Tinnitus Support Group

Tinnitus, "ringing ears" or ear noise, is a phenomenon of the nervous system connected to the ear, characterised by perception of a ringing, beating or roaring sound with no external source. Tinnitus can be objective (perceived by a clinician) or subjective (perceived only by the patient).

0 Online
0 Online
  • I got a email claiming that listening to their recordings will eliminate my tinnitus and it's supposedly a money back guarantee if it doesn't work.I'm guessing there's some fine print somewhere in the guarantee. They want $67 for the "risk free" trial.Has anyone else tried this type of therapy? Did it work?
  • Makairamason

Help

i am a new tinnitus sufferer, mine is a ringing sound. I can not sleep nor function through the day. I have reached my breaking point
  • Hi to all, I have had Tinnitus since I was a child so have never really known any different. Although a road accident in 2009 has changed my Tinnitus from a constant pitch to a pulsing sound. Most of the time I manage to ignore it but sleeping and in quiet environments it can get quite loud. I've gotten out of bed thinking my house or smoke alarm was going off! Also I can't hear tones or beeps...
  • makenewme

What helps ?

I am 63 yr old male. Tinnitus in my right ear. It probably was caused by years of waxy buildup and subsequent loss of high octave sound perception. Thanks to God, my brain has habituated and for the most part it is less a problem. What do you find that help lower the noise ?For me, allergy med soothes it, as is with alcohol. I began also taking collagen tablets to help my knees and seem to...
  • This has been a very difficult two weeks for me, the worst in a very long time regarding my T. Sorry to be such a pain. My main concern I bring to you folks in this post is this. Do any of you have any ideas what would cause my T to increase so significantly after I fall asleep? The volume definitely increases after I fall asleep and at times such as tonite its 2:00 am. it woke me up soaring...
  • WarriorGal

HISSING

It took a couple of days to put a name on the sound I've been hearing: HISSING.When it started a couple of days ago my first thought to look at the stove and see if a pot was boiling. Then I looked at the washing machine - not running.Tonight I walked over the heat vent to see if i was hearing the heat kick on in the house and that's when I identified the sound as hissing. Then I looked online...
  • Checking back in...short personal history, I got minor tinnitus in 1982 (garage rock band). 20 some years later my tinnitus became severe (loud music at a wedding), so severe to thinking jumping in front of a speeding train was a strong consideration. I lived daily on Daily Strength and other Tinnitus help sites. Where tinnitus was a 9 on a scale of 10 in my life. it's now about a 2 out of 10. I...
  • It's been nearly nine years since the tinnitus took over and clinically ended my life...About a month ago, the sweetest, burly, Detroit slab of needy neglect showed up on my doorstep.She was 60 lbs. of former pit-bull baited needininess..I named her Lita.She had masses of polyps and growths growing out of years from each ear of unchecked injuries and infections.The grim coincidence of this baby...
  • makenewme

Something we CAN do

Friends, something we can do for this condition we suffer from. The scientific community does not recognize this as a disease. Most have learned to live with it and not require treatment. Hence there is no money in treatment or further studies that lead to treatment. It does not have to be that way. The hearing aid white noise machine does not work (at least for me) hence only source of revenue...
  • Ricepaper

Struggling

It's some time since I've been back to this site as after 9 years pretty much had a handle on this screaming T & was managing to deal with it even if only one day at a time.Last week it reached new heights, before it was only in both ears, now it seems to encompass my whole head.is this even possible ? My anxiety has returned & I have moments when I want to be sick. I'm hopeful this is just a...
  • Hello all, hope everyone is doing well. I have had t for about five years now and have pretty much learned to live with it. Honestly gang, that's the only cure. I tried supplements and t vitamins, but that only made expensive urine. Until an actual cure is found don't waste your money. I have found that just accepting and living your life is the best cure. Don't get me wrong, I hate this curse...
  • I am having surgery and very anxious that the stress along with the antibotics and blood thinners after will spike my tinnitus. I have had t for 6 yrs. It spikes and settles. It's very loud in the am...or after naps. Sometimes it goes to a loud hum...but settles. I'm very scared. Dr's claim the surgery should not cause my tinnitus to worsen.
  • DaveMC

Songs of Silence...

I used to love music.Still play a little guitar... Music Therapy.Danced when the spirit struck. But now?What music, songs, sounds do you miss the most?Obviously, Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" hits hard every time.My ITunes is full of soundscaping, meditative, relaxation bullshit...Maybe the Beatles. Jethro Tull. Bob Marley, Vivaldi.My list of "Nevers" grows longer every day.But,...
  • I have tinnitus that is severe at times, but wax and wanes gor 5 yrs. Had all the tests done, no specific reasons for it. Blood test last week revealed I am anemic and essentially no vitimin D. I took my first vitamin D today a large dose. Then 15 min later my tinnitus spiked very high and the volume has contined high all day. Could the vitamin D have possibly caused my tinnitus to spike that...
  • I was just checking around and came across this treatment option, was wondering if anyone has tried it? I have been trying acupuncture lately and it seems to have zero effect.I wish that I had the courage to try the claritin-d24 and st johns wort combo that I tried awhile back that seemed to have an effect on the tinnitus. It was a strange trip though.