Parents Whose children have been sexually abused Community Group

This group is for parents whose children have been sexually abused. We welcome both Mothers and Fathers. Here, we can offer support to one another. We can vent, cry and lift each other up. No condemning or criticizing allowed. We are here for support. We LOVE (((HUGS))) !

2 Online
  • Tina0517

Continue or Discontinue therapy for my child?

We are at the beginning or maybe in the middle of the process of recovery with our little girl. Her outry was 7 months ago and she turned 4 years recently. She is in an avoiding phase now. Abuse occurred roughly for a year maybe once a months when she was 2 1/2 - 3 1\2 yrs old. I am wondering how things evolve. It is just so hard to see the little one isn't well and I cannot really help. Her...
  • hopefulmama

Craving normalcy

I long for the days of deciding to do something and then doing it.Now I have to see if my daughter is having a good day,see if the place we want to go has any triggers,make sure we even have the money to go after paying all her copays.We always did stuff in the summer,go to the pool, the local church carnival,cook outs with family.i now have to work around 4 appointments a week,meds, and...
  • Brokenmother

Different person

I feel like a totally different person now. I'm a nurse and have always loved taking care of people and had a huge amount of empathy. Now I can't see beyond myself. When I see people post things on Facebook like, worst week of my life, water heater blew up and lost my job, I think you don't even know what a bad day is. I wonder if my sense of compassion will ever come back. I feel like a terrible...
  • warriormomx5

TRIGGERS

Lately my daughters had so many triggers and I'm starting to watch her literally unravel before my eyes. In the last couple weeks I had decided that I'm going to start trying to get my life back in order and that included to get my body back to normal and lose some of my ice cream weight  (I'm sure you guys get what I'm saying!), but for some reason a lot of what I've been doing lately has been...
  • hopefulmama

I said the unthinkable

In a way I blame my husband for the abuse at the hands of his nephew and last night I said it to him.The abuse happened at my in-laws home,always,there was a bedroom turned into a playroom/spare room and that is where the kids played.There was a TV,video games,beanbag chairs in there.The door was closed,always,because of the noise from the video games and kids playing.It was the first bedroom off...
  • Brokenmother

Drama

So, I found out through a mutual friend that my "husband" has been telling people that he's in jail awaiting trial on misdomeaner drug charges. When in fact it's first degree child sexual abuse. Obviously I got upset and I told my best friend who still is connected to him on Facebook so she has posted screen shots on his page of where I sent her a pictures of his charges. Well the pictures had my...
  • lonelyandunsure

CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES DRAMA

after reporting the abuse hours after my child disclosed. two months later i'm dealing with Child and Family services ..... ARGHHHH ...... i wanna scream ! i finally get in a good place and they come and add more stress! i get why so many cases of family sexual abuse are NOT reported. People you just meet become very intrusive and judgmental. I'm talking about child and family services! like...
  • momtea5

Hard night

Tonight I am having a really hard night.  It is our wedding anniversary!  My daughter's disclosure is still pretty new (feb 23, 2017).  My husband, her father had been sexually assulting her for the last 6 months. She is doing well, praise Jesus.  But today I am not OK.  I am grieving the loss of my best friend and my husband.  I feel so alone and sad tonight.  I know that is just my...
  • musicmommy

Know anyone still married to a perpetrator?

Maybe there are some people in this forum that are still married to or in relationships with the person who abused their child. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. Im struggling with the thought because, although I turned in my ex husband upon disclosure, I still spoke with him after and caught a ton of criticism because of it. One person in my family who was most critical was,...
  • hopefulmama

In a perfect world

I found out today that my daughter's best friend's dad was in jail for domestic violence.My daughter just said he use to hit his daughter,don't know about his wife.I know these people,somewhat,from girl scouts.My daughter has been friends with this girl for about a year now.My daughter did say that sometimes the parents fight and it scares her a little.This is where my daughter is staying on the...
  • overthinker

Guilt trip

So I have mentioned that my daughter just disclosed last summer about her cousin molesting her 5 years ago and she is now 18 and does not want anything said, so his family has no idea and he doesn't think anyone else knows.   Since she is an adult I feel that it is her story to tell not mine so I have honored her wishes although I think it needs to come out.  You can imagine how hard that has...
  • hopefulmama

Mesothelioma

My father was diagnosed today with mesothelioma,he has 2months to live.My daughter is a mess but I had to tell her now the soften the blow,I want her to be over the shock so she can say a proper goodbye.She is not in a good place right now and she is a thread away from inpatient. 
  • warriormomx5

DISSOCIATION to cope with flashbacks!

Hi everybody! This has been a very long last two weeks as all of my children seem to have all the sudden had all these extreme episodes of PTSD again. Yesterday my 13 year old had about four to five hour of a breakdown healing crying in sharing a whole bunch of bad stuff that has happened to him and emotions. Of course that triggered my other kids who all again in turn had their own breakdowns....
  • RoughDiamond

DCS case close to closing HELP

For months, my 3 year old daughter had frequent diaper rashes and irritation. She started to act terrified during baths and diaper changes begging me to please not hurt her pee pee. I thought maybe just the water was hurting her, but she started to say daddy hurt me when I bathed her. I still thought maybe he cleaned her too rough. (We have been living separately for a year although technically...
  • Naive1.2

For a different kind of "sandwich generation"

Many of my wonderful friends here are now at the "sandwich generation" age -- taking care of both older parents and tending to the needs of children who have been sexually abused. In addition, many here suffered abuse from those older parents, and now face difficult decisions about what they owe their parents in their later years. I came across two really great articles this morning that address...