Stillbirth Support Group

This community is dedicated to those who have been impacted by a stillbirth. A stillbirth occurs when a fetus which has died in the uterus, during labor, or during delivery exits a woman's body. For help and support, share your experiences and learn how others coped. Don't forget that you are not alone.

0 Online
  • amschi

How Could This Happen

On February 1,2017 I went to my doctors office for my routine ultrasound and stress Test. Everything looked perfect. Then on February 6, 2017 (at 37 weeks, 5 days) I went in for another ultrasound and stress Test. This time, my baby girl had no heart beat. It felt like my whole world at just stopped. On February 7 at 615pm she came into and left the world. My boyfriend and I named her Scarlett...
  • 3AHalo1

Struggling Relationship

I am new to this group but I lost my son at 31 weeks 5 days into my pregnancy and delivered him in August. Everything about life has been difficult since. The thing I am struggling with the most right now is my relationship with my husband. We have always been very good at communicating and through our loss we did a great job at being there for one another. Now, though there is constant tension...
  • motherofthemoon

Guilt

I lost my baby girl at 40weeks. At my 40 weeks appointment she was fine. Three days later I called the OB because I hadn't felt her move all day. They had me come in and there was no heartbeat. I was taken to the hospital and induced. After giving birth they found the cord wrapped around her neck very tight. This is what killed my baby.I feel it's all my falt she is dead. I think about it almost...
  • ROED

Insurer pay child death benefits for stillbirth?

My baby boy was stillborn at 30 weeks.  Although my state, Illinois, requires a burial after 20 weeks, neither my insurer (Cigna) or my fiance's (Minnesota Life) would pay out the child death benefits.  They required the child to be born breathing (I've heard that other policies won't pay out for 14 days!).  The reason why we paid into the policy was for assistance in the burial costs. I'm...
  • MissingMyAngel24

My Angel's Due Date Coming Up

Tomorrow is my baby's due date, January 30th, 2017.  It's definitely hard because I can't help thinking that my baby girl should still be here.  I spent a lot of time this morning replaying what happened the day she passed about 6 weeks ago on December 18, 2016. At my last prenatal appointment, about 2 weeks prior to her passing, I told my doctor that I had been experiencing soreness in my...
  • sccobb

Dedicating a Bible

My husband and I would like to dedicate a bible from our Lutheran Church in our daughter's name. I am having difficulty coming up with the words to inscribe. Due to our mixed faiths, we chose to cremate Stella and rather than hold a formal ceremony, we celebrated her on All Saints Day. The bible will sit in our family pew and be utilized by the immediate family (parents, sisters, and brother)....
  • braysmommy

Sad to be here

I gave birth to my sleeping boy this week at 33 weeks and 3 days. He was moving perfectly all morning, then just stopped. His heart stopped. Going through labor knowing he was not alive was the hardest thing I've ever done. My pregnancy was perfect and uncomplicated, and there's no answer as to what happened to my baby boy. I'm empty, broken, hurting, and so lost. I stumbled upon this group and...
  • CarsonsGifts

Carson's Gifts - 5th Angelversary

I haven't been on here for a couple years now and even when I came onto this site I never posted much, but the posts I read helped me through my journey. This year as my Carson's 5th angelvesary arrives, I decided I wanted to give something back to the community that helped me through the first rough months after losing my son. I wrote and published Carson's story a year after we lost him due to...
  • MissingMyAngel24

Feeling Guilty

I lost my baby girl almost two months ago on December 18th, 2016.  I was 33 weeks and 6 days pregnant. I'm having the hardest time accepting that my baby is gone and I constantly blame myself.  I believe that if my fiancé and I had gotten to the hospital sooner my baby would be here right now with us. I cry every day. My fiancé has been very supportive but me being sad all the time is taking...
  • kbutler31

Cord Accident

January 10, 2017, at 35 weeks, and 4 days at 6:40pm I gave birth to a perfect 6lb 1oz baby boy. I had went in the night before because I had noticed decreased movement and could not find the heartbeat on our Doppler at home. My husband reassured me everything was fine but we knew neither of us would sleep well if we didn't go up to the hospital and hear the heartbeat. I was panicked and shaking...
  • meganann

Looking for support

I lost my baby 3 months ago. She was full term and had no heartbeat when i went into labor. I am in a horrible depression. I don't really know what to do and I'm just trying to find some support. Hoping to get better. 
  • meganann

How many kids do you have?

I was just wondering what you do when someone asks you if you have kids or how many? I want to include my baby but I also don't want to explain. I just feel like I'm being a bad mom by not including my baby.
  • itorres

Angel Baby

On January 17th my water broke at 21 weeks 5 days pregnant. My doctor warned us it would most likely happen but it didn't make it happening any less scary. I had been on bedrest for the prior two weeks due to a funneling cervix which later turned into a dilated cervix with the chorion(outer amniotic sac) coming down through the cervix. Our plan of action was to be placed on bed rest in the...
  • jodeeschaefer

Feeling lost

Hi everyone,I came to this group because I'm having a very hard time dealing with my baby's death. I delivered my baby, Levi on 11-4-16. I was 34 weeks pregnant. I had 2 miscarriages before this pregnancy so we were so excited when we made it past the 13 week mark. Everything went surprisingly well this whole pregnancy. I was feeling great and everything was looking good on my ultrasounds. There...
  • angelitoJ

need help on navigating pregnancy after stillbirth

Hi Everyone,I am new here. This past sunday marked my babie's first Angelversary. I chose not to TTC for an entire year as my act of mourning in honor of my beautiful baby born sleeping in 2015. It has been the worst year of my life and I miss him deeply each and every day but I am so glad I held off to mourn and grive the loss of my son. We lost him at 31 weeks, he was perfectly formed and it...