Gastritis Support Group

Gastritis is a medical term for inflammation of the lining of the stomach. It means that white blood cells move into the wall of the stomach as a response to some type of injury. Gastritis has many underlying causes, from infection with the bacterium H. pylori, bile reflux, or excessive consumption of alcohol or certain foods or drugs like aspirin.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Farhadjo

Swings!

Hey everyone, I need some advice again.One moment all is okay, the next I am back to no being able to eat anything at all again. I am fucking tired of this swing back and forth. When I thought I had recovered from the last flare up, I had 1 or 2 pieces of toast too many one night and now I am back into dust again. Now I have to fast a day or two while I have hardly gained any weight. Is this...
  • Johno87

Want to end it

i feel like this pain is never going to go away, and either it goes it I do.
  • SFS88

Mild Gastritis, is my life over?

Hi all,I was diagnosed with mild gastritis after an endo a few weeks ago and am having trouble finding out what to eat and not eat, I love food and this has been really hard for me.6 months ago I had a really bad IBS attack / bladder pain and thought nothing of it, but then I stopped being able to eat as much until the point of eating anything made me feel like I was swollen and going to puke, it...
  • dianaleo

Still Struggling after almost 3 years!!

Hi there, i am new to this forum and could use some serious advise from anyone out there suffering with this same proble. I have been battling some serious stomach issues for the last 2 years and was hoping to get some answers from you since multiple doctors, and naturopaths have been unsuccessful in helping me get back to good health.. Here is the summary of what has been going on. In Jan 2014...
  • Johno87

Decreasing PPI, increasing burning?

So I've been taking pantoprazole twice a day at 40mg for about 2.5 weeks. Was feeling ok so I decided to try cutting my doseage to once in the morning. Woke up the next day with more burning in my stomach and chest. Tried last night to do 20mg at night with my usual morning dose, and woke up again today with the same burning. Ive been sleeping on a wedge for a few days, and usually don't get acid...
  • tummytrouble1010

Frustrated!

Hello everyone,I am new to this forum and I am looking for some advice/ would like to see how others have handled what I'm going through. The last few months I have been experiencing severe bloating to the point where I can't button my pants by the end of the day and I am curled up in pain. My upper abdomen sometimes will be hot to the touch and I get really bad cramping. I had a blood test done...
  • deegirl

Experience with Nexium

Hi all, just wondering what side effects people may have had on nexium. I have started having lots of burping about a week into it ... also stomach pains and I wonder if they are gas pains, they are sharp and shooting, or feels like my insides are twisting. I have had these pains before I started nexium as well but they started back up about a week or so into it. I am in my second week now. I...
  • Alexiiis_f

Please help!!!

Hello everyone, I'm 16 years old and have been told I have gastritis with no h.pylori. I have been scared of eating and have been scared of doing something wrong. I also have constipation. I don't know what to eat, so I have only been getting around 100-300 calories a day (from saltine crackers and juices). I lift weights and weighed 219 but i'm buff and not fat. Ever since being told I had...
  • How do you treat this type of gastritis, it all started from the overload of antibiotics, and since then 10 months of severe burning, and a huge set back where I cannot even get water down without wanting to scream. I remember the first time it took almost 4-6 weeks for PPIs to even kick in for this. I am approaching the 4th week with no difference. I did all sorts of research and found not to...
  • hcastaldo

Extra Virgin Siberian Pine Nut Oil

Has anyone tried this "Extra Virgin Siberian Pine Nut Oil"? I found some information about this product in the USA and people are saying how much it has relieved thier GI issues and Gastritis. If anyone has, please let me know if this is legit. I am in Canada and they don't sell it here. Thanks.
  • April16

Want to try new foods

It's going on a year since I started having all these problems with my stomach and this support group has defintely helped alot. I am still on the feeding tube and am making slow progress. My surgery has been postponed again because I am not gaining enough weight.I want to try some new foods and was wondering if anyone has history with frozen waffles and frozen pancakes (store brand like Eggo...
  • Johno87

Am I healing?

hey all, could use your colkective wisdom on how to tell if your stomach is healing? I've been taking pantaprazole again for the last 3 weeks, and the pain seems somewhat duller although there is still a constant discomfort in my upper abdomen. I've also noticed the middle of my chest feels more sensitive, and I have urges to cough. It often feels like someone is scratching or tickling the inside...
  • Farhadjo

Setbacks

Hi everyone, In the last 5 months (when all started), nearly 3 or 4 times I have encountered setbacks where afterwards I could barely eat and had bloating and discomfort (sometimes slight, sometimes more). They were caused either by trying out some bad food, eating too much, or having new and slightly irritating food consecutively (exactly the things I mentioned should be avoided in my previous...
  • Since I have been dealing with gastritis for nearly four months, I thought maybe I can share some of the experiences which have helped me steer through this challenging condition. I am by no means healed yet; one wrong step and my stomach shuts the digestive enterprise for a few days. But on the positive side, I am pain-free, my appetite has increased greatly and can eat bigger meals than before....
  • deegirl

Sharp / Scratchy Pains with Gastritis?

Hi allThis may be a little bit long so please bear with me and thanks for listening. I have suffered from two bouts of gastritis in the last five years or so and I may be on my third. The reason I am not sure is this has lasted almost three months but the symptoms are quite different from the last two.The first one was in 2010 and it lasted months and months after high stress and nexium didn't...