Depression Supporters Support Group

This community is dedicated to spouses, children, relatives, co-workers and others who are actively supporting someone suffering from depression or other serious mental illness. Depression can bring about intense sadness, melancholia or despair that has advanced to the point of being disruptive, which can have a grave impact on the ability of others trying to help.

0 Online
  • PyynkBOB

Girlfriend with Depressed Boyfriend

Howdy all!  I'm new here!  My live-in boyfriend of 3.5 years suffers from situational depression, anxiety, migraines, and diverticulitis.  He goes to individual therapy, and we both go to couples counseling, to help us cope with the challenges of his conditions.  I've joined this group in the hopes of finding an individual outlet for myself, where I might be able to chat with others like...
  • ss8889

Let's Be Honest...

Depression sucks. My boyfriend of 3 1/2 years is battling depression. Big time.We are in the early stages of trying to figure out how to best tackle this illness. And I gotta tell you guys, I'm exhausted. I don't get to say that much, because I know better than to make him feel worse about an issue that he has no control over. But I'm saying it now - I'm TIRED. Every time he walks away from me...
  • Thumpa

Hi everyone... If anyone is reaching out as a wife of a severely depressed husband and business owner and I honestly feel like I have no more to give.we have two BEAUTIFUL little girls and between them, running our business and day to day chores I have not much strength to continuously pull myself out of slipping right into depression with him.i love him more then anything and it is...
  • I'm looking for support, encouragement, ideas, or just people to talk to who can relate.I have been married for 14 years. My husband and I have 4 children (ages 12, 10, 6, and 1). I am a stay-at-home mom.My husband has been battling with depression for years. He has been on different meds for years, as well. Been seeing a psychologist too, but then we moved to another city so he is currently...
  • Rachs

New to this all

My boyfriend of 3 1/2 years has been depressed for the past month.  He had gone to the doctor and was placed on anti-depressants, and has been trialled on 3 different ones.  He currently isn't taking anything and has not gone back to his doctor to update her.  I am trying to be supportive, but he is pushing me further away by the day.  He is convinced that something in his life is causing his...
  • Serendipity

Social media

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed their loved one (my husband has major depression and anxiety) turning to social media sites or messaging to try and escape their depression? 
  • Hi Everyone:  I am so glad this exists. I am so confused. I met the most wonderful guy ten months ago, and we had a whirlwind romance, falling deeply in love. He's 31, and he's started and stopped a lot of things in life. He told me he was depressed in his early 20s, and had a bit of a breakdown back then. But he seemed happy when I met him, finishing off a university degree and playing in...
  • beefer07

Losing my wife

This is my first post to an online support forum, so please forgive me if I ramble on...Last year, my wife of 8 years was caught in the early stages of an emotional affair. This led to many changes and realizations in our marriage and we decided to try and work on them. Eventually, I realized that it seemed I wanted to work on them more than she did. She seemed to have checked out of the marriage...
  • zephyr

Lost and do not knwo what to do

I am married to my husband for the past 12 years and have dated him for 3 years prior. Our relatioship started long distance. I was young and was in love with the idea about being loved by someone and never thoight much deep into questioning. He has been battling depression before I dated him. I was not aware of his depression till after marriage. My husband has been a wonderful person all along....
  • I've been friends with my current boyfriend for about 2 years and recently we have started dating. I'm a social work major at our university and have gone through my own share of horror stories with depression, anxiety, and PTSD. When my boyfriend and I started dating, we were both getting help for our depression and things were looking better for the both of us. We thought that we would be good...
  • Lady50

New member seeking advice

My story sounds similiar to most of yours.  My husband of two years has dealt with depression most of his life.  It's something that runs in his family, therefore this hasn't been a new endeavor in our relationship.  Unfortunately, his depression has reached new heights as he has recently expressed suicidal thoughts and just quit his job.  Although he is on medication, and will start therapy...
  • saritasiren

I hate that I'm annoyed by this seemingly selfish disease. I know logically depression is something that cannot be helped. My spouse is depressed and I can't help. He can't "snap out of it." He didn't ask for it.... But I'm so tired of revolving my every single day around his moods. I seriously am screaming inside, and I'm so in need of someone to ask ME how my day is. That's all.
  • Worried_Hubby

The ugliness of depression

My wife was diagnosed with depression a few years ago but didn't take it seriously. Syptoms lessened and gradually I got my wife back. Then, out of the blue, she relapsed which ended us in couples therapy. She was supportive through it and I thought we had made progress. We now have a baby girl together and purchased a house. She might be having a case of delayed post-partum mixed with her...
  • Lyss8771

New member looking for help

Hello. I joined today as part of working on my marriage. Im 26, have been married almost 5 years and together almost 9, no kids. My husband battles with depression and anxiety. And I am battling on how to help, I feel completely lost. I have troubles communicating and holding conversation, especially when anger comes into play and I build up my walls. I'm caught in his depression, and now we've...
  • saraw

What is the right thing to do?

My husband of 16 years has been depressed for most of our marraige. He finally started getting help 9 months ago bc I found out he was chatting (text and video) with 2 women online. He was a different person with them, dominating and very sexual. He is never like that with me (yes I am jealous). When I first found out he swore he would never do it again and sought help. We have had our ups and...