Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

0 Online
  • Sly

Dear, God...

Thank you for all of this pain that never leaves my body. Thank you so so much for helping me find this forum and friends on DS, and all of the other wonderful people doing their "Time" in "Hell on Earth" with me! I am considering my "Time" as a full payment for my castle and automatic gate opener to Heaven! In Jesus Name I Pray. Thank you! Amen.  I am a True Believer in God and Jesus Christ!...
  • jonbonvovi

new here

Hello everyone, I was just diagnosed with neuropathy. It was the weirdest most uncommon thing that started with vulvodynia. I was having excruciating pelvic pain to the point where I was advised to go to the ER twice. It was like if (I am a female) a male were to have an erection that wouldn't go away plus a persistent urge to urinate while someone is pressing on your bladder plus if someone were...
  • akacountrygirl

Rizotomy.

Just had a rizotomy on my left lower back.  Wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.  I just hope this helps.  Anyone else ever had this done?  I have had it done on my neck and lower back.
  • MillaSofia

What

What does one do when the pain is so bad that tears flow? It's been 13 years. I'm a mess. New doctor Wednesday. Wish me well. Thank you.
  • Jonsparky

Had surgery today

Had my first surgery today for SCC on my arm, the Derm thought it was Psoriasis, so it was growing a while. SCC can be deadly. The incision was 2 1/2" long, and lots of stitches, some for the muscle, that disolve. It is starting to hurt pretty bad, with the local wearing off...Next surgery is Tuesday, and follow up Wednesday, it is a form of MOHS, she said they call it SLOMOHS... They test it...
  • MeganElaine

Talking to Colleagues

Thanks to everyone who offered support and advice in my earlier thread. Talked with my boss today, and she's amenable to whatever accommodations are needed to make things work in my current position. It was a hard talk to have, but it's good to get things out in the open. Now, my concerns shift to what these accommodations will look like. One thing we discussed is asking for help from coworkers...
  • GenuineMystery

Depression/anxiety very often with chronic pain

http://nationalpainreport.com/half-of-adults-with-anxiety-or-depression-have-chronic-pain-study-says-8833732.html
  • choosehealth

Chronic Pain

Date: June 17, 2017Help WantedIssue: After having an dual defibulator device inplanted, my husband (age 60) began to experience dibilitating pain in his abdominal area. The pain moves around the area. This has gone of for almost four years. As of Feb 2017, the device was removed following Heart Transplant Surgery.  However, the pain continues. He has tried massage therapy, accupuncture,...
  • enigmaticloner

Flat Feet Pain

I was looking for a group that seemed more relevant but I couldn't find one about the feet or legs in particular so this is the next fitting place for this topic I suppose. I've known about my flat feet for a while now, my father and my brothers have also had issues with their feet but more recently I've started to have pain in my feet on a daily basis making it hard to stand/walk on top of the...
  • Jonsparky

Insurance rejected epidural shots

Hi,I not used to being told that pain management wasn't covered. I have a herniated Lumbar disc because of the extra vertebrae creating a imbalance in my lower back. They said I haven't done 6 weeks of conservative treatments, this would be my third epidural, I thought that was concervative treatment?  Surgery is not concervative...I imagine they are taken back by the $15,000 in bills and the...
  • Ghostdancer

Klonopin

Seroquel or klonopin is one thing I take that does give me severe dizziness so I'm pretty sure in combination with other meds that a lethal dose wouldn't be that much. If anyone has any personal experience with this drug advice would be helpful.
  • MeganElaine

Work & Pain

Really struggling lately. I love my job, but it's kicking my butt.I'm working at least 45 hours a week, and I'm on-call 24/7 until someone else is hired at my agency. The things I'm being asked to do are totally beyond my physical capabilities... but there's nobody else to do them, so it falls on me. I've tried talking to my boss, and she is always very empathetic, but we never arrive at any sort...
  • jptexas

Dr. Drew's take on narcotic use after 2 weeks.....

I hope to get a lot of input on this issue as I have been struggling greatly with going back on opiods.  Because of the opioid dependency/addiction rampage, the scare tactics on this issue are quite irritating and disconcerting.  I weaned myself off of oxycodone after my gallbladder surgery this year.  One, because I was so sick I couldn't get to the pain doc and Two, because one of the ER...
  • MeganElaine

PT Merry-Go-Round

Several weeks after the "consider physical therapy" note from my doctor, I got a follow up appointment. Yesterday, he reaffirmed the sentiment and referred me out. Having some serious deja vu; this will be the 4th round of PT for this issue. Previous courses have been unsuccessful (and occasionally detrimental). I'm trying to figure out a way to get more from it this time, and avoid making things...
  • deleted_user

..$30,000.00 Surgery,& NO $$$$$$....Any Sugges

Hi!! Here's my story,the short version!lol.I need neck surgey,like yesterday!The Neurosurgeons here(have been to 12,only ONE dr. is willing to do it!!?),want to do a Cervical Laminectomy w/ Fusion.It's Very RISKY,I guess-cuz it involves my higher up discs!But,w/out it;Very SOON I will LOSE the use of my left arm,& it will continue on to other extremities!!And,they say,one wrong move,I could turn...