Brain Injury Support Group

Traumatic brain injury occurs when a sudden trauma causes brain damage. TBI can result from a closed head injury or a penetrating head injury. Symptoms of a TBI can be mild, moderate, or severe, depending on the extent of the damage to the brain. Outcome can be anything from complete recovery to permanent disability or death. A coma can also affect a child's brain.

1 Online
1 Online
  • My friend had a car accident......he stayed in coma for 2 days and now he has lost his memory.....doctors say his memory will return but we don't know when and how.......what should we do? How can we help him? Will his memory come back?
  • Hello,I want to get some suggestions.My sister fell down 2 years back and suffered TBI. She shows conitive disablity with memory loss. The incident changed the whole family. We are deeply saddened. She was a very bright and cheerful girl, now she is not herself. She is showing slight improvement with our prayers and rehabilitaion therapies. Our insurance cover is about to come to an end. But her...
  • HELLO-I have a 23 year old son who suffered a traumatic brain injury in 2012 and after being given back driving privelages was in another horrible car accident in 2014(alcohol related) where he now has severe leg injuries/surgeries that are still ongoing. He is now 23 and is continuing to show very poor decision making and hanging out with drug/alcohol abusers and is doing same behaviors. I am at...
  • What are your thoughts on it and set up for our group?
  • Hi I would be so grateful to speak to other partners/wives looking after their husbandI have been since Nov 2014 and we have 3 children. I'm so low. S
  • loripearce

NEW TO SITE INTRO

Hello, My name is Lori and I joined this group to meet people and gather strength and advice from people that are in or have been in my situation. In Dec. 2015 my son was involved in a motorcycle accident that left him with severe TBI. We have been at Moss rehab since Feb. and the most recent obstacle we've encountered has been an infection in his CSF caused by a recent placement of a Baclofen...
  • mike12358

Introductions

Good morning, I'm new to your group but not to DSMy name is Michael and am from MN. I just got out of the hospital again and finely am looking into TBI info, copeing and rehab. I am typically on the chronic pain and at times the heat attack group and a couple of other smaller groups.I've been pushing the TBI chain uphill most all of this life. The never ending noise that rages through my head has...
  • tommyhartness

soscial life

Trying to put everything. back together after the accident while still recovering but it's hard to do when your ignored and avoided I don't want anyone's pity trying to start over advice
  • tprcody

Vertical Heterophoria

In reading several recent posts I have seen a common theme of folks describing untreated visual symptoms that developed after their TBI. I experienced something similar and was diagnosed with a condition called Vertical Heterophoria (VH). It is not a well known or frequently recognized condition and is often missed altogether or miss diagnosed as something else; quite often as inner ear related...
  • tommyhartness

brain injury group

Trying to have a social life while recovering from a TBI trying to figure out where to go from here but I have nothing in common with anyone anymore
  • PogoPalOj

I HATE MY BRAIN

I hate my brain tonight. I ran down to the DG for a few groceries. I left Jesse in the car because I had taken my shih-Tzu also. He hardly ever gets to go bye- byes. As I was checking out this man that looked familiar got in line behind me. He asked about Jesse, so he obviously knows about me and he looked so damn familiar! I just don't know who he is, but I know I should know who he is! I...
  • abbysheaffer

New to Group

Hi,I'm new to the group and am struggling right now. I live with bad stabbing and stinging pain primarily in my brain daily amongst other neuropathies, depression, anxiety, and ptsd. I was in a bad vehicle accident at age 16. Now 21 years later, I have been in daily pain for the last 8 years. I just got turned down for ssdi but am appealing because I cannot work like this. I we my pants...
  • Aust

Sorry Ive been absent

Dr referred me to the complex chronic disease lab. Still pretty full on. Dr says no to mri, feels to many tests, scans and xrays of late. Very caring of patients. Seeing so many for different reasons. All so thorough. Has anyone else been through this somewhere?
  • It has been since July 9th with my concussion and i still have very bad headaches and am never without a headache to some degree and still a lot of short term memory loss. Does this get better?
  • goldenorf

Amantadine?

Hello all I'm new here and hopefully can get some support.where to start! I had a TBI 18 month ago and seem to be getting worse over time I have just been diagnosed with post concussion syndrome and asked to take amantadine but I am very wary of tablets as since the TBI all tablets I take seem to have a magnified effect on me i.e. one paracetamol is like taking 4 or 5 and this effect seems to be...