Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

0 Online
0 Online
  • I'm 20 and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 6 months ago. When I told my 65 year old professor thats the reason I had been missing class he told me it was very uncommon for people my age to get this, and he was sorry it happened so early. My rheumatologist also commented that it was very uncommon. I am scared doctors/people think I'm just some young junky looking for pain pills. Is this...
  • into left knee...right knee was the TKR so this other knee is in need of TKR but I am not there to go thru that yet....so I asked for Cortisone shot for this knee began hurting again few weeks ago...anyway I hope it helps me feel better for 3-6months....hugs for reading my drivvels....
  • happychat

Help please

I have was diagnosed with RA April of this year but have been suffering for way longer than that. I have also been diagnosed with OA, fibromyalgia, and spondylosis of the cervical spine. I am a 39 yr old female. I currently have take steroids, methotrexate, antidepressants, and norco but my pain con't to be uncontrolled. It is so bad that I am depressed alot of the time, and due to pain level...
  • enigmaticloner

Dicyclomine

Hey everyone, pretty recently I mentioned this abdominal pain I have sometimes to my doctor and he prescribed me this medication called dicyclomine, I'm just here to ask if anyone else has taken it and if it's helped them with their abdominal pain. From what I've read it's used to treat IBS(irritable bowel syndrome) also.
  • kayla

My First Post

I've had chronic pain for the past year and a half. In January I was diagnosed with Amplified Musculoskelatal Pain Syndrome. I've tried pain meds and exercise as the doctor instructed, but I'm not getting any relief. I started physical therapy and it's making my pain even worse then it was before. It's just so irritating and I want it all to go away. I'm 16 years old I should be driving and doing...
  • Has anyone had full cervical fussion? My last MRI in May indicated involvement from C2-C7. The degeneration has been speedy. Just a year and half ago my surgeon was discussing a laminictomy at C6-7 with possibility of more. Involvement reached to C3-4. I have occasional numbness in the fingers associated with C6-7. Arm and hand strength is good. My surgeon isn't pushing for surgery. He tells me...
  • Hi there! I have had some unwelcomed major med changes, and am trying to prepare for the storm. Wondering if there are any Christians out there thst can recommend a blog, book, article,etc that can help me stay focused on the Lord and His ability to get me through it all? Thank you in advance!
  • I have been trying to get a second opinion on my back problems. I saw an orthopedic surgeon who diagnosed my degenerative disk disease and they told me there was no treatment options. I am not doubting the diagnosis but I do not believe that there is nothing they can do to help with my condition. I am 19 years old and they told me that there is nothing they can do and that I will live my whole...
  • catskyn

Not feeling good today

Before taking my grandson to his therspy my back just hurt so bad all the ay down my legs and am only feeling worse now. I feeel bad that I cant take my dog for a walk. I cant stand days like this.
  • krystalfoster

plum aggravated

does anyone have this problem? you tell your dr that your pain med is not working that you take it but you dont get any relief. and he looks at you all crazy. i geuss he doesnt believe me or he thinks im abusing my medicine which i never do. some days i dont even take it i just deal with the pain. why does dr think every body abuses their meds? i mean we are really in pain but i also dont want to...
  • happychat

update to help please

Well guys I am happy to say I was heard today at my PM appt. I am ecstatic and hopeful once again. I was put on LA med to go with my short acting one. This last wk. has been hell for me emtionally and physically. I had to stop my RA med due to 3 different kinds of infections bc the methotrexate totally knocked out my immune system and of course my RA started flaring worse than it already was. I...
  • So three weeks ago I got a shot of Toradol after my auto accident. The little gal that gave me the shot got to close or hit the sciatic nerve. I about went through the ceiling. Since them I have been in constant pain, numbness down the back of my leg, burning etc... I cant stand and definatley cant sit. How long is this gonna last? Im tired of the pain. What can I do? Anyone ever had this happen?...
  • bobinmaine

low back pain

I am wondering if anyone uses patches and if one brand is better then the other.I have a prescription for the lidoderm lidocaine patches but they are quite expensive. There are some non prescription patches that have a little less lidocainand costs alot less and I wondered if they were as good? Does anyone have any experience with these or other patches?
  • Jonsparky

Cervical Epidural

hi everyone! (Whoever is left)i am going in for a epidural C6/C7 today,my MRI showed as Moderate severe bulging disc pinching off the nerve. Hope it helps! The pain radiates between the shoulder blade and on top of the shoulder. I don't see how steroids will help, but it is worth a try...Hope everyone is doing okay!
  • Sly

Abdominal Surgery

I had an abdominal exploratory laparotomy last Thurs. They found my small intestines anchored by adhesions to the intra-abdominal wall on my right side. They stripped all adhesions from my intestines. I was sent home Friday afternoon. This morning, I woke up in a level 10 pain and vomiting that wouldn't stop. I came back to the hospital to find out I have a partial obstruction. They are keeping...