Parents Whose children have been sexually abused Community Group

This group is for parents whose children have been sexually abused. We welcome both Mothers and Fathers. Here, we can offer support to one another. We can vent, cry and lift each other up. No condemning or criticizing allowed. We are here for support. We LOVE (((HUGS))) !

0 Online
  • hopefulmama

So much abuse in the family

I was talking to my husband's cousin yesterday,she is supportive of us,this is a woman on my husband's mother's side.One of the last times I spoke with my mother in law she confided in me that her brother molested her when they were young,she said she never told anyone not even her husband.Anyway this cousin I know was also abused by this same man,her uncle,but I suspect her uncle is her...
  • MommaofFour

Questions about legal process...

Today was his first appearance.  Waived the reading of charges (of course)... The prosecution has a strong case with a non-familial witness and I feel pretty good that this will go to trial.  I am nervous though, because of the prelim trial.  Will my daughter and I be subpeonaed to the preliminary trial?  He was my long-term boyfriend so I assume they will put me on the stand but what about...
  • Naive1.2

"It's a disease!" he cries

http://www.thedailybeast.com/anthony-weiner-weeps-at-sentencing-i-have-a-disease-but-i-have-no-excuse...but according to https://psychcentral.com/lib/what-causes-sexual-addiction/, "[o]ne study found that 82 percent of sex addicts reported being sexually abused as children. Sex addicts often describe their parents as rigid, distant and uncaring."Instead of advocating for consideration of a...
  • Brokenmother

Sleepless nights

So as some of you know I'm just over a year post disclosure and I was wondering if anyone else just has these random sleepless nights. I'm just laying here going over everything in my head, what happened, where I was when it happened, what I was doing when it happened, what signs did I miss, how could I let this happen, will he ever pay for what he's done, how will this continue to affect my...
  • Naive1.2

Too-young hero....

The horror of this situation is hard to grasp.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/8-year-old-killed-hammer-attack_us_59c8f92de4b0cdc77332a2b6
  • Naive1.2

If your child discloses while young...

...please begin learning all you can about drug abuse prevention. When your child is 23 at time of disclosure, having shortly before that disclosed that she has become addicted to opioids, almost overnight you realize you live in a war zone. You're standing in a single battlefield, but fighting two potentially unwinnable wars.My daughter took her first drink at age 8, during the year she was...
  • alicat2107

I live with the guilt of my bad choice everyday

Hi, I have just joined this group, thank you for accepting me. I guess I should tell my story, so deep breathe, here goes....When my daughter was 15, she finally disclosed that at the age of 11, my ex had raped her. My world fell apart. All of my daughter's bad, rebellious behaviour suddenly made sense, and I felt such a failure for not spotting the signs, felt I had let my daughter down in the...
  • failedmychild

I did nothing

My sisters son molested my 5 yr old son. My husband was using drugs and my sister threatened to turn him in if i turned in her son. She said my sin would be taken away from  me. My Mom was worried everyone in our small town would know. My son now has major problems and my sister gloats over the fact that my son is a liar. If I could go back I would turn him in in a heartbeat. I can't live with...
  • woulddoitagain

Bad shit just keeps happening all around us...

It will be ten years on thanksgiving since disclosure by my youngest son.  Everyone here knows that it isn't just the victim that is emotionally scarred but everyone that is close to them as well.  Well finally after years of hard work I was starting to feel like everything was going pretty well and all of my boys (now 18, 20 & 22) were in good places, feeling good about their accomplishments...
  • Lizz8033

Telling my 10 year old what happened

My 17 year old daughter disclosed to me in January 2016 that my husband had been molesting her since she was about 6-7 years old.  Needless to say, I was in shock and my heart was ripped out.  We are still healing and not sure when I will see light at the end of this tunnel.  I told some of my close family and my best friend what happened.  I'm wondering when I should or even IF I should tell...
  • Semjam

how to view old posts..

hi there, I am wondering if anyone knows how to view old posts. What I mean is how to scroll down all the way thru the 3000 some posts with out loosing my spot or skip to the middle? I want to read old posts.Thanks
  • silentkindofgrieving

Advocating for my child

It's a silent kind of grieving. But I won't be silenced. I won't allow them to silence my child.I was forced to file a report for my 4-year-old son. His paternal grandmother has been sexually abusing him. He disclosed to me detailed information about the abuse, that he is far too young to understand or for that matter make-up. It has been so challenging to mentally process this reality, that...
  • Stressed1

The guilt is killing me... please help

My 4 year old threw a fit when we went to wipe her after she went potty. After I calmed her down the following conversation happened. Me "why were you so upset?"Her "because my vagina hurts"Me "well what would have happened that would make you hurt?"Her "daddy poked me down there".My heart stopped and I looked over at my boyfriend (who is not her dad) and we both had the same look of confusion...
  • Semjam

First time posting need advice/someone to listen

Hi there,I found out about my daughters sexual abuse this summer. I was snooping thru her room, because she was in such a bad place, completely shut down, self harm etc. (she's 12). I stumbled on a journal and it disclosed historic abuse from when she was five or six. The perp she named was  "step dad" I called mobile crisis asap, and they reported for me.She was already away for the week, but...
  • TruthIsNecessary

Received Bad News Today...

Today I received some really bad news and it made my heart sink in my chest. I'm not the child's parent, but I feel compelled to try and steer the mother in the right direction so that she can protect her child from any future harm.A close family friend suspects that her 3 year old has been abused by the child's paternal grandmother. This is a very delicate situation because the father does not...