Physical & Emotional Abuse Support Group

Abuse is a general term for the treatment of someone that causes some kind of harm (to the abused person, to the abusers themselves, or to someone else) that is unlawful or wrongful. No one deserves abuse, period. Abuse can be emotional, physical, or sexual.

6 Online
  • megmarie87

Need advice please help !!

i have been in a relationship with the guy i'm with for almost 2 years and we have had our ups and downs but we still stay together. Lately things have been getting worse and worse we are always arguing and he seems to get mad at every thing i do and is always accusing me of cheating even though i've always been faithful  i have a lot of stuff going on in my life besides what is going on with...
  • JoGrin

Mom's love attacks once again

Well, my mom left this room 10 minutes ago trying to hug me and apologize for an hour of calling me fat and ugly and drugaddict. For the record, she's morbidly obese, I'm just a little bit overweighted, a little bit of tummy and legs, that's it; I don't particularly like dressing up, I just wear jeans, cartooned shirts and a borrowed jacket from my boyfriend and my hair is messy, as it always has...
  • sunnyjax

So he thought I worked as a hooker….

I cant believe how upset I am. So it seems he was told by someone where we met ( at a dance) that I was a working girl and worked as a prostitute. So our whole time together he has had this niggling thought that he was with a whore. It makes so much sense with his treatment of me, the rapes, the weird getting off me during sex and just going to work, the abuse, the disrespect, the treatment of...
  • YouGonnaEatThat

I don't even know..

So, I have been staring at multiple posts in multiple groups over the past few days trying to figure out exaclty where this would fit because I feel like it would fit in 20 other groups but I guess I will try it out here first.My fiance and I have been together almost 3 years, engaged for over 1, after meeting on an online chat site. He was in the military and stationed in another state but...
  • idunno1

Will it happen again?

If my boyfriend has A tendendacy to smash the things he gifts me when drinking on several occations (phone-laptop) and most recently tried choking me when I wouldn't let him in the bedroom. While he was choking me I sweeked out "Please don't make me do this"! He slowly let go and backed off. I am by no means A weak woman at all. I told him if he ever layed A finger on me again in the wrong way he...
  • scarysanity

I have known for awhile...

I have known for awhile that my husband of 6 years is verbally and emotionally abusive.  I am currently on vacation, and about an hour ago, he verbally attacked me.  Calling me nasty names.  Telling me how worthless I am.  How I am the most horrible person on earth. I downloaded a voice recorder to my phone so that I could catch what he's doing or rather saying. After just 6 years, I am ready...
  • tynee5511

Terrible

Together for 6 years and he never trust me always accuse me said that basically I'm a whore and he knows that I have slept around never has he had evidence of this or have I ever shown or displayed this the feeling is so hurtful to be put in a category called something that you are not at this point I don't know how to move forward with how I feel or understand how I stayed with someone for so...
  • simplymebp

Talk

Friends?? Wanna talk??
  • Well I did it. I went back for a few weeks. Went back knowing he was seeing someone else. Went back even though deep down I knew it was wrong. I want so desperately to believe this man loves me. I want so desperately for him to acknowledge his part and tell me that this was not all my fault as he claims it was.  I went back knowing he was with me one night and her the next. She does not know....
  • My ex and I broke up,got back together and its still the same old crap from him.  I've been forbidden to talk to my parents, other recovery sites to name just a couple.  It was okay until he bought a book for me to read on intense rubber bondage.  I told him I can't handle the book and he just says thats crap.  I'm just been used as something he would normally have to pay for.  He's over 3...
  • stuckinthemiddle

Finally reaching out

I have never actually dealt with what happens to me in the past. I have always pushed it out and it seems to creep back in. When I was younger my family was part of an apostolic Pentecostal church. So whatever the pastor said was okay. I have always thought I was selfish for thinking my issues were bigger than hers so I've tried to put it behind me. She was sexually abused and I was physically...
  • CruelWorld5000

Tired of feeling this way

I think my biggest problem these days is the terrible self-esteem I've developed since leaving my husband/abuser. Deep down i still believe all the things he told me. I feel like trash. Like someone's garbage. I hurt so badly deep within my heart, I'm afraid I'll never be the same again or able to connect with other people ever again. Im terrified of opening myself up, yet I crave connection more...
  • simplymebp

Question....

Do you consider yourself a victim or a survivor? Or perhaps a mix of both? Is it possible to be both?
  • Snailfish

New to group and really confused

I just got out of a 4 1/2 year relationship, that started out really good and ended with her telling me I was abusing her. I don't want to hurt or abuse anyone. How she says I abused her is I was working on her house, she would text me in the morning when she was awake and ready to work, I would work all day then I would stop at about 5:00 pm and be ready to go home. I would tell her I needed to...
  • Just the facts: Married 23 years, arrested him once, left/went back 6 times, 3 children under 19.  He had me right were he wanted me.  Completely dependent on him, while serving him as his personal life attendant.  He is the typical military general with control issues, the one you are not allowed to be upset with - absolutely no talking back.  My entire marriage was a struggle to stay...