Tinnitus Support Group

Tinnitus, "ringing ears" or ear noise, is a phenomenon of the nervous system connected to the ear, characterised by perception of a ringing, beating or roaring sound with no external source. Tinnitus can be objective (perceived by a clinician) or subjective (perceived only by the patient).

0 Online
  • hw14

Tinnitus Peace Android App

Hello, Here's a working link to the android application posted before:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hw.tinnitus.peaceAs a tinnitus sufferer for two years now, falling asleep is extremely hard. This app helps me sleep and relax. Do follow the instructions provided in the above link.Best.
  • WarriorGal

I have offially decided that I indeed have HISSING tinitis. For a long time, I kept looking for where the nose was coming from. It sounds like an old fashioned radiator like the kind in old inner city apartments. Like steam coming out of a valve.I kept looking and looking and since I live in a condo with another unit above me. I can hear their plumbing. I hear when they flush and when they are...
  • Has anyone had any experience with this doctor?  http://advancedrejuvenation.us/other-services/ear-therapies/My friend is suffering with her ears and I don't know if I should recommend this person. 
  • Hi everyone,About 6 months ago I moved into a new home. I was very rundown by the time I had moved to the new place and within the first month I got quite ill. I was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and chronic sinusitis. So I finally gave in and got a whole stack of medication including antibiotics, antihistamines and whatever else the doctor prescribed. Great, so about a week...
  • makenewme

Something we CAN do

Friends, something we can do for this condition we suffer from. The scientific community does not recognize this as a disease. Most have learned to live with it and not require treatment. Hence there is no money in treatment or further studies that lead to treatment. It does not have to be that way. The hearing aid white noise machine does not work (at least for me) hence only source of revenue...
  • WarriorGal

Does sleep effect your tinitis?

I know for some of you, your tinitis inteferes with your sleeping...but what i am asking is are your symptoms worse when you are tired and less when you are well rested? 
  • cachetteen1

very good article

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety/symptoms/ringing-in-the-ears.shtmlhope this is helpful to someone xox
  • WarriorGal

What else do you have?

I am wondering about cmorbidity in those of us with tinitis.In medicine, comorbidity is the presence of one or more additional diseases or disorders co-occurring with (that is, concomitant or concurrent with) a primary disease or disorder; in the countable sense of the term, a comorbidity (plural comorbidities) is each additional disorder or disease. The additional disorder may be...
  • Makairamason

i am a new tinnitus sufferer, mine is a ringing sound. I can not sleep nor function through the day. I have reached my breaking point 
  • I got a email claiming that listening to their recordings will eliminate my tinnitus and it's supposedly a money back guarantee if it doesn't work.I'm guessing there's some fine print somewhere in the guarantee. They want $67 for the "risk free" trial.Has anyone else tried this type of therapy? Did it work?
  • Hi to all, I have had Tinnitus since I was a child so have never really known any different. Although a road accident in 2009 has changed my Tinnitus from a constant pitch to a pulsing sound. Most of the time I manage to ignore it but sleeping and in quiet environments it can get quite loud. I've gotten out of bed thinking my house or smoke alarm was going off! Also I can't hear tones or beeps...
  • makenewme

What helps ?

I am 63 yr old male. Tinnitus in my right ear. It probably was caused by years of waxy buildup and subsequent loss of high octave sound perception. Thanks to God, my brain has habituated and for the most part it is less a problem. What do you find that help lower the noise ?For me, allergy med soothes it, as is with alcohol. I began also taking collagen tablets to help my knees and seem to...
  • luucinda

T increases after sleep?

This has been a very difficult two weeks for me, the worst in a very long time regarding my T. Sorry to be such a pain. My main concern I bring to you folks in this post is this. Do any of you have any ideas what would cause my T to increase so significantly after I fall asleep? The volume definitely increases after I fall asleep and at times such as tonite its 2:00 am. it woke me up soaring...
  • WarriorGal

It took a couple of days to put a name on the sound I've been hearing: HISSING.When it started a couple of days ago my first thought to look at the stove and see if a pot was boiling. Then I looked at the washing machine - not running.Tonight I walked over the heat vent to see if i was hearing the heat kick on in the house and that's when I identified the sound as hissing. Then I looked online...
  • JohnK

Severe Tinnitus Much Better

Checking back in...short personal history, I got minor tinnitus in 1982 (garage rock band). 20 some years later my tinnitus became severe (loud music at a wedding), so severe to thinking jumping in front of a speeding train was a strong consideration. I lived daily on Daily Strength and other Tinnitus help sites. Where tinnitus was a 9 on a scale of 10 in my life. it's now about a 2 out of 10. I...