Children Of Divorced Parents Support Group

This community is for the children of divorce, both for adult children who have lived through a divorce as well as parents concerned about the effects of divorce on their children. Share your story and get advice in this support group, where there are others going through similar challenges.

0 Online
  • kb31481

31 years later

Hello, I'm new and I've been trying to explore different avenues to deal with my Guilt? Anger? Resentment? Sadness? Depression? Anxiety? Now that we got all that out of the way! My parents divorced when I was 5. I have only a few memories of them living in the same house and the majority of them aren't happy. Arguing over menial things just to argue. My Mom was quick to work - turning me against...
  • Jessipresa

Lonely

I'm 15 , my parents divorced when I was 10 at the moment I knew what was going on my dad cheated on my mom with her sister being the oldest and my mom not being able to read or write I would go with her everywhere that hurt me I always saw how they fought and yelled each other bad things. I never said a thing I would just leave and cry by myself until I moved away I became lonely and very...
  • Nazula

I miss all of it

Hi there, I'm new I'm a 16 year old girl. I'm in my exam year of high school. Actually I'm in the middle of my final exam week. That's one of the reasons why I'm asking for help.. This is probably gonna be a long story but I would really appreciate it if you would take the time and read mine:) My parents decided to get divorced last summer. My mom suspected my father of having an affair for...
  • Kel01

Divorced parents - new family

Hi all,I'm new here. In a nutshell, when I was about 3 years old, my father had an affair with my mother's friend and ended up divorcing my mum for her. They remarried a few years later, brought a house etc. My stepmum has 2 kids the same age as me and my brother with the man she was cheating on with my dad. It feels like over the last 2 years my anger and hurt has really started to fester and...
  • goffard101

divorce sucks

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 22 and my parents divorced when i was around 2 years old and i don't remember much. I do remember that my parents would always fight for many issues big and small. My mom ended up leaving my dad for someone else and simply didn't want to raise me and my little brother. At that time my dad was a single parent and was struggling. We went from having a nice small family to just...
  • Megmac

My parents perfect marriage ending after 27 years

I'm a 24 year old female and it's been about 4 months since my parents official divorce and a year since this all began. I had just moved out of my parents house the year previously to my first apartment ten minutes away with my boyfriend. We were very happy and I haven't always had an easy go with things and this was the happiest I had probably ever been as I had a great job, great boyfriend,...
  • acer28

Dear Mom and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad: I am a child of divorce, I get told that I am selfish ,I am never asked how I am,I only hear about what is wrong, I am a child of divorce, I was struggling and was only yelled at,I feel like a stranger in my own home,Anything less than perfect is not good enough, I am a child of divorce, I am expected to do everything myself,I can never ask for help,I hold in my feelings, I...
  • fridanyc

How can I ease my son's pain?

My 8 year old cried himself to sleep last night telling me he misses his dad and wishes he could see him more. He also told me the password to his  ipad symbolizes the age when he was happy both his parents lived together and that the worse day of his life was when i told him his father and I had broken up.My heart is broken. How can I ease his pain? I honestly try so hard to make him happy I...
  • mommacee

if you have time and would like to help

Hi everyone, I am going through a separation from my children's father. We have been married for almost 9 years, together for 13 years and have children ages 7, 4, and 2. Long story short, I have done everything in my power to keep our family together but my STBX husband has consistently hurt me in more ways than I can list: verbally, emotionally, physically, and psychologically. I have finally...
  • Rach9703

Struggling

hey I'm a 19 year old female and my parents who have been married 26 years are getting divorced. It has been a bit of a long time coming but never thought it would actually have happened my dad is depressed and an alcoholic and I get that must be hard to live with but he's ill me and my sister both moved out a year ago my dad is heartbroken as he never expect it they haven't slept in the same bed...
  • trueblue

What do teenagers think of parents divorcing?

I have a question for those of you who are teenagers, or were teenagers:  How did you feel about your parents splitting up?  How could your parents have made things easier for you when they divorced?  I've been married to my husband for 20 years and I have stayed with him because we have two sons, ages 13 and 18.  My husband loves me, but because he also happens to be very negative and...
  • Schamb01

Questions for those with divorced parents?

Hello, I am a year 12 student doing a research project for one of my classes and my topic is The impact of sole parent relationships on teenagers, I was wondering if anyone would mine helping me out it would be totally anonymous of course.Questions such as:1. What have been some negative affects/complications?2. Do you still keeps incontact with both parents, has your relationship with...
  • RaceRedFox

New Family

I am almost 25 and my dad has been gone now for 5 years. I guess its only natural for my mom to find someone else. However, she never told me she met anyone until she announced one day that she is getting remarried. Considering I never knew about him until that moment, it was mindblown. It didn't help that after she announces that he jumps right in and says he loves me and cares about me and will...
  • jojosam

New member for a couple of reasons...

I have just discovered these support groups, as I am a divorced mother of 2 who has gone back to grad school to become a school counselor. A recent assignment has us joining an online support group to understand what these groups are like, but once I started digging deeper into dailystrength, I realized that it isn't a bad idea to share my frustrations and successes with others in a similar place...
  • 19ivejul

So Many Emotions

I am a fifteen year old and I'm struggling a little bit. Very recently I found out that my parents were getting a divorce. I never saw it coming but then it got much worse when I found out that my parents were getting a divorce because my dad had been having an affair with a woman who he worked with. I don't blame my mom in any way as she tried to hold the marriage together for four years for...