Hepatitis C Support Group

Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflammation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with an infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide.

0 Online
  • Trissa01

Into Nov 2017

I changed my medicare advantage plan, means new doctors in 2018. All for the best. My humana ppo  allowed me any doctor at higher cost, my new hmo I can see those doctors & get those treatments for less, or at least a significant less cost per month for my plan. I need the university doctors. Previously the only plans in my zip code for a hmo was the community hospital. Those of us with advanced...
  • nickey

I am checking in for first time since 2008.

this site is completely different and not very user friendly.  It used to be very interactive and easy to locate different members and topics.  Images could be posted and you could really obtain an insight to other members experiences.   Anyway, I am hepC 1a viral load 5 million and just been prescribed Harvoni.  I wanted to share treatment notes, but this site is hard to understand.  It...
  • Dawter

Does Harvoni suppress immune system

I heard someone say it does supress immune system but haven't been able to find any info to this effect on internet. I want to know if I'm more susceptible to picking up colds and flu while on tx.
  • Trissa01

October Almost Over!

I love October!  Perfect weather, beautiful colors, fun fall festivals. What has everyone been doing to celebrate life?  Thanks to successful treatment with Harvoni last year, I feel more optimistic about the future. It was my third treatment attempt.Being cured did not reverse my cirrhosis. I still tire easily, have many "do nothing" days. My skin looks ancient, my nails are rail road...
  • GanjaMama

Lupus?

Has anyone been diagnosed or had blood tests for lupus?
  • Trissa01

September 2017 -Welcomes You

HCV is not the formidable dragon it once was, thanks to leaps & bounds in pharmeceutical treatments for most geno types. Still, it is numbing to be dagnosed with a socially suspect disease that has so much misinformation floating around about it.  One of our presidents of the USA said it was a druggie's disease.Take a deep breath & learn the facts. There are so many was to acquire HCV that it is...
  • deleted_user

translator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INOL2zVv7mwin a great mood today, got to share this one, hope it makes you laugh! LOOOOL
  • Trissa01

Kombucha Tea -

If you are considering using it, please just dot the reseach first. It may not be right for you. How much liver damage have you incurred from HCV? Do you have immunity issues? Understand how kombucha works. Then you can follow why it can be dangerous for damaged livers. There are many articles out there, google Kombucha & Liver Disease.We strongly suggest not to use kombucha under the following...
  • Trissa01

Post Treatment Issues

Hello to New & Old,Some of us oldies had to bear HCV for a long time before an effective treatment was available to us. That gave the virus decades to cause destruction to our bodies.Some of the treatments we suffered through also have done some damage.My liver got to cirrhosis stage by the time I was diagnosed and eventually 3rd treatment worked. I am still lethargic. I have jopint issues. All...
  • Ulfap

Hello...my first post

Ive been hopping around looking fo a forum for support for my hep c.  This one looks pretty unused, too.  Im in my second month of harvoni treatment...right now waiting for my meds to show up.  I wonder how much damage i have..they told me i have cirrhosis.  I havent had a drink of alcohol since 1979, but before that I swam in it!  So ive pribably had hep c since the early 70s.  Ive been...
  • WarriorGal

REALLY???

Usher to Be Sued by Three More People Who Claim He Failed to Warn Them of His Alleged Herpes Diagnosishttp://people.com/music/usher-sued-two-women-man-over-herpes-exposure/Herpes? really?  it aint life threatening. It's moral and ethical to reveal it, but is it that wrong not to???He already settled one suit.
  • Trissa01

August 2017

Welcome new visitors & members! Were you recently diagnosed? Have you started treatment? Are our older members following through with yearly liver tests? My third & successful treatment was harvoni for 6 months, completed just over one year ago.
  • Trissa01

Just Checking...

....for new posts.  Hope everyoine is well or seeking treatment!
  • GREG755

Just got disgnosed and my mother too Disturbed

Hi I'm 18 years old male just finished high school. My mother was diagnosed with hepatitis C last week. The doctor said that I should be tested too I got my positive results today. I'm in shock none of us ever had any symptoms. We are originally from Syria and my mother received blood transfusion is Syria 1992 she thinks that was the source of her infection. I was born in 1999 here in the United...
  • deleted_user

carbonated water

ok as i get it you have to drink lots of h20, my question being is carbonated water in any way a good thing? i drink this canned water called mendota springs that has nothing at all in it but carbonated h20, no sweets or anything added. anybody know if this is acceptable? thanks inm advance!!