MC7shots

Cotard delusion

Ive been have alot of trouble with reality. That being I don't know if what I'm living is real or not. At some point within the past year I convinced myself ive died and everything around me is either a projection of my mind letting me play the rest of my life out or I'm in a sort of middle ground between afterlife and life playing my life out untill a greater power decides where I should be put...
  • sunnybrunette

undermedicated

Am on 15 mg Saphris and still hallucinating.  Am seeing my psychiatrist next week.  She has never prescribed Saphris before.  I am not sure if 20 mg is going to do it.  zmy energy level has been normal relative to Navane (i was sedated all day long, but it worked)...Have been connecting to my daughter spiritually.  We color together.  Other spirits coming through are both good and bad....
  • Cdt73

Help

I hate it so much these voices in my head that tell me I'm worthless then seeing things move in the corner of my eyes is my mind playing tricks or is it something worse
  • Yerushalim

Hell's great agony

I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder, from my understanding it's like schizophrenia and a mood disorder like bipolar and depression. It's basically that I can't be diagnosed as a schizophrenic or depressed/bipolar, it sucks. I'm switching up Doctors and it's been hard because my parents refuse to talk to me about the disorder. They always brush it off like I haven't been diagnosed yet...