Physical & Emotional Abuse Support Group

Abuse is a general term for the treatment of someone that causes some kind of harm (to the abused person, to the abusers themselves, or to someone else) that is unlawful or wrongful. No one deserves abuse, period. Abuse can be emotional, physical, or sexual.

2 Online
2 Online
  • Hello everyone. I am new to this site, I've been searching...I wasn't quite sure where to post what I'm SO confused, lonely & afraid of. I posted on "lonliness" & had a reply letting me know there was also support groups for being in an abusive relationship, & found this one. I've been married for 20yrs. for the past 10+ I've been slowly, seeing a different man, than the one I'd married, I've...
  • Laladontplay

Mr. Arrogant

I'm so done with his bs. Having to endure 30 minute preaching sessions about how amazingly smart and astute he is and how awful I am is breaking me. Apparently he can "be a d**k because of extenuating circumstances". Which means he can treat me how he pleases when I go against him in any way. I have tried to give in and say "fine, you're right, I'm sorry" but nope that makes him mad too. I can't...
  • jstanicegirl

struggling today

I know I am doing the right thing, but my head feels like a jumbled mess sometimes. I can totally see him for what he is and how he has treated me. Why does it bother me so that he is out there on the prowl again? He will do this to her as he has done to every woman. He is nothing special...I see that now but he will charm his way into someone thinking they have just found the best thing ever....
  • I need to think this through; this is a predicament I hoped I wouldn't have at such an advanced age. Denny's verbally abusive tirades are getting much worse, longer, closer together. He goes over lines he didn't cross when were were young and things were so bad. “Cunt”, “whore”, “stupid bitch”, “fat ass”, “fat gut” were some of the...
  • mdavis108

Can it change?

just celebrated my 5th wedding anniversary at the beginning of June. Most days things are wonderful...(mind you I am a lesbian and we share two children together). We can still laugh together and encourage one another but there has always been a part of my spouse I just can't wrap my head around. More often than not every other word that comes out of her mouth is a swear word. She seems to not...
  • Haven't been on here in a while. I was with my emotionally, verbally, emotionally abusive ex for nearly four years. I finally made him move out back in March. To say I haven't gone no contact would be an understatement. I fell for him telling me how much he loved me and wanted to make it work and have kept a semi relationship going since then. It was in secret as my family wants desperately for...
  • My ex bf would verbally abuse me, then it turned physical. I was with him for 4 years, he has held a knife to my neck, raped me twice, choked me, dragged me, pushed me to the floor when I was pregnant, forced me to have abortions, manipulated me, punched my stomach when I was pregnant, and more. I finally stood up to him one day and got away from that relationship, but hes my babydaddy now....
  • Abusers suck the life out of us physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually. As long as we focus on them, we aren't focusing on ourselves. Whatever our circumstances, it's REALLY important to practice self-love and self-care.That's really hard because we are brainwashed into believing we are unlovable & that we don't deserve to be loved, respected or cared for. How do we get past that?We...
  • HeIsMean

I stay..

He punches me in the head. I stay.. He calls me vile names.. I stay. When will I be able to walk away?
  • I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I wanted to know if anyone in here has had similar experiences or if anyone thinks this is as insidiuous as I do. As well as overt and covert things that have happened to me along the way... many times I really do think it is the insidiuous things which have had the most impact. The barely detectable incidents which cut much deeper, difficult for...
  • h.e.a.l.

Disappearing responses

Again, for the second time this week, I posted a response (to "What exactly is emotional abuse?"). After I hit send, it appeared "published" on the page. Then I navigated away and came back to find that it's not there. I suspect it may reappear at some point, as did my response earlier this week. But. . . there you go. This "upgrade" has been a frustrating fiasco. What I just said is to...
  • maryjan

Court Judgement

How fun that after my divorce has been final for 12 years, I received a court judgement about an old account with my ex. This is now on my credit report and affecting my credit! I was indemnified from the account on our final judgment in divorce! Some of you might remember that this creditor was chasing me and I had legal advice saying that since I was indemnifid to let them take me to court. ...
  • Hello!Just found this site and is writing on the train to work. The reason I even looked for a site to write/talk on is that the thoughts inside my head have been spinning around for quite some time. I need input from other people. Not family or close friends that give the obvious answers. They don't help me a lot.I'm trying to figure out my situation, married since 1.5 years and together with my...
  • Hi I haven't been on here for a while because me and my BF have been slowly parting ways. I changed and stopped pandering to him and also started sticking up for myself. The thing is yesterday my parents came to visit and gave me a beautiful ring for my birthday. He came over later and all he could say was horrible things about them like 'they are just sucking up to you'. 'Are you going to...
  • MorganBlack

Hi

Hi everyone. I havent been on this website in a very long time. Its certainly changed! I have a lot on my mind. Some of you may have never seen me here before, and perhaps some of you may remember me from many years ago. Either way I hope you are all welll. I wish I was.It seems that no matter what I do it is never enough. I seemed to have displeased someone yet again when in fact that only thing...