Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Support Group

Irritable bowel syndrome is a common intestinal disorder that is characterized by bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, cramping, and constipation. Typically no abnormalities appear during standard medical testing, and so irritable bowel syndrome is identified by the symptoms. Although irritable bowel syndrome can cause serious discomfort, the intestines are not harmed.

1 Online
  • a few months ago i was dianosed with ibs my husband has been very supportive and helpful however when i am really in a lot of pain or sometimes get sick after i eat he gets scared that something bad could happen to me
  • enigmaticloner

Perhaps IBS

Every now and then (it's happened on at least 3 different occasions so far that I can recall) I'll suddenly feel nauseated after eating something and will lose my appetite for days at a time. The first time it happened it was when I was eating out somewhere. I felt pretty nauseous just at attempting to eat, and I also lost my appetite quite often. I started to feel very weak from the lack of...
  • ruthgrps

New symptom diarheoa

What do people do when they should go somewhere (i.e. hospital appointment) for disabled daughter, and yet they have diaroheoa and cant go, how do people stop it?Anyone have any thoughts?
  • Hi Y'all, I have joined this group in the hope that I can get some answers that doctors are not providing.  I was diagnosed with IBS 15 years ago.  At the time, I had stomach bleeding and was told, anechdotetly I had ulcers since I was mid to late 20's.  I drank alcohol the same amount my friends did, took advil and diet coke intermittantly so believed I "caused it".  However, given my...
  • enigmaticloner

Gas & Pain

Lately I seem to be having more gas, quite the foul smelling odor to be honest. It's a bit annoying, especially when around people but I also worry about if it means something else is wrong. It's gotten to the point where I hate being around other people at times because I know how bad the flatuence odor is. It does seem to happen more frequently when I eat things like vegetables and any food...
  • Pixie51

IBS out of control do to anxiety

I always struggled with constipation and always fixed my Ibs with diet and now I'm have diareah do to life and anxiety issues . Diet still works , but I get it calmed down and the issues causing my stress put me right back to it . I have got to figure out a way to handle things so they stop going to my gut . Anyone else have this issue ?
  • ruthgrps

Advice needed - constapation

I have had IBS for many years, when it first started all I had chronic pain in my tummy and spasm, now I have problems with constapation, I am allergic to some of the powders they give you, has anyone any natural ideas as to how to make my bowels move!
  • akoupleofkays

UPDATES 2017

What's new with you this year?Updates below:Video 18 https://youtu.be/zMr5QIdfA
  • jacobdo77

IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome Help

Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or IBS, is a digestive disorder that affects 1 in 5 adults in the United States.  The symptoms for IBS are: diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain or cramps, frequent bowel movement, excess gas, bloating, fatigue, nausea and flatulence. There is also an urgency, for bowel movements and a feeling of incomplete evacuation (tenesmus). People with IBS, more commonly than...
  • billwfriend

IBSD is kicking my ass today since eating....

I had a bowl of chili with cut up hot dogs in it and now I am running back and forth to RR.....uggh
  • Carolin57

Great, another embarrassment

So I was in town having what I thought cleared my bowels in the morning. Just on my walk home when I passed wind and messed myself again. This is so upsetting and distressing not to mention how embarrassing. I can't count the number of times I have had to rush to a toilet to clean up and bin my underwear. I wish there were an early warning sign, but as yet I have not spotted it. Does anyone know...
  • NickTur

Scared

Hi everyone! My name is Nick and I've been struggling with gastritis for a week. It all started last week when I pulled a muscle in my lower abdomen and I worried myself sick for two days waiting for the blood test. My doctor agreed it was just a pulled abdomen. Everything came back normal. Last Tuesday night, I tried eating a meatloaf but I felt super nauseous. On Wednesday, I noticed a...
  •  Hi, I have been suffering with IBS, anxiety and other accompanied symptoms for the past 3.5 years. Out of frustration from hearing doctors say that there is no specific cure, I decided that i need to find a way to take this on because there has to be a way out. Being stuck at home is the exact opposite of what i want to do...So to keep my dream alive I started recording my journey to try and...
  • muffindog

FODMAP DIET?

Hi everyone,I am new to this board and this is my first post. A quick history, I have had stomach problems for years and have finally seen a gastroentranologist who has diagnosed me with IBS. My symptoms are mainly extreme and painful bloating and consipation but also include muscle pain, very low energy and joint pain. I also get 3 reoccuring sores but he didn't think they are related. I am...
  • I have to say I hate this photo....for some reason I see it and it makes me think of internal organs....which I am not that excited to see....but I know it is not anything like that but that is where my mind takes me....so if you support a different photo what would you like to see? I think maybe a light house on the coastal shores? I like that idea....anyway what do you think?