Neuropathy Community Group

WELCOME to the Neuropathy group... For all those who have all types of Nerve Damage and PAIN! A GREAT PAIN resource area! Over 100 photos and 25 research topics on specific pain issues.

0 Online
  • Candle001111

Neuropathy

I am not a diabetic but I can't do much because of neuropathy. I haven't worked in over a year and I can't walk for more than going grocery shopping and showering.  I've been going to a pain management Dr.  I meet back with actual Dr. Tomorrow not NP.  I am so miserable I am 45. I do not have diabetes but I feel like I need to be in a wheelchair to get out.  I stay home in bed mostly meds...
  • Punk

Neuropathy Help Mass General

DefinitionPainful neuropathy affects many millions of Americans with diabetes each year. The neuropathy is caused by changes within the nerves due to swelling and biochemical changes which lead to loss of insulation within the nerve, diminished blood supply and eventually to the death of nerve fibers and the creation of scar tissue. This process is not currently reversible. Diabetic nerves are...
  • millionminions

When does this stop?

hello i have been struggling wiht this new neuropothy for over a year and need to know if and when does the shooting pain (like someone stabbing you with a knife) end and the numbness take over ? 
  • jonbonvovi

Hello everyone, I was just diagnosed with neuropathy. It was the weirdest most uncommon thing that started with vulvodynia. I was having excruciating pelvic pain to the point where I was advised to go to the ER twice. It was like if (I am a female) a male were to have an erection that wouldn't go away plus a persistent urge to urinate while someone is pressing on your bladder plus if someone were...
  • deleted_user

Going into a wheelchair due to neuropathy

Hi Everyone,You might have read my other reply to a post, but I have neuropathy throughout my entire body, including the brain, and autonomic region. The pain is so horrible that I can only walk about 50 feet on soft carpet and 20 feet on a hard surface. Standing hurts too. I cannot use a walker anymore or a cane as my hands hurt too much. Is there anyone out there who is in the same...
  • Punk

Neuropathy Pain

Hello to all that come here i have been tried on most medications with know luck the one item that my neuroligist recomended is b1 thiamine i have been taking this for 7 years it helps a little it has done well for some and little to none for others i wish the best of luck to all.
  • Punk

Neuropathy Severe in my hands and feet

HI im a 50 year old male in Massachusetts i started getting pain in 2007 due to diabeties its now to the point were the pain is just a nightmare my feet and hands are always freezing the pain is like someone pushing a screwdriver straight through i can walk ok with comfy shoes but without it just hurts to much i also have a tendency to just fall i have tried a handful of meds including cymbalta...
  • Kathy1234

ummm,

i seem to have neuropathy in both legs, my right arm, and in part of my brain. I am legally blind too. Does anyone else have my problems? does anyone ever come here?
  • Kathy1234

truth

i want you ppl to know im legally blind too, That makes it even harder to make good friends. When other ppl find out that i have a couple problems, they are very mean to me and will no longer be friends with me. I need friends just like anyone else.
  • Kathy1234

Friends,

Im trying to find a good friend, but i cant find any that really care and try to understand the pain were in. I never have found anyone here but now there is another member .
  • Urlacher

Support from family

It's so hard dealing with pain especially when you don't get any support from the person who your supposed to be closest to. So hard when your trying to deal with pain and that person treats you worse than the pain. Having hard time understanding why. unless you are having a good Day you are treated like crap and they make you feel worthless.
  • Theeni

New

I'm new here, I've had neuropathy in my legs for the last 15 years that has also left them not only painful at night but you can poke them with a knife and I wouldn't feel it ..that's for my toes up above my knees. just in the past 3 months I started experiencing the same thing in my fingertips that is now gone a past my elbow and into my shoulders. I am seeing a neurologist who has done the...
  • Kathy1234

Neuropathy,

Im new here and i was wondering if anyone ever comes to chat. Ive never met anyone from here.
  • deleted_user

IBS and Neuropathy--any connection?

Hello! I have had IBS since 1983, but peripheral neuropathy started three months before even starting hiv meds, making my neuropathy hiv-induced and although hiv is well-controlled, the neuropathy is not getting better and have had more IBS flare-ups than ever and wondering if anyone else has this nexus? Both of these conditions are hard enough to control individually, let alone together. Thank...
  • Kathy1234

im relieved,

I was told yesteday that i have neuropathy in my head, both legs and my right arm and hand. Oh well. I guess i have to live with it. Im in chronic pain most of the time. It doesnt help matters that im legally blind. Two whammies together. I find that wearing a wrist hand support helps the pain in my arm. Any suggestions?