Parents Whose children have been sexually abused Community Group

This group is for parents whose children have been sexually abused. We welcome both Mothers and Fathers. Here, we can offer support to one another. We can vent, cry and lift each other up. No condemning or criticizing allowed. We are here for support. We LOVE (((HUGS))) !

3 Online
  • After my pity party last week I feel better,dare I say my daughter has had a few good days,her counseling session on Friday was a real success.We are in full Christmas shopping mode.Anyway I need some input,my daughters birthday is January 24th,she will be 13.In the past I had big plans for her 13th. We have always done big birthday,invited all of her friends and did different things,one year I...
  • virgogirl914

New here

A little about myself and our family's situation:  I'm a 47 year old mom.  I teach child development courses at a local community college.  I have been married for nearly 10 years to my current husband.  I was married previously for 15 years and from that marriage I have three children (now almost 26, 18, and almost 16).  From his previous marriage/relationships, my husband has six children...
  • hopefulmama

Our case is closed

OK what does that mean?It's over and nothing will happen to him? Not to sound ignorant but I want to make sure I understand this,no counseling,nothing?I missed the call from the detective and he left a message that he thought someone called us and the case was closed by the juvenile prosecutors office.H e apologized.I don't think my sister in law knows this because her attorney advised her not to...
  • why

Christian having God problem since abuse

If any of y'all are Christians, you'll probably understand. It's not possible to quickly summarize the situation in such a way that would give a complete picture, but here are a few pieces:I found out in 2007, after separating from my husband and during thr final stages of our divorce, that he (the father of all four of our children) had sexually abused at least two of them.We were living in...
  • Brokenmother

Legal representation

Arrest is imminent in our case as I have found out it has been passed over to the Marshalls service to execute the warrant the beginning of this week. In my previous post another mother expressed that she wished she had retained legal representation. I would like to know if any of you have your own lawyer and how do I go about getting one for my daughter. I would like to be represented at the...
  • I missed church today,mostly because its very windy,cold and I was tired this morning.I try to watch something religious based when I miss Sunday mornings.So I was watching Joyce Meyers,I really do love her and watch her often.The message partly was about forgiveness.She told her story about being sexually abused by her father and to make a long story short she forgave him and was actually his...
  • Mom2Sami

Many faces of abuse.

This is my first entry and I have to admit I feel encouraged to find a community suffering the same pain as me and my family. For a year, my 19 daughter has been in therapy for depression, anxiety and self-harm. After issues with over medication,  she managed to have some good days and other days continued to be heart wrenching! Then in September she found the courage to admit my husband, her...
  • Brokenmother

We got the call

If any of you read my previous post earlier this week I was ready to give up. I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't think it could get any worse. Well, we got the call, an arrest warrant was issued yesterday for criminal sexual conduct with a child under the age of 11 years old. That's a 25 year to life mandatory minimum sentence in the state where the assaults occurred. I cried with relief, it's...
  • hopefulmama

Having a bad day

I'm just tired,im tired of doing this,dealing with my daughter's depression,i am tired of looking for things that I have to put away so she can't get to them.She said last night she is sad her childhood was taken from her,she said she has no good memories because the bad ones get in the way.We have her IEP meeting next week and she is worried she won't qualify and will have to do homeschool.S he...
  • I wanted to share my most recent email to our supportive friends and family.  It covers a LOT of what we've been struggling through since disclosure. "There are times in our lives when we truly wonder what God is working through a situation...right now, this is one of those times. We had been told that both criminal cases, the one against the parents & the one against the other children, had...
  • hopefulmama

Abuser not coming for Christmas

If you guys don't remember my daughters abuser lives in another state,I have been contemplating writing his mother a letter to basically tell her do not come up for Christmas,I knew this would tear my mother in laws heart to pieces.Well today I found out that his attorney advised they do not come here for Christmas,yay!Gives me a little satisfaction that I somewhat ruined their holiday.Also my...
  • My daughter has been struggling with the fact that she let the abuse go on for so long,she feels guilty that she didn't tell us sooner,she now realizes that although he told her he would kill her if she told,that was not believable.Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.I told her we have all been in situation in life that look different when we look back.She now wonders why she didn't stop him and believes...
  • Mum77

New today

Been looking for something like this for a while now,  my father had been raping my daughter from the age of 3years to 13 years of age, the emotional rollercoaster that I have been on for the last year since it all has come, sometimes all I want to do is get off it,  my daughter is the most bravest,strongest person I know,  she is so inspiring,  my guilt is nearly breaking me.  How did I not...
  • Brokenness

New

Hi I am new to this site, but I figured I had to start somewhere. I have two daughters that were sexual abused by there father / step father and a son who was not but yet suffers. I am just having a hard time on why. years before It all came out my oldest had told me he touched her close to her private and I didn't know what to think or do. she was on his lap. I had mixed feelings and thought...
  • Wow what a wonderful experience.T he organization that runs the group is top notch,the same organization that provides counseling for my daughter.They are on top of all new research and everything that has to do with sexual abuse.I found that a lot of my feelings are the same as everyone there.There was a father there who talked about wanting to kill his daughters abuser,how he sits for hours...