Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group

This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

0 Online
  • MoMeNtS

AVONEX

hi everyone, am new to the Blog and on AVONEX for some time and still get like side effects (flu symptoms) anyone else on this treatment with some tips :) so far NO anew lesions with treatment :)
  • Xeria

Cost of LDN

Hi allFor those taking LDN, can I ask how much you pay for it?  For example 3mg x90?
  • deleted_user

The vitamin Lecithin

Hi all! My father is really big into vitamins and supplements and has been bringing me stuff to try since I was diagnosed. I kind of blew him off at first but I've started taking Lecithin and I think it makes a HUGE difference in how I feel everyday. I didn't take it for a day or so and I could definitely tell!! I will keep taking it - that's for sure!Just thought I'd share that. If you want...
  • MSAngie76

Has anyone had HSCT for MS?

Hi, I have looked into HSCT for MS. Many on Facebook have had positive results. I went to Chicago for an evaluation to get accepted. I was denied with no reason given. So now I am trying to get it in Mexico. I am 41 with 3 kids. I have the responsibility of my 91 year old grandma with alzheimers. I am in pain constantly.  Using a cane right now in excruciating pain. My oldest boys 19 &21...are...
  • djbritt

WEBSITE WITH ANSWERS

I have came across a website with questions and answers on dealing with MS. I have found it to be helpful. I thought I would share it with everyone.https://www.mscando.org/online-resources/ask-the-can-do-team/question-answer?question=4682
  • dxat59

Hugs!

What's going on?  After doing well for so long, now I'm suddenly being bombarded by the hug MonSter!  A week ago, I fell asleep in a chair watching TV.  I suddenly woke up, unable to move.  It felt like my heart was trying to break out of my chest through the breast bone!  Yep, after several years, the hug was back.  Then, last night, I woke up again with a less intense version.  I take 2...
  • CourtneyMSWarrior2007

Rebif Supplies

Where can I go on a website or calling to get Rebif supplies? I live in Pennsylvania.
  • mlr0853

side use of medication ms fatigue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil
  • stephisme

Diagnosis help

Hey Everyone, I am hoping that someone here might be able to help me with this. I am not currently diagnosed with MS, but have a rare immunodeficiency that puts me at high risk for autoimmune conditions. I am curently dxed with Lupus and RA. A few years ago a neurologist thought I had MS because of multiple symptoms, 2 positive evoked potentials, and eye issues. He was shocked when my MRI's came...
  • djbritt

Miss everyone!

Since this change, I have noticed that the regular ones are not showing up. I do not know if they are better, busy, worse, or just do not like this new design. I have not written as often in my journal like I used to but I pop in and read and maybe write an entry. So where is everyone? Are you doing okay?
  • lorrieonline

Exercise More Helpful than "MS Treatments?"

Sometimes I need a pick-me-up on the "exercise front."  As we all can testify, it's sort of a "damned if you do" and "damned if you don't" situation.  When we over-do-it, we get knocked out for a day (or more) and if we don't do it, we are just knocked out in general.  So, a routine is best, working up as we go.  That's my story and when working out, a stamina develops so long as we keep up...
  • deleted_user

Student Loan Forgiveness

I read that depending on the illness that the government will forgive student loans. Has anyone attempted to have their student loans forgiven based on the RX diagnosis.
  • itsasugarrush

Daughter trying to support father with MS...advice

Good Evening,My name is Andrea and my father who is in his 60s was diagnosed with MS about 8 years ago. Besides problems with his gait and speech he seems to have a slow progressing form of MS. He is still ambulatory and gets around okay.  He has recently hit a downward spiral of using alcohol to self medicate and  is stating "it helps him with the pain."  I went to see him this evening and...
  • Anne8

Have you heard about Ocrevus?!

It seems like they've finally found a treatment for progressive MS!!!!!!!! Anyone looking into it? (I have to wait another 6 months to see if the EU approves it.) http://www.nationalmssociety.org/About-the-Society/News/FDA-Approves-Ocrevus
  • PharmDFighter

DS change?

Does anyone agree with me that ever since DS changed, it has become worse?  I first joined  DS more than 10 years ago and it seems that it's just gotten worse and worse everytime they changed things around...