Parents Whose children have been sexually abused Community Group

This group is for parents whose children have been sexually abused. We welcome both Mothers and Fathers. Here, we can offer support to one another. We can vent, cry and lift each other up. No condemning or criticizing allowed. We are here for support. We LOVE (((HUGS))) !

0 Online
  • momtea5

New Mom

I came upon this group while looking for online support. My daughter is 15 years old and her disclosure just occurred on Feb 23 of this year.  The abuser is her father, my husband and had been occurring for the last 6 months.  Everything is still so new and overwhelming.  Between the legal stuff, the financial stuff and the emotional stuff I am just holding it together by a thread.   I am...
  • Emerald87

Ever changing story

I am fighting to believe my girls but my oldest daughter story has changed again. She is now stating to the police and cps that I openly knew about the abuse before I married my husband. If I had known about it I wouldn't have married him. Talking to me younger daughter the other day and she asked if they had to go to court. I told her she would probably have to go to court. She then told me she...
  • overthinker

Update

I thought I'd share an update to my last post about my daughter running away.  My life has been a whirlwind to say the least.  She and her boyfriend were gone for 4 weeks without hearing anything from them.  There was so much stuff that happened here while they were gone that just added tremendously to the pain and stress.  I have learned that facebook is TOXIC.  Strangers who have never met...
  • Naive1.2

Why you need a therapist of your own

PARENTS of survivor children need professional mental health care TOO because: 1.) You deserve a local, compassionate, objective listener who understands that disclosure is just the beginning of a very long journey for parents. You deserve to have a listener who is prepared to devote almost a whole hour every week just to hearing you out, and helping you to connect your thoughts, and helping you...
  • Eeyore

I wish I could just disappear from everything.

Sorry folks but I am feeling bit pants right now and as much as I can read other people's posts and give advice and support my own life is crumbling around me and I'm scared and want to stop hurting.So those who don't know my story my 27year old daughter disclosed in January that my husband her step father abused her in her teens. When she first told me I went to stay with her and held her as she...
  • SaiLion

The day life as we knew it, ended

Dear sisters Thank you for sharing your stories and giving me the courage to do the same.I find myself in the unenviable position that most of you do, and a fate worse than death. My 12 year old daughter disclosed to me that my husband (and her step father) had done some ‘inappropriate’ things to her. She spilled the sequence of events quickly and emotionally as if every word was like...
  • SissysHeart

I don't know what to do

This is my first time here.  I'm shaking and struggling to not cry so that I can write this.   This is a miracle that I found this site!  I have been completly alone in so much pain, sadness and so much more than I can write about now.  I'm a  mother of five sons in my late 40s and their ages are: 21, 19, 18, 17 and 14years old.  A year and 3 months ago, on a family camping trip, my 19 yr...
  • hopefulmama

Starting a new job

So after many years of not working I have decided to work part time.I quit my job in the spring of when my daughter was in kindergarten,she is now almost finished 7th grade.Wow that went so fast.I worked in HR and decided to not go back to that but to get something low key,flexible and part time,So I had my interview and was hired at Sam's Club.I need some time of my own and my daughter demands a...
  • hopefulmama

I'm a proud mama today

My daughter will be a speaker at a candlelight vigil for sexual abuse survivors.The event is run by a local advocacy agency and in attendance will be local police,therapists,attorneys,doctors and anyone else involved in the care if abuse victims.She was also chosen to design the t-shirt the agency stocks to hand out to various neighborhood agencies.She is not in a good place right now and we are...
  • momto1

It's Not Strangers We have to Worry About

I have always had a hard time trusting people.  Since I was a child, adults always disappointed me. I only had a few close friends growing up but after high school never stayed in touch.  My immediate family was all I ever needed.  My husband, on the other hand, makes friends easily and talks to everyone.  My daughter has always played one sport, which she loves and hopes to play in her...
  • Brokenmother

Depression

I feel like my depression is getting worse instead of better. I don't even know what to say to the counselor when i see her. I don't enjoy anything and i feel empty inside. I am back in my room most of the time and i can barely drag myself out of bed again.
  • Brokenmother

Grief

So tonight, I'm grieving my marriage. For some reason listening to all "our" songs. I wish I could talk to my husband and ask him why he did this to us. I've been thinking of writing him a letter but I don't know if that's a good idea given the ongoing court case. I want him to know how much I hurt, how much my daughter hurts. I want him to know that I don't sleep, that I cry everyday, that I...
  • JAnne

Anybody whose children never disclosed?

I have 3 daughters, now age 39, 36 and 28. I was married to their father for 23 years. At year 21, other family members disclosed that my father-in-law had sexually abused his own daughters and involved his sons in the abuse - it was incest with the whole family in one way or another. So many things that had always seemed odd to me, became crystal clear and I was convinced that my oldest daughter...
  • Brokenmum

Anger

Why is it hard for others to see and understand why I'm so angry. I have anger towards my step son and also anyone that wants to defend him support him or help him. Please tell me this is a normal process to get through. 
  • Naive1.2

Big, big anniversary

Twenty years last week, that's when our daughter's nightmare began. We had to be out of town on the actual anniversary, but her boyfriend was here to help her get through it. The good news is that she says she's been really, really angry this week, not with us or with anyone else, but with the fact that it's been 20 years and she's still dealing with this. I know survivors deal with the...