Hepatitis C Support Group

Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflammation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with an infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide.

0 Online
  • Shoot, I dont know. This place was so relevent to me and others before harvoni. It would be cool if we could all band together and make this place relevent and encouraging for those starting AND those who now wonder what damage they are left with. Absence makes the heart grow fonder...I miss just about everybody now. But alas, ordinary life interupts once the life raft is no longer essential....
  • notyellow

support group

hey! this is supposed to be a support group. ity has tuned into a collection of asmall bio's. not much support. so here goes. i just got bottle #6 of my harvoni today. today also is my bottle 5 pill 1 day.eight weeks 'to go. and what a trip its been since first tx in 2002. but i feel better and i am grateful that it was finally invented. so,(and here is the support). ;hang the heck in there.don't...
  • nickey

I am checking in for first time since 2008.

this site is completely different and not very user friendly.  It used to be very interactive and easy to locate different members and topics.  Images could be posted and you could really obtain an insight to other members experiences.   Anyway, I am hepC 1a viral load 5 million and just been prescribed Harvoni.  I wanted to share treatment notes, but this site is hard to understand.  It...
  • WarriorGal

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I AM THANKFUL FOR:  My children, my two d-i-ls (who are great Mommies!) and one super-duper s-i-l; my grandchildren - both near and far away.  My friends - longtime friends - some since grade school! Some I see seldom and it doesn't matter.....neighbor-friends, Facebook friends, veggie friends.... Special thanks and gratitude for online support group friends who have helped me get through...
  • Trissa01

FINALLY Got Back in Here

What a battle since the new DS. I finished Harvoni two weeks ago, a six month therapy, my third treatment. I have not been able to log in for over a month.
  • Dawter

Fibromyalgia after tx

Anyone end up with fibro after tx?  Took Harvoni and Ribavirin last year and think that may have triggered it (if that is what I even have).  Just get pains in different places on my body and feel like I have the flu sometimes. I don't know what else could be causing it
  • 1111volcano

No more

Hi Ive had an account for awhile but haven't posted anything, I just like to read other ppls stories. I went to middle school w/ a boy back in the day then when we became adults we started dating. We were together for 5 years and during our 2nd year I found out he had Hep C. By that time I thought I was in love. He got it from shooting up drugs. When we got together I would not have it. I'm not...
  • ChapterSeven

Viral load 6.1

Found out my viral load is 6.1 ...is that bad? I just found out last week that I tested positive :(
  • Trissa01

Re: Respectfully, Henry

I am deeply saddened to share with those of you who remember Hank who always signed "Respectfully, Henry" - that he passed away July 12, 2016.He had lived ten years post liver transplant.For Henry, I am glad you are at peace & now soar like an eagle.
  • deleted_user

hepatitis B ?

i am new here and dont get on for long.but am exploring this site.i have a few people who have added me as a friend and do check on me.so far no one with hep-B.i have read a few of the discussions and journals.most people are on something called tx? SHOTS!! hope and pray i dont have to go there.and my prayers are with you all.i do have some of the same ailements so im still going to keep...
  • Beeky01

Its been a while

Hello again gang. It's been a long time since I have visited this sight. 2 Years maybe!! Back then I was known as Bestshot. Any of the old gang still here? I would love to know how you are doing. And to the new people, nice to meet you but so sorry you have to be here.D
  • deleted_user

Hep C

Hey everyone
  • Just a shout oout to all!
  • vabuttafly

follow up after cured?

I completed 3 months of treatment on sovaldi Ribavirin.  I went for a 3 and 6 month check up.  At the 6 month check up they said I was considered cured.  They didn't mention having to ever go back to be tested again.  I always worry this would pop back up.  What has your experience been after successfully completing treatment with Sovaldi and Riba?  Should I get re tested?  thanks!
  • I am writing this from experience. I am 57 and have been smoking for 3 quarters of my life. I never got addicted and could do with or without at any time.They give me tons of addicting drugs that is terring my mind and body apart.If they would simply swap to weed then my body and head would not only feel better but imilmate most all if not all of my side effects. It is just as a crimal is not...