Step Families Support Group

Traditionally, a stepfamily is the family one acquires when a parent enters a new marriage, whether the parent was widowed or divorced. This community is focused on many of the relationships and issues that may arise within stepfamilies where you may find answers from some members and you may help other members with their questions.

0 Online
  • Cutebomb

crushes

Is it normal to have a crush on a step brother? I've only felt this way lately and just wanting to know if it's normal or if I'm just not knowing what I'm feeling. 
  • SeptWedding

Sudden single parent

So the wedding went really well and my little stepdaughter and I have always done well together. We love each other so much. My husband's ex isn't really horrible just strange. She knows her daughter is better living with us and she talks to the little girl every night which works well. The problem is my husband's new job.  He's a regional sales rep which means he's on the road most of the week...
  • Jetts

Still can't connect

I've been with my husband for 3 years, we've been married almost 2 years. His 2 daughters live with us full time, as does my daughter. We recently had a new baby together. The issue is, I really don't feel connected to my 2 step daughters. I feel a little resentful because he works a lot so their care is mostly on me. My daughter also seems really unhappy and annoyed by them. I don't feel like I...
  • Silentstepmom

Advice for a new step mom

Hello, I am 26 years old and I am new to the step mom role. I have been with my fiance for four years and I wanted to take it slow at the beginning, he introduced his daughter too quickly in the past and I did not want to be known as "another girlfriend" to her. It took two years for me to step in and become a part of her life and she has never really connected with me. At times it feels like we...
  • Runnerf22

Anyone else feel the same?

Hi. This is my first time in a support group but thought I would give it a try. I have been with my husband for 10 years - married for seven. He is a pretty good step-dad to my daughters. I honestly do not like his son. He drives me bonkers. He is 11 years old but has social and emotional issues. He annoys me constantly ugh!! He has the always "right" syndrome and argues about anything and...
  • FamilyReff

Favoritism in a blended family

I'm new to this site and this is my first time posting anything but after searching on the internet for hours this is the only thing I can find that I hope helps me. I have been married a year-and-a-half but living together for three and a half years. I have three step children and two biological children. One step-son I have never met, then two girls and 2 boys. My husband openly favors the...
  • AnnadeAcosta

Support for Stepmoms

Hi all,I just started a group here especially for stepmoms, if you're interested join me :)https://www.dailystrength.org/group/stepmom-support-groupAnna de Acosta
  • wallkat4

Almost ten years and nothing has changed...

So I am reaching out to anyone that will listen and offer some kind of support or tough love. IDK if I am being selfish or too emotional or if I need to be more upset! So the cliffs note version of my story is this: Husband jumps to every whim from ex wife of almost ten years now. In the beginning, I was more understanding...now I feel just plain dumb. Im the door mat. She is allowed to text,...
  • knitwit

I am the favourite Gramma

I have no bio children, but hubby had a daughter when we got married. She now has a 5, 3 & almost 1yr old. The oldest is a beautiful little girl, and I am her favourite gramma. Is it bad that I am secretly loving that fact?My step-daughter & I have had a rocky relationship in the past, but we mostly seem to have gotten past that. Her mom still does not like me & makes no effort at all, not even...
  • lafferty3393

Advice for the Young

I am new to this online support group. Right now, I am in need of advice. I have been with my husband for three years now and of course he was a package deal with two beautiful children. My husband supports me and we work as a team when it comes to the children. Unfortunately, he was a package deal aka the ex-wife. I tried to introduce myself after my husband and I started dating, but she wasn't...
  • Gypsy0922

Stepmom to 2

I'm not sure if this is the support group for me, but I figured I would give it a shot.  I'm 32yo, married for 9 months (been with DH - dear husband - for 2 years).  I have a 6yo step-daughter (SD) and 3 yo step-son (SS).  Bio-mom (BM) has primary residence of the children while BM and DH have shared custody.  BM moved children 3 hours away from DH during the divorce, and DH has a visitation...
  • IAmReallyAMermaid

Trying to blend a family that... just won't....

Hello, I am new to the support online group, and I am here to find support for a number of things, but the main thing, and to be blunt, I get annoyed with my boyfriend's daughter whom I will call on here 6. Now before you think I am just a mean person that doesnt want to put in any effort, let me tell you a little about me and my situation. I am in my mid 20s, I have 2 kids a daughter 7 and a...
  • Ines5

Over confident ex wife issues

Good Morning to you all.  I am new to the online support group community, but I look forward to gaining and offering support. I will be a step mother in 6 months to my finance’s son once we're married. My relationship with his son is great and no cause of complaints. The issues I have, are with the ex-wife and they continue to resurface and come with greater demands. They were married for 3...
  • terric

No hope

My husband and I have been married for 3 years and have known each other for 5 years.  I have a 12 year old step son.  The visitation schedule is every other weekend and every Tuesday night.   His mother lives 15 miles away.   My husband does all of the transportation and all of the sports practices.  The schedule changes constantly, based on sports or if his mother has something going...
  • terric

No Hope

My husband and I have been married for 3 years and have known each other for 5 years.  I have a 12 year old step son.  The visitation schedule is every other weekend and every Tuesday night.   His mother lives 15 miles away.   My husband does all of the transportation and all of the sports practices.  The schedule changes constantly, based on sports or if his mother has something going...