Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online
  • MSPoet

Training for first 5k

I am SO frustrated! I'm trying to train to do this 5k that's next week (I already know this may not have been enough time) but my left leg ( more affected by MS) keeps quitting on me. I have foot drop and it's worse when the leg is tired, which keeps happening at about 1 mile in...I don't know what to do...how am I supposed to be able to progress in fitness if this stupid leg gives out after ONE...
  • tarabunnyears

Shortness of breath, dizziness, passing out.

Does anyone else deal with extreme shortness of breath, dizziness, and passing out?I have had complete work up's to check everything out including my heart. I even had a heart cath. My neurologist says at this point we might have to look into  accepting that is part of my MS. I get short of breath bending over, taking a shower or a bath. I get short of breath doing almost anything. As far as...
  • bellacindy

Special needs 19 yrs rrms

how do I tell if avonex is going to help my special needs daughter. We are about to start.  My daughter has never been able to complain of a simple headache. A moderate intellectual disability and dyspraxia has kept her around 5-7 yrs.  she says no to all docs and shear panic now when someone new is on the scene.i wouldn't allow tabs, although an easy option, the pml scared me. She would never...
  • leelee

Am I on the right track?

First I want to say that I have no diagnosis yet, after 20 plus years still clueless. My New PCP since I moved to Texas was the first physician that said lets do an ANA test. I've done 3 in the past 4 months and they all came back positive. However recently my pattern changed from Speckled to Homogeneous. Well a little about my symptoms: headaches, lower back pain on the right, chest pain on the...
  • sexysub56

Has everyone heard that the talk about myelin?

Isn't it great they are talking myelin repair?  YAY!  YIPPY!  WOO-HOO!
  • Meeno

Tremors

I have diagnosed with ms in Dec 2016.Dr said that it is 5 or 6 year old and became very aggressive now.I'm having very bad tremors specially in my head ..its very embarrassing.currently I'm on primidone 150mg but no satisfactory result.can anyone please help me
  • My name is Jon Tsen, I'm a graduate student at Illinois Institute of Technology and am in Dr. Eun-jeong Lee's lab.  Our lab is currently running a study about living with MS and one's experience of discrimination in the workplace. We are looking for participants in the Chicagoland area.  Participants are eligible if he/she is (a) 18 years old or older, (b) employed part-time or full-time, and...
  • dcinadr

Burning Sensation

About a week ago my leg started feeling as if it was going numb. But now it just feels like its on fire. And my foot feels like its on fire. Anything cold that touches my leg makes it feel even worse. Does anyone get this? What do you do about it?
  • Roarrior

The pain

I was diagnosed with MS January 2015. Last year I began experiencing facial pain. Last month I was diagnosed with Trigeminal neuralgia.My neurologist prescribed tegratol and baclofen. It's not helping. Does anyone here also suffer with TN and have any suggestions?
  • deleted_user

coughing and MS

I was wondering if anyone with ms have a persistent cough and is this associated with ms. Thanks.
  • LT2013

Can't shovel snow

My neighbor yelled at me and my wife for not shoveling snow the other day at 9am.i can barely shovel if it's over 25 pounds I shake get dizzy and used to pass out. Also have pain. It interferes with me barely working this past year since I can't lift most things and just standing sometimes makes me dizzy and nauseous. What can I do call the cops and tell her to leave us alone? I can shovel if I...
  • Esjay

Hypertension

Does anyone else have high blood pressure ? Mine became noticeable after having a severe episode of oesophageal spasm , which ended up with me in A and E (ER ) with uncontrollable highpertension that took four hours to come down after taking two lots of drugs . I am  still having tests and I am aware that pain increases BP but mine is still raised . I find excercise not always easy but do try to...
  • ezone

Biotin - do you take it and does it help

My neurologist suggested that I start taking 300 mg. of biotin.  He says that there is research that says that it can help.  Haven't started taking it yet but am wondering if it helps anyone here.  Will probably order some over the holidays and start taking it in the new year.So many people I knew have left this site.  A lot of my hug history says "deleted user".  I have lost over half my...
  • My name is Samantha and I am a PhD candidate in clinical/rehabilitation psychology at the Illinois Institute of Technology. For my dissertation I am conducting a study investigating cognitive assistive technology use and psychosocial outcomes among people with MS. I am currently looking for participants to take my online survey.To participate in my anonymous 30-45 minute online survey, you must...
  • Audreyvh5

Participants Needed!!!!!

Hello,My name is Audrey Van Horn and I am currently a senior in the Health Sciences program at Dominican University of California in San Rafael, CA. I am required to carry out a research project in order to obtain my Bachelor’s degree in health sciences. I have chosen to compare depressive symptoms between those diagnosed with ALS, MS, and Parkinson’s Disease. I am in need of finding...