Children Of Divorced Parents Support Group

This community is for the children of divorce, both for adult children who have lived through a divorce as well as parents concerned about the effects of divorce on their children. Share your story and get advice in this support group, where there are others going through similar challenges.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hi everyone, this is my first time in a support group, but I'm just looking for some advice or people to talk to who know what I'm going through. About a month ago, I got a call from my mom, which was a total shock, and she told me that my dad doesn't live at home anymore and that they were filing for divorce. I learned that my dad had an affair with a much younger woman, and ever since, my world...
  • Hi All,I am a 27 years old and I received a phone call from my mom last night saying my dad hasn't been living at home for months and they are getting divorce. It shocked me to my core. My mom cried on the phone with me and she isn't a cryer. It hurt me a lot and made me livid at my dad as it sounds like it's all his decision. My mom struggles with depression and I'm really worried about her....
  • Hi Im Hannah, and I really dont know how this goes because I have never been in a support group. But my therapist says this might be good for me until I see her on the 9th. Two days ago my mother (whom I have a strained relationship with) let my brother (31) and I know she was leaving my father. She used to throw huge fits when I was a child, giving me "the talk" about divorcing him man times...
  • Corn248

Fear

I am afraid of opening up to people. I don't have a lot of friends, because I am afraid of rejection. My parents have been divorced for over 15 years. I don't really have a relationship with my dad. He has not been there for me and my sister for quite sometime. I don't know if that is part of that reason why I have difficulties opening up or what.
  • My parents split up about 2 years ago and I feel like it's just gotten worse. I feel like my parents just continue to become different people everyday and it gets worse. As soon as they split the just became different people. People that I just didn't really know. I used to be best friends with my mom. Absolute best friends. After they split, I can't spend a day with her without a big fight...
  • elluh

Relationships

I have trouble with intimate relationships. Everything that I've read about children of divorce (at least in my generation) says how we will put in so much effort to make relationships thrive. However, I constantly find myself in situations where my partner thinks that I'm too independent. I don't know how to lean on people and I'm not used to asking for help. I see healthy relationships on TV...
  • I have been married for 13 years and honestly don't want to be married to my husband anymore. The truth is the only thing that has prevented me from divorcing him already is the financial aspect and the fact we have a 19mo old daughter. He is a great father and has been a great provider but I am completely miserable in our marriage. We are basically roommates who share parental responsibilities....
  • I'm 22 years old and still depend on my parents to help with college. (PS sorry this is super long) However they since they started getting their divorce last year, things in my family have gone south very fast. My father is a controlling man who saw my mom, brother and I as things that held him back from success and decided to cheat on my mom and then to date another women that we know, she...
  • leifsurferboy

Mum & Dad Playing

Recently my Mum and Dad are playing around each other more than when they did when they were married. I just don't get it. And what is more, they are doing this with Pop in the mix and it's like an episode from Will & Grace.My Mum is not a Fag Hag?I'm glad that they are happy. I'm overwhelmed that they are getting along. But now I have 3 parents who are questioning my every move.
  • ktwentz

Stuck in the Middle

My parents divorced 7 years ago when I was 16. I am now 23 and my parents are still putting me in the middle of things. I am the one my parents go to when they are mad about something the other has done. For example, my mom decided to take my dad back to court for money she feels she is (right before Christmas, nice right?). My dad then texted me how mad he was and how unbelievable the whole...
  • pete2016

custody/ access

i have a13 yr old daughter who is not wanting to come and stay with me.. i live with my new wife and her children. We are a blended family. Should I let her stay with her mothrer and only see her every other weekend? I have 50/50 custody/access right now. I want her to be here with us however if she is unhappy and miserable I dont want her to be here. Her upsets disrupts everyone. Not sure what...
  • I am a sixteen year old girl and right now my parents are divorced. I already struggle with anxiety and depression but since my dad has moved out of the house it has gotten worse. The truth is that it would be better for my mental health to be living with my dad. How should I go about telling my mom this? I love her so much and I don't want to hurt her or think it is her fault but I can't...
  • My parents got divorced 4 years ago, when I was 12. It wasn't a very ugly divorce, but it was still very hard on me. Last January, my dad got remarried to a very nice woman whom I like. Ever since the divorce, but more so after his remarriage, my mom has been very jealous of him and blames everything on him. This is very hard for me because I feel like I have to choose sides, but then the other...
  • Hey! Im a single mom (divorced) and I really work hard to take care of my daughter. She is now 8 years old and she always has some complaints. She now wants me to take her to some good places during her school vacation. Her friends are going to many places for the vacation and now she too needs to go. I tried to convince her, but she is not listening to me. Im very much worried about her and I...
  • Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to be posting as I am an adult. Please let me know if its not. I guess I just came here because I need advice, or just to vent I'm not sure. I'm 27 and my parents relationship has always been a rollercoaster, in every sense of the word. They have been married 31 years, and when times are good they are good, but when times are bad they are...