Depression Supporters Support Group

This community is dedicated to spouses, children, relatives, co-workers and others who are actively supporting someone suffering from depression or other serious mental illness. Depression can bring about intense sadness, melancholia or despair that has advanced to the point of being disruptive, which can have a grave impact on the ability of others trying to help.

0 Online
  • marilee1

Boyfriend with depression

My once loving and attentive boyfriend of 3+ years has turned into another person after his father passed away from cancer. It's been a slow spiral of lashing out in ways that make me feel incredibly insecure. I didn't know it was depression at first. He has always been a bit of a loner but he started playing World of Warcraft to unwind and now i feel like that is the only enjoyment he gets from...
  • chrysanthemums

Feeling Alone

My BF of 1.5 years who is usually sweet, kind, and understanding has been going through his latest downward cycle which is more focused on me this time -- repeatedly accusing me of wanting to be with others over him, refusing to believe I do actually care for him, rejecting my affection, convinced I am happier without him... the list goes on. He is currently not receptive to my pleas to let me...
  • jmck

Is it her or me?

I am a new member but need someone or group to talk with that deal with the same thing. My wife suffers from Severe Depression Anxiety and Insomnia. We have been together for 20 years and married for 16 this May. I have known she suffered from depression since dating. She had a rough childhood and doesn't like to talk about it. The last 5 years have been up and down and with some work i got her...
  • Rose89

Silent tears

i am laying alone in bed again silent tears running down my face. I no longer know what to do or how to cope so I find myself opening up to strangers who may understand what I'm going through. My boyfriend suffers from depression, sever depression. Since we met nearly a year ago I suspected it but it has only magnified, and developed into a beast shadowing both of us during, becoming unbearable....
  • 2Sunny2Rain

Outlets?

My bf suffers from cyclical sevier depression. When he's on a good day, he's the most fun person I've ever met (still to this day). When he's depressed, life turns sad. Even the happy things don't interest him. I've been reading a lot and it seems like this is pretty standard for depression, but as a very habitually happy person it brings me down.I've always thought I was a good partner. My...
  • Folks, I posted this on the Divorce Support Group, but realized it made more sense to post it here.  Quick summary of my relationship with my ex-wife: My ex-wife and I got divorced, were apart for 1.5 years and got back together 6 months ago, because she wanted to work things out.   So here how things are currently:After texting me last Friday that she wanted to end our relationship, she's...
  • mstewart17

Just need to vent

honestly, I'm just posting this because I need to vent and I don't want to take it out on my husband. I'm a high energy, highly motivated person who likes to get things done, and done right. I have some OCD and will admit I'm a perfectionist to the point of annoyance sometimes.I work a 40+ hour a week job and am the primary earner for us. I truly don't mind it, assuming that this means I'm not...
  • Twiga

Depression and religion

Hi - does anyone have experience with their spouse becoming very religious when dealing with depression?  My husband has been depressed for years and then lost 3 siblings in 8 months and is now grieving on top of everything.  But he has gone so deep into religion and I am atheist, so wondering if it will remain like this. I have no problem with religion and it's his choice but he's pushing me...
  • JJ2006

When does this end

My husband has been dealing with depression for 3 years now. It has become so consuming that I feel I can't do this anymore. We have 2 young children and have been together for 12 years. I miss the life we had together and I'm afraid we will never have it back. Most days we barely speak to each other. He's very grumpy and moody. I'm feeling so lost. 
  • Winter

Depression

Hello. There is so much going on in my life right now that it's not allowing me to feel happy. I really need someone to talk to because I don't have any friends to call and talk about what is happening to me. There is a church I try to attend but I can't talk to some of the people there because I don't want my business all over town; I can't trust them. There is one lady there I can talk with...
  • LisCure

Unsure

I have been with my boyfriend for about two years now. We moved halfway across the country together shortly after starting to date. Our relationship is very serious, we've talked marriage and want to have a small ceremony with just family this summer. His depression has been really bad for about a year now, terrible in the past four months. He spent a night at the hospital on suicide watch. His...
  • Tiffany122

Maybe I don't understand depression...

just joined this site tonight because of another fight .. I use that term loosely because it wasn't really two way, just mainly him going off.  They are happening much more often lately. At first I would get so defensive, hurt, disbelief and then so angry and we'd end up fighting.   Yelling bad, etc.  This time I'm just watching it, like in third person... Watching him blow up, accuse, then...
  • glorpo

What's going to help her see???

My best friend of 37 years is suffering from her second bout of severe depression and has been since June of 2016. She has been my rock and closest friend since we are little kids and I need her to get better! She had a tumultuous divorce during which she had her first break. She recovered after over a year and finished the divorce process. She flourished in ways I don't think either of us...
  • Hiwdidigethere

How can you keep life normal for kids?

Just need to vent as I find myself considering giving up on my 16 year marriage again.  We have two great kids, 8 and 4. My wife has been depressed to varying degrees throughout our marriage.  I just feel that her depression is bringing myself crashing down while having a bad effect on my kids.  My level of frustration has gotten so high that it takes so little for me to get upset... mainly...
  • Sdyane

Suffer in silence

I'm new here. I need a shoulder to cry on.  My husband has been dealing with depression his whole life.  In the past 2 years it has gotten really bad. He holds everything. in and I don't know where I stand with him.  I feel he resents me for being a stay at home mom. For having babies. For marriage.  And God knows what else. I feel so alone. He says he just needs time and for me to give him...