Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online
  • MiselfinMI

Tecfidera, I'm so itchy!!!

I started tecfidera three days ago. The first day the Flushing was so bad, my face was so red and scalp and ears felt like they were on fire. I have had more mild Flushing since. However this itchy feeling is driving me crazy. Anyone experience this, and how long did it take for side effects to mellow out? I'm worried about how I'm going to be on the full dose!!
  • lorrieonline

Exercise More Helpful than "MS Treatments?"

Sometimes I need a pick-me-up on the "exercise front."  As we all can testify, it's sort of a "damned if you do" and "damned if you don't" situation.  When we over-do-it, we get knocked out for a day (or more) and if we don't do it, we are just knocked out in general.  So, a routine is best, working up as we go.  That's my story and when working out, a stamina develops so long as we keep up...
  • mlr0853

side use of medication ms fatigue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil
  • lorrieonline

Short Written Piece

The Invisible PainSymptoms of pain unseen,perceived aloofness, uncaringPerhaps, manifested self-perception,inability to keep upUnable to sustain momentum,Pain hides in swallowed prideA lonely existence much of the time,No bandages for invisible wounds.(feeling a bit misunderstood this morning and guessing we all feel that way sometimes so thought I would share)         ...
  • Anne8

The joys of incontinence. . .:(

(Even though it seems noone, or very few, stop by the site nowadays. . .) I've been handling the challenges that MS has been throwing my way, or so I thought, until my most recent bouts of incontinence. I can't seem to get it under control lately. I'm on a relatively expensive drug for it (Mirabegron) which only helps to a point. (I can handle about 2 hours without peeing, but then a sudden...
  • stephisme

Diagnosis help

Hey Everyone, I am hoping that someone here might be able to help me with this. I am not currently diagnosed with MS, but have a rare immunodeficiency that puts me at high risk for autoimmune conditions. I am curently dxed with Lupus and RA. A few years ago a neurologist thought I had MS because of multiple symptoms, 2 positive evoked potentials, and eye issues. He was shocked when my MRI's came...
  • deleted_user

NEW Chat---MS Relationships

Did your relationship end after MS? What happened to for better or worse? Did you end the relationship?If your relationship with Spouse?BF/SO/Partner was changed or in process of changing join people who understand. Come to chat and just to listenMONDAY 5:30 pm EST1O:30 pm LONDONLink to chat http://www.chatzy.com/695145902965Post or send me a masseage if you would like a reminder sent to your...
  • Anne8

Have you heard about Ocrevus?!

It seems like they've finally found a treatment for progressive MS!!!!!!!! Anyone looking into it? (I have to wait another 6 months to see if the EU approves it.) http://www.nationalmssociety.org/About-the-Society/News/FDA-Approves-Ocrevus
  • harper

Can a person have MS and lupus at the same time

I have been seeing a neurologist for about five years. My family practice physician did test for lupus and wants me to see a rheumatologist. I do not want to get too many people stirring the pot so to speak. 
  • lorrieonline

Ability Aides? Accessories? (Sharing some humor)

“Mobility Accessories”Yes, I have “accessories;” the dreaded wheelchair and a modest selection of other MS helpers in my bag of tricks.  Sometimes laughter is what the doctor should be ordering to keep us from falling apart, isn't it?  Normally, inside my home, I am able to walk around relatively freely, without the use of one of my reliable accessories. However, if I should get...
  • dxat59

cost of meds iin other countries

How do we find the cost of meds (Injections) in other countries that have no members on DS? Any suggestions?Gentle hugs, Linda
  • tjquiver

MS HUG???

OK...so I was on here not too long ago, asking about Pleurisy, bc, since I've been Dx with it more than once...I was just SURE that is what I have this time...stabbing PAIN/pressure...feels the same! However, since my rheumy NEVER DID get back with me on my x-ray results...I picked up a copy myself...and it said that EVERYTHING was clear...including Pleural cavities! Well, then I "assumed"...
  • Meeno

Tremors

I have diagnosed with ms in Dec 2016.Dr said that it is 5 or 6 year old and became very aggressive now.I'm having very bad tremors specially in my head ..its very embarrassing.currently I'm on primidone 150mg but no satisfactory result.can anyone please help me
  • sexysub56

Has everyone heard that the talk about myelin?

Isn't it great they are talking myelin repair?  YAY!  YIPPY!  WOO-HOO!
  • sexysub56

Has anyone else experienced disbielief about MS?

For some odd reason, I have had several people refuse to believe I have MS, or if I have it that I'm being deceptive about how seriud it is aka "Barb, you don't really need your wheelchair.  Why don't you just walk?"  When I attempted to explain it to her, she refused to listen to me.  HOW CRAZY IS THAT?  IF I COULD I WOULD!