Physical & Emotional Abuse Support Group

Abuse is a general term for the treatment of someone that causes some kind of harm (to the abused person, to the abusers themselves, or to someone else) that is unlawful or wrongful. No one deserves abuse, period. Abuse can be emotional, physical, or sexual.

1 Online
1 Online
  • Hello my DS friends!I have not been posting in a while. Sometimes I have to take a break but my story is seemingly never ending because I have a child with my ex abuser. I am long gone from him. He is in another state in prison. SMH. I stopped talking to him for years because I believed he abused my daughter when she was a baby.lthough, he is locked up for messing with an underage girl, I still...
  • Things got really bad again a few months ago. He started with paranoia. Blaming me for things that didn't exist... He wanted to pay me off to file for divorce. That way I was the bad guy filing for divorce. He just knew I was having an affair. Wanted to track my car. When that didn't work. I didn't cave and admit an affair, he decided my affair was with a woman and I must be ashamed to admit it....
  • Hello, again! According to my last post, it has been about 7 months since I've visited this group... And I'm thrilled to say, it has been a year of no contact with my past abuser! I'm doing a lot better, though I am still in the healing process and still experience times of self doubt and inadequacy. I find that writing really helps me get my feelings out, and I thought I'd share something I...
  • MTC

MyTrueColors Here

Hi everyone! I had to make a new profile in order to get on. But, unfortunately, I am still having the same sign in problems with my new 'alter ego.' However, it now appears that MyTrueColors' sign in issues are fixed (fingers crossed anyway). Except they are still signing us out several times a day instead of letting us stay signed in forever like they used to.I've been playing around on...
  • Cut-and-Paste post from tooday's Wolf's Daily HowlGreetings Readers and Posters ----I said Thursday I'd talk more about injury, over the weekend. I'm going to shift sideways, slightly, and talk about Couples Counseling in the context of an intervention for an abusive relationship.[1] Couples counseling are trained to start from the presumption of an even playing field, which of course, is not the...
  • Danae22

I don't know what to do.

Feeling completely lost and numb right now. I just found out last night that my mother in law to be has been lying to her entire family and saying that I verbally attack her whenever we are alone with each other, which is not true. I knew that she wasn't approving of my relationship with her son but I just didn't expect that she could do such a thing. I've been with my boyfriend for two years and...
  • First I'd like to thank EVERYONE who had sent a reply to my last post (20yr marriage...) They were all helpful as well as just KNOWING someone WAS listening, & "I'M REALLY NOT THE CRAZY ONE"! I've been checking into the Guided Imagery & started a vision board! Even the "thoughts & prayers" felt good to hear! When I am able to get onto the site w/out him lookin over my shoulder, I don't want to...
  • Hello everyone. I am new to this site, I've been searching...I wasn't quite sure where to post what I'm SO confused, lonely & afraid of. I posted on "lonliness" & had a reply letting me know there was also support groups for being in an abusive relationship, & found this one. I've been married for 20yrs. for the past 10+ I've been slowly, seeing a different man, than the one I'd married, I've...
  • nobodygirl

Blame

Hello everyone, this is kind of a vent/rant.I've been in therapy for a while now, and this week when I went, I realized that my mother, sometimes my dad, and one of my ex-friends love to point the finger and blame me for everything that has happened to me. I realize that I am responsible for my actions, and I'm not playing the victim at all, but I feel like their blame isn't really helpful.For...
  • The divorce proceedings are underway, and stbx is waiting till the last legal minute to do everything. I thought he'd be out by July 1 (a date my lawyer came up with), but that date has come and gone. I was hoping by my birthday (July 17) nope. Short of proving abuse (there is emotional and financial) I need to find ways to get him out now, as I will go insane shortly. His power over me is...
  • I haven't posted for a while because I couldn't access my profile. I am in the process of going through a lawyer to negotiate a legal separation.We were married 20 years, the first 10 he was all kinds of abusive, the last 10 he was emotionally/phyiscally/financially so. Extremely controlling. He wouldn't let me work or go back to school...now he doesn't want to pay support & his lawyer is saying...
  • TheDreamer

Emotional abuse?

My ex would punish me. For instance, I asked him to tell me more of what he liked about me non-sexually & he took it to the extreme & just stopped sharing his sexual thoughts with me. After I brought this to his attention he'd get really upset and tell me he was holding back in that area and it was to teach me the lesson of being careful about what I ask for...another example would be when he...
  • Laladontplay

Mr. Arrogant

I'm so done with his bs. Having to endure 30 minute preaching sessions about how amazingly smart and astute he is and how awful I am is breaking me. Apparently he can "be a d**k because of extenuating circumstances". Which means he can treat me how he pleases when I go against him in any way. I have tried to give in and say "fine, you're right, I'm sorry" but nope that makes him mad too. I can't...
  • jstanicegirl

struggling today

I know I am doing the right thing, but my head feels like a jumbled mess sometimes. I can totally see him for what he is and how he has treated me. Why does it bother me so that he is out there on the prowl again? He will do this to her as he has done to every woman. He is nothing special...I see that now but he will charm his way into someone thinking they have just found the best thing ever....
  • I need to think this through; this is a predicament I hoped I wouldn't have at such an advanced age. Denny's verbally abusive tirades are getting much worse, longer, closer together. He goes over lines he didn't cross when were were young and things were so bad. “Cunt”, “whore”, “stupid bitch”, “fat ass”, “fat gut” were some of the...