Parents of estranged adult children Community Group

One or more of our adult children walked out of our lives and never looked back.

0 Online
  • tesstee2

Anyone ever in this group?.....Where do i need to go to talk to someone about this issue? support!!
  • Koukla

I am so heart broken.  I raised my 2 children & protected them.  I kept from them why their dad left them 3 times.  I remarried a wonderful caring Man that he still thinks  the world of my kids.  2 years ago, my son met a girl.  She was sweet at the time until she got a ring on her finger.  I was "Momma Mary" until she got the ring.  Then things went SOUTH!  A month before my sons...
  • Srobb

What happened to this group?

Forgive me as I was a long time reader of the posts from this group.  I haven't logged in for a few weeks and the site has changed!  Are the same people here?  I actually had to join to get in and I don't see familiar names.  Is there a trick to this that you can share? 
  • Janelle66

My estrangement

Hi, It's been several years since I've been to this group. At the time I was new into one of my AC fresh estrangement in my life. I have 2 EAC now. When I joined Daily Strength at that time, they or some of their friends were following me and all I said in here. I received an e-mail quoting things I had said specifically in here. It was a very nasty and degrading e-mail, to say the least. I was...
  • dkc15

Lost time

I am the mother of 4 children, three daughters and one son. My story is a tough one, at least for me. I need to know what is the best thing to do. My ex-husband walked out on me six years ago and filed for divorce after 25 years of marriage. We had on going problems through the marriage due to his bouts with depression and controlling nature. He was a verbally and emotionally abusive man,...
  • I took a PTO day off work today to meet with my therapist, Josh Coleman who specializes in parent adult child estrangement. When I arrived early 35 miles from my home, I stopped at a coffee shop to pass the time until my 11am appointment. As I sat in the waiting room, I had every intention of not crying. I had dressed, put on my makeup, I had it down. What I wanted to say, how we were going to...
  • seeingthebrightside

Hi, I am new to this site. I am a 61 year young woman who has been estranged from my adult daughter for 4 years +. I don't even know why or how the estrangement occurred, but it was exasperated by the death of my mother two years ago. The loss of my mother was huge! It was like losing a limb. The first time I saw my 32 year old daughter was at my mom's burial. After the first 2 years of...
  • sweetpea27

I have always had a bumpy relationship with my daughter ever day sence the day of her teen birthdays. She was the most wonderful baby and I loved every min. of it. When dhe became a teen, she became boy crazy like most teens. I have tried to put het in all dance or gymnastics , cheerleading and sport whatever she wanted she got. I know this now that that was not the thing to do. My husband and I...
  • deleted_user

Children betrayal.

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. There are 5 children between us. 3 from my previous marriage and 2 from his. My step daughhter's bio mother is a convicted felon and drug addict. My ex husband abandoned my 2 oldest when they where young. My oldest son dropped out of college and moved back with the blended family and tried to run the household and smoked pot. We asked him to...