Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

1 Online
  • Hello, I am a 38 year old woman who has been struggling with fatigue and odd physical sensations- like burning and heat in my left thigh, and numbness and weakness in my right arm and leg. I also sometimes get a weird, uncomfortable ticking sensation in my mid-stomach.I am awaiting an MRI, but have heard that a MS diagnosis can sometimes take years. My bloodwork all looks great-i am very healthy...
  • RiS

Need opinions

I have PPMS and am scared. I know I should call my neuro but want to wait until after the holiday. I do exercise every day and besides having PT twice a week my boyfriend does stretches using my legs  every day (I sit in a wheelchair all day). I still feel like I'm getting worse-weeker. I don't feel as strong as I did. I do have an issue with getting a new power wheelchair which is higher and my...
  • I'm wondering if it's worth it to have the stuff after having so much trouble trying to get it set up.  The MRI of 11/8 indicated there is a new active lesion in the spinal cord and it's concerning enough but I'm still waiting to get the in-home treatment set up.  It's just so frustrating.  I've read that it's worthwhile to continue pursuing this but it makes me wonder if it really is. ...
  • dukelady38

Exercise programs

Our local hospital put in a fitness center nearby that has an 8 week physical fitness program for people with autoimmune disorders, MS, etc - they have other programs for like cancer and diabetes also, but it's also just like a really nice gym you can join even if you have no medical conditions. My question is, has anyone done any specific fitness programs like this they've found to be helpful?...
  • I want to remind everyone that when vit D levels are deficient your body cannot fight off an attack. I've had only two exacerbations and one silent one since RRMS diagnosis in 1996. All were when my vit D levels were deficient and when I ate lots of gluten. I even was in a wheelchair for 3 months the end of 96. For some reason my Neurologist was less concerned with vit d and diet than getting me...
  • carolinagirl123

Ears hurt

I've noticed my ears hurt  off and on, sometimes it's a full feeling like you get when you go to the mountains and need to pop your ears. Anybody else have this?
  • limboforever1

Need guidance

i've been in limbo for years. I thought I'd found a good neuro, but now I'm lost. After diagnosing me with transverse myelitis a couple years back, I noticed his attitude changed recently. A few weeks ago, I developed new symptoms, but when I contacted him, I got nothing. He even went on vacation leaving me scared and waiting! At my last appointment, he said something like he thought at one point...
  • sexysub56

Has anyone else ever experienced...

a sort of sinking while you are trying to walk?  It as if my legs no longer will hold me up.  Granted, I don't really walk normslly.  Need a wrrlchsw outsde of my apartment and ysually aalker in it.
  • blessed1

Help with pain and inflammation

A good friend of mine suffers with MS and has recently been using a high-potency ginger and turmeric capsule that has helped her tremendously with the pain and inflammation. She also drinks a ginger turmeric tea daily and is now off of most of her pain meds. She orders them from a site called ChooseWakaya.com. I hope this can help someone as I have seen the effects that MS has on individuals,...
  • curlykraut

Muscle weakness question

Hi I am not new to daily strength I usually post on the fibromyalgia board. I've been to my doctor about increasing symptoms today. I've had fibromyalgia for 8 years but it seems like things have gotten worse lately. One of my symptoms that is most bothersome is the weakness in my legs. I see people post about leg stiffness, butt I am having leg weakness. Can anyone tell me if they have this as...
  • GoWesternMI76

Mood Swings and MS

Hi all,I just joined and need advice. My husband has MS and his moods are up and down, to the point that he doesn't know "how he sounds." He can be in a terrible mood and 5 minutes later say he never remembers sounding grouchy. He doesn't know that he sounds cold and unloving. Any advice, please?Thank you in advance :)
  • RiS

Baclofen

I just had my 6 month checkup with my neuro and one of the things I mentioned to her was that even though I take 10mg of Baclofen 3 x's a day my left bad leg (not too bad) still has spasms. She said she will increased my dose from 10mg. to 20mg. but leaving my refill in 10 mg. tabllets and just take two 3 times a day. Well, took 2 three times a day the first day and it was bad! My leg still had...
  • MoMeNtS

AVONEX

hi everyone, am new to the Blog and on AVONEX for some time and still get like side effects (flu symptoms) anyone else on this treatment with some tips :) so far NO anew lesions with treatment :)
  • lorrieonline

The Wahls Protocol

My symptoms have been flaring up on me this week so I've picked up my book again on "The Wahls Protocol."  I had slacked off on taking my supplements as I normally take them and have been eating more things in the dairy category again.  This week has been a wake up call for me.  Is there anybody who would care to share again how they are doing with this protocol?  I'd love to hear how this...
  • raghav

Need help

I am suffering from extreme, fatigue and pain It started 6 month back with low fever I have ana positive (1:100) with vitamin d and b12 deficiency for which i am taking supplements I have gone through other test like ra, tsh, crp which all came normal as i have no visible inflammation or rashes Doctor reject for RA, lupus Only diagnosis i have given fibromylagia but i doubt sometimes it can be ms...