Hepatitis C Support Group

Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflammation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with an infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide.

0 Online
  • Trissa01

Re: Respectfully, Henry

I am deeply saddened to share with those of you who remember Hank who always signed "Respectfully, Henry" - that he passed away July 12, 2016.He had lived ten years post liver transplant.For Henry, I am glad you are at peace & now soar like an eagle.
  • Trissa01

FINALLY Got Back in Here

What a battle since the new DS. I finished Harvoni two weeks ago, a six month therapy, my third treatment. I have not been able to log in for over a month.
  • I am writing this from experience. I am 57 and have been smoking for 3 quarters of my life. I never got addicted and could do with or without at any time.They give me tons of addicting drugs that is terring my mind and body apart.If they would simply swap to weed then my body and head would not only feel better but imilmate most all if not all of my side effects. It is just as a crimal is not...
  • JWT488

45 years of Advise

Oh Yes and acute hep c also. I dont care what its about. I interesting in what evyone is going though. Never can tell when only a word will help someone. Um Well not sure who I'm writing to I am trying something cause Ikeep losing my messages. And yes you are right. Depression can last for days or months and bi polar can go from feeling depressed to feeling like your on top of the world and trama...
  • notyellow

support group

hey! this is supposed to be a support group. ity has tuned into a collection of asmall bio's. not much support. so here goes. i just got bottle #6 of my harvoni today. today also is my bottle 5 pill 1 day.eight weeks 'to go. and what a trip its been since first tx in 2002. but i feel better and i am grateful that it was finally invented. so,(and here is the support). ;hang the heck in there.don't...
  • These are the 50 hospitals in the United States with the highest markup of prices over their actual costs. That means that they are charging out-of-network patients and the uninsured, as well as auto and workers’ compensation insurers, more than 10 times the costs allowed by Medicare, according to new research published...
  • ChapterSeven

Viral load 6.1

Found out my viral load is 6.1 ...is that bad? I just found out last week that I tested positive :(
  • JWT488

Triss

Sweety I remember you now. How have ya been? This place has changedor maybe its the whole internet or world. Nobody wants to talk anymore. Gezzz I mean I cant even get any friends. Strange days.Later I still dont remember seeing you a year ago. Tell me where and why ok Later   Jim
  • notyellow

half way thru 4th tx.

week 13, bottle no. 4 pill 3. just a half week past half way. and i still stand by what i said 3 mos. ago i could do this stuff standing on my head. yea, i still feel tired. and  yea, i still get a bit nauseous sometimes,  but to those who did the prior tx's i say it's a miracle. sorry if i seem to pontificate on the harvoni, but, i am just jazzed it was invented. the best to all of you. stay...
  • Sunflower11

New

My story, I was talked out of doing the Telaprevir clinical study before I did the Gilead study, which was 2 1/2 years ago. It was two friends here who Skyped and talked me out of the Telaprevir study because of the sides.There were 4 random groups: of Sofosbuvir/5885 + or- Riba for 12 or 24 weeks. I did 12 weeks with Riba (1200 mg?) or the full dosage. This is now Harvoni. I would like to hear...
  • JWT488

Back Again

Had to change my profile one more time. I just got a new laptop. Wow this is sooo much easier that tring to type in that cell phone. Its me Dreamkite. Jim I am debating wheather are not I should take the Harvoni. I have had 7 days of the old interferon tx and it bout drove me crazy. I was in the hospital and they still took me off of it it was so hard on me/well my system I guess ya could say.
  • I had just learned how to excess this place the other day when I came in as Jimmywaynestuff Sonow I have to change it again but this will be the last time. Also the same as used to be Dreamkite about 5 years ago. So have to relearn how to get around in here and learn this new computer as well. So yall might have to help me out a bit. Sorry
  • kotlbland

Hepatic Encephalopathy?

Hello, Long time since I have posted here. Been thru alot. Hep C for years. However, there here comes a drug called Harvoni. I  was cured March 2015. Still I have been confused, forgetful,  all the effects that goes along with HE.My sister had PBC Primary Biliary Cirrhosis. In 3 weeks she went from driving, talking, laughing to having her health decline so fast she went to top of liver...
  • Hi everyone y'all will have to write me back so I can be sure I'm where I'm suppose to be
  • nmarie288

hope it helps for Hep C and fibrosis.

Hi to all! This is my first post and I hope it can encourage any of you if you are struggling with your liver disease. I live with my aunt (60 years old) and she has Hep C for more than 20+ years. She went through 2 failures but lucky HCV cured on her last Interferon/Ribavirin/Boceprevir.Many of you might think she is the lucky one, but the treatment lead her liver to fibrosis (F2). So...