Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

1 Online
  • akacountrygirl

EPIDERAL IN NECK AREA

Has anyone had an epideral in your spine/neck area?  Did you have any problems afterward?  If so what happened? My husband had one done last Wednesday.  Pain vanished for a day.  Then he got sick and been that way for almost a week.Called doctor the day of but he just said to have him drink a cup of coffee and then lay down on his side for one hour.I'm so glad that I cancelled mine.
  • AngelaJo

Not sure if you guys remember me but im back

I havnet posted on this board in a long time, been mostly on the fibro and PTSD boards. Life got crazy, had a complete nervous breakdown i ended up hospitalized for 2 times now i been doing well for over 6 months now. My pain has been at an all time high even with the strong meds im on. I am doing Physical Therapy and the goal isnt to get rid of the pain, that wont happen with whats wrong with my...
  • Aronia

RSD And injection tomorrow

After 5 years of going from one doctor to another - 5 orthopoedic, 6 oral surgeons, neurologist, vascular surgeon, and others - I finally got a consult from an interventional pain center and was offered diagnosis and treatment .i have RSD in my leg and mental nerve damage in my face.tomorrow I ll get my first injection in the saphenous nerve area and I m freaking out. I m SO scared it is going...
  • Hello there, my name is Charlotte and I'm a master's student in Psychology at present :)I am currently looking for more volunteers to take part in my survey online. The survey literally takes minutes as I designed it to be easy for everybody to use!The survey is about chronic pain and the treatment you are (or were) taking for this pain along with its overall percieved success. I'm hoping that...
  • MeganElaine

Steroid Injection; Limited Relief

Feeling really disappointed. Had my first ever steroid injection into my hip last Wednesday. The relief from the lidocaine was immediate and profound, but since the lidocaine wore off several hours after the procedure, my hip has been painful as ever. They told me to expect the steroid to kick in within 3-5 days; today is day 5 and I'm scared this is as good as it gets. Was off the crutches for a...
  • MeganElaine

How to Change Primary Care Doc?

I'm fed up. Saw my PCP for follow up last Friday. Had asked for an ortho referral, as my PT won't see me until I've been cleared; my PCP seemed incredibly offended by this, like I was accusing him of not doing his job. He had no ideas about other options moving forward to address my hip "popping"/pain. He had no suggestions about how to best transition from crutches to another mobility aid (the...
  • Ghostdancer

Neck Pain

Ill be glad to see orthopedic doctor on my shoulder on Monday and maybe he can tell me what is going on with neck. Already had the surgery on neck last year so I'm not wanting any repeat on that but some symptoms have returned but only if I'm doing a big job. This morning I cleaned in the garage prior to starting to get some packing started. It was enough extra to have neck heating up.
  • rahasbun

all in one migraine symptom reliever?

Hey y’all! I was wondering if anyone here knew or had advice for finding the best solution to relieve migraine symptoms
  • HeadNeckInjured

Severe Nerve Pain in Neck

I am down in West Palm Beach for work and the extra travelling has put such a strain on my body... to top it off I didn't bring enough of my breakthrough meds.  Really having a hard time coping and focusing on work.  I have been battling chronic pain for 4 years now.  10 surgeries later and it has lessened some.  I am more upset that my doctors didn't give me any warning on the dangers of...
  • Joneszayyy

New to the group

Hey guys, I'm new to this group, but not to DS. I suffer from severe chronic pain due to endometriosis and pelvic floor dysfunction. The only thing that I've found works for me right now is cbd oil. Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself a bit :) What are some things that help you guys with your chronic pain?
  • MeganElaine

When is Pain an Emergency?

How do you know when increased pain warrants emergency attention? How do you arrive at the decision to go to the ER? I've had terrible experiences in the past, which I posted about here a few years ago. Now I find myself in the same situation... with the same snapping hip problem... not knowing what to do. Pain hit 9/10 on Tuesday and has stayed there since. Extreme loss of function... not...
  • MeganElaine

Sent Home From Work

My boss sent home from work today because of my pain. Or, more accurately, my inability to mask my pain level. It's been off the charts lately and it shows on my face. I was practically in tears after making the long climb down the hill to my office, and a few of my colleagues noticed and said something to my boss. I was supposed to go represent my agency at a state-level meeting today, but was...
  • lucillegem

Inescapable Pain

I dont think its that I keep getting the same answers: "oh, thats normal", "other people have that too", go sit in a waiting room for 6 hours, waiting waiting waiting.. for i dont know what, anymore. I think its that for the last 2 weeks, I have been in constant pain, off and on.I am just fustrated dealing with this chronic pain... I think its taken its toil on me emotionally, as ive been...
  • SarkyCow

Norco

Hi All, I have chronic pain down one side of my body as a result of a car crash 7 years ago which I haven't taken pain meds for these last few years (international student with crappy ins). But these past few weeks I've have horrible back pain alongside my usual pain. After many trips to the campus health centre, the ER, and a Dr. outside of the school I found out I have a bulging disc in my...
  • deleted_user

Thoracic Outlet Syndrom

I'm finally getting checked for TOS. After I had rotator cuff surgery that didn't relieve my pain I had researched this and asked my orthopedic surgeon. His answer (I'll never forget) was your MRI shows a herniation so don't look for another cause. Well I had spine surgery and that didn't help either!!It took 2 1/2 years of asking one doctor after another to finally have one say hmmm. A 2 minute...