Brain Injury Support Group

Traumatic brain injury occurs when a sudden trauma causes brain damage. TBI can result from a closed head injury or a penetrating head injury. Symptoms of a TBI can be mild, moderate, or severe, depending on the extent of the damage to the brain. Outcome can be anything from complete recovery to permanent disability or death. A coma can also affect a child's brain.

0 Online
  • _c_

Always here to talk! Small part of my story

My dad had an incident which resulted him having a TBI in 2014, he later passed due to the injury in 2015. He had an operation to remove the front part of his skull because of bleeding and blood clot on the brain and got an estimate of 3 days to live but he got to the stage of rehabillitation but could not communicate or walk etc throughout, although he could not do any of them i saw signs of him...
  • ndinmt

Spouse of TBI

I didn't know if there were any spouses of TBI patients on here.. but I'm having a really hard time dealing with everything. Its only been 6 months since my fiance's accident and I didn't know if there was anyone out there that I could talk to and just keep up to date with. Its hard not being able to communicate with my best friend. I just didn't know if anyone has any advice please let me know. 
  • My name is Celia and I'm a 21 year old lesbian that was in a car accident at age 16. My girlfriend at the time was 17 and she was drunk driving with me as the passenger. She crashed and died and I was taken to the ICU to be put in an induced coma. I had a really really really traumatic brain injury and when I woke up, I couldn't walk, talk, use my hands, eat on my own, etc. I relearned all of...
  • birgitbee

Brain Injury as teenager - probability of dementia

I have just seen my GP who suggests I might be starting to get signs of dementia due to a brain injury I had when I was 13. I am now 67 and have started to have incidents of being lost for words and forgetfulness. Both things I have never experienced previously. I have a metal plate in the right side of my head due to the brain injury so CT Scans or MRI scans show little due to the metal in the...
  • deleted_user

Dating Somebody with TBI

I've been dating somebody with TBI for about 2 months now. In the beginning, he explained his accident and the long term damage that he received from it which is the inability to multitask, however he was functional in every other way and ready to move on with a stronger outlook on life. I think that he truly believed that at the time. He wasn't ready to find a committed relationship, but after a...
  • Porpoise143

New here...

Hello all. At first I wasn't sure if a group like this existed, but I found it and here I am. I was in a car accident 3.5 weeks ago where a car ran into me going 50 MPH while I was stopped. I didn't break any bones shockingly, but banged my head hard enough to sustain a TBI. It's been a whirlwind of activities since the accident dealing with doctors, obnoxiously annoying insurance adjusters and...
  • Judypie

Being called a liar for my injury

HI, My name is Judy and I am here out of desperation. I was injured to my head and neck by somebody important so my medical is being blocked at every turn. I am being told I am a liar , my symptoms don't exist, all the Ahcccs doctors say there is nothing on my MRI but when I pay cash they do see injury... I don't have the cash to keep paying.. my injury was September of 2014.... There is a...
  • skylar

missed epidural ended up with dural tap

i had a missed epidural on the 15th November to have my daughter and since then I have had numbness on my right hand side of the body which is now subsided. I have severe photophobia cant even handle moonlight or darkness,losing vision with sparks flashes floaters static ripples 24/7 blurred vision and double vision and dots. .apparently my eyes and brain are fine wtf? please help me 
  • jazz86

Having a hard time

Hi guys. Really struggling lately. My life has taken a massive u-turn, work, love life, social life and everything in between. Im a million miles away from everyone I know, I'm depressed, anxious and paranoid. It's just creating a whole new world of problems. I'm giving in. I really can't be bothered to fight anymore. I have tried to take it all away twice and haven't had the balls to finish. But...
  • Adjusting

Keep on keeping on !

giving a shout out to TBI survivors and their spouses . I am entering into a journey with my future husband who has a TBI . praise God today he's willing to do some therapy for the best outcome of our future together ,so I can learn how to support him ! It has been so difficult , frustrating , and stressful not knowing coping mechanisms . I am open to any advice or suggestions or support . It's...
  • Adjusting

Help

My spouse received a TBI from an electrical accident in 2005- he also suffers from PTSD and chronic pain. It's truely a miracle he is alive . He considers himself a professional patient as he deals with therapy over the past 12 yrs. he is in need of a physical & updated assessment . I make the appt for him then he cancels stating his brain injury is in regression and he must regain strength and...
  • Hesetmefree

New here

I just found this site a couple days ago and am glad to have more people to reach out to.I am a mom to a beautfiul 9 year old who recieved a TBI January 10 of 2014. He was playing in his playroom when my friends daughter climbed on our heavy oak bookcase to change out a DVD and sent the bookcase and the TV on top toppling over on to my son. He ended up having a crack in the skull from the left...
  • Adjusting

My future husband has a TBI

My future husband has a TBI -I accidentally stumbled across this site and was astounded to see that similarities to what I live with on a daily basis with his injury .  This weekend he suffered an episode and is in regression and I felt alone neglected and guilty to feel this way.  I was at the end of my rope and started searching the web for my own answers as I've been taking it all too...
  • KPOWERS1

CAREGIVER TO TBI LOVED ONE

HELLO-I have a 23 year old son who suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2012 and after being given back driving privelages was in another horrible car accident in 2014(alcohol related) where he now has severe leg injuries/surgeries that are still ongoing. He is now 23 and is continuing to show very poor decision making and hanging out with drug/alcohol abusers and is doing same behaviors. I am at...
  • tbi1992

Facebook

I survived a TBI in 1992 when I was nine. Nearly 6 years I started a page on Facebook called TBI Support & Awareness. I urge all of you to like it, and join in on the conversations.