Adoption Support Group

Adoption is the legal act of permanently placing a child with a parent or parents other than the birth parents. Whether you are looking to adopt, putting your child up for adoption, parenting an adopted child, or just thinking about it, this is the place to discuss.

0 Online
  • tryinftobebetter

abandonment issues

I was adopted at age 7 so I knew what was happening. I know this has caused abandonment issues in which I thought I was over. this has caused me to see things that arent. for instance about a month and a half ago I had an affair because o thought I saw my husband getting ready to leave. and now I see that was a lie I told myself. I don't know why I let things bottle up in me. I have forgiven my...
  • briannelewis

Adopting!!!!!

My husband and I just started the presses to adopt threw the state after falling in love with a sibling group we met at the group home.. I am so excited and totally impatient. It can take up to six month before we finally get them. They are 8, 10, and 11 anyone else adopt an older sibling group???
  • 3scram

adopting

if you was going to adopt a kid from foster care what kinds of things would you want in a kid and what kinds of things would make you not want to adopt the kid?
  • Momofgirlsandboy

Angry but shouldn't be??

Hey everyone I'm struggling with being angry at my sons birth mother. My son was removed by the state right before he was 2 months old due to concerns that I won't get into for her privacy. I am in the process of adopting him and hopefully things will be finalized by the end of the year. I have had him since he was removed a little over a year ago. My son has had many many doctor visits, hospital...
  • rmayes72

After 19 years

i didn't know where to go to tell this to or ask if and how someone out there has learned to deal with this. So here is my story. 19 years ago while awaiting for DNA test to be done for my oldest daughter , I was named the father of a 2nd child from the same woman . I wasn't named the father or I wasn't told anything until the very day the birth mother was finalizing an adoption of the baby to...
  • Elliepp

Adoptive Mom

hi, I am a new to this group who 4  weeks ago got a call that a birth mom picked me. A week later I was blessed with a beautifully baby . I am overwhelmed and happy, and am also in an open adoption where all I want is the birth mom to be ok and know everything is going to be fine. While at the same time I want to embrace being a new mom. I was wondering if anyone else is in this same situation...
  • Lyfe_platinum

The Birth Mother

Last year I made a really bad mistake, one that now, can be marked as I am young and just didn't know any better at the time, and a total accident. Regardless of specifics DFS is not "comfortable" returning my daughter to me. I completed every service, got mental health treatment, stayed sober. Everything they wanted, but my account of the accident doesn't work for them because of what the...
  • Camogirl

Looking for help

Hi, im hoping someone can help me out. Im not here for myself im trying to help my boyfriend find information. He was adopted when he was 4 months old but was never told anything about his birth parents except they were drug addicts and alcoholics who gave up 7 other children. He doesnt really have any kind of desire to find the parents but hes interested in finding out medical history and maybe...
  • deleted_user

horror stories

I've been a member of this group for about 15 minutes, and all the adoption stories I've read so far seem so bitter and jaded. As someone who is just starting out the process of becoming an adoptive parent, it's disheartnening to see so many stories about kids who hated their adoptive parents, or who felt incomplete with their adoptive parents. Are there any adoptive kids or parents here who...
  • 3scram

I wish this could happen

https://www.littlethings.com/chase-adoption-story/?utm_source=fbsp&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=19-M-22931
  • shelli

Homestudy.......

yeah we did it, got a homestudy scheduled for April 25. so here's to making my home safer. #releived! #ohhappyday!❤️❤️❤️
  • Seriousnothin

after all these years

Hi, I am a birth Mother. Today has been really hard. When I placed my baby for adoption, I lived with my Grandfather. 8 years later I thought I was doing well until I returned to my Grandfather's house to help him clean his house. Well I went to clean the shower and the sound of the shower and the smell flooded my emotions. The last time I was in that shower was when my milk was coming in after...
  • deleted_user

birth mothers

Is there any birth moms out there. I would love to talk to you. I agve up my daughter 10 years ago. I had 2 boys before and could not afford another child. Lets talk. Linda
  • deleted_user

Found out my Dad is not my biological Dad

To make a long story short, two months ago my parents decided to tell me my dad of 24 years is not my biological Dad. He met my mom when she was three months pregnant with me and fell in love with both of us immediately. My "sperm-doner" and I like to call him, wanted nothing to do with me, so when I was born, I guess technically my Dad adopted me. They decided to tell me due to breast cancer...
  • Saecap

Adoptee

I'm 21. I was adopted when I was 7. I've never once wanted to know my biological parents or even questioned my adopted parents stance on contact. My biological parents were terrible people, am I terrible for not wanting to give them a second chance.