Adoption Support Group

Adoption is the legal act of permanently placing a child with a parent or parents other than the birth parents. Whether you are looking to adopt, putting your child up for adoption, parenting an adopted child, or just thinking about it, this is the place to discuss.

0 Online
  • Lyfe_platinum

The Birth Mother

Last year I made a really bad mistake, one that now, can be marked as I am young and just didn't know any better at the time, and a total accident. Regardless of specifics DFS is not "comfortable" returning my daughter to me. I completed every service, got mental health treatment, stayed sober. Everything they wanted, but my account of the accident doesn't work for them because of what the...
  • hopeful09

Unexpected guardianship/adoption

In a sudden change of family dynamics I am now in the process of obtaining permanant guardianship then later adopting my little cousin. We have started visitations and hopefully can get our home study completed within the next couple of weeks. The final court date is set for late July but I would love to spend more time with him this summer while teachers are on summer break before I have to...
  • deleted_user

The adopted

I am a girl who was adopted 18 years ago. As I have just turned 18, I can now legally and independently seek my birth mother and ask questions about my heritage/medical history, all things she neglected to include on my papers upon my adoption.If you're a birth mother, do you want to be found by your adopted child?How big of a part does nature play when a child is adopted from his or her natural...
  • shelli

Adults we have Question

Adults....... We are asking if you can make a career out of fostering kids? The other shoe at "her" job is about to fall. After 8 years of giving 110% Careers just aren't what they used to be.......
  • shelli

Homestudy.......

yeah we did it, got a homestudy scheduled for April 25. so here's to making my home safer. #releived! #ohhappyday!❤️❤️❤️
  • WHYNOTME42

ADOPTING WHILE MARRIED BUT HUBBY DOESN'T WANT TO

My hubby wants a baby desperately for 11 years but does not want to do anymore fertility treatments or adopt.He wants to be alone and live alone.I want to adopt but can I while still married and hope one day he will accept the child or not?
  • 3scram

adopting

if you was going to adopt a kid from foster care what kinds of things would you want in a kid and what kinds of things would make you not want to adopt the kid?
  • AnxietyGirl

Adopted

I am adopted from Ukraine. This is a sad story and makes me emotional but I will explain it. so when my birth mother was pregnant with me, she drank very heavily, she did a bunch of drugs and crap...but then after she gave birth to me in the hospital, she had to go to another hospital to be treated for tuberculosis and never returned for me, not even birth relatives showed or bothered to visit...
  • morgan_noel33

Feels impossible...

So I work at a hospital where I see babies being born every day.  A lot of these babies are born addicted and the hospital has to contact CPS more often than they should have to.  My husband and I have been struggling with infertility for about 4 years now.  We have looked into adoption but haven't made any moves yet.  Well about 5 months ago I get a call from one of my friends saying her...
  • AngelBabe1986

Adoption meeting

I finally got to a place I feel I am ready to explore adoption. I finally got the courage to bring it up to my husband. He is super supportive just was not sure if he would be okay with adopting which I feel is a process that people that choose that goes through. At least it was in our case. I found an agency to go to for a meeting, and would like to look into adoption from foster care as well as...
  • sunsets1386

Feeling stuck any advice appreciated

I am cross posting this in a couple of groups because it deals with several issues (someone once called me a troll because of this).I was adopted at birth and didn't know much about my biological parents until I was 25, at which age I had stopped seeking out information, grieved the loss of never meeting anyone biologically related to me, and decided to close that chapter of my life. When my half...
  • laurasnewkid

Foster mom needs help!

I am posting on this website because it seems like this is a good place to turn. Laura has lived her life as an advocate for others, she raised a child as a single parent who went off to college and joined the Navy, began foster parenting and over the past 15 years has fostered over 70 children in the RI foster care system!  She even adopted one of the children she had been fostering for many...
  • shelli

KIDS.........

Are you displaced, feel alone with no family? I am a 51 year young lady, whom is trying to adopt. Kids of any age older than 3-21mi casa Su casa, my house your house! I'd love for you to stop in tell me about your day, do some homework, learn things about each other. Perhaps I could be a beacon of light during your desperation.Not finding a forever home I am sure is depressing, so rather than be...
  • sterlinghugh

A Letter To My Mother

All tho we may never meet I constantly wonder if it's the beating of your heart that I remember, if it's you singing softly to me, if it's you who whispers to me in the dark of night. I can almost feel your heartbeatsnow. I can nearly name the song that you sang. I know your voice. I feltloved then... but, you left me and I didn't get to say good-bye. I don'tknow who to grieve, maybe you didn't...
  • Suzbuzz

Confused

I was adopted a few months old.  I am now 49. I wanted to find my biological family when I was about 16. My mum found the letter from the agency and went mad so I left it.When I was in my mid thirties I received a letter from the same agency saying my sister and mother wanted to contact me, they had been searching for me.Sorry I can't continue this post atm I will update it later xI'm new to...