Lesbian Relationship Challenges Support Group

This community is for those who are in a gay marriage, and the unique challenges that may be had in a same-sex relationship. Find support and talk to others in a same-sex marriage, and get advice from the experiences of other members.

0 Online
0 Online
  • My partner of two years brought up the other day the fact that she has never experienced sex with a man before. I jokingly gave her a "gold star" but the joke fell flat. She seems distracted by the fact that she hasn't had this experience. I told her the only thing that I could think of, which was that I support her in anything and everything because I love her. If she feels the need to have this...
  • Does anyone else here have problems making connections with other people and making lasting and deep friendships? Before I came out of the closet and had a very close group of friends. We were so close we were like family. When I came out many turned their back on me. Others just slowly disappeared from my life as I shifted my focus away from hanging out and making stupid choices. I began...
  • hopesmiles

feeling confused

i feel trapped. i am in a relationship for 1 and 1/2 year with a man. i feel like i am living with a friend. i am not attracted to him and we havent had sex in 10 months. he says he doesnt want sex. i am 36 hes 41. i divorced and every relationship was terrible. i have always found lesbian women attractive and i have always wondered what it would be like to be with a woman. my marriage was...
  • I will try to make this is brief as possible. I have been with the same woman for 18 years. The first 10 years were great, then things began to change and ultimately our relationship felt more like best friends than lovers. About 2 years I was introduced to someone through a mutual friend. We quickly became friends and over time it developed into an emotional affair. My wife saw some chat...
  • itzzsarah

Love is ..

I've been in a relationship now 2.5 years. When I met her, I had just been cheated on. I was with my ex five years. I know I should have given myself time to heal find out who I was, go back to school, and do everything I should've done when I was young. But I met her and her companionship was what I needed more than anything. A couple months later we moved in everything was great.. The problem...
  • I am a lesbian in a 2 year relationship with a woman I love...we are very different...but opposites do attract...I consider myself very intuitive...however I also am a natural over-thinker and a very creative thinker...in the beginning of our relationship my girlfriend was still communicating with an ex...I found out because. .I felt something in my gut that told me she was doing something...I...
  • sprice90

Lost love

My gf and I have been together for 3 years. I was the first for her as far as same sex relationships. When we got together she said she was always curious and immediately we clicked and fell for one another. Things progressed quickly and we moved to a new state together to pursue new careers. Fast forward to now. Last week she told me that she wasn't sure that she could see herself marrying a...
  • svrzmren

hiding in the shadows

been with my GF for 7yrs now im her very first GF when we started dating we fell madly in love with each other and the sex was great a lot of jealosy that i have never experienced before. never did anything wrong but to her eyes keeping my friends close was always a problem so i pushed everyone away. right before i met her my plan was moving out of state, i waited a couple more months because of...
  • I've been in a relationship with my GF for 7 years now, we've known each other for 9 years give or take. My question is has anyone stayed in a relationship, or are still in the relationship, knowing they would have to give up intimacy and sex? I go from being ok with it to totally being grief stricken and angry. The times between these two experiences is getting shorter and shorter. We've...
  • A few weeks ago my girlfriend met for lunch with a colleague to discuss a work opportunity. During the informal meeting her colleague came out to her as being a lesbian and spoke to her about her relationship troubles. A few days later this colleague invited my girlfriend to go rock climbing ( my girlfriend declined). She has been texting my girlfriend pretty much every day and updating her on...
  • So me and my wife have been together for 10 years. Married for almost a year we have a 4 year old son. The problem is that we are in a sexless marriage. She hates affection and being touched so we only do peck kisses when we leave to work and we get home from work. Occasionally she will flirt with me and playing around with me and I start thinking it might lead to something but I always get...
  • charlize111

It is over.

Why is it that relationships get bogged down in petty issues? Today, I just finished a long-term relationship. She had been saving up ingots of perceived affronts and suddenly unloaded them all to me. Some of these ingots have been saved in her little box, one set aside for everyone she knows, and one that, should she be in a funk, takes down and opens and pours out the ingots on the table in...
  • when i met my partner just over 5 years ago she made no secret she didnt do housework ,when she told me most of her relationships had broken up because of this i said to her that was shallow of her ex's and not a reason to break up with someone. but wow am i eating my words now. i didnt know the extent of this not doing housework was. she dont do a thing to help. cooks the occasional meal washed...
  • Csabre29

Need advice

Hi I just needed advice on how to tell my parents that I am a Lesbian .. I am in a serious relationship and I know I wanT to get married to her one day and of course I want my family there . But I don't know how to tell the I am a lesbian:( please help
  • infinitytimesher

Defining ME..

Hi. So, I am in a place within my life that makes absolutely zero sense, yet at the same time it feels familiar. I am in my early 30's, have a child and married to a man and settling for what life has to give me. However, I am in love with the most amazing woman I have ever met. Ah, the moment I saw her I instantly knew there was something about this woman I HAD to get to know. With this...