Family & Friends of Bipolar Support Group

This community is dedicated to parents, siblings, grandparents, other relatives and friends of someone who is Bipolar. The purpose of this community is to help families and friends develop greater patience and understanding, as well as maintain a positive, caring relationships with those diagnosed as Bipolar.

1 Online
  • notgivnup

Not sure what to do...

Hi, I have a son-in-law who was diagnosed with bi-polar when he was young. My daughter met him a few years ago when he wasn't on any medications. He seems to be able to hide it for a while. Anyway they dated for a few months and that is when she knew something was "off" She tried to make it work but he REALLY can be pretty much on a different planet. She broke it off with him and said he would...
  • betweenplaces

any advice

My ex bp wrote me out of the blue after 5 months of no talking. He dumped me on new years day and told me he didn’t love me anymore. Hell fell off the face of the earth and I didn’t hear from him until a few days ago. He wrote me an email all cherry and sweet, wishing me well, and saying sorry about how he has been distant and then thanking me for all the things I have taught him. He said...
  • betweenplaces

move forward or wait?

My Ex BP dumped me on new years day, after we spent NYE together. He was so happy with me and loved me so much! We had a lot in common and our families are like identical how we were raised. My BP ex is very sweet guy, very lovable and charming. He was never mean to me and he never did anything horrible. Then out of the blue broke up with me and told me he didn't love me anymore. I am still very...
  • virginiabluebell

2 Bipolars

Everything was perfect in the beginning. He bought me a personalized cake when I made honors, we spent three hours telling each other everything opening up our deepest secrets and struggles, he said he loved me on day three, we drove six hours to visit his family and they loved me, we did so many fun things together, he complimented me, he wanted to have children with me and marry me and be with...
  • 1silently

First time asking for online support

I was recommended to this group by the suicide prevention line.a little about myself: I myself suffer from PTSD, Major Depression, Panic disorder, and Anxiety as well as a peronsality disorder. I have an almost 3 year old son. I left his father a little over a year ago now who also suffered from bipolar disorder and it just got to the point where I never felt loved and they were just abusive and...
  • fakeblonde

Same sh** different year

My husband and I have been separated for a very long time, but always have been working towards getting back together, or at least I was. Our 9 yr anniversary was last week, but he had been on a crazy rampage of verbally abusive texts, seemingly out of nowhere, so I didn't even see him. (Yes he uses drugs, yes he is bipolar) Today, he is sending me pics of him and his "angel", another woman. Oh,...
  • virginiabluebell

No money for help

Both me and my for-now ex-boyfriend don't have any money for mood stabilizers. How the @&$" is someone supposed to get better if they can't afford it?! Do you just keep slowly killing the ones you love and cope with the fact that you'll be alone forever? Idk what to do
  • kavliara

BPD. Hypersexual

My bf/ fianceHad been very sexual these last few days  sexual demanding Is anybody else have this with their husbands/ bf ect??
  • newyorksoutherncostume

new to support groups...need guidance?

hi all,this support group is new to me. i'm 34. i have a mom who is bi-polar 1 with rapid cycling and borderline personality. im here cause i think i've finally reached my patience and cant seem to speak to my mom lately without it ending in a fight or me hurt and angry. i need tools to help communicate, etc. so here goes:i'm a mom of a 4 year old and still discovery who i am. i live a fast paced...
  • Chez12

BP Mum

Hello,I am really struggling with my mother. She raised me herself and ive never known my father or have siblings. She has a really unstable relationship with my aunt's (her sisters) because of her behaviour. She is so unbearable to be around. Shes either making wild plans to holiday and do the house up or do open university courses, or is screaming like a madwoman at everyone. She has no self...
  • nic4024

Need advice for bipolar father

Hi All, I need some advice. I am 30 years old and my father is bipolar. He most likely has personality disorder as well. His moods are so bad that he often verbally abuses me and tends to "push, pull" with me and one minute begs me to answer the phone and demands my support, but then the next minute pushes me away and claims I am against him and don't care about him. He definitely exhibits...
  • kavliara

Little insite to BPD

My fiance/HD  has had mixed episode these last few s and it's been horrible ..we live overseas and don't get much helpI have 3kids to deal with under these circumstances it's hell I know the drugs are pretty heavy such as anti depressants suppressed tranquliser that do cause low libidos  or erectile impotence That's why some male patient s will avoid 
  • deleted_user

How many spouses have been cheated on

I know u have all told me at some point, but i have forgotten. Its that memeory during crying thing. So, maybe it will help me feel a little better, as I think he is with someone again, could be my imagination but.., how many of you were cheated on and how did you make it back?I need strentgh to keep going. To get through the ups and downs and be reminded that it might be worth it. Thank you!!!
  • kavliara

Bipolar bf rollercoaster

My  bf..That I used to. E engaged to  is showing signs of  bipolar episode..We have been together nearly 6year and have 3kids ...He is adopted and his adopted dad is  bipolar no dna.But he is showing signs of something.We have been arguing about everything lately..And seems he causes problems with everything compusive liar.he disapears for hours and sometimes days giving me some bullshit...
  • Blacksayian

My girlfriend

My girlfriend who i have been dating for the past 7 months , broke up with me because of depression , it was so sudden, one day she invited me over to her place and said she coukd not handle dealing with her depression and having me in her life and also she has a son from a previous relationship and she is going through a rough patch , i truly love her and i have done some research and it all...