Parents Whose children have been sexually abused Community Group

This group is for parents whose children have been sexually abused. We welcome both Mothers and Fathers. Here, we can offer support to one another. We can vent, cry and lift each other up. No condemning or criticizing allowed. We are here for support. We LOVE (((HUGS))) !

0 Online
  • tryingmama

My little guy

Not sure where to start so I'll just dive right in. Just found out this past week that my 5 year old son was rapped by his 16 year old male cousin. My sons father an I are not together so my son goes back and forth between houses. My sons cousins lives with his dad. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole situation. This week has been nothing but interviews exams and sadness. I can't...
  • Brokenmother

One year later

Hi, I wanted to post, for myself, for advice and for some kind of encouragement for others. It's coming up this month to 1 year since my daughter's disclosure. I don't know if any of you remember my first posts on here but I was literally on the brink of suicide. I had a plan, I had the means, more than once I had started the process. If you had asked me where I'd be this time this year I would...
  • Momof3Love

Daughter molested by half brother

looking for any advice/experience with this situation. My husband and I have 3 children together, 3, 2, and 9 months. He has a 13 yr old son from a previous relationship. Mother's Day weekend my 3 (and a half) yr old daughter peed herself all over the kitchen floor. Shortly after she disclosed to us that she didn't want to have to touch her brothers penis anymore. Over the course of the next week...
  • hopefulmama

Need info on EMDR

Could someone please tell me specifics on EMDR? I need to find a therapist for my daughter but I know nothing about how it works,so I really don't know what questions to ask
  • hopefulmama

Needs some ideas

I am in needs of some brainstorming.i recently started working and I thought I had care for my daughter all worked out,she is 13.But things fell through.my daughter can't stay home alone and I am having trouble finding somewhere for her to go.Hiring someone is not worth me working,camp is way too expensive.I can't believe there is no care for her age group.I know it is unusual but what about...
  • annh0970

Hell just got worse

I have been posting an update on the situation my grandson told me about on the fourth of July. My oldest daughter has made her rounds to every family member, i am feeling some distance from certain family members.My 13 year old had her interview with the forensic psychologist last week. I talked to the interviewer afterward and she said they couldn't conclude whether it happened or it didn't....
  • hopefulmama

Does your estranged family try to contact you?

It's coming up on a year since we cut my in-laws out if our lives.My mother in law has sent messages through my husband's oldest daughter for invitations to family dinners,birthday wishes ect.Did nit send my daughter or myself a bday card but sent one to my husband about how bad she felt that she has failed him and how hurt she was,blah,blah,blah.A couple months ago his dad called and left a...
  • musicmommy

How do you deal with your anger?

Hi everyone,i recently went back to seeing my therapist again because I am having symptoms of ptsd. I know this is fairly typical. One thing I am having major trouble with is the amount of anger I am feeling. It has been almost 18 months since disclosure, but I didn't feel this angry until recently. I can't get over how furious I am at my ex for what he did not only to my daughter but also how...
  • Hangingon

Venting and feeling low

My daughters had a counseling appointment yesterday. During the appointment, the counselor had me come in and it was discussed that one daughter's stomach gets upset often and usually when she's about to do something new, there's a new change etc. The counselor talked to her about some things she could do about her nervous stomach like: meditation, mindfulness, breathing excercises, focusing on...
  • 13yearslater

A Poem I wrote recently to family members

Please STOPPleaseStop sending me cheery invitations That advertise the privilege of your innocenceCheery invitations that ask me to pretend That life remained as it was when I woke one morningInnocent to wrongs So personalSo unthinkableThat will never be unseen in my brain That shattered MY innocence and MY privilege Before that bedtimePlease STOPPleaseSTOP sending me cheery invitations that...
  • warriormomx5

PINWORMS & early PUBERTY...unrelated...TMI?

This is either the 2nd or 3rd time since disclosure that my daughter has had pinworm.  My boys don't seem to get it so I'm not sure where It's coming from exactly?  Her personal hygiene, like with most abuse Victim's, is far from stellar.  Her room goes through cycles of clean because I cleaned it to trashpit within days and has to wait until I have time to clean it again (a 4-5 hour process!)...
  • heartsadx3

Counting Down

Our trip is next week.  It's hard to get excited to go back to the place of so much pain and knowing the people who caused it are there.  I worry mostly for my kids because I don't want to cause an upset if we should run into them (perp and my mom).  They still struggle to grasp what was done and why we can't see them.  I still struggle to explain it.  Especially as my daughter does not have...
  • annh0970

Feeling lost

A few days ago my 8 year old grandson came to me and said my 13 year old had told him my oldest daughters boyfriend had touched her inappropriately. I told him we needed to talk to his mom(my daughter). We had a small fourth of July celebration and i didn't want to ruin it. My grandson told her about what her sister said on the way home. To make a long story short my oldest daughter did not...
  • Tina0517

Self care for mommy

what do you do and how do you try to take care of yourself, when your child discloses more and new things about the abuse?Today was again a day, where I got to know more, what happened to my child. I am feeling so sad and heart broken.In the process of outcry and healing I got very isolated with no social network (we moved to another state for being close to family, where abuse happened and so we...
  • ashley73

What to make of this?!

This happened a couple of days ago. It upset me so much and took me right back to disclosures. Same sick feeling in my stomach. Same fear and dread feeling. And sadness. Such sadness. Without telling my entire story over, I am still living with my husband who my children both made disclosures (1 each) about and whom I called DHS on a little more than a year and a half ago. Case was open and...