Physical & Emotional Abuse Support Group

Abuse is a general term for the treatment of someone that causes some kind of harm (to the abused person, to the abusers themselves, or to someone else) that is unlawful or wrongful. No one deserves abuse, period. Abuse can be emotional, physical, or sexual.

2 Online
  • upsetandunhappy

is this considered psychological abuse?

my husband of 6 1/2 years has been emotionally abusive for the past 3 years. before that the marriage was great. There are many things that he does that constitute emotional/psychological abuse, but I want to focus on one thing that he started doing that upsets me extremely-- forcing me to move/throw out/get rid of my things. He is a chronic 'declutterer', focusing on getting rid of my things but...
  • deleted_user

no intimacy

I need someone to talk to.... i have been in a relationship for over 4 years and i know we love each other, but there hasnt been any intimacy in over a year. my boyfriend has been to the doctor and sufferes from ED and low testosterone. he really hasnt tried any treatment, he started the testosterone cream but stopped using it. i have talked to him sooo much about how i feel, but him not taking...
  • cee.cee7225

Is it real?

I believe I have been involved in an emotionally abusive relationship. It is not verbally abusive as in name calling. But it is abusive in demeaning, belittling, discrediting, blaming, accusing, false accusations, lack of acknowledging my feels, invalidating, and constant regurgitating of the same negative things over and over again. I have gone through hours upon hours of listening to how bad,...
  • blueraincoat123

How to cope w partner wanting more intimacy TW

Hi. Last night my girlfriend broke down and cried and said that I am not intimate enough with her and while it's possible this is her insecurity, she said, it still hurts her and makes her feel rejected. She explained that this is not a sexual intimacy she is seeking, per se, but a physical one (hugging, cuddling). I want so badly to do this. I love her. TWBut when she reaches over and touches...
  • TiinyC

So glad I've found this site!

Hi guys, I'm new to this site and I just wanted to say I'm so happy I've found somewhere where I can actually talk about what I'm currently going through! I was a member on another DV site, but apparently it was for survivors and I am currently not a survivor, I just really wanted someone to talk to about it all and vent my anger and frustration of my day to day struggle with what I'm going...
  • L12212

3 years away

so its been 3 years since i got away from my abusive ex, the only problem is she lives round the corner from me, things are really starting to get to me i did not report what happened to me as i didnt think it was worth the hassle i am deeply regretting it now and not sure what i can still do or if i can in fact do anything at all. this woman ruined me and changed me into a person im not sure i...
  • BothsidesBroken

Emotionally abusive wife's birthday

I want to wish her good one, see her with cake and card, because I'm sure no one else will because no one ever has before.What do I do? Just stay away? I'm afraid if I do I'll make a stupid mistake and wind up back in harm's wayPlease send me good thoughts
  • IleneW

Ilene's Clarifying Index Card Exercise

I developed the Index Card Exercise for myself andnow assigns it as homework, to my coaching clients:Buy several packs of index cards.You will write individual itemsthat fall into one of two categories----- ONE ITEM PER CARD. One category will be things that represent larger categories of abuse. . . . . such as: calls me ugly names tells me to forget the past retaliates with the silent...
  • TopSecret092

I don't know how to walk away..

I got pregnaht and had a baby with a man I hadn't been seeing for long.. Well things took a turn for the worse when I was pregnant... He never laid his hands on me but he made me miserable my whole pregnancy. He was there for me when it was needed but he broke up with me every week, would take it back then do it all over again. He always made me feel worthless and bad about myself.. He use to...
  • Givinchy

Abusive manipulation

I hope this is ok to post in this forum.  My on and off ex of about 4 years was never physically or verbally abusive to me.  Looking back, however, I very much believe he was emotionally manipulative to the point of abuse.  I am still far from out of the woods emotionally separating from him, and after making a post in the breakup forum was suggested to also check out this group.My ex and I...
  • BothsidesBroken

My story. Am I in the right place?

Married 18, very nearly 19 years.Mostly separated for a year.Told "I don't want you here" and "I don't need you here" and "you're an inconvenience to have here" multiple times throughout the year. That's all been in 2016, while I've been living with my parents, to help with Mom, all but most weekends when if go back "home." That was usually followed soon by "could you come fix... Sweety?" and...
  • Monkey10

Past abuse affecting current relationships

I was with my abuser for only 6 months, but they were intense. I was only good for sex and paying for things. He would get so defensive and angry if I even tried to bring up how I was feeling. There was a lot of name calling and very mean this said through the whole relationship. At one point he claimto have people watching me and had pictures of me. I never really dealt with the abuse...
  • lrh15

Scared...

I’m scared to death of him. He’s threatened to destroy everything I’ve worked hard to obtain- my job, my relationships with friends and family, twice. He has told me I’m fucked up and that I’ll die alone. He’s told me that working out won’t help if I eat snacks. He’s made me feel bad about going out with friends without him. He’s told me that HE WILL meet my parents this year, I...
  • lobo36

Advice and no Judgement please.

I dont even know how to start off. My boyfriend and I havent been together long but for our entire 8 month relationship we have lived together. I have learned so much about my boyfriend by living together and I love him so much, and this is where it gets tricky. Every day we seem to have what seems to me a little argument that escalates to me thinking he's going to break up with me and I will be...
  • Highvox1

Any tips would be appreciated......

I've finally come to realize (maybe I've known for a long time) that my husband is emotionally abusive. We have been married for over 15 years, and have a 12 yearold....and I really don't know what to do - at this time, I am choosing not to leave him for a variety of reasons - but most of which might be that I feel very strongly about trying to keep my son in a two parent household, I think that...