Hepatitis C Support Group

Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflammation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with an infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide.

0 Online
  • nickey

I am checking in for first time since 2008.

this site is completely different and not very user friendly.  It used to be very interactive and easy to locate different members and topics.  Images could be posted and you could really obtain an insight to other members experiences.   Anyway, I am hepC 1a viral load 5 million and just been prescribed Harvoni.  I wanted to share treatment notes, but this site is hard to understand.  It...
  • Trissa01

September 2017 -Welcomes You

HCV is not the formidable dragon it once was, thanks to leaps & bounds in pharmeceutical treatments for most geno types. Still, it is numbing to be dagnosed with a socially suspect disease that has so much misinformation floating around about it.  One of our presidents of the USA said it was a druggie's disease.Take a deep breath & learn the facts. There are so many was to acquire HCV that it is...
  • WarriorGal

REALLY???

Usher to Be Sued by Three More People Who Claim He Failed to Warn Them of His Alleged Herpes Diagnosishttp://people.com/music/usher-sued-two-women-man-over-herpes-exposure/Herpes? really?  it aint life threatening. It's moral and ethical to reveal it, but is it that wrong not to???He already settled one suit.
  • Trissa01

August 2017

Welcome new visitors & members! Were you recently diagnosed? Have you started treatment? Are our older members following through with yearly liver tests? My third & successful treatment was harvoni for 6 months, completed just over one year ago.
  • Trissa01

Just Checking...

....for new posts.  Hope everyoine is well or seeking treatment!
  • GREG755

Just got disgnosed and my mother too Disturbed

Hi I'm 18 years old male just finished high school. My mother was diagnosed with hepatitis C last week. The doctor said that I should be tested too I got my positive results today. I'm in shock none of us ever had any symptoms. We are originally from Syria and my mother received blood transfusion is Syria 1992 she thinks that was the source of her infection. I was born in 1999 here in the United...
  • deleted_user

carbonated water

ok as i get it you have to drink lots of h20, my question being is carbonated water in any way a good thing? i drink this canned water called mendota springs that has nothing at all in it but carbonated h20, no sweets or anything added. anybody know if this is acceptable? thanks inm advance!!
  • leahmarie979914

A little bummed

I haven't been on here in years. Site is so different now. Anyways. I found out I had hepc in like 2008. Did a trial tx in 2010 I think. Was still using so it didn't work. Did Harvoni last year. Been clean almost 4 years. Had blood work done the other day and Dr called to tell me ast  levels are doubled. Bummed because when I tell my bf he's going to say I've been using again and I have not!!!...
  • deleted_user

lichen planus

I've had this rash for 2-3 months now. Its recently fading. It seems to be lichen planus and seems fairly common for hepc patients. Like I said its fading but at its height was all over my back, stomach, legs and upper arms...oh the joy of this disease! Anyone on here experience this or have any recommendations? I believe I read it could come and go. Thanks.
  • nicholassdyer

Can Hepatitis C cause liver cancer?

I have been told that I might have Hepatitis C and have been diagnosed. After I get my report, it will be confirmed if I have it or not. My concern is that the liver  cancer rates are increased if you have hepatitis C. I have read in an article about hepatitis C, that it may be associated with an increased risk of cancer. I'm a little worried and have lots of questions. Please help me ease my...
  • deleted_user

drink water

here is my advice to those of you in tx.drink more water! you don't have to feel thirsty. you are taking crazy heavy meds. flush your system and give your liver, brain, kidneys, skin and everything else a break.really.
  • Roboto

OT-J

(not so) private message to someone I used to know.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9TvcAMENJE
  • I posted this comment in one of the statuses below but here is a improved version with charts.Reading a book called The Essential Phospholipids as a membrane therapeutic. One of the sections focuses on Chronic Hepatitis. it says" In 67 studies, 2245 patients with Chronic hepattis were treated with EPL for periods ranging from 3 to 14 months. In a controlled trial involving two groups each...
  • Community LeaderWanderingVet

Just got this VA newsletter that mentions a cure

Hepatitis C: Test, Treat, Cure Chronic infection with the hepatitis C virus (HCV) is one of the most common blood-borne infections in the world and a major public health concern in the U.S. If untreated, HCV infection can cause liver damage that leads to cirrhosis, cancer and other life-threatening conditions. Although many of these complications are treatable or even preventable, about three out...
  • andrewhannigan24

How serious is Hepatitis C?

I am looking for some facts and want to find out how some changes can improve my chances of staying healthy.