Lesbian Relationship Challenges Support Group

This community is for those who are in a gay marriage, and the unique challenges that may be had in a same-sex relationship. Find support and talk to others in a same-sex marriage, and get advice from the experiences of other members.

0 Online
0 Online
  • I will try to make this is brief as possible. I have been with the same woman for 18 years. The first 10 years were great, then things began to change and ultimately our relationship felt more like best friends than lovers. About 2 years I was introduced to someone through a mutual friend. We quickly became friends and over time it developed into an emotional affair. My wife saw some chat...
  • I've been in a relationship with my GF for 7 years now, we've known each other for 9 years give or take. My question is has anyone stayed in a relationship, or are still in the relationship, knowing they would have to give up intimacy and sex? I go from being ok with it to totally being grief stricken and angry. The times between these two experiences is getting shorter and shorter. We've...
  • A few weeks ago my girlfriend met for lunch with a colleague to discuss a work opportunity. During the informal meeting her colleague came out to her as being a lesbian and spoke to her about her relationship troubles. A few days later this colleague invited my girlfriend to go rock climbing ( my girlfriend declined). She has been texting my girlfriend pretty much every day and updating her on...
  • So me and my wife have been together for 10 years. Married for almost a year we have a 4 year old son. The problem is that we are in a sexless marriage. She hates affection and being touched so we only do peck kisses when we leave to work and we get home from work. Occasionally she will flirt with me and playing around with me and I start thinking it might lead to something but I always get...
  • charlize111

It is over.

Why is it that relationships get bogged down in petty issues? Today, I just finished a long-term relationship. She had been saving up ingots of perceived affronts and suddenly unloaded them all to me. Some of these ingots have been saved in her little box, one set aside for everyone she knows, and one that, should she be in a funk, takes down and opens and pours out the ingots on the table in...
  • when i met my partner just over 5 years ago she made no secret she didnt do housework ,when she told me most of her relationships had broken up because of this i said to her that was shallow of her ex's and not a reason to break up with someone. but wow am i eating my words now. i didnt know the extent of this not doing housework was. she dont do a thing to help. cooks the occasional meal washed...
  • Csabre29

Need advice

Hi I just needed advice on how to tell my parents that I am a Lesbian .. I am in a serious relationship and I know I wanT to get married to her one day and of course I want my family there . But I don't know how to tell the I am a lesbian:( please help
  • infinitytimesher

Defining ME..

Hi. So, I am in a place within my life that makes absolutely zero sense, yet at the same time it feels familiar. I am in my early 30's, have a child and married to a man and settling for what life has to give me. However, I am in love with the most amazing woman I have ever met. Ah, the moment I saw her I instantly knew there was something about this woman I HAD to get to know. With this...
  • shikz

fully accepting

so am gay but where i live you cant be gay.since an early age i have had sex with girls.its been good sex all the time.am always attracted to girls.i think my problem is i have not fully accepted this.i keep running because i know i cant have it all.but its causing lots of distress and anxiety..am currently having therapy but i think am still in denial.i have been a 3 year relationship with a...
  • fieztypassion

Need support

I'm in a relationship and love my partner very much. We have had a few bumps in the road as we have had to learn each other and be sensitive to each others past traumas. A few months ago I stopped going over my partners house. My experience being over there was not a warm one. My partner has had the tendency to make me feel like I don't belong there. For some reason they go into a different...
  • Sorry, I tried to make this short.....I met a woman from an online dating site about 5 weeks ago, we will call her Sue. I contacted Sue and asked if she would like to meet up. At that time, she told me she was in a long distance relationship with another woman (Mary) that she had NEVER actually met. Sue told me that she could use a friend to hang out with.We spoke on the phone a few times. Sue...
  • My partner keeps mentioning how hard it has been being with me. We met under bad circumstances I was just getting out a relationship and was still living with my ex-boyfriend. She has been by myside through a lot of difficult times and I have basically changed my whole life as a result of us being together. A lot of things were bad I get it. Being with someone who is the closet isnt easy and I...
  • britb22

Problem with exes

Sorry that this will be a little long. My girlfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years now. We have had many problems happen but we have been able to get thru them. But there's a problem that keeps coming up and we talk about it constantly but she doesn't understand my side and I just want to know if im being unreasonable. She's the first girl I've been with and we got together after I...
  • Greetings,I am having an issue with my bisexual partner of apprx. 2 years. She spends a lot of time with her mother, caring for her as she lives 10 minutes away from her parents and 45 minutes away from me. She also spends a great deal of time (every day) with her dog - a beagle who is sweet, but untrained and spoiled. I feel like I'm not asking for a lot, but I want some of her time in the...
  • My partners coworker invited her for drinks with her coworkers girlfriend and friends. When we arrived at the restaurant and I was introduced her coworker was surprised I was there and apologized for not knowing and not having an extra chair. She then texts my girlfriend asking why she didnt tell her I was coming and that she felt bad for not having enough chairs. When the coworker introduced...