Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

2 Online
  • Jonsparky

Neurology visit

Hi,Went back to the neurologist, it has been two years since I last saw him, he had dx'd me with polyneuropathy, but later I realized it was erythromyalgia that was causing the burning pain in my feet. He confirmed that was one of the problems, as the feet and hands give off a lot of heat, I used to go through a lot of shoes, because they would fall apart! He also said a large number of his...
  • akacountrygirl

Rizotomy

I had the second part of my Rizotomy done on Tues.  I have zero back pain.  Now, to see how long it lasts.
  • birdbones

Chronic Pain and Codependency

My family is having dinner tonight, a lovely Saturday for them. I was invited, but there isn't enough gas in the car to go over. I spent 20 minutes today listening to my Mom's epic struggle to find the right light bulb for her bathroom and how difficult that was, then the fight she and my Dad got into over the light bulb. She finally gets around to asking how I am, and when I tell her how much...
  • mysensitiveheart

Spinal Cord Stim. cont .. (short)

I neglected to tell you all I have since fallen 3 more times since Nov. '15 since I have no strength or coordination left , making all pain even more crazy !!
  • MeganElaine

Communicating with Doctors

Anybody else feel like they struggle to communicate with their doctors? Any tips for communicating better? I have an upcoming appointment on Friday with my PCP, and have been thinking about the things I wish to convey. Thus far, it feels like I haven't been able to advocate for my pain control needs with my doctors. I'm really floundering at work due to unmanaged pain. It's often difficult to...
  • mysensitiveheart

Spinal Cord Stimulator ??????

Like all of you , I suffer from chronic pain ..Mine in particuar is lifelong and very complicated , involving my entire head and body ..It is at its most intense right now , a 10 pain scale is almost laughable . My issues were very much complicated by a fall on my entire spine onto a concrete floor  in Nov. '15 resulting in a frax. at L1 and ending up w / severe Sponylythesis at L4/5 ..I also...
  • Jonsparky

starting new biologic drug

Hi everyone! been getting the run around with my Rheumy, finely getting a new biologic for my PsA. I have had a lot of sleepless nights with swollen hands and feet, hopefully this one will help more then the others I have tried. I just started my insurance in March, and I am hitting them up for $10,000 in drugs, one good thing that came from Obamacare, no pre-existing conditions. I got the...
  • Anonymous08

Pained and Upset

Hey Y’all! I'm new to this site. I'm just going to vent a little bit.So about a year and a half ago I was getting these terrible headaches, like crawl in a ball and sleep for 10 hours a day, everyday for months on end. I went to a series of Doctors but no one could figure out what was wrong with me. Finally they stopped all on their own. I stopped thinking/worrying about it.Oh, just an FIY I'm...
  • Jonesy78672

Rhabdo/focal myositis pain

Well back on 3/24/17 i had some soreness in my lower back after I got off work, after gettin off I went to the gym for a light work out. When I got home I did the usual take a hot shower, take two advil an ice my back when it's sore. Well it progressively kept gettin worse kept getting tighter, harder to stand and walk so I decided to go to the er. When I got there I was in extreme pain my legs...
  • billwfriend

Orthopedic surgeon appt 2pm today

going to see if we are go to do the other knee Total Knee Replacement this fall!Im hopeful he will agree and send me out to get MRI in the next month or sooner. My business tapers down terribly when November rolls in and I am thinking thats when I want surgery. Will again go to rehab where was before.For sure having gotten medicaid again is good reason to do it now!
  • MoonDancingNana

3D glasses helped Migraine...

This is pretty weird. Because of the brain tumor I have a constant headache and migraines. Since this is my new norm and no meds I try to have some normalcy. It is our youngest son's birthday. He is 26 and such a blessing from the first the day we adopted him knowing all spina bifida entails.He wanted to see the new Star Trek movie in 3D. The absolutely strangest response within 5 minutes of...
  • Ghostdancer

Early Easter Gift??

Since midday yesterday my cervical spine where I received fusion of three vertebrae this past summer has erupted into the burning pain as if the fusion never happened. I took it as something that would resolve overnight and was proven wrong. A call to VA after hours triage nurse said to be seen within twelve hours. Since I'm eighty miles and more than two hours of driving to reach VA hospital I...
  • akacountrygirl

Easter

WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY EASTER WETHER YOU ARE NEAR OR FAR.  BEST DAY OF THE YEAR IN MY BOOK.  ON THIS DAY WE ARE ALL GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE.
  • MeganElaine

Pain After Imaging

Had an appointment with my primary care doctor this morning. I think that I clearly articulated how my pain has been affecting me. I also mentioned the continued hip problems. My doctor seemed concerned, but we didn't discuss any sort of pain management plan. Instead, he ordered some imaging: an x-ray and MRI.The MRI is scheduled for next week, but I did the x-ray this morning... and wish I...
  • deleted_user

AHHHH!!! BROKEN ARM NOW!

WELL FOLKS, I HAVE SEVERE RA. IVE HAD TEN, YES TEN SURGERIES ON MY LEFT ARM. LOTS AND LOTS OF PROBLEMS WITH IT. NOW I BROKE THE LOWER BONE IN IT LESS THAN 2 WKS AGO. IM SOOOOO SICK OF PAIN RIGHT NOW. IT HAS JUST GOTTEN A BIT MUCH!SORRY, JUST NEEDED TO VENT!CAT