Fitness Goals Support Group

This community is dedicated to group support around achieving fitness goals, whatever they may be, through personal training, athletic activites, or other strenuous activity. Whether you are trying to get fit to treat a health problem, boost your mood, relieve stress, or tone your body, this group is a great place to meet other like-minded people who have similar goals.

0 Online
  • justdoit

New here, what better time than now

i recently had to read a book called the 7 Habits of Highly Successful People (or something to that extent- I know, bad that I can't remember the title) but the one thing I can't forget is the message of the book. Throughout the book there were questions to answer about your personal life and what it is that is blocking you from reaching your goals. After much thought and a LOT (167) workbook...
  • Chadd3rs

Weight loss/

No idea if this post is allowed or not so please dlete if it isn't, and i really do apologise.Hi!  I've decided to get fit, because why not...Would anyone like to join me in this 'journey' and to help each other with motivation?  I'm a 20yr old student at Univerity, 4'11, and 114lbs, if that sways you at all...I'm following (or at least I'm attenpting to...) a 1,200kcal Vegan diet and I workout...
  • Montgomery55

Exercise is a dirty word for me!

I hate to exercise and always have. I am excellent couch potato.  I really haven't found one I like to do. I did water aerobics for a while but then stopped and have had a hard time getting back into it. Any suggestions as to what I could do that would be easier to start with? I am not much of an outdoors person. Thanks!
  • Maryw

Overweight student

My name is Mary. I have been overweight since puberty. Yesterday an amazing thing happened. I did day one of the couch to 5k program. I am currently 365lbs. It is so shameful for me to admit this publicly but I was so proud of myself that I completed day one. It asked me to jog for 60 seconds then walk for 90 seconds for thirty minutes. I'm sure most of you would think it was quite easy but I...
  • BlackUnicorn

I´m Frustated girl.

Hi, im 22 y.o and im trying to lose weight scine i was 17y.o i need help, idk how to start :c and i really want a nice body this year T.T 
  • Summer8289

Advice please

My goal this year, is to get toned, and a flat tummy but ever since I've had kids plus a c-section, I have had alot of back pain with some workouts ,at times, it seems impossible to get rid of the belly it's annoying....
  • ellenrae4

UCL STUDY

Dear members,An opportunity has come up to take part in some research looking at health and lifestyle attitudes and intentions. The research is being carried out by researchers at the Department of Behavioural Science & Health at University College London. For this study, you need to be female and aged 18 years or older. You can access the questionnaire using the link below. The questions will...
  • Sammej

My new challenge

I moved to a new city in August and after that my fitness has gone down the drain, and fast. I can't fit in my jeans anymore, I eat to much and excercise to little. As another consequense my mental health is not very good either, I feel kind of lonley and that makes me stay inside more which is not good for my fitness either. Therefore I have decided to do something about it and for real this...
  • birukabate

Fasting

So as a christian my relatiionchip with God is the most important thing. I want good for myself. And I want nothing to do with the enemy. That being said, how do you fast and still workout guys? Love you all! Bless the Lord!
  • ruthgrps

Been told by Cardiac doctor to get fit.

I've just seen my cardiologist having done an exercise test, I managed 5 minutes, he expected me to do 9 minutes, during the consultation he told me to get fit, no excuses, walking, running, housework, just do it. So as from tomorrow I am on a fitness plan.
  • birukabate

Idol?

When does going to the gym and working out become not just a good or godly thing but an idol? Because I fear sometimes I have crossed that line.
  • prettybig

Calorie counting

how do I work out calories based on what's on the packet?just ate a whole container of hummus 
  • Girl_Interrupted1982

Fitness suggestions

Hi I am new to daily strength community, I was a member years ago and I decided to rejoin. I am looking to get in shape and looking to meet friends on here for encouragement and also for tips and healthy recipes. I am looking forward to hearing from you!!! XOXO
  • Joe100

Drove to the gym, never went in

Really having problems with motivation. 
  • Xtina1993

Trying to get in shape

hi,im new to this site but I decided I needed to try something. I'm trying to get in shape but my motivation to get up and do things is low does anyone have any advice about how to make myself get to the gymthanks