Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Support Group

Irritable bowel syndrome is a common intestinal disorder that is characterized by bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, cramping, and constipation. Typically no abnormalities appear during standard medical testing, and so irritable bowel syndrome is identified by the symptoms. Although irritable bowel syndrome can cause serious discomfort, the intestines are not harmed.

0 Online
0 Online
  • I have had IBS for many years, when it first started all I had chronic pain in my tummy and spasm, now I have problems with constapation, I am allergic to some of the powders they give you, has anyone any natural ideas as to how to make my bowels move!
  • ruthgrps

New symptom diarheoa

What do people do when they should go somewhere (i.e. hospital appointment) for disabled daughter, and yet they have diaroheoa and cant go, how do people stop it?Anyone have any thoughts?
  • AgentSmith

Extreme IBS

I was wondering if anyone experiences these extreme symptoms? I've only had IBS for the past couple years (my grandma has always had it). It doesn't happen very often, maybe once a month. It usually starts shortly after eating, within an hour. A couple times, including just now, I've had it this severe where I almost called an ambulance thinking I was dying.I feel fine and then suddenly my...
  • What Are Probiotics and How to Choose the Best For You?http://probioticamericareviews.com/How Much Do We Really Know About Probiotics? Find more information about probiotics on this page or on their websitehttps://www.facebook.com/americaprobiotic/One supplement that has amazing qualities despite its simplicity and low CFU count, one that might be the perfect blend of bacterial strains, and one...
  • Hey all! I'm 20 years old, and I have been having stomach issues for 4 years now. I currently have no diet restrictions or allergies and I exercise regularly. The one GI doc I went to just brushed it off as IBS. Here's the thing: the ONLY symptoms I have are abdominal distension and that I'm always always full. I have no pain/cramps/spasms, I poop once or twice a day (so there's probably not an...
  • lasers

leaking..how common is it

this is getting on my nerves a littlei go to the loo a fair bit..but in the day have like a leak happeningyes and not good for the underwear...am i better off using a thin padare the likes...i am thinking this is very common with ibswell i hope it is or i am not normal...and any good hints to help stop it...thanks
  • AnotherYou

Anyone alive?

Just wonder how active this forum is. My IBS has taken a new turn. A 'SIBO' turn maybe.
  • I have suffered from lack of bowel movement for over 20 years. I just have no desire to go even though I am eating o.k. No amount of vegetables or fruits help me to open my bowels.I have had two colonoscopy's in the last ten years and been told I have a healthy colon but being diagnosed with chronic constipation.It is not hereditary as my family are regular and they know all of their trigger...
  • littlemart

IBS - C

Funny thing about this constipation.... I can be rolling along pretty well for 4 or 5 days in a row. Then, if I miss just one day without a bowel movement I am miserable. All it takes is that one day. I feel awful and have gas pain in my chest until I get that Miralax in me and get going again.Can anyone explain this??
  • akoupleofkays

IBS my story

Hi, I have been suffering with IBS, anxiety and other accompanied symptoms for the past 3.5 years. Out of frustration from hearing doctors say it's mostly in my head and that there is no specific cure, I decided that i need to find a way to take this on because there has to be a way out.I"m 30 years old and being an aspiring filmmaker i worked as an assistant director for quite some time. Being...
  • ruthgrps

New Here

I've had IBS for some years now, but at the moment I am struggling with constapation, the amount going in doesnt balance with what is coming out. Thats my main symptom at the moment, I take a doctor prescribed laxitive which is in the form of a drink, and is horrible to drink, my other symptoms include stomache spasms, which are very painful. I've read extensively about the subject, and I have...
  • TheLAWvirus

Any Advice?

I've been struggling with IBS for over a year while still being in high school. At first it was awful but eventually after people at school knew and I worked out a diet it was ok apart from a bit of pain in the mornings and having to leave class and school every few days because of pain. However I've recently finished school and it's now the holidays.I have no stress no pressure and I've been...
  • Hey, do any of you guys get symptoms with your IBS that aren't listed anywhere? When I get a really bad attack of diarrhea, it's often accompanied by severe nasal-type allergy symptoms, like phlegm, scratchy throat, and sinus pressure. Plus, I often have increased urination during my IBS attacks. My attacks are preceded, usually about 12 hours before, by what I think of as my "warning...
  • I have lost all your info... you were in sioux city ... drop me a line . Roz
  • salvatop

Constipation

I have been experiencing constipation over the last couple of weeks. It is very difficult for me to have a bowel movement. I do have one every day, but it requires a lot of effort. I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and am taking Paxil and Lexapro, along with Neurontin for the anxiety. I started taking Colace last Saturday to try and relieve the constipation. Has anyone out there had...