Parents of estranged adult children Community Group

One or more of our adult children walked out of our lives and never looked back.

0 Online
  • lenalenochka

Heart broken

My son was always a perfect child in any possible way. Loving , intelligent, hard working and family oriented few to mention. For a great education. Was introduced to a girl, started dating . Six months of dating informed us that he is getting married. We were asking him multiple times during this 6 months that we want to met girl. Finally day come and we met her. She looked like a good person ,...
  • BelievingMom2011

It will get better

Hello - Our son was a great kid.  He never gave us any trouble.  We were very close, especially he and his Dad.  He went to college, graduated, got a great job and then he met a girl at his job.  That's when everything changed and he became someone that we (my husband, daughter and I) didn't know.  We were at odds about stupid things.  He wrote my husband and I a hateful letter . . . not...
  • motherinpainga85

Don't know what to do

My story is honestly too long. I'm a mother of two boys. I got pregnant at an early age and raised them, they are both married with very successful lives now and blame me for divorcing their dad 8 years ago. Their dad was horrible, he not once attended a school function. He was on drugs. I have not talked to either of my children in 2 years. I gave up after being cussed out and threatened. My...
  • Una70

Heartbroken for my daughter

I have a 26 year old daughter who hasn't spoken to me for nearly a year, she's getting married tomorrow and I'm heartbroken that I won't be there to see my only daughter married. I also have 2 sons who are refusing to attend the wedding because of the situation between my daughter and I. It all began when my 25 year relationship with my sons father broke up, he was not the biological father of my...
  • Cal2Caro

Angry adult children

Today is my birthday and I am feeling emotionally drained. My 2 oldest didn't even have the decency to text, send a card or call. I have been at odds with my oldest daughter since I left my ex 5 years ago. I took up with a old boyfriend, moved 3,000 miles to live near my oldest son and grandkids. My bf and son didn't get along, so bf left twice. Ever since then my relationship with my son has...
  • goldye

Need Advice for Family Court

New Here.  Anybody have situation where grandparent overstepped their boundary and took control of your child or children?  Our children are estranged because of grandparents interference - not because they chose to be estranged.  They have been brainwashed by my mother.  Briefly, our children have been told that we are unfit parents and everything else and to hate us.  My husband & I are...
  • stems310

New "MOM"

It's been 9 years since my son has spoken to me. He was 12 when his father and I divorced. It was a very difficult divorce. He was brainwashed by his father to believe I was a horrible person. Mother's Day is difficult. It has been for many years. The last 2 years his dad has a new woman in his life and today as I was cyber stalking I saw pictures of them and his beautiful terms of endearment for...
  • Mumstheword

How Did We Get Here...

My daughter just had her baby. I've been able to find out she and baby are well through online posts provided by others. How does one cope with this? It's my first grandchild. My daughter has had many challenges for many years. I love her so. Her siblings love her so. Yet we were cut out a few months after she became pregnant with boyfriend she had moved in with. His family became her new family....
  • lost-mom07

Not sure how to cope

Like most of you, I have a child that has cut me out of her life. Not just me, she has cut all of her family. She and I were always very close and I was very involved with her and all of her activities all her school and college years. She is 24 years old. We were even there when her husband proposed to her. She will be married  2 years in July. I was not allowed to be any part of planning her...
  • Una70

Heartbroken for my daughter

I have a 26 year old daughter who hasn't spoken to me for nearly a year, she's getting married tomorrow and I'm heartbroken that I won't be there to see my only daughter married. I also have 2 sons who are refusing to attend the wedding because of the situation between my daughter and I. It all began when my 25 year relationship with my sons father broke up, he was not the biological father of my...
  • I'm a 46 year-old married man from Spain who only 8 years ago (2009) found out that I had a 13 year-old daughter in the US. When the mother got pregnant her main interest was to secure as much as possible her financial situation and decided to lie to me and tell me she had lost the baby, to have another -wealthier- man take care of her and the child. Kaylyn, my daughter, was told since she...
  • mustang1

Gave her my all....and it was not enough

I think we did too much...gave too much... surrounded our worlds around them. I believe my daughter 34, just decided to have new parents, her in-laws, and just decided to cut me out. Her husband is uneducated, my daughter has a masters degree. I have a PhD. I think I intimidate him so he decided to just not like me and has criticized me from day 1. Once, we all played Scrabble and he was losing,...
  • lisanohio

Round 2 of estrangement...Heartbroke!

Like many of you, I did my best raising my daughter.  Then she met a guy and they moved in with one another.  Later, they needed a place to live and I allowed them to live with me.  The agreement between us was that the two of them would help with the lawn, shoveling snow, and would clean up after themselves.  Fair, right?  In hindsight, I see that my daughter doesn't have relationships, she...
  • tresss

Daughter won't talk or let me see my granddaughter

hi I need some support so I hope someone is here to help me. Its been 4 months and my daughter doesn't talk to me or the family anymore nor will she let me see my granddaughters . I need someone to talk to I feel so alone  tresss
  • Victoryrose44

I've lost my Son and all hope

I raised my son as a single mother and I admit to a lot of problems while I was raising him. I was very unhappy as a result of damage that a Doctor had done to me. I regret the life and insecurities that my Son had to deal with growing up, but I've always loved him. I have not seen my son in 13 years. I have never seen my Grandchildren. I had some legal problems when he was growing up due to my...