Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

2 Online
  • Ghostdancer

Physical Therapy

Gently and slowly is the word from therapist on four exercises for home therapy. His other words were not encouraging namely my neck is worse now than a year ago. Secondly he does not think a TENS unit or traction would do any good and most likely injure me further. That leaves slowly and gingerly on minimal therapy and maybe massage. Outlook isn’t good on any other surgery as that will only...
  • billwfriend

did anyone else get spammed by guy named Vidall in

PM? I reported it because he was advertising something which is not allowed even in PM
  • Aronia

Bleeding after steroids ?

In the last 2 years I started having breakthrough bleeding between periods and nobody could figure out why. I haven’t had an irregular period ever and I m 42. Women in my family go into menopause late - over 53, so I am sure that it is not menopause.   Then I figured out that every time I get either a steroid by mouth or injection, I bleed for 2-3 months. My OBGYN could not find the cause....
  • Ghostdancer

Cold Turkey

Today is it on two meds for pain and muscle relaxant. On pain pill morning and evening on pain meds and one muscle relaxant three times daily. That being said it’s been two hours since taking minimum dose of only two and not four meds neither pain or muscle spasms are being controlled. I’m not the doctor but the chronic pain is a real negative to doing anything. I can go grocery shopping but...
  • Aronia

Chronic pain as psychiatric disorder

I am a member of several forums for medical professionals and ( this is really funny ) I now work in a pain management office again as RN.   It is extremely aggravating to read and hear my co-workers speak with such disregard for pain patients.  They talk about narcotic patients as if they are drug addicts.  Medical professionals who use narcotics for chronic pain will not speak up,...
  • alexia00

help 4 managing pain without meds

hi friends:I'm trying to manage my pain without the use of pain meds, mostly because in my state it is really hard to get them prescribed.  anyway, i am trying meditation, relaxation, distraction, etc., but they help only a tiny bit if at all.  I am still suffering so much that i am miserable, can't work or engage in life.  Is there anything that has helped someone out there that you can share...
  • polarbare

procrastination and pain

I guess the two of them go hand in hand ... just wondering how you cope ?  it takes me months to finish lists.  I'm a type a personality- before I got ill I was on top of stuff ... it's frustrating :(.  ((hugs)) polar
  • deleted_user

Pharmacies

Does anyone know of a good online pharmacy? l want 1 that's dependable(drugs are what/strength/freshness there supposed to be)God Bless
  • MeganElaine

Mood & Chronic Pain

I’m 10 and a half years into life with chronic pain, and in some ways, I’m dealing with it worse now than ever. In the past, having hope that finding the right doctor and medication would have me functioning enough to meet my needs kept me going. Now, I try to get by minute-to-minute. I’m angry at myself for not being able to work a “normal” job or do basic life tasks. I’m ashamed I...
  • TKOK

Recently diagnosed with crps

At the end of last year I had a pretty serious fracture of  my tibia, which involved plates , screws and months of recovery. One of my major complaints from the beginning, was a numbness on top of my foot and tingling in my toes. Almost from the onset I felt something in my foot wasn't right. From electric type nerve pain to a crushing feeling. I had all sorts of different types of pain....
  • motherofcats

Ryzotomy/ablation...help please

Hi! New to this website but not new to the fight against chronic pain. Due to multiple issues, I have chronic pain. My worst area is my mid/low back. I have a spinal chord stimulator which works pretty well, just not well enough. My dr recently talked me into a ryzotomy/radio frequency ablation (not really sure what/if there is a difference) Diagnostic injections went ok, so we decided to go for...
  • InPainDaily

24 with peripheral neuropathy

I am new to the group. I hope you guys can help me! A doctor injured my median nerve in my arm under my underarm. This injury has caused me so much pain!!! I can't move my first three fingers (thumb, pointer, index) without extreme PAIN!! I experience shooting, burning, stabbing pain from my underarm area to my fingers. Its a disabling type of pain. I forgot to menton the horrible numbness!! Wow,...
  • nomoorepain

Feeling crazy

Hello all I am new . I have been suffering chronic pain in variuos partso f my body since a car accident in Oct 2016. They have said I have myofacil pain. However I do not think its my muscles . I feel like something is wrong with my shoulders. both husrt deep inside as well as having alot of spells of pain running into my left arm. I had concoussion that lasted 6 months of foggness. I have...
  • MeganElaine

Good Docs in Midwest?

10 years of autoimmune arthritis is catching up with me, and my hip is showing signs of degeneration. I had imaging looking for a labral tear; they found that the labrum was degenerated but not torn, there was a tear in the acetabular cartilage, and there are other degenerative cartilage changes. The orthopedic doc here told me that there was nothing to be done about it, but my PCP (whom I still...
  • xtreme-d

Hi There

Hi Everyone. I'm new to this group, my name is Doug I'm 47yrs old and I have Spina Bifida, CRPS & I'm a Below Right Knee Amputee. I'm here to try and make new friends and to learn things from those who suffer the same sort of chronic pain that I do :)