Physical & Emotional Abuse Support Group

Abuse is a general term for the treatment of someone that causes some kind of harm (to the abused person, to the abusers themselves, or to someone else) that is unlawful or wrongful. No one deserves abuse, period. Abuse can be emotional, physical, or sexual.

4 Online
  • loras123

Is it too late?

I posted in the divorce group and was told I needed counseling and I should come over here!  Now, I feel self conscious. I left my abusive husband about six months ago after 16yrs and one 13yr old daughter.  Verbal abuse and emotional abuse started pretty early on and some physical abuse soon after. Physical abuse, pushing, throwing me on the floor, threatening to punch, about once a year to...
  • paradiselost

Emotionally abusive mother

I'm a 20 years old, and I have been dealing with a more than dysfunctional relationship with my mother for the most part of 8 years now. I used to think it was a teenage phase and my mother's controlling personality would wane when I moved away to university, but that didn't happen unfortunately.When I was 13 I got involved with 'emo' people and self-harm - I was a silly child, there wasn't...
  • deleted_user

Does Karma Pay Back The Narcissist

Hi there, had this article from Melanie Tonia Evans,Sorry I cannot put a link to it. I've spent many hours pondering sweet revenge on my ex, and had I have been a lot lot younger I may well have done so, but I've learnt not to lower myself anymore, for any revenge action to them isn't seen as revenge action..just attention... so it's a pointless exercise... Today I simply smile at the fact that I...
  • rastafairytail

How did it come to this?

I'm curious to know how other survivors have gone through the mess of trying to process everything that occurred within their relationships? I've been stuck for a long time trying to prove to him how his treatment of me; the cheating, the lies the name calling, the yelling, the discard, the threats, intimidation and so on, have been contributing factors to ways I've responded to him when he's...
  • Haironfire

Emotional confrontation turned physical

Hello, I really don't want to make this too long. Soo sorry. my guy and I of 2 years broke up about 2 months ago due to my jealous issues, and extreme insecurities. He said we could work it out if I could prove to him that I could try to change. However, we still live together because we're both on lease. Neither of us can/could afford to live on our own. I do love him, and I thought things were...
  • BothsidesBroken

It's legally done. Fully divorced in one week

No kidding. Filed papers last Wednesday. Court was yesterday. On Valentine's. She did all the forms with waivers to appear. We had no real money or property to worry about. No minor children. I'm free of that shit. Talked to clerk earlier. Copies of the decree went out today.
  • rastafairytail

Hello, I'm new.

I came here for support because it has been very difficult to lean on friends and family. My partner became verbally and emotionally abusive after our child was born, I have moved out more times than I'd like to admit. Control is very important to him. Publicly he is a likable person and I feel like I am the only person he treats with such obvious contempt. I'm having a hard time not feeling...
  • darkangel316

Am I being emotionally abused?

Ok, so currently i live alone with my mother. I am 16 and have depression, PTSD, anxiety, and an eating disorder. So this is why I am coming to you, because I do not know if what i am experiencing is just my mental issues or if it is truly child abuse. Ok so my mom is a very nice person and she does do a lot for me. Provide me with a phone, wifi, clothes, food, shelter and has done a lot for me...
  • h.e.a.l.

Questions around abusers who can kill

I'm always talking aboutabusers who strangle(choke, smother, suffocateor otherwise threaten avictim's air supply).Here's why:CBS News October 31, 201416 questions used to ID domestic abuse victims likely to be killed     Research has found that men who choked their partners were 10 times more likely to eventually kill them.That explains question number 5 - "Has he/she ever tried to choke...
  • cee.cee7225

Is it real?

I believe I have been involved in an emotionally abusive relationship. It is not verbally abusive as in name calling. But it is abusive in demeaning, belittling, discrediting, blaming, accusing, false accusations, lack of acknowledging my feels, invalidating, and constant regurgitating of the same negative things over and over again. I have gone through hours upon hours of listening to how bad,...
  • cedarshake

#Maybe He Doesn't Hit You

I am 28 years old women with a university education with a double major and a minor with distinction. I am smart, curious, fun loving, laugh easily.  Before I met my abusive partner I considered myself extremely independent.  I lived in my van, had a good paying job, followed my dreams. I travelled around the world, living day by day with big dreams for the future.  I have no dark secrets, I...
  • Rachel613

Moving On?

I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for three years, and it's been about seven months since it ended. I recently started dating again and met someone I really liked. The new guy broke up with me, and all I can keep thinking about is every negative thing my ex ever said. It feels like confirmation of those things. That I'm boring and stupid, that I really will be alone forever. I keep...
  • StrengthAndDignity

Need Advice for Moving Forward

After 28 years of marriage, I have finally stopped denying that my husband has been emotionally abusive. This past year has been the one that tipped me over the edge in recognizing that. My husband initially left our home in October after his second psychiatric hospitalization within six months, but came back. At that point, I walked out because I did not feel safe in my own home with him. It was...
  • pooja902

Need help

Hi folks,A guy and I were in a relationship for more than 5 years. We were in deep love and attached to each other emotionally and mentally. I had an abortion of our 5 months old fetus 4 years ago because we did not think that was the right time of having a baby. I was mentally disturbed and not in a normal mental state due to the trauma. We started living together soon after then. Everything...
  • settingboundaries

Any safe space from trauma in Trumplandia?

I've found nothing but support in this group so I am trusting to have the following discussion. But if you're prone to name calling (libtard, snowflake etc), this post isn't for you. I'm wondering, in the current political climate, with the gas lighting, lies and manipulating mind games, are there any other abuse survivors who are having a hard time coping with this administration?  Like any...