Parents Whose children have been sexually abused Community Group

This group is for parents whose children have been sexually abused. We welcome both Mothers and Fathers. Here, we can offer support to one another. We can vent, cry and lift each other up. No condemning or criticizing allowed. We are here for support. We LOVE (((HUGS))) !

1 Online
  • Hi Everyone,I am in desperate need of help, I don't know what to do, don't know what to say, I am physically and emotionally exhausted over all of this.  and to add to it all, I am bipolar and borderline personality, With no answers I can't seam to get balanced.Anyway, I am a mother of 2 adult daughters, my eldest is 29 with two children, 5 year old daughter, 3 year old son. My youngest is 27...
  • reebeeroo

How to cope with the guilt!

My daughter disclosed last august that she had been sexually assault repeatedly by her class teacher! It left our family devastated.  It had gone on for a year and I can't shake the guilt of not realising.  All the signs were there when I look back but I never put it all together! He was charged and after a long year he was found guilty this month and sentenced to 4 years in prison.  I thought...
  • Naive1.2

Why you need a therapist of your own

PARENTS of survivor children need professional mental health care TOO because: 1.) You deserve a local, compassionate, objective listener who understands that disclosure is just the beginning of a very long journey for parents. You deserve to have a listener who is prepared to devote almost a whole hour every week just to hearing you out, and helping you to connect your thoughts, and helping you...
  • musicmommy

How do you deal with your anger?

Hi everyone,i recently went back to seeing my therapist again because I am having symptoms of ptsd. I know this is fairly typical. One thing I am having major trouble with is the amount of anger I am feeling. It has been almost 18 months since disclosure, but I didn't feel this angry until recently. I can't get over how furious I am at my ex for what he did not only to my daughter but also how...
  • helpme2017

When do you stop thinking about it every second

My 3 year old son disclosed to me on July 10th.  I can't stop thinking about, it's all day and night. I am trying to make things as normal for him and continue with our regular activities. However I sometimes wonder if he thinking about it as much as I do. He behaves the same for the most part. Nighttime is rough, and sometimes he will cry when something is wrong like a baby( instead of telling...
  • katekatekate

My mum didn't do enough

Hi,I would like to understand things from the parent's point of view if the abuser was your partner or ex partner.My dad abused me when I was 11 and through my teens. Leading up to the abuse my dad (separated from my mum) groomed my sister and I. We told our mum he was making us uncomfortable but nothing was done. After the first time he had abused me I told her and she confronted my dad and got...
  • warriormomx5

Wise beyond his age...confirming all monster-perps

My 5-year-old had another emotional day, with random outbursts of anger and hypersensitive reactions to everything.  When I told him to tell his big brother who he was angry at he said "monster boy"... (and?) "Monster girl"... (and?)..."big monster"... (and?)..."monsteR"... (and?)..."dad-ster" (and?)..."momster" (and?)..."that's it!"  I had thought he would have said the "Satan" like the day...
  • warriormomx5

WEEKEND ENCOURAGEMENT! Everyone, please read. :o)

Hi lovely people!I was just pondering over how nice it is that CPS, detectives and a lot of lawyers do not work on the weekends!  So for a couple days, we can just focus on being a family.  I don't have to relay any important messages to anyone where if I say or do the wrong things it could destroy our family!  I don't even have to THINK about what anyone else thinks about what I do in my...
  • Bandmom5

RESOURCES -- all in one place

Here are the links to the resource lists so they are all in one place, and so just one topic needs to be bumped up for newcomers...Points to Consider: http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/parents-whose-children-have-been-sexually-abused/discussions/messages/16772624Books: http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/parents-whose-children-have-been-sexually-abused/discussions/messages/16772686Websites:...
  • sad_dad_75

I don't want to be here

My son is ten.  He is the sweetest, kindest child in our family.  Last night he shared with my ex-wife that her boyfriend had been touching his penis, once while he was awake and again two nights ago while he was asleep.  He said he woke up to him doing it and pretended to be asleep.  My son said he thinks this has happened many times, and that is why lately he has had trouble sleeping.My ex...
  • lonelyandunsure

5 months post disclosure ....

my family is strange to most people. Especially those  that have to deal with us concerning the Molestation. background: March 19, 2017, i sat my daughter down and asked he if anyone had been hurting her and life changed in an instant. I believed her immediately. I removed the threat from my home. I got us BOTH into counselling within a week. I called the police myself within hours of finding...
  • helpme2017

Anyone hired a private investigator

Has anyone hired a private investigator? 
  • ashley73

What to make of this?!

This happened a couple of days ago. It upset me so much and took me right back to disclosures. Same sick feeling in my stomach. Same fear and dread feeling. And sadness. Such sadness. Without telling my entire story over, I am still living with my husband who my children both made disclosures (1 each) about and whom I called DHS on a little more than a year and a half ago. Case was open and...
  • Tina0517

Continue or Discontinue therapy for my child?

We are at the beginning or maybe in the middle of the process of recovery with our little girl. Her outry was 7 months ago and she turned 4 years recently. She is in an avoiding phase now. Abuse occurred roughly for a year maybe once a months when she was 2 1/2 - 3 1\2 yrs old. I am wondering how things evolve. It is just so hard to see the little one isn't well and I cannot really help. Her...
  • FakeFruit

Puppy Love

We recently returned from family summer camp and my daughter reunited with the special friend that she made there last year. He is a little boy her own age.Last year they were two peas in a pod and even went around together holding hands. They got a little bit of teasing about being "boyfriend and girlfriend" but my daughter brushed it off even though I could tell she was thrilled with the idea...