Depression Supporters Support Group

This community is dedicated to spouses, children, relatives, co-workers and others who are actively supporting someone suffering from depression or other serious mental illness. Depression can bring about intense sadness, melancholia or despair that has advanced to the point of being disruptive, which can have a grave impact on the ability of others trying to help.

1 Online
  • winger87

First Post, Trying to help myself

Hello All,First post for me here, or anywhere. My wife struggles severely with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and what I would say is minor to moderate depression. Repressed things from her childhood reared their head when we had our first child 3 years ago. She was negelected by separated parents as a child, and becoming a parent herself really broke her apart in a way we never expected.She has...
  • bljj77

hacking

i have an expert who is reliable in the game,i met him through a contact named Jessica and was scared at first to give a trust,after all i had encountered with previous hackers  but glad to say didn't regret my actions as hotcyberlord@gmail.com helped me hacked into my ex phone and gave me proof i been in a lying ass relationship all along,i will forever be grateful to you...
  • nila67

Marital Ups and Downs

This is my first post. My husband suffers from depression. We've been married nearly a decade, but only in the past couple of years has he used the word depression with me to describe himself. So many things make sense now. I suspect that he has been depressed for some time. He is a therapist himself, but I don't know if that is a help or hinderance.I believe he may also suffer from ADD,...
  • louise95

I Can't Be the Therapist

Hi. This is my first time posting here, so I hope it's okay. My husband suffers from severe depression. Before we met, he attempted suicide twice; family caught him both times before he could follow through. We've been together for almost 4 years, and he was one antidepressants when we first met, but went off of them shortly after. In the past 6 months or so, he's been really struggling, and I've...
  • SolaceSeeker

A little bit lost

Hey guys. Im new to the group yet so glad i found it. My fiance has been suffering from depression for about 3-4 years. We've been together for 6.What makes it worse is that we're both junior doctors. He has all the insight he needs yet he refuses to get help. Our wedding is in December and I just feel really scared about what my life will be like. Over the last year there's only been anout one...
  • WolfsMate

Mate of a man depressed

My husband and I were matried last june. We are planning the actual wedding for this coming Sept. Not everyone knows we are currently married. We met two and a half years ago. He had always had depression. He can't remember not having it. Our new relationship really made him come out of himself but.... within the last few months he had spiraled back down.He has just now agreed to seek treatment...
  • elk33

Tired. Just tired.

Hi folks- New to the group and I'm sure stories like this get posted all the time. I've been married for 6 years, with my partner for 9, and lately, I'm just feeling worn down to an edge. My husband struggles with anxiety and depression. After a rough patch, he agreed to go on medication and do therapy, and actually seems to like his therapist. (I also regularly see a therapist.)But honestly,...
  • Mandercakes

Losing hope.

Hey everybody. I have not been in the best mind set for a while now. I am in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend has been battling depression, anxiety, self-hatred, and the like for 2 years. It has been stressing me out to no end. Lately he has been getting stomach pains. He is getting test results of what is going on but because of this he is gone 80% of the time due to not wanting to...
  • jmck

Is it her or me?

I am a new member but need someone or group to talk with that deal with the same thing. My wife suffers from Severe Depression Anxiety and Insomnia. We have been together for 20 years and married for 16 this May. I have known she suffered from depression since dating. She had a rough childhood and doesn't like to talk about it. The last 5 years have been up and down and with some work i got her...
  • elizabethmhf

People who understand

I am married to a man who has severe OCD and uni-polar depression. We have a daughter, who will be frou in June 2017. Since she was 3 months old, he has barely been able to care for her bc of his illness. He is sweet and does not want to hurt us but I am getting so tired - I am almost a single parent, though he does hold a job and I stay home. I almost feel like I shouild not complain that he has...
  • DS926

How long....

How long does it last?  A few months, years, forever?  Nothing seems to make my husband happy.....truly happy.  Yes, he smiles and laughs from time to time, but it's rarely genuine.  He's been on depression meds for several years now; honestly, I don't see where they are helping.  The slightest bump in the road will throw him into a whirlwind of emotions; anger, sadness, withdrawn, extreme...
  • Thumpa

Support without begging- hurts so much

Can anybody please give me some advice on how I can still maintain dignity in such a long and very hard wait. My husband and I have been together since we were very young 15 and we have young kids together. He is severely depressed and I believe I am getting to the point where I am too. We run a business together and have been very close up until a few years ago when our lives went completely ass...
  • Hedgwig

Do things ever get back to normal?

My husband was struggling and didn't tell me how bad it was. He withdrew emotionally, then cheated. The worst part is that we had both been married before and cheated on and he knew how devastated I would be. This was completely out of character for him and drove him to the point of suicide. He's better now. On antidepressants and going to counseling. We go as a couple too. He says he loves me...
  • krodriguez32

Feeling alone

I've been reading a lot of articles about how to handle your spouse's depression and they've all been very helpful but I feel like I need to tell someone my story. I don't have anyone to talk to about this and I want to be able to talk to my boyfriend but I'm afraid of adding more stress; any who here it goes.So I've been dating my boyfriend for 6 months now and things have been great, we've been...
  • JJ2006

When does this end

My husband has been dealing with depression for 3 years now. It has become so consuming that I feel I can't do this anymore. We have 2 young children and have been together for 12 years. I miss the life we had together and I'm afraid we will never have it back. Most days we barely speak to each other. He's very grumpy and moody. I'm feeling so lost.