Physical & Emotional Abuse Support Group

Abuse is a general term for the treatment of someone that causes some kind of harm (to the abused person, to the abusers themselves, or to someone else) that is unlawful or wrongful. No one deserves abuse, period. Abuse can be emotional, physical, or sexual.

0 Online
  • lrhunter

I know this isn't healthy...

I've been in a relationship for 2 1/2 years. We started out great. There was nothing he wouldn't do for me. After about a year things changed. Our relationship went more to an ownership.He started checking my phone log, text messages, social media, checking to see where I am 24/7 and basically moved in even though it was something we never even discussed. And I swear he has gps on me some kind...
  • This is a long story so pleas bear with me...My ex and I have now been broken up for over a year. We dated for almost 3. This was my first lesbain relationship. It all started back in school...I became attracted to her when she was just my friend and roommate. I informed her and another friend of my sexuality which was extremely hard for me to do because I didn't really accept it in myself...
  • IleneW

Ilene's Clarifying Index Card Exercise

I developed the Index Card Exercise for myself andnow assigns it as homework, to my coaching clients:Buy several packs of index cards.You will write individual itemsthat fall into one of two categories----- ONE ITEM PER CARD. One category will be things that represent larger categories of abuse. . . . . such as: calls me ugly names tells me to forget the past retaliates with the silent...
  • wildrose88

Is it emotional abuse?

Hello I would appreciate some opinions to know if I am in an emotionally abusive relationship. I have been married just over four years. We have two children together and two I had prior to meeting him. Throughout most of our time together I have felt unwanted, unloved, unattractive and like I am the worst person. Now I'll be honest I have struggled with extremely low self esteem my whole life,...
  • JustJenny

To stay or go....what is better for my daughter...

A brief history...I have been married for a little under 3 years, I am 41 my DH is 42 and we have a two year old daughter.Yes there have always been signs of verbal abuse, some days are great and others are pretty bad.I am in finally a place where I am seriously thinking of leaving him....he was previously married (with no kids) his marriage lasted for just about 2.5 years before she left him...
  • Allergies79

I'm not sure...confused...

Hi,I'm new here and this is my second post. I posted in an emotional abuse group, but I dont think anyone looks there...I hope you don't mind me posting this again, but I'm really looking for some support/advice and I'm not even sure if I belong here. I'm trying to make sense of my husbands behaviour and I'm not sure if what he is doing is classified as "abuse". It doesn't seem as bad as some of...
  • LostShadow

Will it end someday ?

Hello ! I'm new to this group.I hesitated a lot before posting my story but..Now I can't keep it for myself, It's too much.I would like to add a few details before I start.-It was a lesbian relationship, so..Sorry if it shocks anyone.-It was a long-distance relationship....And it's safer that way, because I'm pretty sure she could have been physically abusive.-English isn't my first language, but...
  • mokohoko1

When is it considered verbal...

I grew up with a mom who was verbally abusive (I was always too chunky). And after MANY MANY years, I forgave her and moved on. She tries it with my kids and I shut that shit down. NO WAY. NEVER. I've been with my partner 10 years...and I guess I've just gotten used to how she talks. As I grow older, it's becoming bothersome. Telling me to "not be so stupid" (but she reiterates she didnt CALL me...
  • bendcat

Hello I am New

Hello I am new here..my husband is verbal abuse to me a lot it is just getting to me know it seems..we been married for 24 years...He is allways bringing me down and saying not nice things to me like one time he said I think I made a mistake in picking you to marry me,,and before he used to say I was the best of who he married he has been marred twice before me. That really hurt inside deep..
  • eleanor9922

Best guy except when angry

My husband and I have been married almost 10 years, with a 4 year old and another baby on the way. He's funny, sweet, supports me, helps around the house, great guy. But little things trigger fights that get nasty...long story short we battled secondary infertility and took 2 years and IVF to get pregnant again. My husband will be the first to tell you he handled it poorly. Turned to drinking,...
  • AngelWingsPeace

"Child" of abuse, with decisions to make.

I've never been a part of a forum like this one before so sorry if I'm doing it wrong! I'm hesitant to post because I really don't want any judgement lol So please be nice! I'm gonna tell you about my life real fast and then I have a question.  So, I've been living in a very verbally and emotionally abusive home since, well, forever. You know how that is. My dad was the abuser, and I didn't...
  • rivermcinnis

New to group

HiI am new to the group and Im trying to get my head around a few things that have happened of late.I had been in a year long relationsihp with, who I thought was the one. A really charming and funny guy, having went on holiday together, I took ill the first night with bacterial meningitis and spend 6 weeks in intensive care. Following this, everhything was rosy in the relationship, however, when...
  • OllieTree

"Fixing" Them

This is something that's been roiling in my mind lately. This happened more than a month ago. I can't remember what they were fighting over. It must have been over my mom's habitual criticisms and insults towards my dad. He exploded and they got into a huge fight over what amounted to nothing at all. My mom would admit no wrong because my dad was being violent; she refused to speak to him,...
  • henryreilly

can anything be done from outside?

I have a 30 something family member with 6 biological children and 3 step children that is being extremely abusive verbally and likely in other ways.He totally doesn't even get that his wife has sent 2 of her daughters to live with their biological father because of the abuse. His youngest son became so unmanageable that he has been sent to live with his mother (he was inappropriately touching...
  • MyTrueColors

h.e.a.l.

h.e.a.l./IleneW asked me to post this on her behalf.She is currently unable to respond for the moment, but is working to be able to get back on.