Parents Whose children have been sexually abused Community Group

This group is for parents whose children have been sexually abused. We welcome both Mothers and Fathers. Here, we can offer support to one another. We can vent, cry and lift each other up. No condemning or criticizing allowed. We are here for support. We LOVE (((HUGS))) !

0 Online
  • musicmommy

One year out - update and hope

hi everyone,A few days ago marks the 1 year anniversary of the worst day of my life. I am filled with relief and hope. I had no idea I would feel so grateful, and, at the same time, still very sad. A year ago my 7 yo daughter woke me up from a dead sleep with her abuser sleeping next to me in bed, and said, "Mommy, *** touched my vagina. Why would he do that?". I felt like I was in a dream. I...
  • Brokenmother

Grief

So tonight, I'm grieving my marriage. For some reason listening to all "our" songs. I wish I could talk to my husband and ask him why he did this to us. I've been thinking of writing him a letter but I don't know if that's a good idea given the ongoing court case. I want him to know how much I hurt, how much my daughter hurts. I want him to know that I don't sleep, that I cry everyday, that I...
  • Emerald87

More confused then ever

I have posted my story in here my 2 daughter's 10 and 12 are saying my husband of 11 years has been touching them while I'm at work. I want to believe my kids it has already been reported and is being investigated. He has been moved out of the house and no longer has contact with all 3 of our kids. My confusion comes because he wants to take a polygraph test to prove that he didn't do this I...
  • ashley73

So much confusion.....

Just going to get this all out. I am at a place of desperation and confusion. I am a year out from my children's disclosures. Case open and closed, therapist seen, etc. I've done everything I can think of to help my children if something did occur at the hands of their father - the potential perpetrator. I have stayed with him due to the overwhelming fear of leaving and of him having...
  • crybaby

hi

Only just found you guys.........I read a few posts and I cried and cried and cried and cried........every-thing you are saying relates to how I am feeling........my daughter disclosed 2 years ago, she was only 4 years old, it was her own biological father....  consistentently over a considerable period of time. We confronted him....panic shock disbeleif total breakdown....he dienied...
  • hopefulmama

Miralax lawsuit

I just read that there are allegations of harm to children who are taking Miralax,when my daughter was 7or so she had constipation problems and was on Miralax for years,The allegation is that it is causing all kinds of problems including OCD,anxiety,anger issues.My daughter was also hospitalized due to severe constipation and pumped full of Miralax for 3 days.This could explain all those...
  • Emerald87

My life been turned upside down

It was recently discovered the man I have been sharing my life with for the past 11 years has been sexually abusing 2 of my children. My life has been flipped upside down and feel I have lost my control and my faith. I am still trying to process everything. My daughter's have told about the abuse and he is still asking what he can do to get me to stay. I am not staying I feel this is my fault...
  • Naive1.2

Why you need a therapist of your own

PARENTS of survivor children need professional mental health care TOO because: 1.) You deserve a local, compassionate, objective listener who understands that disclosure is just the beginning of a very long journey for parents. You deserve to have a listener who is prepared to devote almost a whole hour every week just to hearing you out, and helping you to connect your thoughts, and helping you...
  • ashley73

A year later......

First of all , this is going to be long and all over the place and probably full of spelling mistakes - why doesn't Daily Strength have spell check?!!! So I apologize in advance!One year ago is when my children (4 and 7 now) disclosed some disturbing things about their father, my husband. One year ago today I was waiting on DHS to show up because I filed a report. I didn't leave the home, because...
  • warriormomx5

Watching the PERPS describe "Christian" marriage

So I've been motivated to do a lot of cleaning out this weekend and I came across a bag that had a whole bunch of stuff from the year that my son first went to the hospital for cancer. In it I found a pamphlet of the church that the perps used to go to and as I was reading through it was talking about a marriage Retreat and that reminded me of the video that they had participated in to talk about...
  • Eeyore

Moving on

So I've done it !  I've told hubby I'm leaving him in two weeks and I've got a house to move into on my own. I've still got to have the conversation with my 18 year old son about whether he is staying here or coming with me. (He's away on holiday at the moment which is why I've done it now ) so he cried and cried some more asked me to stay or if there was anything he could do to make me stay. I...
  • Bandmom5

RESOURCES -- all in one place

Here are the links to the resource lists so they are all in one place, and so just one topic needs to be bumped up for newcomers...Points to Consider: http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/parents-whose-children-have-been-sexually-abused/discussions/messages/16772624Books: http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/parents-whose-children-have-been-sexually-abused/discussions/messages/16772686Websites:...
  • Brokenmother

Hi everyone

So I've resigned myself to the fact this could take years to resolve and that it's all just completely out of my control. I've taken ending my life off the table as I could never do that to my kids especially as my daughter would blame herself. So I'm asking now how do I move on? I still think about it everyday. I'm still depressed, I'm not the same person I was. I have been told by a couple of...
  • FakeFruit

No. Go. Tell.

So, this past weekend was the lesson in my daughter's sex ed class on sexual abuse. I didn't sit in on the lesson but I was nearby enough to gather that the gist of it was having the kids all shout: "No. Go. Tell." I suppose that it's helpful, but I couldn't help but feel like it was very trivialized in comparison to what my daughter has been through.OTOH, even though I had discussed bad touches...
  • Eeyore

A new chapter but so scared

So most of you know my story daughter 27 disclosed hubby of 21 years had abused her when she was a teen.(her step dad and he is denies everything)That was 5 weeks ago wow that time has gone so slow. I still live with my husband and yes I believe my daughter but have been torn between the two lives. So it'd recently been looking at new houses to move to and yesterday saw something perfect but it's...