Back Pain Support Group

Back pain is one of the most common reasons people seek medical care. In fact, about 3 in 4 adults will experience back pain during their lifetime! The term back pain includes pain affecting the neck, midback and low back. Acute back pain may begin suddenly with intense pain but typically lasts fewer than three months. Usually, chronic back pain is persistent, steady, and ongoing.

0 Online
0 Online
  • deleted_user

Sciatica

My herniated disk in my back is now causeing sciatica pains in my right butt cheak and down my right leg. Pain meds only help this a little, what else can I do?
  • Hi everyone, I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to everyone...so HI :-)A little about me: I have been dealing with Degenerative Disk Disease in neck & spine, several facet joint arthropathy in neck and spine, thinning bone in spine, osteoarthritis for almost two years now. If that is not enough I am also going through menopause. To say these conditions have an impact on...
  • drf0001

pancreatitis

Does anyone else experience night sweats?I have night sweats and this problem is getting worse.Not sure if it's from the c.p.or not.
  • Hey guys. Hope all's well in everyone's corners. I'm writing today to see what all of you do to emotionally cope with your back conditions. I've been suffering from chronic lower back pain for about a year and a half now, after injuring myself badly while working out. The condition has changed my life in a lot of pretty unforeseen ways, and I'm still trying to work out my daily patterns so I...
  • HipHappy

Nerve pain meds?

Im sick of just taking codeine, Im addicted to it now and its losing its effect.I have l5 s1 prolapsed 180 degrees, so spine and both nerve roots are pinched. had it for 20 years. comes and goes ( i assume the disc gel moves).what are some alternate meds that might help?anti inflammatories wrecked my gut lining.would propranalol work? i know its a neuralgia med.
  • olmate

What does all this mean

Hello allIm not new to DailyStrength but new to this sectionI'm hoping someone here can convert the results of my ct scan below into English pleaseResults of my ct scanL4/5 disc protruding. Acquired foraminal stenosis is present on the rightLeft S1 joint is ankylosed multi level facet arthropathy severe on right L5 S1Narrowing intervertebral Disc T12/L1 L1/2 L3/4I'm wondering the short term/long...
  • Yesterday was my first time at Physical Therapy for my SI Joint Dysfunction. She said my SI joint was very unstable and moves too much. It was quite painful having her poke at me so much. Has anyone else with SI Joint issues found relief from PT? I am a bit skeptical that this will work, and I am sure I am looking at least six weeks worth of this stuff. Ugh!
  • My back and neck have been painful for so long that I really forgot that it could actually feel better.I finally got so sick, literally, that I had an adjustment done. The Dr. said take 250mg magnesium supplement every day. I tried it out and on most days, I don't feel it at all.Magnesium is a natural muscle relaxant and helps with muscle spasms,cramps and headaches, also.Caution: too much can...
  • Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a general question for all to answer if they so choose.I have had to give up every hobby that I enjoy doing. I used to love to golf, play softball, sit for hours on the computer programming, go out to the bars with friends, attempting to get into a relationship, but back pain has taken all of that away from me. None of my "friends" understand the amount...
  • alices2

Mattress help please!!

I'm hoping someone on here can help me out. I'm replacing my current mattress as its doing absolutely nothing to help my back pain. From what I've heard memory foam is the way to go so I've been doing some research and the two I'm considering are https://www.evemattress.com/ and https://www.ghostbed.com/. Would really love to hear if any of you guys have experience with either of these mattresses...
  • nikkiknauss

Severe Back Pain

For a few years, I have been dealing with extreme back pain in the left side of my back. Even if its something as simple as making dinner, it puts me in bed for the rest of the day. Half of the time, I can't even sleep because I can't get comfortable with my back. The entire left side swells up from my lower back, the whole way up to my shoulder. I actually have a lump at the very top of my back...
  • alphanum32

Share your thoughts

I had met an accident last year and got severely injured. My left leg got fractured and got a lower back injury. Since then, I didnt get relief from my back pain, the doctor suggested me for a physiotherapy. He said that physiotherapy is the best option to increase muscle mobility, movement and rehabilitation. So Im planning to consult the best physiotherapist in Dynamic physiotherapy, Burlington...
  • angies01

New Here

Hi everyone. I've been suffering with low back and hip pain for a couple years but I have been in constant pain for the past 7 months. Ive been to a chiropractor, physical therapy, acupuncture, tons of pain meds and nothing has helped. I finally got approved for a MRI in Feb and found out i have a herniated disc. I find it hard to believe that a herniated disc has been causing this much pain in...
  • CC246

New to the board

Since around Feb of 2015, had back pain which eventually lead to side of rt thigh then to rt ankle. Because it all started with pain in rt heel, dr thought it was a bone spur. Doctor ordered a MRI of the lower lumbar and diagnosed to have spinal stenosis. Then to top it off, broke the same ankle that the pain shoots to. Wonder if broken ankle had anything to do having lower back pain that shoots...
  • Hello Everyone,I have been a member of DS for many years although I have not been active here in a long time so most of you dont know me, but I have a long history of chronic pain, due to an accident which injured my back more than 20 years ago. Since then, I have devoted most of my time and energy experimenting with every possible healing modality towards the goal of being completely functional,...