Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Support Group

Irritable bowel syndrome is a common intestinal disorder that is characterized by bloating, abdominal pain, diarrhea, cramping, and constipation. Typically no abnormalities appear during standard medical testing, and so irritable bowel syndrome is identified by the symptoms. Although irritable bowel syndrome can cause serious discomfort, the intestines are not harmed.

1 Online
  • lostinthecycle

Stomach is Killing Me

Hey all, hoping someone can relate or can guide me in the right direction. I was diagnosed with IBS 10+ years ago and loosely followed the diet my doc told me to at that point(high fibre, lots of water and exercise and avoid gassy foods). No matter what though I never seemed to get rid of my symptoms. So about a year and a half ago the symptoms got to the point I could not handle it anymore....
  • BlueSky

Stubborn flare

Stubborn IBS-C flare has been going for over 2 months now and isn't backing down. OTC stuff isn't really helping much lately... I've tried miralax, a laxitive tea (that used to help), prune juices, milk of magnesia (that works 50/50 of the time), magnesium supplements, super cleanse supplements, and so on. I've been juggling these things for the past 2 months (a few days of one then a few days of...
  • Llamabacon

Just diagnosed with ibs

I just found out a week ago I have ibs. This has been the worst three weeks none stood craps and bloating and not being able to eat because it hurts so much afterword. Being a teen and hurting his much is not fun. 
  • Sly

I stumbled across my diagnosis today!

I have (BAM) Bile Acid Malabsortion. My body doesn't reuptake my bile acid and leaves it in my colon. I need a bile acid sequestrant, aNY suggestions? 9 years of research and (BAM)! Everything fits perfectly!
  • glisteningmoon

Bowel movements immediately after eating!

As the title suggests, I have been having a bowel movement immediately after I eat a meal, or sometimes even just a snack. The stool is usually loose and lacking form, and made up of bits of undigested food (sorry to be graphic).Now, I am currently 23 years old and have had what I always believed to be mild IBS in the form of frequent flatuence and bloating since I was about 16, but what I'm...
  • Cindylouwho

Splenic-flexure syndrome.....

Does anyone have any experience with this? It's all of my symptoms to a T. Even how it supposidly begins. Going to bring it up to my PCP on my next visit. 
  • Jess1995x

Confused

So my gastro consultant is still saying I have IBS even when I follow the diets and stick to foods I know I can have and still have flare ups. Anyway last time I went to an app with him he told me I need an abdominal scan, a pelvic scan and a colonoscopy. I have already argued my reasons with him for not having the colonoscopy done the first time he requested it (a whole other story!) and was...
  • taniawi

12 year old severe autistic child need help

My son Chris is 12 years old severe autistic and still in pampers and non verbal.  He has many digestion problems and when I bring him to special doctor they dont help they just say hes autistic.  I had to take him out of school and homeschool him due to most food was giving him pain.  I took away most food and started juice vegeatbles and doing well.  Thing is I dont understand is when I...
  • billwfriend

IBSD is kicking my ass today since eating....

I had a bowl of chili with cut up hot dogs in it and now I am running back and forth to RR.....uggh
  • Cindylouwho

IBS and gas

Just wondering if having hard (stuck and then painful when they move) gas bubbles is common? 
  • I've been struggling to lose weight for over a year now, since before I started having gastrointestinal issues that point to IBS (I haven't been officially diagnosed). About a year ago my girlfriend and I made a lifestyle change towards healthier eating: low carb, low sugar, healthy fats, more grains and whole wheats... meaning lots of avocado and yogurt and eggs and various other things that are...
  • jacobdo77

IBS Help

If you suffer from irritable bowel syndrome, chances are, you will have some of the following symptoms: diarrhea, gas, belching, reflux, bloating, nausea abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation.These symptoms are common, in people that have two conditions: Hypochlorhydria and Hyperchlorhydria.  Most people will experience the symptoms, if they have Hypochlorhydria. Hypochlorhydria is the...
  • billwfriend

another diahrrea day

I have the trots today....and I have to go to pot luck supper with baked beanie weanie/sausages....I have been in the shower twice in last hour....uggh
  • AgentSmith

Extreme IBS

I was wondering if anyone experiences these extreme symptoms? I've only had IBS for the past couple years (my grandma has always had it). It doesn't happen very often, maybe once a month. It usually starts shortly after eating, within an hour. A couple times, including just now, I've had it this severe where I almost called an ambulance thinking I was dying.I feel fine and then suddenly my...
  • Pixie51

IBS out of control do to anxiety

I always struggled with constipation and always fixed my Ibs with diet and now I'm have diareah do to life and anxiety issues . Diet still works , but I get it calmed down and the issues causing my stress put me right back to it . I have got to figure out a way to handle things so they stop going to my gut . Anyone else have this issue ?