Parents Whose children have been sexually abused Community Group

This group is for parents whose children have been sexually abused. We welcome both Mothers and Fathers. Here, we can offer support to one another. We can vent, cry and lift each other up. No condemning or criticizing allowed. We are here for support. We LOVE (((HUGS))) !

0 Online
  • Naive1.2

If your child discloses while young...

...please begin learning all you can about drug abuse prevention. When your child is 23 at time of disclosure, having shortly before that disclosed that she has become addicted to opioids, almost overnight you realize you live in a war zone. You're standing in a single battlefield, but fighting two potentially unwinnable wars.My daughter took her first drink at age 8, during the year she was...
  • hopefulmama

Thanksgiving and Christmas

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday,turkey my favorite food.We use to spend it with my in laws and last year was the first year for just the 3of us.This year we are suppose to go to my neices house with my mom,brothers,about 10 of us.But my daughter is not doing well so I am cancelling Thanksgiving,it will just be the 3 of us.This is the first holiday since my dad passed and I was so looking...
  • hopefulmama

A little good news

Another tough week,daughter had her psychiatrist appointment on Monday,refused to go in so the doctor rescheduled. My husband finally got our van going,bypass this to make that work,do this to make the other work,thank God he is a gifted mechanic.We are at least 1month behind on bills and don't pay them until we get the shut off notice.We ordered 2gifts from QVC for my daughter so we could take...
  • hopefulmama

I am in tears!

I don't know what to do,this healthcare thing is going to be the death of me I applied for insurance for my daughter through the marketplace,they must kick her back to CHIP ( children's health insurance of Pennsylvania),anyone qualifies no matter your income,you pay based on income.Well I got a notice today that she does not qualify for chip because she has private insurance. We purchased...
  • warriormomx5

"Touch is his love language."

Okay guys... I know this is going to bug you as much as it's bugging me but I do want to make it clear that what I'm sharing is not as Extreme as most of what we've gone through on this website. I'm just venting to somebody who understands why I'm so frustrated! We just recently completed my kids drama production and we had to deal with a 14 year old child who had impulse-control issues as well...
  • Naive1.2

Why you need a therapist of your own

PARENTS of survivor children need professional mental health care TOO because: 1.) You deserve a local, compassionate, objective listener who understands that disclosure is just the beginning of a very long journey for parents. You deserve to have a listener who is prepared to devote almost a whole hour every week just to hearing you out, and helping you to connect your thoughts, and helping you...
  • Ashafer7210

split in two

So on November 2nd my 5yr old son informed me that his older brother (half brother and my son) has been sexually abusing him for the past 6 months. He told me all the places and times its happened and then I called my mother freaking out and she told me that two years ago my neice had told her mom that he had done the same thing to her. I couldnt beleive what i was hearing i lost it on my mom and...
  • warriormomx5

Halloween...2014- forever October triggers!

3 years ago today my oldest son needed to go to the hospital for liver failure/dehydration complications due to chemo/cancer treatment.  We had a newborn baby and based upon how long the process of admittance normally took (1-2 hours) and based on the time and day it was (Halloween & after dinner) we decided to have the 3 middle kids go to our good friend's home to be safe and keep them from...
  • Bandmom5

RESOURCES -- all in one place

Here are the links to the resource lists so they are all in one place, and so just one topic needs to be bumped up for newcomers...Points to Consider: http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/parents-whose-children-have-been-sexually-abused/discussions/messages/16772624Books: http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/parents-whose-children-have-been-sexually-abused/discussions/messages/16772686Websites:...
  • lotus1978f

I am going to share our story

It's been almost two years since disclosure.  I'm still thinking about it a LOT.  Now that my kiddo has started school again and I sit at the bus stop every afternoon, I have to see the freaking ex-babysitter and her pedophile boyfriend bringing her kids home from their school.  I believe there are a lot of grey areas when it comes to a matter of decisions and topics.  This situation,...
  • maDeLo

Move= Fresh Start

So we have moved from our home in TN to Oklahoma because well the Army told us too. My husband doesn't want to inform anyone at our new location about our situation but I feel it needs to be shared with her teacher and other authority figures at school just in case something should come up. I don't know what to do. My daughter and I also had a chat before we left TN and I found out that she is...
  • hopefulmama

Affordable health Care,HA!

We pay $361 a month just for my daughter and today I get a notice that it will be increasing to $512 in January! Also co pays went up by $10.Now I have to face my daughter not having any coverage and starting all over again,healthcare in this country sucks,so does mental health Care providers,waiting times to get an appointment is months and a child in crisis has to wait days for a bed!I am...
  • Brokenmother

Triggered

So my husband was arrested in December last year for abusing my daughter he was her step dad and he was released on bond a month ago. He's awaiting a trial for a mandatory minimum of 25 years. A condition of his bail is that he doesn't have any contact with us direct or indirect. Well he's worked his way around that and messaged my daughter best friend. Of course she screenshot everything he said...
  • Trish74

Devestated

Hello I am new here and been reading for almost a month now. I guess I am finally able to post. I found out Aug 7th this year when detectives nocked on door with search warrant and that my babies boy 12 and daughter 10 made some allegations about my soon to be ex husband. Talking about being in denial and thinking that their biological father put them up to it to obtain costudy. Needles to say...
  • warriormomx5

Monster kid's BIO mom contacted me!

She said she is worried about her kids because of the bruises, untreated rash and possible partial deafness she saw in them!  She contacted CPS, the police, etc. up where she lives...they were visiting...but they left pretty quickly and her parents (monster dad's sister & husband) don't believe that she has any reason to worry about the monster children being safe.  She's desperate to do...