Hepatitis C Support Group

Hepatitis C is a blood-borne viral disease which can cause liver inflammation, fibrosis, cirrhosis and liver cancer. The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is spread by blood-to-blood contact with an infected person's blood. Many people with HCV infection have no symptoms and are unaware of the need to seek treatment. Hepatitis C infects an estimated 150-200 million people worldwide.

0 Online
  • deleted_user

lichen planus

I've had this rash for 2-3 months now. Its recently fading. It seems to be lichen planus and seems fairly common for hepc patients. Like I said its fading but at its height was all over my back, stomach, legs and upper arms...oh the joy of this disease! Anyone on here experience this or have any recommendations? I believe I read it could come and go. Thanks.
  • nicholassdyer

Can Hepatitis C cause liver cancer?

I have been told that I might have Hepatitis C and have been diagnosed. After I get my report, it will be confirmed if I have it or not. My concern is that the liver  cancer rates are increased if you have hepatitis C. I have read in an article about hepatitis C, that it may be associated with an increased risk of cancer. I'm a little worried and have lots of questions. Please help me ease my...
  • nickey

I am checking in for first time since 2008.

this site is completely different and not very user friendly.  It used to be very interactive and easy to locate different members and topics.  Images could be posted and you could really obtain an insight to other members experiences.   Anyway, I am hepC 1a viral load 5 million and just been prescribed Harvoni.  I wanted to share treatment notes, but this site is hard to understand.  It...
  • deleted_user

drink water

here is my advice to those of you in tx.drink more water! you don't have to feel thirsty. you are taking crazy heavy meds. flush your system and give your liver, brain, kidneys, skin and everything else a break.really.
  • Roboto

OT-J

(not so) private message to someone I used to know.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9TvcAMENJE
  • I posted this comment in one of the statuses below but here is a improved version with charts.Reading a book called The Essential Phospholipids as a membrane therapeutic. One of the sections focuses on Chronic Hepatitis. it says" In 67 studies, 2245 patients with Chronic hepattis were treated with EPL for periods ranging from 3 to 14 months. In a controlled trial involving two groups each...
  • Community LeaderWanderingVet

Just got this VA newsletter that mentions a cure

Hepatitis C: Test, Treat, Cure Chronic infection with the hepatitis C virus (HCV) is one of the most common blood-borne infections in the world and a major public health concern in the U.S. If untreated, HCV infection can cause liver damage that leads to cirrhosis, cancer and other life-threatening conditions. Although many of these complications are treatable or even preventable, about three out...
  • andrewhannigan24

How serious is Hepatitis C?

I am looking for some facts and want to find out how some changes can improve my chances of staying healthy.
  • WarriorGal

Billy Joel?

Billy Joel has a viral infection causing his Madison Square Garden concert scheduled for Tuesday night to be postponed until December.“Billy Joel has been battling a viral infection and is forced to postpone his concert at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday, June 6th, at the mandate of his doctor,” said Joel’s spokeswoman Claire Mercuri in a statement.---------Wondering why they are being so...
  • Trissa01

Re: Respectfully, Henry

I am deeply saddened to share with those of you who remember Hank who always signed "Respectfully, Henry" - that he passed away July 12, 2016.He had lived ten years post liver transplant.For Henry, I am glad you are at peace & now soar like an eagle.
  • https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2017/05/26/extreme-makeover-home-foreclosure/346131001/So sad...
  • WarriorGal

Pre-Existing Conditions...

This link lists SOME pre-existing conditions:http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/05/health/health-care-bill-pre-existing-conditions/index.htmlIt seems to me that anyone who has ever seen a doctor for anything (acne?! allergies?) has a pre-existing condition.
  • Trissa01

New Treatments?

What are the newest treatments out there? Do you qualify? Are you on one now? How is it going?So far, it seems I've cleared thanks to six months on harvoni, my third treatment.
  • WarriorGal

Allaboutliving, Anyone?

anyone keep in touch with allaboutliving?Just wanted to say hello. Sent an email and haven't heard back,...
  • throughthickandthin

HELP!!! I NEED ADVICE!

Hey. My boyfriend is currently in jail right now I'm not sure for how long.... he was an IV drug user and he has been diagnosed with Hep-CI have been tested and I am okay however I am going to get tested again in 6 months. I need advice on how to help my boyfriend. Since he's in jail can he still reviece treatment? Someone said that he has to be drug free for a year before anyone will give him...