Depression Supporters Support Group

This community is dedicated to spouses, children, relatives, co-workers and others who are actively supporting someone suffering from depression or other serious mental illness. Depression can bring about intense sadness, melancholia or despair that has advanced to the point of being disruptive, which can have a grave impact on the ability of others trying to help.

0 Online
  • mrspigglewiggle

Not so happy anniversary....

Tomorrow is my fifth wedding anniversary, and I’ve never felt more disconnected from my husband. He is so deep in his depression that he probably won’t even acknowledge our special day. I feel sad, lonely, and disappointed in the way our life together is evolving. Think I’ll buy myself something pretty to pick up my spirits, and pray he decides to get help. 
  • We've been married for 16 years and have two children under 11. One of the boys has a medical condition which is draining and creates it's own anxieties.My husband has been depressed on and off for as long as I've known him. It runs in his family and extended family.Up until about 2 years ago, he was in denial. I would call him out on his 'moods' which were hard to live with and drained all the...
  • Veeminnis

Can't seem to fit in at work

Good morning everyone. Going thru something on my job. But i have nobody to talk to about it.All the girls there cliqued up and they always talking about all the fun they have in their group chats and stuff. And they left me out on purpose. And they basically treat me like I'm invisible. Its high school all over again.Most mornings it is so bad its hard for me to get out of bed because I dread it...
  • RobCinMtP

It hurts to be so helpless

My girlfriend of just over a year is the most amazing woman.  She takes-in life and is a joy to be around.  I love her sense of humor and how she cares about others.  People that don't really know her would have no idea that she has severe depression.  She has gone through ECT treatments, tried a wide range of meds and is in counseling.  She is very self-aware and actively battles her...
  • EAC

Any HELP OUT THERE!

My daughter suffers from several mental diagnoses and I suffer from depression. My daughter has been bullied so bad in school and I am running out of options on what to do. I have went to the school so many times about this....my daughter has been on meds, she has seen several therapists, and has been admitted into an inpatient facility before. What can I do to prevent my daughter from being...
  • KyN

feeling so alone

no one i care about seems to care about me or understand me. I feel so alone. Why would anyone care if I died though, they act like they dont care now.
  • SupportiveGirlfriend

Feeling helpless && alone

This is my first time posting anywhere or actually trying to seek advice on this difficult topic... but I’ll give it a shot. Hopefully I get some responses. So my story started two years ago when I met my current boyfriend. I was attracted to him because he was so carefree and fun and seemed to enjoy making people laugh and being happy. After the feelings for him came full circle & he started...
  • LALALady

Not Sure How to Handle Unfinished Projects

Hi There! My husband suffers from Bi-Polar II.. which basically means he's depressed a lot of the time. He has an amazing and resilient personality and has worked really hard on himself and inside the relationship to learn how to deal with the emotions, etc. What I'm struggling with now is that I realize that during his times of feeling good we start these MAJOR projects, ie.. house renovation,...
  • Mcb84

Depressed husband, I feel like I´m crumbling

This is soooo hard!!!! My husband has been struggling with depression for almost two years now. It has had its ups and downs. Currently he is out of a job, we have two toddlers so I work two jobs and freelance to earn what I can. We have financial support from family, but I feel like that´s where it stops. None of his relatives seem to really understand how serious this is. I have read the...
  • Moxie2013

How do you not get sucked in?

My husband has had depression as long as I’ve known him. He works hard at it, but despite medication and therapy, he still has bouts of depression. He also has OCD and anxiety. When he’s depressed, he complains about everything. If I try to help him see the positive or that it is not that bad, he gets more upset. So I try to just listen and be sympathetic, but all the complaining puts me in a...
  • Dweeze

Feeling alone

I am new to this group and have never been a part of a support group before but am hoping it may help me feel a little less alone during a difficult time. I am married to an absolutely amazing man who has major depression along with some psychotic features (hearing voices, though not in the schizophrenic sense because he doesn’t have any issues telling what is real and what isn’t). He has...
  • chocolatiee

Boyfriend has depression and I feel really alone

My boyfriend recently told me that he's always had depression and that it's been really bad lately. I myself have anxiety, but not depression, so I find it really hard to know what to do when he's feeling low. I've asked him and he says there isn't really anything and that he gets out of it himself, but I've been really worried about him lately. He doesn't want to leave the house except to work...
  • Katana

Trying something new

Hi there, I am sure there are many people out there like me, going through what I am going through. I hear that a lot from people, but I have finally come to the point where I need to reach out there and see if there are others I can connect with who share this path and can maybe offer some wisdom to get me through. Here is the typical: My husband suffers from pretty severe depression and...
  • Ilovebutterflies

My husbands Depression is affecting me

My husband has suffered with depression for years. He takes his medication however, he still has these days. I hate when he is like this and for weeks he has been getting worse. His meds were increased. I always try to be understanding but when he sleeps all day on the weekend or he has an attitude and when I mention it he blames his depression. I mentioned seeking a psychiatrist he hasn’t...
  • gusgus

Partner pushing me away after admitting depression

hello I’ve never written on anything like this before but I really need some support. Ive been with my partner for two years, he’s my best friend and we have what everyone would see as a great relationship. However last Christmas out of the blue he tried to push me away. From this he admitted he feels so low and was relieved when he told me as he never has to anyone before. The year has flown...